PDA

View Full Version : I can help but thinking what would...

Dan Thompson
10/17/2010, 12:46 PM
the BCS do if at the end of the regular season, all of these teams are undeated and the polls have them as,

OU 1
BSt 2
TCU 3
Arburn 4

soonercastor
10/17/2010, 12:49 PM
then OU would play BSU for the MNC game......

:D

meoveryouxinfinity
10/17/2010, 12:56 PM
would probably depend a great deal on how VT and Oregon State fare the rest of the season. The SEC has kind of beat up on each other and that could continue.
First of all an undefeated Auburn will almost certainly jump TCU in the human polls.
But VT and Oregon State have to finish basically winning out or very close in order for Auburn to not jump both TCU and BSU.

A more interesting question, who plays in this situation:
1-loss SEC champ (lets say Alabama for argument's sake)
1-loss Big XII champ (let's say Oklahoma loses to Mizzou but takes the conference)
1-loss Big 10 champ (Ohio State)
1-loss Pac 10 champ (let's say Oregon loses to USC)
Undefeated Boise State (and let's say that VT, Oregon State, and Nevada continue to suck)
Undefeated TCU

I'd say either OSU-Bama (they lost earliest in the season)
Bama- BSU
or
OU-Bama. Championship game hurts Ohio State.

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 01:10 PM
OU would play Auburn. Guarantee it.

Scott D
10/17/2010, 03:59 PM
OU v. Aub or OU v. TCU

BSU watched ALL of their MNC hopes go down the drain with that incomplete pass on a 2 pt conversion in Seattle last night followed by a lackluster Reno performance in Honolulu.

batonrougesooner
10/17/2010, 04:03 PM
would probably depend a great deal on how VT and Oregon State fare the rest of the season. The SEC has kind of beat up on each other and that could continue.
First of all an undefeated Auburn will almost certainly jump TCU in the human polls.
But VT and Oregon State have to finish basically winning out or very close in order for Auburn to not jump both TCU and BSU.

1-loss Big XII champ (let's say Oklahoma loses to Mizzou but takes the conference)
Undefeated Boise State (and let's say that VT, Oregon State, and Nevada continue to suck)
Undefeated TCU

Bama- BSU
or

The conferences with the championship games would get the nod.

Okie35
10/17/2010, 04:04 PM
The conferences with the championship games would get the nod.

Yea it will be OU vs. Auburn.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/17/2010, 04:07 PM
the BCS do if at the end of the regular season, all of these teams are undeated and the polls have them as,

OU 1
BSt 2
TCU 3
Arburn 4

i'm not sure what "undeated" means.... so i'll say 42.

;)

TheMind__Gap
10/17/2010, 04:07 PM
Auburn is not all that great. They should stumble a couple times. And while Newton is pretty good, I would still rather have LJ.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2010, 04:20 PM
It means we'd likely get #8.

Dan Thompson
10/17/2010, 04:31 PM
Definition: Undeated – undefeated and no major players injured.

JRAM
10/17/2010, 05:00 PM
I am fearful of the fact that any team at the end would be UNDEATED. What a horrible situation for a team to find itself in.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 05:01 PM
Mach Brown would think Texas should be there.

humblesooner
10/17/2010, 05:56 PM
i'm not sure what "undeated" means.... so i'll say 42.

;)

It's 76 and you know it!!!!!

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 05:59 PM
Mach Brown would think Texas should be there.

Correct answer, we're done.

yukonsooner
10/17/2010, 06:12 PM
OU would play Auburn. Guarantee it.

No way. I know this is supposed to be decided by the computers, but......
the media will have an OU/Boise match up just for the ratings. Can you imagine the hype for this game?

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 06:40 PM
WTF does the media have to do with it? BCS is the computers, the coaches, and the Harris which is only partly the media and largely former coaches and players. If Boise really tanks in computer rankings they'll be lucky to be in the top 4 in the BCS at the end of the regular season.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/17/2010, 06:46 PM
It's 76 and you know it!!!!!

dammit! my bad. i've never been good at all those numbers an stuff. damn ****'s confusin'

:)

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 09:34 PM
No way. I know this is supposed to be decided by the computers, but......
the media will have an OU/Boise match up just for the ratings. Can you imagine the hype for this game?

the media dosnt care about ratings ya noob!

:D

silverwheels
10/17/2010, 09:45 PM
If those 4 teams go undefeated, Auburn will have moved ahead of Boise and TCU in the human polls. They do play in the SEC, after all.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:19 PM

Undefeated TCU

Bama- BSU
or

I was looking at the BCS page earlier too. I started to read it and my head started to spin and I thought....I think I'll just go back to "WE'RE DOOMED!" ;)

It is really best to concentrate on our Team winning games and enjoy the winning IMO. I think we'll all be really shaking things out about the BCS position once we're still undefeated going into the stoolwater game. I know some folks really get into being on top of it though. I bow to their concentration of such stuff. I really followed it close for a few years there and finally realized that Bob was working the crap outta their formula. Hell....he's been to the big one four times! If there is a bigger expert than him....I don't know who it is.

I fully expect he's got this one figured out right now. I know he likes to play those questions off...but somehow I have a feeling he knows it as good if not better than anyone.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 10:22 PM
BOB KNOWS ALL!!!!