PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy scheduled to start...

StoopTroup
10/15/2010, 04:46 PM
This Sunday....Colt will make his first NFL start for the Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh.

How many quarters will he play in? :D

deweydw
10/15/2010, 05:44 PM
If he doesn't get injured from all the sacks. He'll play all four.

CrimsonJim
10/15/2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, he picked a bad week to start. That Steeler D is gonna give him fits.

jumperstop
10/15/2010, 05:58 PM
Four, a better poll would have been how many interceptions does he throw?

OU-HSV
10/15/2010, 06:01 PM

Agreed...it's not like they have much of a QB option since Seneca and Delhome are both injured, after all that's the only reason he's getting the start.
So I say he plays the whole game, mostly because they have no other choice right now. From everything I've read and heard, they really didn't want to have to put Colt in there this soon in his career.

goingoneight
10/15/2010, 06:47 PM
It's okay everybody... :mack: says if Colt's in there, everything is gonna be alright.

Blue
10/15/2010, 06:58 PM
He seems like a good guy. I hope he has some sucess.

swardboy
10/15/2010, 07:03 PM
Hopefully one....Don't you know Pittsburgh is going to throw the house at him early and often?!!!!

TUSooner
10/15/2010, 08:49 PM
Did you mean, "How long will he survive?"
I hope he plays all four, and good luck to him!

tcrb
10/15/2010, 09:29 PM
Dont you know the Steeler's D is lickin' their chops looking at a rookie QB in his first start? Colt better lace up his shoes real tight.

Sooner_Tuf
10/15/2010, 09:33 PM
Colt's a competitor, he will play to the death. So maybe two series?

I don't know I wish the guy well but it is not a good situation for any rookie QB.

sooner59
10/16/2010, 12:42 AM
I have the Steelers' defense for FFB. YES!!!!

thurman murman
10/16/2010, 12:46 AM
I almost feel sorry for Colt.

He will fail miserably.

Okie35
10/16/2010, 01:27 AM
He'll play all 4 most likely. Its not a game you would like to start but I'm sure he'll do fine.

SteelCitySooner
10/16/2010, 05:50 AM
oooooohhhhhh i can't wait to watch my Steeler D give him hell..

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2010, 06:31 AM
I realize he's not really short, being 6'1" (not 6'3" like texass claimed) but I can't help but wonder when I see him if he'll be able to see over an NFL line. He looks like a really fit hobbit to me.

OU-HSV
10/16/2010, 08:06 AM
Colt's a competitor, he will play to the death. So maybe two series?

I don't know I wish the guy well but it is not a good situation for any rookie QB.

Ya it's not a good situation for Colt to start in. Has the makings to be a brutal day for Colt.

I'm still confused as to why the browns didn't try to get a top tier QB in some sort of trade, or even Vick comes to mind. Seems they'd be better off taking a chance with Vick than trading for two QBs who aren't going to take them to the next level. I mean do they think Delhomeskillet, Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy are the answer to their QB issues? Because I think that's crazy. To me they aren't in much better shape at QB than they were last year with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. (hell, considering the ankle injuries to Seneca and Delhomme they've actually gotten themselves in worse shape.

-I think Delhomme's best years are behind him (see the mid 2000's). I mean he's won some games and took the Panthers to the superbowl once. But what since then? Like one more decent run in the playoffs but that was a while back. Sure, he's a good guy but it seems like present day Delhomme is an injury waiting to happen. So if I'm the Browns I'm not trying to build my team around him.

-Seneca shows flashes, but I just don't see him as that franchise type difference making NFL QB. Unless I'm mistaken, he's been in the league 5/6 years now and hasn't been able to tweak too much trade interest until this year to the Browns.

-And Colt may or may not pan out for them. I lean toward the "may not" side. From what I've seen, read and heard I don't think he has a big NFL arm. We all know he's competitive and was certainly a play maker at the college level. But I think the NFL defenses will be able to pretty much take away his consistent escape-abilities therefore forcing him to throw more often than he had to in college. And he won't be able to simply throw short-medium routes all the time. He'll have to have an accurate deep ball too. And it's not a good sign when you're in your first training camp and there's already rumors/rumblings of not making the cut.
But yes he's a solid competitor and very athletic. So time will tell for him.

Okie35
10/16/2010, 08:13 AM
I realize he's not really short, being 6'1" (not 6'3" like texass claimed) but I can't help but wonder when I see him if he'll be able to see over an NFL line. He looks like a really fit hobbit to me.

Roster heights, all of em are hammed up.

kevpks
10/16/2010, 08:13 AM
Whatever the outcome, Mack will be ready to put him in Canton with VY.

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2010, 08:50 AM
Roster heights, all of em are hammed up.

It would actually be funny to list some 6'5" QB as like 5'4" or something just for giggles.

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2010, 08:51 AM
Whatever the outcome, Mack will be ready to put him in bed with KY.

FIFY

ThinMan
10/16/2010, 09:18 AM
Of all the Texas players I probably like Colt the most. He seems like a good kid. Unlike Bradford, I'm afraid the NFL will be a little too fast for him, but I'll bet he does about as well as Chris Sims.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:23 AM

So are you dissing my pole?

By now you should have learned how to do your own pole?