PDA

View Full Version : Gameday to Columbia Next Week

Lott's Bandana
10/17/2010, 09:43 AM
Seems this game got a bit more important recently.

:pop:

fadada1
10/17/2010, 09:55 AM
QUICK!!! somebody mapquest columbia to find out where it actually is.

The Ghost of Mex
10/17/2010, 09:57 AM
Doomed!:D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 10:01 AM
look forward to musberger callin the game

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:03 AM
It's this Bar they call Columbia, Mo.

Some of my Cousins got their bartender degrees there.

OULenexaman
10/17/2010, 10:09 AM
oh god....not cheeseburger callin the game. We be doomed.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:11 AM
jBsPZV14I-k&ob=av3e

soonerhubs
10/17/2010, 10:17 AM
oh god....not cheeseburger callin the game. We be doomed.

I'll take him over that *** clown Sean Mcdonough any Saturday.

SoonerPr8r
10/17/2010, 10:24 AM

I used google here is what I got....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100813013256/bioshock/images/b/bb/Columbia_Propaganda.png

OULenexaman
10/17/2010, 10:30 AM

well it does make for a good drinkin game.....:D

stoopified
10/17/2010, 10:36 AM
The nation will witness a slaughter of tigers not seen since the golden age of the Roman Coliseum.

oudivesherpa
10/17/2010, 11:04 AM

Isn't it a country in South America, west of Brazil?:D

Soonerfan88
10/17/2010, 11:07 AM
With that fanbase, show up early as the town may be locked down before game time and you won't be able to make kick-off.

Mizzou fans + homecoming + Game Day + OU game = DISASTER!!!!

Clever Trevor
10/17/2010, 11:22 AM
I got the clap in Columbia once...

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 11:26 AM

Sean McDonough is fine. Bab Davie makes me want to burn my ears off. Brent has such a Stoops mancrush, it will be fun.:D

Rocko
10/17/2010, 11:42 AM
Question: what does college game day entail for people at the game? Trying to decide if I want to go or not.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 11:48 AM
Question: what does college game day entail for people at the game? Trying to decide if I want to go or not.

You get to make a sign and stand behind a giant screen and yell obscenities whilst the talking heads try to talk over you.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 11:49 AM

Not sure anymore as I went to a few of them before the Sign Nazis started checking people and they quit having them inside the Stadiums. The RRSO was one of the last ones I went too a few years ago. They aren't nearly as fun as they used to be but I do like seeing folks from our fan base represent.

ESPN and the School ADs took the fun out of it IMO. Now it's more about making the 3 doosh nozzles on TV look good than the folks who go to one meet fans of the other school and cheer and have fun.

For me it's a sad thing now that used to be great.

Jacie
10/17/2010, 11:59 AM
The one at Boise State was in the stadium this year. There really weren't any fans from the opponent there and the crowd was in the stands a long way from where the Gameday guys were. Much better when the crowd is close by so you can see them even in the close ups of Brent, Herbie and Corso.

Sooner_Tuf
10/17/2010, 12:01 PM
Gameday in Columbia because the world is waiting to see how Gary Pinkel will choke this time.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 12:02 PM
The one at Boise State was in the stadium this year. There really weren't any fans from the opponent there and the crowd was in the stands a long way from where the Gameday guys were. Much better when the crowd is close by so you can see them even in the close ups of Brent, Herbie and Corso.

Right there. That's another thing they've done. You can't hardly get close enough to throw a beer can at them anymore. :D

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146011

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 01:56 PM
Im not a musberger guy, but as a wise friend pointed out, he has called some of bob stoops biggest wins

Collier11
10/17/2010, 01:58 PM
Missouri as a team doesnt really scare me, I dont think they are as good as their 6-0 record would indicate...Missouri as a team on the road at night, that is what concerns me

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 02:01 PM
yeah, I kept thinking please dont let it be a night game....

adoniijahsooner
10/17/2010, 02:04 PM
When I think about the opportunity I get very excited. Plus, this is an Oklahoma team that has gone through more adversity in the last year than most programs see in 10 years. Missouri players say that they circled the date of this game long ago, and i guess thats about as important as when Chase Daniel and Brad Smith were anxious to play us as well.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 02:10 PM
yeah, I kept thinking please dont let it be a night game....

Big XII Championship is at night and we've beat them there.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 02:12 PM

Took a Woman to finally talk some sense to him. Good Job!

TexasEx4OU
10/17/2010, 02:13 PM
The nation will witness a slaughter of tigers not seen since the 2008 Big XII CCG.

FIFY.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 02:22 PM

I was at that game...probably going to be slight difference between a night neutral field game and a home night game...

Young team on the road vs that sooner team...another little difference

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 02:28 PM
I was at that game...probably going to be slight difference between a night neutral field game and a home night game...

Young team on the road vs that sooner team...another little difference

Oh, there's plenty I'm concerned about. The night part isn't one of them. Landry's happy feet on the road is very high on the list of things that concern me.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 03:54 PM
here is what is concerning about day or night...when OU played tech back in 08 at home, i have a feeling the fact that the fans had all day to get some alchohol in their system and get their solid party on all day long had a big effect on that game...I don't think you have the same atmosphere during a 11 or 230 game...IMO

soonerhubs
10/17/2010, 04:51 PM
Sean McDonough is fine. Bab Davie makes me want to burn my ears off. Brent has such a Stoops mancrush, it will be fun.:D

If by fine, you mean ignorant ****** with absolutely no knowledge of football that makes some of the most mind-numbingly stupid remarks ever spoken on live television, then yes!!! He's very FINE!

Mazeppa
10/17/2010, 05:04 PM
Missouri players say that they circled the date of this game long ago.

Like Nebraska did for the Texas game?

Collier11
10/17/2010, 05:06 PM
Mizzou needs to be careful what they wish for, they havent beaten Stoops yet

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 05:07 PM
And they like to grow the grass tall in mizzou when OU comes to town.

Collier11
10/17/2010, 05:09 PM
Stoops avg score vs Mizzou 38-17

Stoops avg score vs. Mizzou at Mizzou 28.5-17

Stoops avg score vs. Mizzou when both teams are ranked 40.2-18.4

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 05:39 PM
Ummm... it's the next game on OUr schedule, and the opponent is pretty good. I could care less about what the average Stoops versus Pinkel score is... we used to say stuff like that about Texas.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 05:46 PM
here is what is concerning about day or night...when OU played tech back in 08 at home, i have a feeling the fact that the fans had all day to get some alchohol in their system and get their solid party on all day long had a big effect on that game...I don't think you have the same atmosphere during a 11 or 230 game...IMO

Again, I'm more worried about Landry and his happy feet than I am about a bunch of drunks. Shoot, give me enough booze and I'm ready for a nap. Maybe they'll feel the same way.;)

Collier11
10/17/2010, 05:49 PM
Ummm... it's the next game on OUr schedule, and the opponent is pretty good. I could care less about what the average Stoops versus Pinkel score is... we used to say stuff like that about Texas.

Its legitimate, just like Neb being 1-8 vs UT. Matchups are matchups. We matchup well with Pinkels system

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2010, 06:01 PM
Bob Davie is fine. Sean McDonough makes me want to burn my ears off and stick my head in a blender as opposed to listen to another second of his dull voice that sounds like an emotionless robot with a clogged up nose.

Fixed.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by soonerchk
Sean McDonough is fine. Bob Davie makes me want to burn my ears off and stick my head in a blender as opposed to listen to another second of his dull voice that sounds like an emotionless robot with a clogged up nose.

You're right, that is better!

Collier11
10/17/2010, 06:07 PM
We also spent much of our bye week working on Mizzou

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 06:17 PM
Its legitimate, just like Neb being 1-8 vs UT. Matchups are matchups. We matchup well with Pinkels system

We matched up well with Mike Leach's system well, too. Not crying that the sky is falling, but it ain't a W yet. I like how we cleaned things up against ISU, but as Stoops always says... even in a shutout-blowout win, you can still see things that need improvement. I agree with the fact that we *should* win, and we seem to have a good thing going right now... but it doesn't appear to be a gimme. I hope the more this season goes on, the more we continue to win, that we begin to become the physical team OUr staff has challenged them to be. The better we continue to develop in the trenches, the more dominant a team we can become. DTs showed they were getting a bit better yesterday, which was another positive.

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2010, 06:19 PM
You're right, that is better!

You obviously have a thing for bald guys if you think a person, who makes Steven Hawkin's voice box seem exciting to listen to, is awesome.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 06:20 PM
Not really. Bob Davie just makes my skin crawl.

Collier11
10/17/2010, 06:22 PM
We matched up well with Mike Leach's system well, too. Not crying that the sky is falling, but it ain't a W yet. I like how we cleaned things up against ISU, but as Stoops always says... even in a shutout-blowout win, you can still see things that need improvement. I agree with the fact that we *should* win, and we seem to have a good thing going right now... but it doesn't appear to be a gimme. I hope the more this season goes on, the more we continue to win, that we begin to become the physical team OUr staff has challenged them to be. The better we continue to develop in the trenches, the more dominant a team we can become. DTs showed they were getting a bit better yesterday, which was another positive.

I didnt mean to imply that this is a locked up W, just that if we play our game we match up really well with them.

The key to me is that you can see legit improvement week to week with this team. We are getting close, now we just have to sustain the momentum

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 06:28 PM
We're gonna blow there azzes out like usual, as long as I keep up my gameday traditions! Seems I have my ritual down so far this year based on our record and ranking! lol

I just wish they woulda jumped more in the polls so the one computer ranking that only focuses on the opponent rank AT THE TIME OF THE GAME would reward us more for beating them down. OH well...We don't actually NEED it anyway.

sendbaht
10/17/2010, 06:30 PM
Come on guys, it's in Los Angeles...Columbia

Columbia Records....

tigerjonns
10/17/2010, 06:49 PM
hi sooner fans.

just wanted to see what sooner nation was saying about the upcoming game. And to no surprise, not much respect being thrown around. That's ok, based on previous games and Stoop's ownership of Pinkel, I wouldnt expect anything different.

I will say this, this MU team is different than ones of the past. Yes, we still run the same old spread that OU seems to handle really well b/c of their athleticism at all spots. But this year Mizzou has a defense.

Anyway, not here to troll just wanted to check it out. Ill be there Saturday and I hope the atmosphere is electric. Good luck. Im not predicting Mizzou will win as I think OU is good like always. but you never know.

agoo758
10/17/2010, 06:55 PM
hi sooner fans.

just wanted to see what sooner nation was saying about the upcoming game. And to no surprise, not much respect being thrown around. That's ok, based on previous games and Stoop's ownership of Pinkel, I wouldnt expect anything different.

I will say this, this MU team is different than ones of the past. Yes, we still run the same old spread that OU seems to handle really well b/c of their athleticism at all spots. But this year Mizzou has a defense.

Anyway, not here to troll just wanted to check it out. Ill be there Saturday and I hope the atmosphere is electric. Good luck. Im not predicting Mizzou will win as I think OU is good like always. but you never know.

Not a problem sir. Welcome! And if you remain respectful like your first post, we are happy to have you bring some insight.

adoniijahsooner
10/17/2010, 07:02 PM
Mizzou beat a below average A&M team, and somehow we are suppose to worried about them? Every year, there is always some upstart program that the whole nation cheers for leading up to their game with the big bad Sooners (ISU, TT, Mizzou, and OSU), and everytime we go into their place and ruin their season.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 07:04 PM
The Tigers have been building a decent defense over the years..I think a couple of the D's they've had facing OU were ranked pretty high as well..