PDA

View Full Version : OU is not THAT good

MR2-Sooner86
10/16/2010, 09:48 PM
I hate to be a downer after a so so win but I know when a team has "it" and this Sooner squad just doesn't make the cut.

We still suck in the 4th quarter. We only scored one TD in the 4th against Iowa State. This is nothing more than evidence of Kevin Wilson with his vanilla 'play not to lose' offense. We had more chances to score too. The thing is these running backs, like Finch, which everybody is slobbing their knob over, are not that good. I mean if they were good, they would have made the TD instead of trying to put on a dog and pony show as they attempted to do a little dance into the endzone. Frankly I'm glad they got planted on their *** and brought back to reality. Oh yeah, Iowa State had no fumbles yet our offense lost the ball tonight. We had more fumbles than Iowa State!

DeMarco Murray, the only reason he beat the record is because he gets all of his TDs gift wrapped to him. When was the last time he ran a nice 50 yard TD run? Yeah, the show off freshmen looked better than him.

Landry Jones, is still a very average QB and frankly he has hit the limits of where his "talent" will take him. He didn't even hit 90% tonight yet he has the balls to say, "I was pretty accurate tonight." THAT IS BULL****! If you were accurate you'd hit all your passes and have more than three TD passes you dumbass. Hell, Drew Allen was able to get a TD and he ran that one in. When was the last time you tucked the ball and ran it in Landry? Yeah, exactly what I thought.

Ryan Broyles, he is still no Mark Clayton and never will be. I mean he was one of the reasons Landry Jones sucked it up so much. Yeah, he can catch the ball, sometimes, but what does he do afterwards? He can't run and has no moves and just falls on the ball because he's afraid to take a hit.

As for our defense, still a merry-go-round, missed assignment, titty bump tackling, joke that is being fielded. Yeah, they got a shutout tonight, finally. How many chances did Iowa State have at fieldgoals? One too many that's for sure. If you let Iowa State get almost 200 yards of offense against you, then you suck.

Also, how about that kicker? He can't even make it into the endzone unless he has a 50 mph wind behind him. I bet if he tried to hang himself he'd miss the chair.

It all comes down to coaching though which we've lost. We got an offensive coordinator who goes into a shell whenever possible, a defensive coordinator who can't hide a blitz package to save his life, and our head coach has lost the edge since his brother left.

I hate to break it to you guys but we'll probably lose to Missouri and drop another game or two, AT LEAST. We just don't have it this year, or next, until we get better players and get this entire coaching staff into shape and that includes a few terminations.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 09:50 PM
I knew it....we're doomed.

CBUS_SOONER
10/16/2010, 09:52 PM
Sh!t my buzz is now a headache

agoo758

picasso
I hope that was tongue in cheek, otherwise you need to get a life.

tanjou
10/16/2010, 09:53 PM
An expert troll.

BigDeezy
someone is off their meds.

picasso
I take that back, I read more of it.

He made a funny.

Partial Qualifier
I hope that was tongue in cheek, otherwise you need to get a life.

I think you've been spending too much time at ouinsider ;)

I give it 4 stars; woulda been 5 had you not forgotten to rail on our punting & punt coverage "woes"

ThinMan
10/16/2010, 09:54 PM
Love me some sarcasm.

soonercastor
10/16/2010, 09:55 PM
yeah we're ****ed :(

agoo758
Uh oh...... I may have posted too early... :O

SicEmBaylor
I hate to be a downer after a so so win but I know when a team has "it" and this Sooner squad just doesn't make the cut.

We still suck in the 4th quarter. We only scored one TD in the 4th against Iowa State. This is nothing more than evidence of Kevin Wilson with his vanilla 'play not to lose' offense. We had more chances to score too. The thing is these running backs, like Finch, which everybody is slobbing their knob over, are not that good. I mean if they were good, they would have made the TD instead of trying to put on a dog and pony show as they attempted to do a little dance into the endzone. Frankly I'm glad they got planted on their *** and brought back to reality. Oh yeah, Iowa State had no fumbles yet our offense lost the ball tonight. We had more fumbles than Iowa State!

DeMarco Murray, the only reason he beat the record is because he gets all of his TDs gift wrapped to him. When was the last time he ran a nice 50 yard TD run? Yeah, the show off freshmen looked better than him.

Landry Jones, is still a very average QB and frankly he has hit the limits of where his "talent" will take him. He didn't even hit 90% tonight yet he has the balls to say, "I was pretty accurate tonight." THAT IS BULL****! If you were accurate you'd hit all your passes and have more than three TD passes you dumbass. Hell, Drew Allen was able to get a TD and he ran that one in. When was the last time you tucked the ball and ran it in Landry? Yeah, exactly what I thought.

Ryan Broyles, he is still no Mark Clayton and never will be. I mean he was one of the reasons Landry Jones sucked it up so much. Yeah, he can catch the ball, sometimes, but what does he do afterwards? He can't run and has no moves and just falls on the ball because he's afraid to take a hit.

As for our defense, still a merry-go-round, missed assignment, titty bump tackling, joke that is being fielded. Yeah, they got a shutout tonight, finally. How many chances did Iowa State have at fieldgoals? One too many that's for sure. If you let Iowa State get almost 200 yards of offense against you, then you suck.

Also, how about that kicker? He can't even make it into the endzone unless he has a 50 mph wind behind him. I bet if he tried to hang himself he'd miss the chair.

It all comes down to coaching though which we've lost. We got an offensive coordinator who goes into a shell whenever possible, a defensive coordinator who can't hide a blitz package to save his life, and our head coach has lost the edge since his brother left.

I hate to break it to you guys but we'll probably lose to Missouri and drop another game or two, AT LEAST. We just don't have it this year, or next, until we get better players and get this entire coaching staff into shape and that includes a few terminations.

We will drink your milkshake. Drink. It. Up.

StoopTroup
I h8 cats.

picasso
10/16/2010, 09:56 PM
I think you've been spending too much time at ouinsider ;)

I give it 4 stars; woulda been 5 had you not forgotten to rail on our punting & punt coverage "woes"

:D

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 09:58 PM
**** it....5 starz.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 09:58 PM
I admire the tenacity - I'll try to bait a few folks but I run out of steam after a couple of sentences. I'm not worthy.

tcrb
10/16/2010, 09:59 PM
Love me some sarcasm.

Yes, it truly is an art that not everyone can appreciate. ;)

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:01 PM
If we had played the hammer more in the earlier games he would already be on the mend.

picasso
10/16/2010, 10:01 PM
I have trouble reading posts longer than 2 sentences.:D

oumartin
10/16/2010, 10:02 PM
and I thought I was the only one that felt this way.... ;)

whoever has this troll handle sure spent alot of time typing that up.. You do your job well sir

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:02 PM

I have money that not one of you have read his entire post yet....lol

Partial Qualifier
10/16/2010, 10:03 PM
3rd-person self-deprecation? 'We have fans who'd post this while being serious. . .

picasso
I have money that not one of you have read his entire post yet....lol

Count me in. I'm going on about 20 hrs sleep this past week.

Partial Qualifier

I thought you were making an OUI funny

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:04 PM
All the material can be found in tonight's Game Thread. Lots of practicing has been going on.

BTW...We're doomed.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/16/2010, 10:06 PM
You couldn't at least wait until tomorrow to start the "we are doomed" thread?

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 10:08 PM

You read others peoples' posts? Maybe I'll try that...

ousooners182
10/16/2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/back-in-the-days-trolling-meant-something.jpg

GKeeper316
10/16/2010, 10:11 PM
dear god we suck... no way we go undefeated. i mean, 52-0? that shoulda been what it was going into the half.

its sad really. so much talent to underachieve the way we have this year.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/16/2010, 10:12 PM
un
def
eat
ed

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:25 PM
You couldn't at least wait until tomorrow to start the "we are doomed" thread?

That started earlier in the day. I mean it really hasn't stopped since the AF game. Everybody saw what happened at the end of that one....it's just a matter of time. We can't keep up this level of mediocrity forever.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/16/2010, 10:28 PM
That started earlier in the day. I mean it really hasn't stopped since the AF game. Everybody saw what happened at the end of that one....it's just a matter of time. We can't keep up this level of mediocrity forever.

Maybe he is just using my gameplan on women. Keep your expectations low and you are rarely disappointed.

stoopified
10/16/2010, 10:29 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Boomer!!
10/16/2010, 10:30 PM
Are you f****** stupid? You do realize we played BACKUPS in the 4th and toned it down. What an idiot....

This has to be the stupidest post I have ever seen

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/16/2010, 10:33 PM
Great job in breaking down every players weakness. Last time I checked this wasn't game of individuals. Every player has weaknesses. The great thing about OU is that the coaches create great TEAMS. And last time I checked, this is another GREAT TEAM

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 10:35 PM
^short attention spans. Or reverse sarcasm, maybe? Genius!! :)

VA Sooner
10/16/2010, 10:37 PM
Four incompletions today by Landry... he should be ashamed of himself. Only 30 for 34 and not quite 400 yards. Worthless.

Broyles with less than 200 yards and a TD.

DeMarco only edging Steve Owen's record for career TDs by only one TD... slacker.

Roy Finch with just under 100 yards in his first game as a true freshman. He's going to have a tough four years (more likely 3).

Defense giving Iowa State nearly 200 yards of offense in one game... definitely hurt our stats this week.

We are indeed doomed....

GottaHavePride
10/16/2010, 10:39 PM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/6515/original/jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

oumartin
10/16/2010, 10:45 PM
did we improve on our 97 ranking in Defense?

finster
10/16/2010, 10:52 PM
When I figure how to spell laundry and this intranet,I will be singin like a fresh corn pone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnDT7YWTWmo

tooslow
10/16/2010, 11:16 PM
Nice work! Waaaaay too funny. :D

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:22 PM
Great job in breaking down every players weakness. Last time I checked this wasn't game of individuals. Every player has weaknesses. The great thing about OU is that the coaches create great TEAMS. And last time I checked, this is another GREAT TEAM

When this streak comes apart.....it's gonna be all your fault. Shameful!

Cornfed
10/16/2010, 11:22 PM
I was surprised we even scored in the 4th quarter after that horrible lack of attention we had in the third.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:23 PM
I think we really had the starters out there they just changed jerseys with the backups

MR2-Sooner86
10/16/2010, 11:57 PM
:pop:

Wishboned
10/17/2010, 12:14 AM
Once again the defense failed to stop anyone. Iowa State had 192 yards of total offense. There's no minus sign on that stat. That was all positive yards. Does Brent Venables use a Magic 8 Ball to plan his defensive strategy?

And where the hell was the special teams? We had 0 yards on kick returns tonight. 0. None. That's just insane.

If it wouldn't have been for the Cyclone's kicker missing a couple of close field games, then this game would have been a squeaker.

GKeeper316
10/17/2010, 12:17 AM
Four incompletions today by Landry... he should be ashamed of himself. Only 30 for 34 and not quite 400 yards. Worthless.

Broyles with less than 200 yards and a TD.

DeMarco only edging Steve Owen's record for career TDs by only one TD... slacker.

Roy Finch with just under 100 yards in his first game as a true freshman. He's going to have a tough four years (more likely 3).

Defense giving Iowa State nearly 200 yards of offense in one game... definitely hurt our stats this week.

We are indeed doomed....

i know, right?

the writing's on the wall, people. doomed.

TMcGee86
10/17/2010, 12:28 AM
He didn't even hit 90% tonight yet he has the balls to say, "I was pretty accurate tonight." THAT IS BULL****! If you were accurate you'd hit all your passes and have more than three TD passes you dumbass.

Gold Jerry. GOLD!!!!

CrimsonRez
10/17/2010, 12:29 AM
Ya...Sam didn't deserve his heisman either, a REAL heisman winner would have had more rush td's..piece of ****

GKeeper316
10/17/2010, 12:51 AM
Ya...Sam didn't deserve his heisman either, a REAL heisman winner would have had more rush td's..piece of ****

why you gotta talk **** about sam?

CrimsonRez
10/17/2010, 01:24 AM
why you gotta talk **** about sam?

joke man chill :rolleyes:

wolfeco24
10/17/2010, 01:27 AM
They could have scored at will. Were gonna be alright!

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:48 AM

I have trouble with sentences over 2 words. I don't even understand what I'm typing now.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:51 AM
Count me in. I'm going on about 20 hrs sleep this past week.

I've been awake and drinking since Friday night at 5:30...Actually didn't start drinking until 7:30, but still...That's like 300 hours of drinking right? I ain't too goodly at the cypherin'. :P

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:52 AM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/back-in-the-days-trolling-meant-something.jpg

That's HAWT!

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 02:57 AM
Landry sucks so hard he actually threw ONE pass behind the receiver by about a tenth of a second. We may as well move a TE to QB too.

3rdgensooner
10/17/2010, 09:36 AM
TL;DR

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:52 AM
i know, right?

the writing's on the wall, people. doomed.

We're so doomed that Sam will probably retire as an NFL Rookie and give his undeserved Heisman Trophy to Reggie Bush.

FaninAma
10/17/2010, 09:58 AM
I would have waited until after the Mizzou game
to rub the "whiners' " noses in it.

Just sayin'.

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2010, 11:47 AM
:pop:

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2010, 12:03 PM
Although it is really fun to show the "doom and gloom" crowd on here how ****ing stupid they look when they post the **** they do...I'm thinking for an encore I'm going to do one aimed at the sunshine pumpers.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 12:05 PM
tIdIqbv7SPo