PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

JRAM
10/16/2010, 11:07 PM
Like I stated this past week, we all need to support Texass this week and I see that you did. They beat the big 10 cornholers at their place and that, my friends, makes us look pretty good. There were some braindeads that didn't agree with me but I think they now see the error of their ways.

agoo758
10/16/2010, 11:08 PM
So your logic is that we were wrong about pulling for Nebraska because they lost? :confused:

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:09 PM
No...I'm pretty sure they are still brain dead.

delhalew
10/16/2010, 11:09 PM
Good lawd! You are a tool.

tommieharris91
10/16/2010, 11:10 PM
Yea, you're pretty much a dumbass.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:13 PM
So your logic is that we were wrong about pulling for Nebraska because they lost? :confused:

Not IMO. You were wrong because NU hadn't played anyone yet and they were on the same trailride that the pokies are on. Eventually they like NU will come across the train-crossing that doesn't have flashing lights or Striped Warning Arms. NU got stampeded by a team of over medicated Steers and the pokies are due to experience the same type experience / Trainwreck soon.

agoo758
10/16/2010, 11:28 PM
Not IMO. You were wrong because NU hadn't played anyone yet and they were on the same trailride that the pokies are on. Eventually they like NU will come across the train-crossing that doesn't have flashing lights or Striped Warning Arms. NU got stampeded by a team of over medicated Steers and the pokies are due to experience the same type experience / Trainwreck soon.

Maybe so, but from what I saw earlier than the season Texas didn't look much better than Washington or K-State, and Nebraska probably would have won minus the dropped passes.

Cornfed
10/16/2010, 11:31 PM
I rooted exclusively for Nebraska to lose and Texas to "not win"

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:33 PM
I rooted for tejas to win by 1 point

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 11:39 PM
I rooted for my beer to taste great and it did! I went with an untested English bitter instead of a proven brew. But my gamble paid off - Woo-Hoo!!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/17/2010, 01:49 AM
I had lunch during the first half while watching the game and figured whatever happened would benefit OU. And it did.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:29 AM
Maybe so, but from what I saw earlier than the season Texas didn't look much better than Washington or K-State, and Nebraska probably would have won minus the dropped passes.

True enough, but unfortunately catching the pass is part of the game and NU seemed to think they were playing soccer.

No hands.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2010, 02:33 AM
The corncobs dropped 8 PASSES...WTF!It's amazing they ended up within 7 pts.

westbrooke
10/17/2010, 09:41 AM

This is still an argument that presupposes knowledge of the game's outcome. If Texas had continued to play like dog**** and Nebraska had continued to play like the #5 team in the nation, then we'd have a really strong test waiting for us in the CCG to hold off any arguments about teams jumping us in the rankings. In a vacuum, I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to root for.

As it stands, the best we can hope for now is to either beat a hobbled Nebraska or beat Missouri again. Neither victory will be impressive. Of course, if we do open at #1 in tonight's BCS rankings, it may not matter. Take care of business and we're in, results of yesterday's game in Lincoln be damned.

Clever Trevor
10/17/2010, 09:47 AM
I'm not even sure what this tarded thread is about.

stoopified
10/17/2010, 09:55 AM
This is still an argument that presupposes knowledge of the game's outcome. If Texas had continued to play like dog**** and Nebraska had continued to play like the #5 team in the nation, then we'd have a really strong test waiting for us in the CCG to hold off any arguments about teams jumping us in the rankings. In a vacuum, I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to root for.

As it stands, the best we can hope for now is to either beat a hobbled Nebraska or beat Missouri again. Neither victory will be impressive. Of course, if we do open at #1 in tonight's BCS rankings, it may not matter. Take care of business and we're in, results of yesterday's game in Lincoln be damned.If the Tigers win out after we give them a beatdown this week,it will still be a strong win over a 1loss team.This way we also get a BCS boost from UT beating Corn U.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:59 AM
I'm not even sure what this tarded thread is about.

It's some football ****...nothing that would interest you. Probably best to go wake up that dude you picked up at the bar and tell him it was just secs and that you didn't expect he'd want to move in and start a long term relationship.

FaninAma
10/17/2010, 10:04 AM
The corncobs dropped 8 PASSES...WTF!It's amazing they ended up within 7 pts.

This.

It is a testament to the suckage that is Texas' offense
that the game was still in question in the 4th quarter.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:07 AM
I'm betting this guy is preparing another video for us. :D

pgKT25J6hd8

westbrooke
10/17/2010, 11:06 AM
If the Tigers win out after we give them a beatdown this week,it will still be a strong win over a 1loss team.

I don't think anyone outside of Oklahoma would see it that way (Was anyone all that impressed when we beat Missouri in 07 when they were #1? I may be wrong, but I recall the reaction being "Eh, we've seen that trick already this year").

I'm pleased, however, in believing that it's not going to matter one way or the other. It appears that we'll have our destiny in our own hands.

sooneron
10/17/2010, 11:14 AM
It's some football ****...nothing that would interest you. Probably best to go wake up that dude you picked up at the bar and tell him it was just secs and that you didn't expect he'd want to move in and start a long term relationship.

lolz

SoonerMarkVA
10/17/2010, 11:17 AM
Perception-wise, short term, ut winning gave OU a boost. If we're BCS #1, that will be a big reason why.

Long term, a season-ending showdown with unbeaten bugeaters would have been better for OU. The computer polls will be kind to us in the end with either result, very likely #1. The human polls would be far more influenced by the bugeater showdown in December than the indirect consequence of October's ut/NU game.

sooneron
10/17/2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, this was good for the short term. If we drop a game before the big 12 title game and there are a lot of one loss teams, it hurts us.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 12:04 PM
If we drop a game, we're most likely hosed for the BCS title matchup regardless. Anything can happen, but i think 'Bama is the only team that can make the title game with 1 loss unless there are some really unusual upsets going on. On the flip side, if we win out we are >99% likely to be in regardless of what our past opponents do.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 12:11 PM
WIN OUT ! ! !

That's all we got left in the tank IMO.

WE could drop one conference game and still be in the hunt for being the Big XII South representative but I'd hate going through all that again. Our Sooners have gotten by all the Games I thought were potential losses this year. The rest will be gunning for us...and I'd say O-State would be really gunning for us but I don't believe anyone really thinks they'll still be undefeated come 11/27/10.

OUmillenium
10/17/2010, 12:38 PM
I rooted for both teams to look like crap and they fulfilled my wish. UTerus less crappy than Nebbish

SoonerMarkVA
10/17/2010, 03:05 PM
WIN OUT ! ! !

That's all we got left in the tank IMO.

WE could drop one conference game and still be in the hunt for being the Big XII South representative but I'd hate going through all that again. Our Sooners have gotten by all the Games I thought were potential losses this year. The rest will be gunning for us...and I'd say O-State would be really gunning for us but I don't believe anyone really thinks they'll still be undefeated come 11/27/10.

Yeah, that seems really, really unlikely, but I hope that's what happens. When OU meets osu and they're in the national discussion, we destroy them. I really think, when they poke choke their way into our game--well, come on, our guys are human. Pokes are pretty hard to take seriously. :P

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2010, 03:11 PM
The fact that ANY of you would pull for texass to do anything but shine your gobbler or fail in an explosion of raging sucktitude makes me sick.

http://bigsblog.blogspot.com/images/ermey.jpg

Maybe we could drive on over to Namby-Pamby land and find you some Mack Brown herpes, you jackwagon.

silverwheels
10/17/2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 03:29 PM
The fact that ANY of you would pull for texass to do anything but shine your gobbler or fail in an explosion of raging sucktitude makes me sick.

http://bigsblog.blogspot.com/images/ermey.jpg

Maybe we could drive on over to Namby-Pamby land and find you some Mack Brown herpes, you jackwagon.

Anyone who believes that everyone should conform to what the group-think lemmings are doing is a group-think lemming.

Soonermagik
10/17/2010, 03:30 PM
You're amazing.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2010, 03:56 PM
GROUP THINK LEMMINGS!

F*&# YEAH!

JRAM
10/17/2010, 05:03 PM
Tulsa Fireman is living proof that not all nuts grow on trees. BOOMER.