PDA

View Full Version : The Stoops Challenge

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 08:23 PM
Great story tonight during the game about how he met with some kids Pre-Game and gave them Carte Blanche of the facilities. My son and I got to do and see a lot during Fan Day this year so I can relate to just how cool it must be for the kids today to meet Bob, wear his rings and tour the Sooner Facilities.

Bob is challenging the other Coaches out there to do exactly the same thing for these very special kids.

Great Guy....Great Idea....

I hope it catches on everywhere...

WTG BOB!

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

soonerbub
10/16/2010, 08:34 PM
That's awesome
I heart bob

BajaOklahoma
10/16/2010, 10:53 PM
The neatest part is that he goes to the hospital every week (or twice a week) to see the kids. He knows their names and their stories. He cares.
Bringing them to the game was neat, but knowing they are important to him is even better.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:59 PM
My Daughter had a 6 hour kidney Surgery at Children's Hospital in OKC around Christmas one year. Everything went great and we were treat fantastic. They had all of us go downstairs to a room where they had a big Christmas Tree and our Daughter got to pick out a gift for herself and her Mom, Dad and Little Brother. I still have the cordless Dremel she picked out for me. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I run across it in my Tools.

They all talked about how cool Bob was and how he'd come up and spend time with the kiddies.

Great place. Great People. The Daughter's Kidney is fantastic....it's been 6 years now since the surgery. I'll never forget how well she and us were taken care of.

ouduckhunter
10/16/2010, 11:01 PM
It was a great segment, and I loved seeing those happy kids having a great time!! Bob is a good man!!

Blue
10/16/2010, 11:05 PM
Best Damn Coach in the Land. lets get him some more titles!