PDA

View Full Version : Pick this weekend's games (against the spread)

thurman murman
10/15/2010, 12:15 AM
So I am in this pool of about 50 people who are given about 8-10 games each weekend against the spread.

Right now I'm in the middle of the clustered pack. The leaders include peoples' wives and girlfriends, and other people I know that don't have the first clue about football.

I am coming on here to seek the almighty wisdom of soonerfans.

All I ask is that you give a reason for choosing one side or the other. Anyone can just put "Neb -9.5."

Also, feel free to add any games you would like because I'm sure there are many posters and lurkers who would welcome your knowledge.

I will give out green dots to those who pick wisely.

I'll let you guys know what I went with prior to Saturday's games.

TIA.

Here are the games I have to pick:

Mizzou @ Texas a&m (-3.5)
Iowa (-3.5) @ Michigan
Okla St. @ Texas Tech (-3.5)
texas @ Nebraska (-9.5)
Cal @ USC (-2.5)
Ohio St. (-3.5) @ Wisconsin
Oregon St. @ Washington (pick)
Arkansas @ Auburn (-3.5)
Florida International (-5.5) @ North Texas

**** these are not necessarily the vegas lines, but they are the ones used in our pool.

soonercastor
10/15/2010, 06:39 AM
Texas +9.5 This should be a defensive game, and 9.5 points is a lot for this type of games always take the points.

USC -2.5 I think they bounce back nicely after those two losses they've had; and we all know how Cal is on the road.

OSU +3.5 I think they win this game outright in a shootout. And take this only if you think OSU will win, because chances are Texas tech will cover if they win.

GL ;)

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 06:53 AM
texass will lose, but I'd be shocked if Nebbish covered the spread, for the reason Soonercastor said

Misery will probably beat ATM. Why? Because I ****in' said so.

Pokes will probably BURY tech. Why? They shouldn't have fired the mad genius.

SUC will kill Cal. Cal sucks all around and SUC is gonna come out wanting a big win.

I think Wisconsin will use the home field and home crowd and expose tOSU for the weak azzed pretenders they truly are.

Oregon State is gonna win by 20+. Washington is a one man team.

I think Michigan knocks off Iowa by a TD or more. Iowa is not what they were last year and I doubt they can shut down the michigan QB.

Auburn will have Arkie inbreeding themselves by the half. I think Cam has that something every QB needs to be successful...A good laptop.

That other POS game? I'm guessing 2-3, but I don't know who wins. Either way, that means no cover.