PDA

View Full Version : Jon Cooper

SanJoaquinSooner
10/16/2010, 10:13 AM
Vikings C Jon Cooper, who could be making his first career start, vs. Dallas NT Jay Ratliff, who had six sacks last season. This could be a matchup nightmare for the Vikings if John Sullivan remains out because of a calf injury. Ratliff had six sacks last season, and in the Cowboys' 3-4 defensive scheme, he will be nose up on Cooper. Cooper replaced Ryan Cook in the second half of Monday night's game against the Jets after Cook had some issues in what was his first career start at center.

It may be coincidence, but the VIkings offense was horrible last Monday against the Jets until they inserted Cooper at center. Then they started clicking.

VA Sooner
10/16/2010, 12:47 PM
I'd like to see Cooper get his playing time... he worked hard for us for years. Undersized or not... I think he's a hell of a player, especially at center. Just look at the debacle at places where they have to break in a new center... underappreciated role.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see Cooper get his playing time... he worked hard for us for years. Undersized or not... I think he's a hell of a player, especially at center. Just look at the debacle at places where they have to break in a new center... underappreciated role.

I met him after the Cowboys Game in Stoolwater when Sam did his Windmill. I couldn't believe how he could do all the amazing stuff he did given his size. Great guy. I wish him well.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/16/2010, 01:26 PM
Ponder has thrown that THREE times now.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 01:30 PM
Ponder has thrown that THREE times now.

Nice post....LMAO!

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 01:31 PM
3 more TD's and TAMU is right back in the thick of things X-Gerl. :D