PDA

View Full Version : Team Mood

KantoSooner
10/15/2010, 08:16 AM
I don't think anyone will find it controversial if I say that OU has, across the board, better athletes than ISU, or that our team plays better football in general, or that we are especially hard to beat at home.
OU also has a proven track record of taking a quarter or more, sometimes a game 'off'.
For anyone who is on campus or has friends on the team, what is the mood headed into tomorrow's game?

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 08:19 AM
Who cares? the quarter we "take off" they will have to score 8 touchdowns to tie us!

meoveryouxinfinity
10/15/2010, 08:19 AM
I don't think anyone will find it controversial if I say that OU has, across the board, better athletes than ISU, or that our team plays better football in general, or that we are especially hard to beat at home.
OU also has a proven track record of taking a quarter or more, sometimes a game 'off'.
For anyone who is on campus or has friends on the team, what is the mood headed into tomorrow's game?

it's my opinion that the whole team never has a mood. some guys get really nervous and hyped monday going into game week and some kids just look at it as another work day.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 08:25 AM
I'd like M-F to be work days and then get excited and ready to kill on awakening Saturday morning.

KantoSooner
10/15/2010, 08:26 AM
Okaaaay, but I would guess you would accept the premise that we are all affected by the attitude of those around us. Some groups seem to bring out the best in their members and the converse.
Football being a strongly 'team' endeavor, this should hold for football teams as much as for any other organization.

Ah, to hell with it: does anyone with access or at least a nice observation post have an opinion on whether the team will be engaged and intense? Or try to phone this one in?

In my view ISU can't beat OU. But OU can...

goingoneight
10/15/2010, 08:33 AM
These are what you call your "trap games." IOW, somebody you know can win, but under the vast majority of circumstances nobody's giving them a chance. Stoops normally has a recipe for the RRS hangover, hence the dominant 11-0 the week after Tejas in his career at OU.
Still, remember OSU 2001, KSU 2003, TCU 2005, Boise State 2006/7, Colorado 2007 and BYU 2009. It CAN happen, and that's why we're scheduled for four quarters with ISU instead of being given an automatic W for this week.

Also, I'll add that it's fair to give Air Force, Cincinnati and Tejas credit under tge circumstances for keeping it close, but that doesn't explain Utah State. If THAT version of Landry Jones and OU defense comes out of the tunnel, it's gonna be another barnburner. Personally, I feel like the team turns the corner and wins this one big, but I thought that against FSU also. While we indeed won big, it's not like our problems were magically solved the next three weeks.

Jon Nelson, Jamelle Fleming, Austin Box and Adrian Taylor another week healthier will make a huge difference in terms of depth for relief snaps late in games. I think that's been part of OUr 4th quarter dropoffs. A guy needs a break and we still need him in there. He's not tired, but also not 100% like he was coming out of the gate... he steps wrong here or runs out of gas there and boom, big play, big lead cut down drastically, momentum shifts.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/15/2010, 08:40 AM
Okaaaay, but I would guess you would accept the premise that we are all affected by the attitude of those around us. Some groups seem to bring out the best in their members and the converse.
Football being a strongly 'team' endeavor, this should hold for football teams as much as for any other organization.

Ah, to hell with it: does anyone with access or at least a nice observation post have an opinion on whether the team will be engaged and intense? Or try to phone this one in?

In my view ISU can't beat OU. But OU can...
You're probably right. I know Kenny Stills and I asked him like Wednesday of OU Texas if he was excited and he told me "no, not really. it's just another week. i don't get excited until we get on the bus"

CrimsonRez
10/15/2010, 08:56 AM
this is some genius analysis

meoveryouxinfinity
10/15/2010, 09:00 AM
this is some genius analysis

glad i can help :texan:

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:07 AM
Team mood doesn't mean a damned thing. The only thing that really matters is that we posters take the opposition seriously.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/15/2010, 09:13 AM
Team mood doesn't mean a damned thing. The only thing that really matters is that we posters take the opposition seriously.

FOCUS.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:15 AM
Damn right! Okay everyone...Focus...Don't look ahead. Don't underestimate Iowa State, they beat nebbish last year!!!!!!!!!

btk108
10/15/2010, 09:15 AM
FOCUS.

Get yer booty down there and motivate those boys!

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2010, 10:01 AM
33 in a row is a good indicator that home games are not trap games for this program (that spans lots of different players). The remaining road games all look dangerous, so I would hope they get the players full attention.

Soonerntxs
10/15/2010, 10:02 AM
I dont know the MOOD of the TEAM, but I am amped up after settin out last week havin to watch other teams take credit for lackluster play and espn gettin all warm and fuuzy about JAN and callin the ball mid season.. I guess as long as Stoops doesn't look at me with those puppydog eyes and ask me to yell "BRAVE", from the JUMBO, I'll be rip snortin around yellin my everlovin, pig arse eatin, two beer drinkin, diet hatin, thing that sits on my shoulders OFF!!!

cccasooner2
10/15/2010, 10:11 AM
Damn right! Okay everyone...Focus...Don't look ahead. Don't underestimate Iowa State, they beat nebbish last year!!!!!!!!!

Brought in some help.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/07/504x_the-jerk.jpg

Dan Thompson
10/15/2010, 10:33 AM
When the new Freshman RB starts making some big plays, it should boost the mood.

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2010, 10:43 AM
+1

meoveryouxinfinity
10/15/2010, 11:18 AM
Get yer booty down there and motivate those boys!

skipping homecoming to go see my family and study.

but shhhhhh

btk108
10/15/2010, 11:28 AM
I dont know the MOOD of the TEAM, but I am amped up after settin out last week havin to watch other teams take credit for lackluster play and espn gettin all warm and fuuzy about JAN and callin the ball mid season.. I guess as long as Stoops doesn't look at me with those puppydog eyes and ask me to yell "BRAVE", from the JUMBO, I'll be rip snortin around yellin my everlovin, pig arse eatin, two beer drinkin, diet hatin, thing that sits on my shoulders OFF!!!

No Beer for you! OVJ!

TahoeSOONER
10/15/2010, 11:28 AM
I've read the mood is to get better each week, grow with experience. I'm stoked about the direction of this football team and the hunger to get better.

agoo758
10/15/2010, 11:36 AM
We only seem to take off away from home. This will be one of those games where we do everything right and win by 40.

setem
10/15/2010, 11:42 AM
I have a class with Frank Alexander, RJ Washington, Pryce Macon, Austin Box and Jarvis Jones. They all seem pretty excited about every game. I will tell you this, before OU/XT I was quite concerned. RJ caused a big fight in our class, Dr. B go so mad at him she shut class down 45 mins early. Frank was sitting with me and he was real pissed that they were going to have to run like bastard because of that situation. RJ has been on his best behavior ever since.

btk108
10/15/2010, 11:53 AM
keep them boys under control, wood ya?

SoonerNutt
10/15/2010, 01:15 PM

The day I take ISU seriously in Norman will be the day that they have a top 10 team with a Heisman front-runner at QB. Oh wait, that already happened? We hammered the **** out them then too? Well, then. Nevermind.

ISU sucks. Even Karma won't give them a break.

soonerboomer93
10/15/2010, 01:19 PM
hopefully they're out of bubble gum

yankee
10/15/2010, 01:21 PM
it's their time of the month again...so in other words, we're DOOMED!!!