PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska...

Sooner_Havok
10/17/2010, 12:12 AM
Are people going to think that they left the conference because the couldn't beat * on or off the field?

Thoughts?

itsok
10/17/2010, 12:22 AM
yes

CrimsonRez
10/17/2010, 12:23 AM
They don't have any other reason...

CatfishSooner
10/17/2010, 12:23 AM
sucks!!!

oumartin
10/17/2010, 12:24 AM
sour grapes

agoo758
10/17/2010, 12:25 AM
Off-season could get ugly..... or it could :pop:

MeMyself&Me
10/17/2010, 12:38 AM
Nebraska deserves that impression at this point. Tejas was ripe for the taking this year and Nebbish choked like an aggie.

PLaw
10/17/2010, 01:03 AM
Highly over-rated and exposed.

Boomer

OUbasketball4life
10/17/2010, 01:10 AM
Look at the passing game from both teams last night and I say they both belong in the boring Big Ten

sendbaht
10/17/2010, 01:11 AM
was hoping neb won, but can be glad neb lost too. all works in Our favor.

MyT Oklahoma
10/17/2010, 01:11 AM
Bugeaters laid an egg today. Life is tuff.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:58 AM
Nebbish fans will be claiming that all the ref screw jobs that favored texass are just one more reason they can't bear to be in a conference with those high and mighty dooshnozzles.

CORNholio
10/17/2010, 03:10 AM
assuming that they are both bitchsticks TX>Neb, this is not your daddy's world. Nebraska is full of nasal midwestern homo's. Texas is full of....well....Texans. Both fail but TX takes a slight edge because they did not DESTROY THE BIG 12! Hey Nebraska, **** off dip****

Shakadoodoo
10/17/2010, 09:13 AM
Nebraska's biggest mistake was saying the only game they had circled on their schedule was Texass. They set themselves up for failure. Once you get to this level the game is 95%+ mental. You never give the other team a psychological edge by talking to much. Especially on this level when everyone has great athletes.

FaninAma
10/17/2010, 09:20 AM
If Nebraska has our 3rd team receivers they
beat Texas by 3 TDs. They don't and they didn't.

Also, Bo Pelini's decision to bench their best passing
QB to resurrect the Husker offenses of old was terrible.

sooner n houston
10/17/2010, 09:28 AM
No, the Big ten has more to offer than the Big XII at this point. It looked like the conference was falling apart and Neb was in trouble as far as where they might land. They made the best decision for them, just as we did.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/17/2010, 09:42 AM
No, the Big ten has more to offer than the Big XII at this point. It looked like the conference was falling apart and Neb was in trouble as far as where they might land. They made the best decision for them, just as we did.

So when it looked like the Big XII was falling apart, why didn't A&M jump to the SEC or any one of the schools offered by the Pac 10 leave? They had feelers out, but didn't jump the gun.

They all stuck it out to wait and see what would happen EVEN when it looked like the Big XII was DONE. Not to mention Nebraska put their name into that Big 10 pot SEASONS before the chips started to fall.

If it was Mizzou who was leaving, nobody would be defending them like this. Mizzou has been our bitch much like Nebraska has been Texas's. Mizzou never complained like Nebraska did. Mizzou desperately wanted out though. They flirted with the Big 10. And would've jumped just like Neb.

Whet
10/17/2010, 09:47 AM
The Big Head got to Tom Osborn and convinced his peeps to leave because HE did not have enough pull in the conference. Plus, they will always be Texas beoch!

FaninAma
10/17/2010, 09:50 AM
I will never blame any program for not wanting
to be in a league dominated by Texas.

And the Big XII was on shakey ground even before
Nebraska left.

I think Nebraska will do very well in the Big 10 but
even if they don't they will be crying all the way to
the bank.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:54 AM
I have a feeling that folks in nebbishka will give up farming and probably start raising longwhorn cattle once they are in the Big *.

SoonerMom2
10/17/2010, 12:16 PM
Nebraska also objected to playing the Big 12 Championship in Texas -- always wanted it in Kansas City. NE wanted everything their way so now they pick up their football and go to the Big 10. If they think Texas was bad just wait until they meet Ohio State and Michigan and their fan base.

Don't think Nebraska likes OU being back on top again either. Unlike some people on here I don't like their coach and thought he did not fit well here in Norman with the defensive coaches. Was glad to see him go. Will never root for Nebraska with their attitude. Osborne and with his comments can shove it.

SoonerMom2
10/17/2010, 12:22 PM
So when it looked like the Big XII was falling apart, why didn't A&M jump to the SEC or any one of the schools offered by the Pac 10 leave? They had feelers out, but didn't jump the gun.

They all stuck it out to wait and see what would happen EVEN when it looked like the Big XII was DONE. Not to mention Nebraska put their name into that Big 10 pot SEASONS before the chips started to fall.

If it was Mizzou who was leaving, nobody would be defending them like this. Mizzou has been our bitch much like Nebraska has been Texas's. Mizzou never complained like Nebraska did. Mizzou desperately wanted out though. They flirted with the Big 10. And would've jumped just like Neb.

Very well said and I don't get the love affair with Nebraska on here. The comments coming out of Osborne are over the top filled with hatred toward all of us in the Big 12. Nebraska had to be courting the Big 10 for some time as fast as it went down. Still waiting to meet their 'classy' fans because since we have been going to OU games since moving to Norman in '97, they sure have not been sitting around us. Not sure who has been the most obnoxious fans -- OSU, MO, or NE -- depends on the year but for some reason they buy one ticket in our section on the aisle and then a group of them come to the top and make themselves at home in the aisle. Royal pain in the necks!

No matter what Nebraska says there was 1 second left on that clock in the Championship game last year.

OUmillenium
10/17/2010, 01:14 PM
= fail.

I was sort of hoping NU would win but enjoyed the beatdown UT delivered on NU turf. Shut their fans up for good. We took care of the UT loudmouths on OCt 2, they took care of the shuckers.

We are #1

meoveryouxinfinity
10/17/2010, 01:19 PM
Very well said and I don't get the love affair with Nebraska on here. The comments coming out of Osborne are over the top filled with hatred toward all of us in the Big 12. Nebraska had to be courting the Big 10 for some time as fast as it went down. Still waiting to meet their 'classy' fans because since we have been going to OU games since moving to Norman in '97, they sure have not been sitting around us. Not sure who has been the most obnoxious fans -- OSU, MO, or NE -- depends on the year but for some reason they buy one ticket in our section on the aisle and then a group of them come to the top and make themselves at home in the aisle. Royal pain in the necks!

No matter what Nebraska says there was 1 second left on that clock in the Championship game last year.

Edit: oh and at least Mizzou has been more relevant as of late. They have been dominating the North...as if that means anything.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 01:32 PM
= fail.

I was sort of hoping NU would win but enjoyed the beatdown UT delivered on NU turf. Shut their fans up for good. We took care of the UT loudmouths on OCt 2, they took care of the shuckers.

We are #1

This scenario is exactly how I'd hoped it would go down.

Winning big and posting a shutout last night made it even more enjoyable.

slh1234
10/17/2010, 02:52 PM

I'm one that really hoped the Big XII was dead and gone and that OU had picked up and gone on to better things. As it was, I think OU got into a deal with the Big XII (-2) that the conference can't keep, and I think that option was the worst for OU of the 3 being discussed. I just don't see keeping the depleted Big XII together as being a good thing, and especially not being a good thing for OU to be a part of.

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 03:11 PM
I'm one that really hoped the Big XII was dead and gone and that OU had picked up and gone on to better things. As it was, I think OU got into a deal with the Big XII (-2) that the conference can't keep, and I think that option was the worst for OU of the 3 being discussed. I just don't see keeping the depleted Big XII together as being a good thing, and especially not being a good thing for OU to be a part of.
I think it gives everyone a chance at figuring out a better exit strategy for when the conference fails and not making hasty and "under the gun" decisions. You can bet they are all making contingency plans for the inevitable.

Salt City Sooner
10/17/2010, 03:11 PM
Are people going to think that they left the conference because the couldn't beat * on or off the field?

Thoughts?
Not at all. :D

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Runza, the local fast-food chain that serves spiced beef baked in dough, should consider a special this week: spiced crow. There's suddenly a big demand in Nebraska.

The talk of redemption for the 10 months since the 13-12, last-second loss in the Big 12 championship game reached a crescendo this week. The 85,648 fans wore red as testimony of their devotion and desire. But all of that could not overcome one simple and overriding fact.

The opponent was Texas.

Time for a dope slap. All that discussion about No. 5 Nebraska going to the Big Ten for money, or stability, or competition, or academics, all of it overlooked the obvious reason that the Huskers made the move.

Texas is not in the Big Ten.

Mack Brown, as only he can do, sounded the perfect note after the Longhorns' 20-13 victory. Texas has gone 9-1 against Nebraska in the 15-year existence of the Big 12 Conference, which the Huskers will leave after this season.

"I've said it many times," Brown said, "but this place is the best place to play in college football. These fans, all the publicity of how bad the fans would be? They were great. I wish all college football fans could come here and learn how to be great fans, because we have given them some tough times here, and they have never, ever acted anything but very gracious."

But Brown also said, "I felt some of their fans saying after we got up 10-0, 'You gotta be kidding me. Not again.'"

That was seven minutes into the game. Never mind that Texas had lost two consecutive games while Nebraska had won five straight. Actually, that may have had something to do with it.

"I thought there was more pressure on them today than us," Brown said, "and that's unusual."

DESTINY IS NOT A MATTER OF CHANCE. IT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE.

That quote, uttered by famous Nebraskan William Jennings Bryan in 1899, stands in big letters above the entrance to the Osborne Athletic Complex on the north side of Memorial Stadium. The Huskers are choosing to run from the Big 12. After this latest loss to the Longhorns, a horror show that caused a run Saturday on over-the-counter sleep aids in pharmacies from Grand Island to Norfolk, you can't blame them.

Run, Nebraska. Run while you can. You couldn't do it Saturday.

Texas clearly put its off week to good use. The defense held Nebraska to 125 rushing yards, 213 fewer than the Huskers averaged. The Longhorns not only limited quarterback Taylor Martinez, the Big 12's leading rusher, to 25 yards on the ground, they forced Nebraska coach Bo Pelini to yank Martinez out of the game late in the third quarter in favor of last season's starter, senior Zac Lee.

"Our first goal is to win the Big 12," Pelini said. "It's still out there for us to go do but we're not going to do that unless we look in the mirror like men and take responsibility for what happened out on the field today and get better because of it. We'll let the fans and everyone else feel sorry for themselves and feel sorry for what happened."

Pelini said that Martinez remains the starter. The redshirt freshman's woes may have been only the beginning of the Huskers' problems. They didn't tackle well. They dropped a couple of touchdown passes. The offense didn't score a touchdown. Nebraska closed within seven points with 3:02 to play only because safety Eric Hagg returned a pooch punt out of field goal formation 95 yards for a score.

"It was a mistake by me to call the pooch at the end of the game," Brown said. "There weren't many ways they could beat us, and that was one of them. We need to go back and have our offensive linemen work more on tackling drills because they didn't tackle very well. We should have pooched it out of bounds if we were going to pooch it."

But the key to this game is that Martinez couldn't run the ball and Texas quarterback Garrett Gilbert could. The thing is, the only way Gilbert could beat Martinez in a 40-yard dash is if Gilbert started 10 yards upfield.

"He looks deceptively fast," Texas safety Blake Gideon teased about his teammate. "I'll give him that. When nobody knows you have the ball and nobody's chasing you, you look pretty fast."

Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis sprung Gilbert with an array of quarterback draws and sprints -- called plays, not zone reads or a result of Gilbert counting how many defenders are in the box. Nebraska plays a lot of man defense, and running quarterbacks are always tough on that scheme.

Gilbert rushed for 51 of his 71 yards in the first quarter, when the Longhorns jumped to that 10-0 lead. And the way that Texas shut down Martinez, it became apparent that Nebraska would have a tough time catching up.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly said earlier this month that young quarterbacks are like tea bags. You don't know what you have until you put them in hot water. Martinez, aka T-Magic, had little magic and, by Kelly's measure, little tea.

The Huskers' offensive ills of last season appeared to be solved by the emergence of Martinez. He came into the game with 737 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns, the latter leading the nation. But Martinez discovered quickly that the Texas defense closed on him faster than anyone who plays for Western Kentucky or Idaho.

"We didn't feel like they had played players, other than maybe Kansas State, like we had," Brown said. "Bo even said in pregame, 'Boy y'all can really run on defense. You're the first team we've seen that can run like that.'

"We also knew it was the same team we played in December, without Taylor Martinez. And we held them to 106 yards. … We did feel like our defense would come in here with a lot of confidence."

It is possible that Texas and Nebraska could stage a rematch in the Big 12 championship game. The Longhorns would have to win out and Oklahoma would have to lose two conference games. But no one can count on that.

"We told the guys this may be the last Texas-Nebraska game in the history of college football," Brown said, "and what an opportunity for you, to remember this the rest of your life that you were there. I did not want them to walk out of here without realizing that they had an opportunity to do something that was really special."

They did it. They did it because they are Texas. And they played Nebraska.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=5694531

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 03:14 PM
Texas is not in the Big Ten.
Yet.....

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 03:25 PM
Do people not realize the advantage$ of Nebra$ka joining the BIG TEN? If not, then yeah... they'll be so dense.

OUthunder
10/17/2010, 03:27 PM
Good riddance. I just hope that we get our chance to prison rape your asses.

Sooner_Tuf
10/17/2010, 06:01 PM
Do people not realize the advantage$ of Nebra$ka joining the BIG TEN? If not, then yeah... they'll be so dense.

I'm not sure what $ you are talking about. Yes the Big 10 TV Contract is huge. But the Huskers cut of the Big XII contract was pretty good as well.

Now after Osborn's tantrum the Huskers have to pay the Big XII 9.5 million dollars and they don't get a full share of Big 10 money either. In fact they don't have a clue what they are going to get because it hasn't been approved. It looks like until the end of the current contract they are going to get about half what the other schools get.

The other schools have not approved ever giving them a full cut. Many people think that Penn State will never agree to give them an equal cut.

boomermagic
10/17/2010, 06:10 PM
I have a feeling that folks in nebbishka will give up farming and probably start raising longwhorn cattle once they are in the Big *.

:D :D :D

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 07:48 PM
Dear Nebraska...

I'm sorry about rooting against you last Saturday....please put an end to what we all know has really gone on way to long.

http://www.spartyandfriends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/oklahoma-state.jpg

It's not so much that they worry us...it's more of the dreamy arrogance we're having to put up with. Please don't choke on the road. However....if you do...I'm gonna laugh like I laughed after tejas thumped you on your own turf. Man....I'm sorry about that....good luck in the Big *.

slh1234
10/17/2010, 08:21 PM
I think it gives everyone a chance at figuring out a better exit strategy for when the conference fails and not making hasty and "under the gun" decisions. You can bet they are all making contingency plans for the inevitable.

An exit at that time would have been no less hasty than the deal that was put together to keep what was left of the Big XII together. I don't see that haste can be an excuse for staying or going.

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 08:53 PM
An exit at that time would have been no less hasty than the deal that was put together to keep what was left of the Big XII together. I don't see that haste can be an excuse for staying or going.
I'm just saying there will be under the table discussions for the next few years as everyone tries to find an optimum landing spot. The conference discussion this year seemed to snowball pretty quickly to the point where things seemed hastily put together. I don't think any of the teams are going to sit idly by and wait for the fallout.

jadubya
10/17/2010, 09:24 PM
My .02 cents on the Nebraska move/classy fan myth etc:

1. I have no problem with any team looking to make the best deal for themselves financially. Nebraska thought they could get that with the Big 10.....so they made the move. HOWEVER, just be honest about it. Quit trying to talk about "fit" and all the rest of the crap they throw out there.

2. The crying from all these butthurt husker fans about the influence of Texas AND the Big 12 South is ludicrous. Reality check, kids.....you have been irrelevant in this conference...up until last year....since 1997. Wanna know why OU/Tech/Osu/UT get all the money and TV appearances? Check the win/loss column and the style of football that they play. Nobody wants to watch you play crappy 4 yards and a pile of dust against crappy teams. Get over yourself.

3. Nebraska doesn't have "bad" fans. They have fans just like everybody else.....some @$$holes and some cool folks. This "myth" about the "classiest fans in sports" is garbage. Oh yeah...they clap when they are drilling some high school team OR when they are getting cornholed by much better competition....but the moment things get close.....look out. Who gives a crap about the number of sell outs they have.....what the heck else is their to do in Nebraska?

4. Classy fan myth, pt II: The amazing amount of butthurt and b*tching they gave to the myth of getting jobbed by 1 second last year against UT in the Big 12 title game. Are you people that friggin' retarded? Constant conspiracy theory garbage about Texas paying off refs. Grow up.

5. Classy fan myth, pt III: I was at the OU/NU abortion in Lincoln last year. I have NEVER heard more bitching about referee calls in my life. I was embarassed for them nearly as much as I was embarassed for OUr performance on the field. Apparently the only passes they can catch are those thrown by Landry Jones.

I hope that they get beat by Mizzou and OSU....and somehow make it to the Big 12 title game....where we can drill the living crap out of them to send them packing to their new conference with 4 losses in the "weak" Big 12.

Screw them...and their fans.

dvdcrr
10/17/2010, 11:17 PM
Coming straight from a lifelong Husker from the Sandhills here it is straight up. For the last decade our program (the winningest program of the last 50 years) has sucked at times and at best been incomplete. We have at times lacked talent and at other times lacked the coaching. This is some frustrating stuff for a kid born and raised on 9 win seasons. The current situation is that we have an excellent defensive coaching staff and some pretty good (almost great) defensive players that are slightly underachieving right now. Sacks and takeaways are lacking in the big games (like Texas) WE MISS SUH! Offensively though is where the real problem lies. And it lies in the line coaching. That offensive line does not go out there with the @ss kicking , "we are the best in the country and your gonna find out why" attitude, and it showed on Saturday. Texas was getting too many men to the play, men that could have been blocked if we had known who to block and when, but we didn't. Our receivers needed to catch the damn ball. And we still outscored em in the second half. I don't know if we are gonna run into a buzz saw in Stillwater or how we will do against Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship (assuming we still have Mizzou's number) But I do know this: that damn offense better suck it up and play like Huskers because a decade is too long. Also Nebraskan's find it hard to hate Texas. Their bravado is a little much (we have some damn tough cowboys in the Sandhills too,) but bottom line is Mack is a good guy. Also Nebraskans respect Stoops and what the current Oklahoma program stands for. Maybe doubted a little until OK won the last bowl game. YOU DONT HUCK WITH THE FUSKERS!!

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 11:24 PM
Yawn...

I think I watched the game.

Good thing the whorns let up on em. :D

Camomaha
10/18/2010, 01:12 AM
As a lifelong nebraska resident and fan I have to agree with some of you in that I feel like we are running away. I know the money and other bs seems better elsewhere along with a feeling the big 12 won't be around very long with or without us. I still feel a kinship with other big 12 teams even * in that I root for all big 12 teams in bowls and against other conferences. Yes it sucks to be *'s bitch but given time I am sure we would figure out how to beat them someday as we did OU. I hate leaving espcially like this but that is not up to me. Best of luck the rest of the way sooners, beat Mizzou.

BOOMER!

MFingMizzou
10/18/2010, 03:58 AM
My .02 cents on the Nebraska move/classy fan myth etc:

1. I have no problem with any team looking to make the best deal for themselves financially. Nebraska thought they could get that with the Big 10.....so they made the move. HOWEVER, just be honest about it. Quit trying to talk about "fit" and all the rest of the crap they throw out there.

2. The crying from all these butthurt husker fans about the influence of Texas AND the Big 12 South is ludicrous. Reality check, kids.....you have been irrelevant in this conference...up until last year....since 1997. Wanna know why OU/Tech/Osu/UT get all the money and TV appearances? Check the win/loss column and the style of football that they play. Nobody wants to watch you play crappy 4 yards and a pile of dust against crappy teams. Get over yourself.

3. Nebraska doesn't have "bad" fans. They have fans just like everybody else.....some @$$holes and some cool folks. This "myth" about the "classiest fans in sports" is garbage. Oh yeah...they clap when they are drilling some high school team OR when they are getting cornholed by much better competition....but the moment things get close.....look out. Who gives a crap about the number of sell outs they have.....what the heck else is their to do in Nebraska?

4. Classy fan myth, pt II: The amazing amount of butthurt and b*tching they gave to the myth of getting jobbed by 1 second last year against UT in the Big 12 title game. Are you people that friggin' retarded? Constant conspiracy theory garbage about Texas paying off refs. Grow up.

5. Classy fan myth, pt III: I was at the OU/NU abortion in Lincoln last year. I have NEVER heard more bitching about referee calls in my life. I was embarassed for them nearly as much as I was embarassed for OUr performance on the field. Apparently the only passes they can catch are those thrown by Landry Jones.

I hope that they get beat by Mizzou and OSU....and somehow make it to the Big 12 title game....where we can drill the living crap out of them to send them packing to their new conference with 4 losses in the "weak" Big 12.

Screw them...and their fans.

WELL PUT

MFingMizzou
10/18/2010, 04:02 AM
As a lifelong nebraska resident and fan I have to agree with some of you in that I feel like we are running away. I know the money and other bs seems better elsewhere along with a feeling the big 12 won't be around very long with or without us. I still feel a kinship with other big 12 teams even * in that I root for all big 12 teams in bowls and against other conferences. Yes it sucks to be *'s bitch but given time I am sure we would figure out how to beat them someday as we did OU. I hate leaving espcially like this but that is not up to me. Best of luck the rest of the way sooners, beat Mizzou.

BOOMER!

LOL. OU is a joke but, the only way you figured out how to beat OU is to attack when they sucked. Nebrasky is the only team that can trump OU/Tx in arrogance.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 04:03 AM
Hey dummy: If Nebraska loses to you guys AND OSU and still wins the North that means your misery team will have lost 4 conference games since nebbish would have 3 losses.

so yeah...WELL PUT.

Sooner_Havok
10/18/2010, 09:10 AM
I ask this cause I am split myself. I understand the lure of aligning yourself with better academic institutions, hell that is why I wanted OU in the PAC-10. No offense to anyone, but if you had to pick what schools yours was associated with, who here would honestly pick TTech, O-State, and K-State when you could have Stanford, Cal, USC, UCLA, Northwestern, Michigan, and Penn State?

But half of me thinks "Nebraska just got tired of * calling the shots, and whooping them on the field."

* seems to have gone out of its way to troll Nebraska. CCG in Kansas City? Nooooooo. Headquarters in Kansas City? Noooo. Move everything to *!

Clever Trevor
10/18/2010, 09:14 AM
This thread = fail

slh1234
10/18/2010, 09:44 AM
This thread = fail

When you can't win with your embarassingly weak smack, just declare that you did and move on, right? Gotta love that technique.

Football Jim
10/18/2010, 12:45 PM
Omaha World Herald quit printing stories about Big XII teams and only does Big 10. Nebbish stadium has removed all references of the Big XII I have been told.
Whine Beotch and moan......Good riddance, go away already!

SoonerPride
10/18/2010, 01:05 PM
They ran away from * and OU.

Scared little rabbits afraid of big mean teams that they used to be able to beat.

dvdcrr
10/18/2010, 09:54 PM
Screw the Big 12. Any team who stays I say this: have fun in Texas's conference, until they decide to drop your *** like a bad habit and bolt with their millions! I actually hope they join the Big 10 and don't think its out of the question. That lazy *** Big 12 commissioner, my question is this: if they cared about having Neb in the conference where was that new money six months ago? Sitting on his *** in Texas, he didn't give a damn about Nebraska. Tom O. is a man of action. We don't bitch, we pack up and go to greener pastures. Kind of like a dude in a relationship that finally realizes he's with a loser bitch that's draining his existence so he takes his dignity, heads across town to that nice quiet blonde from the rich family that treats him nice. No damn difference at all as far as I can tell.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 10:03 PM
Except that the nice looking rich blonde doesnt want to be seen with you in public.

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 10:25 PM
It's fun to slam Nebraska and begin to make stories up. Let's face it, the Big 12 looked like it was crumbling and Nebraska did what any smart school would do -- looked out for themselves. I wish them well, and hope they win many Big 10 titles. We had something special for 50 years, I was sad to see it end.

jadubya
10/18/2010, 10:52 PM
Screw the Big 12. Any team who stays I say this: have fun in Texas's conference, until they decide to drop your *** like a bad habit and bolt with their millions! I actually hope they join the Big 10 and don't think its out of the question. That lazy *** Big 12 commissioner, my question is this: if they cared about having Neb in the conference where was that new money six months ago? Sitting on his *** in Texas, he didn't give a damn about Nebraska. Tom O. is a man of action. ALL We do is bitch, THEN we pack up and go to greener pastures. Kind of like a dude in a relationship that finally realizes he's with a loser bitch that's draining his existence so he takes his dignity, heads across town to that nice quiet blonde from the rich family that treats him nice. No damn difference at all as far as I can tell.

There...fixed it for you. Whining is a Husker specialty....Big red...as in red @$$ about every single friggin call and revenue sharing plan.

Exactly WHY....would the conference need to pay more money for a Husker team that hasn't been worth a crap since 1997? Face it...you got a better deal with more money in the Big 10....you took it. Good for you.

That choice was made exponentially easier for you by the FACT that you have been getting your @$$ handed to you by the Big 12 South for a decade.

Enjoy the Big 10 and the $$.....keep selling out your stadium.....keep travelling well to road games.....and get ready for alot of 4 loss seasons.

This won't be Texas league as long as we are around....unlike you...we tend to beat them with some regularity.

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 10:56 PM
When did Nebraska become such a big bunch of pussies. They're starting to become Notre Dame like in my eyes. I hope they lose every game they play from here on out.

jadubya
10/18/2010, 10:57 PM
I ask this cause I am split myself. I understand the lure of aligning yourself with better academic institutions, hell that is why I wanted OU in the PAC-10. No offense to anyone, but if you had to pick what schools yours was associated with, who here would honestly pick TTech, O-State, and K-State when you could have Stanford, Cal, USC, UCLA, Northwestern, Michigan, and Penn State?

But half of me thinks "Nebraska just got tired of * calling the shots, and whooping them on the field."

* seems to have gone out of its way to troll Nebraska. CCG in Kansas City? Nooooooo. Headquarters in Kansas City? Noooo. Move everything to *!

Nebraska is not looking to align itself with stronger academic institutions! Saint Dr. Tom was a holdout when the Big 12 was formed regarding partial qualifiers in the conference. He is still butt hurt about it....and one of the reasons he wanted to take his ball someplace else.

Texas gets to call shots because Texas makes the friggin money. Welcome to life. OU gets more money because we win more games and put a better product on the field.

For the record, I would have loved for us to be in the Pac 10. However to think that Nebraska made to the move for any other reason than $$ and bruised pride.....is hogwash.

King Barry's Back
10/18/2010, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure what $ you are talking about. Yes the Big 10 TV Contract is huge. But the Huskers cut of the Big XII contract was pretty good as well.

Now after Osborn's tantrum the Huskers have to pay the Big XII 9.5 million dollars and they don't get a full share of Big 10 money either. In fact they don't have a clue what they are going to get because it hasn't been approved. It looks like until the end of the current contract they are going to get about half what the other schools get.

The other schools have not approved ever giving them a full cut. Many people think that Penn State will never agree to give them an equal cut.

WOW! Hadn't heard that one. THe exit fee for leaving the Big XII is irrelevant in the long-run, it's a one time payment.

But if Nebbish winds up getting a 50% cut for the next two decades -- even after the Big XII has negotiated new contracts -- they will have screwed themselves royally.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 11:08 PM
Their probably just speculating that the price of corn will go up and they won't need the Big XII or the Big ten's money.