PDA

View Full Version : OU Projected as BCS #1

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:00 AM
By ESPN's Brad Edwards, followed by Oregon and Auburn. Don't know how legit that is. But I DO NOT want to be BCS #1 this early. I know, just win and its all good. But I like playing like we have something to prove.

Blue
10/17/2010, 02:01 AM
Haha. Boomer!

Okie35
10/17/2010, 02:02 AM
Double haha. I was first :(... I guess I'll make it a "delete me"

ouduckhunter
10/17/2010, 02:03 AM
Just saw that on ESpin too!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/17/2010, 02:05 AM
I would rather be projected Number 1 and then have to win out. That way we control our own destiny.

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:05 AM
Gawd I hope its Boise and not us. I would rather hope Boise and not carry that #1. But I don't think that will affect the way we play, though.

Okie35
10/17/2010, 02:08 AM
Gawd I hope its Boise and not us. I would rather hope Boise and not carry that #1. But I don't think that will affect the way we play, though.

It shouldn't but I feel how T. Lewis put it. We don't deserve that yet. We haven't played consistently but its starting to come together.

thurman murman
10/17/2010, 02:09 AM
I may be new here, but you always want to be #1 and prove it to everybody.

Don't be scared and say, "Oh, now everyone will want to beat us because we are #1."

That's how cowards think.

We have played more games as the #1 team in the country for a reason; because we have won more games ranked as the #1 team in the country.

soonercastor
10/17/2010, 02:09 AM
#3 right now would be perfect. too much spotlight this early does no good

Blue
10/17/2010, 02:14 AM

Don't be scared and say, "Oh, now everyone will want to beat us because we are #1."

We have played more games as the #1 team in the country for a reason; because we have won more games ranked as the #1 team in the country.

Absolutely.

I don't know exactly where along the way some OU fans became sissified. Why would you not want to be #1??? Especially over the likes of TCU, Boise, Oregon, and Auburn??

Sack up!

missann
10/17/2010, 02:16 AM
This should be expected. Weren't we projected #2 before all these upsets today?

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:17 AM

I get where you are coming from. I just would rather be #1 AFTER Mizzou. This is a dangerous game, and I would rather them not have that, "Let's beat the #1 team in the nation" motivation. I don't think we are the best at this point. Top 5, yes. In 3 weeks, if we are still unbeaten, yeah, I will take the #1 with pride and say, "Come on, beat us if you can." But right now, it is situation that you don't necessarily want #1 since it is so early and by the way we have played so far.

That said, I believe we can win out even if we are #1 tomorrow. We are getting better week after week.

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 02:17 AM
I, like Robert Stoops (I would think) wouldnt give two ****s what the BCS ranks us right now.

Missouri.....thats all he's (Robert) is thinking about.

MyT Oklahoma
10/17/2010, 02:18 AM
I'll still take the Number 1 ranking if that's what hapens because then we simply have to win out. Which I am sure is Bob's master plan if we can do it.

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:19 AM

This is true, and the only reason we would move up would be losses by the Beavers and Nevada. Oh yeah, and that goose-egg tonight. :D

MyT Oklahoma
10/17/2010, 02:20 AM
Mizzou wants to beat us badly because we are OU and also because of two Big 12 Championship beatdown games. So it's not as if they don't have plenty of motivation to beat us already.

SoonerNate
10/17/2010, 02:21 AM
BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thurman murman
10/17/2010, 02:22 AM
I get where you are coming from. I just would rather be #1 AFTER Mizzou. This is a dangerous game, and I would rather them not have that, "Let's beat the #1 team in the nation" motivation. I don't think we are the best at this point. Top 5, yes. In 3 weeks, if we are still unbeaten, yeah, I will take the #1 with pride and say, "Come on, beat us if you can." But right now, it is situation that you don't necessarily want #1 since it is so early and by the way we have played so far.

That said, I believe we can win out even if we are #1 tomorrow. We are getting better week after week.

I'm not afraid of missouri. They have beaten us exactly twice in the last 28 years.

They are afraid of us.

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:27 AM
I'm not afraid of missouri. They have beaten us exactly twice in the last 28 years.

They are afraid of us.

They are. But they also feel better at Columbia than we do, especially in 2010 with our road performances and against their undefeated team. I absolutely predict OU to win. But I just hate being nervous. This game makes me nervous.

thurman murman
10/17/2010, 02:29 AM
They are. But they also feel better at Columbia than we do, especially in 2010 with our road performances and against their undefeated team. I absolutely predict OU to win. But I just hate being nervous. This game makes me nervous.

this is what makes the season fun.:)

sooner59
10/17/2010, 02:43 AM

Its also what makes my BP go sky high! :eek:

sendbaht
10/17/2010, 04:52 AM

I'm with you Thurman.....number 1 all the way............

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 05:21 AM
I'm torn. I really don't care as long as we are 1 or 2 in the BCS going into bowl season, but there's also that part of me that wants to add to the HUGE number of weeks we've topped the polls.

delhalew
10/17/2010, 08:09 AM

They are afraid of us.

It's not a matter of being afraid of Missouri, it's a matter of our kids buying the hype. The hardest job a coach has is getting the kids to focus every week.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2010, 08:43 AM
when do the first official bcs rankings appear?

btb916
10/17/2010, 08:46 AM

No kidding. I would hate if every game were against an inferior team like Iowa State. I barely thought about the game all week because I was confident we would win. Now I'm ready to see the guys rise to the occasion and put mizzou in their place.

Boomer.....
10/17/2010, 08:52 AM
when do the first official bcs rankings appear?

Tonight

stoopified
10/17/2010, 08:54 AM
Just saw that

westbrooke
10/17/2010, 09:01 AM
It seems strange to open at #1 when there are still a handful of team ahead of us in both polls (yay SOS!), but I'll take it. We keep winning with that BCS #1 next to our name and it may guide the human voters to move us up the polls regardless of how the other teams are performing, a more solid position all around. This is a good thing.

AlbqSooner
10/17/2010, 09:17 AM
It's not a matter of being afraid of Missouri, it's a matter of our kids buying the hype. The hardest job a coach has is getting the kids to focus every week.

While this is always a concern, I suggest that THIS team is in a perfect spot to deal with it.

This team went through pre-season with a number of questions. They opened with a game that many thought they should have won handily. They got tested more than expected but DID win. Same with Air Force and Cincy. They beat a whorn team and could easily have questioned just how good that team was. Yesterday they saw the whorn team take the previously highly ranked huskers to the woodshed.

I recall, after the 2000 season that Stoops said that after the RRS that year the coaches were looking at film and said, "Hey, we are pretty darn good." That is where I think this team is. They have improved from the start of the season. They now know that they have second and third team people who can play at an elite level.

After the smackdown of ISU in all phases of the game, they have to be thinking, "Hey we are a pretty good team."

The good thing is they know, thanks to Utah State, Cincy and the whorns, that they are just a few missed assignments - a few plays off - from being a pretty mediocre team.

I sense a business like approach from these guys that can only spell success. I say they are ready for whatever BCS ranking comes now. I say they will be ready for Mizzery on Saturday.

Not want a target on our backs??? Pfffffft. There is only ONE Oklahoma.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/17/2010, 09:21 AM
Usually, I would not want to be number one this early. However, with this young team, I think being number one is good. They have to FIGHT to keep it. Also, if we don't get the number one now, we may never get it. I (along with many others) dont think that Boise's schedule allows them to hold number one, but I never trust the BCS. If BSU wins out and Orygone wins out, we may never be asked to the dance.

SO, TAKE NUMBER ONE NOW AND FU*$&ING RUN WITH IT SOONERS!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:29 AM
Mizzou wants to beat us badly because we are OU and also because of two Big 12 Championship beatdown games. So it's not as if they don't have plenty of motivation to beat us already.

They might have beaten us only twice in 28 years but right now they are in our way....A ROAD GAME....which we've had trouble with the last few years.

This is why I'm in on MyT O's theory that they are tired of being a doormat that OU uses to push on through the ranks. Mizzou is poised to show that they are the best Team in the North. With Nebbishka going down yesterday, Mizzou will be pumped up at Home and ready to deliver us a loss and put us back in the "I hope the whorns drop one to somebody again mode".

I'm looking forward to Bob and the Coaching Staff to really step it up this week and prove that we shifted gears on ISU last night but we haven't come out of 2nd gear yet. I hope Bob and our Team lay yet again another burnout down the Tiggers back making them look like a Northern State Skunk.

WIN OUT THEORY is in full tilt boogie form IMO.

MichiganSooner
10/17/2010, 09:54 AM
I wanna be #1 or #2 when it counts...heading into the bowl season. Being #1 or #2 right now would suit me just fine. The team needs to just keep getting better by working hard and playing smart on Saturday. There are a lot of games to be played by a lot of teams.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:56 AM
Well....it does count now....

Every Game from here till we are all trying to make a stoolwater aggie rich by buying his scalped ticket for $200 will count.

tommieharris91
10/17/2010, 10:04 AM
Well....it does count now....

Every Game from here till we are all trying to make a stoolwater aggie rich by buying his scalped ticket for $200 will count.

They still won't sell that game out.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:13 AM
They still won't sell that game out.

Just trying to limit every fan base they can to 5000 tickets is their idea of a sellout.

BHB 91
10/17/2010, 10:32 AM
While this is always a concern, I suggest that THIS team is in a perfect spot to deal with it.

This team went through pre-season with a number of questions. They opened with a game that many thought they should have won handily. They got tested more than expected but DID win. Same with Air Force and Cincy. They beat a whorn team and could easily have questioned just how good that team was. Yesterday they saw the whorn team take the previously highly ranked huskers to the woodshed.

I recall, after the 2000 season that Stoops said that after the RRS that year the coaches were looking at film and said, "Hey, we are pretty darn good." That is where I think this team is. They have improved from the start of the season. They now know that they have second and third team people who can play at an elite level.

After the smackdown of ISU in all phases of the game, they have to be thinking, "Hey we are a pretty good team."

The good thing is they know, thanks to Utah State, Cincy and the whorns, that they are just a few missed assignments - a few plays off - from being a pretty mediocre team.

I sense a business like approach from these guys that can only spell success. I say they are ready for whatever BCS ranking comes now. I say they will be ready for Mizzery on Saturday.

Not want a target on our backs??? Pfffffft. There is only ONE Oklahoma.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. I think the players will not let this BCS hype go to their heads and focus on Missouri.

SoonerPr8r
10/17/2010, 10:36 AM
We already know the Sooners are number 1 it's about time that the rest of the country recognized it. Plus it will pizz off the ducks:D

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:48 AM
Plus it will pizz off the ducks:D

That right there.

Now just close your eyes and think about what that looks like.

Pretty nice huh?

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/17/2010, 11:32 AM
I'm torn. I really don't care as long as we are 1 or 2 in the BCS going into bowl season, but there's also that part of me that wants to add to the HUGE number of weeks we've topped the polls.

agree with this completely!

soonerboomer93
10/17/2010, 11:51 AM

#4 is what they were showing on Espin yesterday.

Palm has us projected at #1 also

Knippz
10/17/2010, 12:37 PM
I don't know about y'all, but I raise my one in the air every game. Being ranked #1 just enforces that. :D

landrun
10/17/2010, 03:22 PM
The reason the computers have OU ranked so high is because a sorry air force team (as most would say) is actually having a decent season. And an 'average' FSU team is probably going to end up a 1 loss team and win the ACC.

That, and the only team Oregon has beat to date with a winning record has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record. Meaning, if you go two levels deep, there are only 3 teams with winning records that apply to Oregon's SOS. OU's SOS is far superior to theirs right now. 3 of the 5 teams OU has played so far have winning records, strong winning records. Which means OU's schedule by itself has been tougher than that Oregon's and all their opponent's combined.

The Ducks also have to watch out for Auburn, LSU and Michigan St. too. All undefeated who will probably play much tougher schedules than Oregon when it is said and done.

Oregon fans hate it. I love it because I've hated Oregon ever since the onside kick job we took a few years back. I seriously think I hate Oregon more than Tejas and Miami. :eek:

Okla-homey
10/17/2010, 03:27 PM
I'm concerned about Pokey in Stoolwater. They're firing on all cylinders offensively. Their defense is still questionable, but anything can happen in college football.