PDA

View Full Version : Attention Whore Mack Brown to join ESPN crew at halftime tonight

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 06:41 PM
This guy is simply amazing.

Is he going to come on and pimp his 3-2 team to the rest of the nation?

tcrb
10/14/2010, 06:44 PM
No doubt. He will imply that the last two games the whorns just ran outta time.

Soonerntxs
Gettin that Resume Ready since Muscrat will be leading the charge!

jumperstop
This guy is simply amazing.

Is he going to come on and pimp his 3-2 team to the rest of the nation?

He wants to make sure his team will still be #2 when the BCS poll comes out Sunday...Oops, wrong year...

soonerchk
10/14/2010, 06:46 PM
No doubt. He will imply that the last two games the whorns just ran outta time.

Didn't you read? It was the officials this time!

I hope Nebraska hangs half a hundred on them.

tcrb
10/14/2010, 06:55 PM
Didn't you read? It was the officials this time!

I hope Nebraska hangs half a hundred on them.

That's right, I forgot....they called the game fairly this year and , well, by texas$ standards, that's cheatin'.

soonerchk
10/14/2010, 06:58 PM
That's right, I forgot....they called the game fairly this year and , well, by texas$ standards, that's cheatin'.

Those players didn't really hold!!! Just because I could see Beal's jersey stretched out in some nasty texas paw only means my eyes lied!!!

Funny stuff from a coach who won the BigXII after some major end of game shenanigans.

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 07:00 PM
Those players didn't really hold!!! Just because I could see Beal's jersey stretched out in some nasty texas paw only means my eyes lied!!!

Funny stuff from a coach who won the BigXII after some major end of game shenanigans.

I think it would be funny if mack and the horns get screwed out of this game on a blatantly bad call.

Then again, losing by 50 would be just as funny.

soonerchk
10/14/2010, 07:02 PM
I think it would be funny if mack and the horns get screwed out of this game on a blatantly bad call.

Then again, losing by 50 would be just as funny.

Maybe they can go to Oregon next season AND lose by 50 to Nebraska this weekend?

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 07:03 PM
Maybe they can go to Oregon next season AND lose by 50 to Nebraska this weekend?

:D

Okie35
10/14/2010, 07:04 PM

Best argument I've heard from a few friends that are whorns fans are that if they didn't get any penalties they would've won. Well I refer them to last year and the year before w/ those key personal fouls that were bs calls.

soonerchk
10/14/2010, 07:12 PM
Best argument I've heard from a few friends that are whorns fans are that if they didn't get any penalties they would've won. Well I refer them to last year and the year before w/ those key personal fouls that were bs calls.

But that was different, those were good and correct calls. /MackBrownOff

tcrb
10/14/2010, 07:16 PM

Just about any losing team could make this argument about any game. Weak stuff.

Cover 2
10/14/2010, 07:21 PM
He's auditioning for Lee Corso's job.

TheMind__Gap
10/14/2010, 07:24 PM
Do you think he Tivo's himself so he can watch it later with Vince Young on his flat screen TV from the comfort of his own bathtub?

CrimsonJim
10/14/2010, 07:24 PM
Ole yeller teef is just an attention whore. He'll baffle the ESPiN turds with his usual bs and they'll eat it up.

soonerchk
10/14/2010, 07:25 PM
Do you think he Tivo's himself so he can watch it later with Vince Young on his flat screen TV from the comfort of his own bathtub?

Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley do. Did you know they were roommates?

btk108
10/14/2010, 07:27 PM
Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley do. Did you know they were buttmates?

FIFY....noobs

badger
10/14/2010, 07:31 PM
After his offseason ads with Nick Satan and now this, I wonder how many whorns are saying "shouldn't :mack: be worried about winning games more than espn appearances at this point?" considering their 3-2 start?

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 08:11 PM
It's halftime with Holths and May....and Mack.

This is like a train wreck, I just can't look away.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2010, 08:14 PM
I'll bet :mack: will have us all convinced the NU is the greatest team ever assembled and a horn win would be the greatest upset ever.

ThinMan
10/14/2010, 08:16 PM
Oh for mercies sake we simply must find out what will be on the back of the airplane tomorrow.

Tigeman
10/14/2010, 08:17 PM
Ughhh, the idiot's on!

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 08:17 PM
I like how he gave credit to UCLA, but not OU.

What a ******.

Tigeman
10/14/2010, 08:19 PM
LOL.... Garret is not getting there you idiot! Pump that sunshine Mack!

tcrb
10/14/2010, 08:19 PM
Ugh...... he reminds me so much of that slimey old Mr Haney.

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 08:20 PM
He likes talking about the past.....a lot.

SoonerNation20
ROFL.. Mack just said 'i was proud of our 2nd half against OU. We had alot of chances to win that game'..

Win....? Apparently he knows about a 9 point play that I'm unaware of.

Soonerntxs
Did mack just say, he is lookin forward to the azz whoopin on Sat?

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 08:21 PM
Did mack just say, he is lookin forward to the azz whoopin on Sat?

I think he did.

oumartin
10/14/2010, 08:21 PM
Ughhh, the idiot's on!

Obama?

Tigeman
10/14/2010, 08:22 PM
I'll bet :mack: will have us all convinced the NU is the greatest team ever assembled and a horn win would be the greatest upset ever.

Pretty close! Def. pumped the Martinez for Heisman line.

ThinMan
10/14/2010, 08:22 PM
I can see the banner behind the airplane now ...
"nearly beat OU .... * ..."

Octavian
10/14/2010, 08:23 PM
ESPN loves them some huge Texas tv markets.

They'll interview Mack in special slots or have UT features like this throughout the year....regardless of their record.

mightysooner
10/14/2010, 08:23 PM
I like how he gave credit to UCLA, but not OU.

What a ******.

We don't need Mack's "credit". We just point to the scoreboard.

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 08:26 PM
We don't need Mack's "credit". We just point to the scoreboard.

I can agree with that.

thesnowbishop
10/14/2010, 08:27 PM
It's the cadence of his voice that really gets me. I do believe he is the antithesis of Slick Rick, Erik B., or perhaps even Al Green.

OU-HSV
10/14/2010, 08:29 PM
It's funny how he was saying "we messed it up, so we can fix it"....whether he was talking about the coaches or players, it doesn't matter...to me that's his way of saying "OU and UCLA didn't beat us, we beat ourselves, we could've beat both of them had we wanted to".
He's such a dildo

OUmillenium
10/14/2010, 08:31 PM
ESPN is a joke. They don't even show Australian rules football anymore...pansies. The more UTerus hype the better. It doesn't matter if we thump their punkaz in the RRS, only makes us look better. Problem is, if KW and BV keep making blowouts into nailbiters, we will never get over the hump. At least we aren't losing by 1-3 points every other game like we did last year. Hopefully its time to break out the 60 point wins again like 08.

Tigeman
10/14/2010, 08:50 PM
Did anyone else see the Dr. Slur give the halftime pep talk to *?

"every day, someone does the impossible " .... Love it! Yep *, your about to get F'd in the A!

picasso
10/14/2010, 10:07 PM
I was at the gym and couldn't hear but I noticed Mack's fake, **** eatin' grin as Louis was asking him questions.

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 10:51 PM
We deserve to be in the Top-25! Warm up the plane!

Okie35
10/14/2010, 11:19 PM
Did anyone else see the Dr. Slur give the halftime pep talk to *?

"every day, someone does the impossible " .... Love it! Yep *, your about to get F'd in the A!

Last time he gave Mack the pep talk the whorns beat us 45-35 :(.

agoo758
10/14/2010, 11:29 PM
Last time he gave Mack the pep talk the whorns beat us 45-35 :(.

All good.... we still beat them out.:D

A Sooner in Texas
10/14/2010, 11:37 PM
He's auditioning for Lee Corso's job.

You mean the one as a penis? Mack certainly has the qualifications.

sendbaht
10/15/2010, 03:40 AM
I think he is going to talk about 3 way ties and small planes flying over heard with banners and clap his hands alot.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 08:54 AM
Wow.. the irony, paranoia and inferiority complex spewing on this thread is epic.

Especially from a fan base that still whines about a call made more than a quarter of a century ago!

:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 08:56 AM
Wow...The stupidity!

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 08:59 AM
Wow...The stupidity!

Let the n00bies have a chance to interact first.

Go back to pickin your toejam and let the new kids on the block enjoy.

sooneron
10/15/2010, 09:03 AM
Wow.. the irony, paranoia and inferiority complex spewing on this thread is epic.

Especially from a fan base that still whines about a call made more than a quarter of a century ago!

Yes, I'd be trying to spin this upon us if I were embarrassed by my coach, too.
Whether we like it or not, * is one of the grandaddy programs in the history of college football. THey don't need some used car huckster for a coach that will run to a mic at moment's notice to do some weak assed pleading or excuse making. Like I said, I'd be embarrassed too...

picasso
10/15/2010, 09:06 AM

Nope, we have none of that on this day of 10-15-2010. We have scoreboard.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, I'd be trying to spin this upon us if I were embarrassed by my coach, too.
Whether we like it or not, * is one of the grandaddy programs in the history of college football. THey don't need some used car huckster for a coach that will run to a mic at moment's notice to do some weak assed pleading or excuse making. Like I said, I'd be embarrassed too...

Who's embarrassed?

It's only the sooner fan base that spins it that way.

Whether you realize it or not, recruiting is a year round function now. The more your face appears on the Eastern Sports Promotional Network, the more exposure your program gets, the more recruits see you, the better it is for your program which results in more television appearances and more money flowing into the university.

And except for the sooner intertubz fans, Mack is respected by his peers, the media and most third parties.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:08 AM
Let the n00bies have a chance to interact first.

Go back to pickin your toejam and let the new kids on the block enjoy.

I'll have you know I prefer toejelly.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 09:10 AM
Nope, we have none of that on this day of 10-15-2010. We have scoreboard.

[soonerfan]"but, the refs were against us. on every Ou drive, the refs called a questionable penalty. we shouldn't play this game in dallas. the refs conspire against us. that's why we lost. and espn hates us too." [soonerfan]

[UTalum]"Yes, you did. Congratulations on the win."[UTalum]

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:12 AM
Weird. That sounds like every whorn board post that WASN'T screaming "fire Greg Davis".

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 09:17 AM
Weird. That sounds like every whorn board post that WASN'T screaming "fire Greg Davis".

Fire Greg Davis?

Only if you tie his *** to a stake and pour gasoline all over him to make sure he can't escape.

SoonerAtKU
10/15/2010, 09:24 AM
Who's embarrassed?

Whether you realize it or not, recruiting is a year round function now. The more your face appears on the Eastern Sports Promotional Network, the more exposure your program gets, the more recruits see you, the better it is for your program which results in more television appearances and more money flowing into the university.

And except for the sooner intertubz fans, Mack is respected by his peers, the media and most third parties.

So you're admitting that this season is lost and it doesn't matter if the Horns are preparing to beat Nebraska and challenge for the Big XII? Might as well write this year off and get ready for your next big Mr. February Recruiting National Championship!!!

You sound Aggy when you lose, Lid.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:24 AM
Is "Stake" your nickname?

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:25 AM

He's aggy/ie when he wins too.

sooneron
10/15/2010, 09:26 AM
Who's embarrassed?

And yet, odlly enough, :mack: can't really recruit anywhere outside of * . Funny how that works out.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 09:28 AM
So you're admitting that this season is lost and it doesn't matter if the Horns are preparing to beat Nebraska and challenge for the Big XII? Might as well write this year off and get ready for your next big Mr. February Recruiting National Championship!!!

To believe Ou is going to lose twice in conference this year would be naive.. possible yet unlikely.

I believe the offense needs to find its identity.. take the restrictions off of Gilbert Grape and see if he can play. Fling it around.

Not saying write this year off at all. But, a MNC is not a possibility and a conference championship is unlikely. Go out, have fun, get your younglings more experience, win games, win your bowl game.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:29 AM
It's not that he can't, he just prefers texass manpu$$y

sooneron
10/15/2010, 09:31 AM
Well, he did get one kid from NJ, by promising his dad playing time in exchange for some cabbage.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:32 AM
That wasn't cabbage.

texaspokieokie
10/15/2010, 09:33 AM

there were 3 bad calls on that last drive.

sooneron
10/15/2010, 09:33 AM
It's not that he can't, he just prefers texass manpu$$y

and in many cases, that's redundant.:texan:

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 09:36 AM
I sure hope to hell texass loses on an obvious bad call. I'm talking 10x ducked here.

47straight
10/15/2010, 09:51 AM

That's because he hasn't yet called in to half-time of their games to talk **** about why their team doesn't deserve XYZ.

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2010, 10:02 AM
Mack, there is a savior out there for you....

Its a bird, its a plane, no, its SUPER COW!!!

http://static-p4.fotolia.com/jpg/00/05/89/49/400_F_5894964_2ZUytwp46CoKFcBW6q4NjRDrVK7n2kuv.jpg
!")... Yes, it's Supercow ... strange visitor from another state, who came to Dallas with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal cows! Supercow ... who can change the course of the Red River, bend plastic in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Skip Bayless, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for lies, bad calls and the whorn way! And now, another exciting episode, in The Adventures of Supercow!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/15/2010, 10:09 AM

Hang on, we just point out what the tv cameras clearly showed to happen. What were you saying about the 1 second put back on the clock in the B12 CG last year?

Your hypocrisy's showing again whorn.

3rdgensooner
10/15/2010, 10:12 AM
Did Mack *clap clap buttslap* anyone?

goingoneight
10/15/2010, 10:30 AM
Hmmm... Texas A&M is a two-loss team playing somebody undefeated, too. Are they gonna have Mike Shermanator on?

soonerchk
10/15/2010, 10:44 AM
[soonerfan]"but, the refs were against us. on every Ou drive, the refs called a questionable penalty. we shouldn't play this game in dallas. the refs conspire against us. that's why we lost. and espn hates us too." [soonerfan]

"Yes, you did. Congratulations on the win."[UTalum]

ESPN does hate us. Maybe because Bob Stoops has better things to do than suck them off at halftime of someone else's game?

That's because he hasn't [U]yet called in to half-time of their games to talk **** about why their team doesn't deserve XYZ.

Hang on, we just point out what the tv cameras clearly showed to happen. What were you saying about the 1 second put back on the clock in the B12 CG last year?

Again, this is why I hope Nebraska hangs half a hundred on them.

Any chance of Mack taking the boys up to Oregon? He can find out what bad refs really look like!

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 11:12 AM

I'm saying the same thing that the cud-chewing, penile-nosed, poorly dressed media assclown who coaches Nebbis said this past week.. "It was the right call."

You been tipping back some Pete's Specials from Pat O's before you post again?

Sooner_Tuf
10/15/2010, 12:08 PM
Lid doesn't know any better. It's not like he's from Oklahoma or anything ;)

soonercastor
10/15/2010, 01:56 PM
That wasn't cabbage.

Its a jersey thing

ThinMan
10/15/2010, 03:30 PM
Texas, home of the excuse.

Oklahoma hangs banners, Texas flies them behind airplanes.

This year's banner, "We almost beat OU.... * sort of ..."

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 03:34 PM
Texas, home of the excuse.

Oklahoma hangs banners, Texas flies them behind airplanes.

This year's banner, "We almost beat OU.... * sort of ..."

You obviously weren't on this site last year. The excuse making machines on here generated enough electricity to power the city lights of Los Angeles for 3 months.

Our injuries
The refs
The play calling.

It was epic.

soonerchk
10/15/2010, 03:35 PM
You obviously weren't on this site last year. The excuse making machines on here generated enough electricity to power the city lights of Los Angeles for 3 months.

Our injuries
The refs
The play calling.

It was epic.

Well, when you lose 2 of the top NFL picks for the season, it's a pretty good excuse.

ThinMan
10/15/2010, 03:37 PM

Our injuries
The refs
The play calling.

It was epic.

I heard all of that and the Alabama fans were fed up with it. But Texas will be Texas. They don't call it the home of the asterisk for nothing.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 03:38 PM
Thurman Murman...

Positive grey spek for a great on line name.

From one of the all time great Christmas flicks.

AlboSooner
10/15/2010, 03:53 PM
He made every excuse in the world for Texas losing two in a row.

ThinMan
10/15/2010, 04:03 PM

He would have used Colt's injury again if he thought people would buy it.

fwsooner22
10/15/2010, 04:14 PM
In the end Mack needs to look in the mirror. Greatest collection of football players in the country almost every year. One title and half the conference titles of their closest rival. I don't care what you say if that was happening in Norman we would have a problem with it. In Austin it's somebody elses fault.

Yup, we complain because we want to go out and earn it and if it doesn't happen we are pi$$ed. Just doesn't seem that way down there. He may be one of the best recruiters in the country but if you've been to that campus anyone ought to be able to recruit there. He very simply is NOT a gameday coach worthy of that talent pool.

texas bandman
10/15/2010, 04:56 PM
Hmmm... Texas A&M is a two-loss team playing somebody undefeated, too. Are they gonna have Mike Shermanator on?

Taco Tech, another 2 loss team is playing an undefeated sheephumper team why isn't [hairGel] on?

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 05:05 PM
In the end Mack needs to look in the mirror. Greatest collection of football players in the country almost every year. One title and half the conference titles of their closest rival. I don't care what you say if that was happening in Norman we would have a problem with it. In Austin it's somebody elses fault.

Yup, we complain because we want to go out and earn it and if it doesn't happen we are pi$$ed. Just doesn't seem that way down there. He may be one of the best recruiters in the country but if you've been to that campus anyone ought to be able to recruit there. He very simply is NOT a gameday coach worthy of that talent pool.

Actually, and one of the truths on here that people seem to want to forget.. for more than half of the years since Stoops and Mack have been around, Stoops' classes have been ranked higher than Mack's classes.

Stoops has recruited just as, if not greater talent. And yet.. it has met with bowl game loss after bowl game loss and losses to Texas again and again and again as well as TWO, 5 loss seasons in the last 5 years.

DeaconBoomer
10/15/2010, 05:08 PM

this...very nice

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2010, 05:10 PM
Taco Tech, another 2 loss team is playing an undefeated sheephumper team why isn't [hairGel] on?

Because Mr. "I'm 40, I'm a Man" and the "Sherminator" haven't won a national championship, or conference championships, or multiple BCS bowls, or at least 10 wins for 9 straight years, or have one of the highest number of wins and winning percentages in the "Oughts." perhaps? Or gone to Iraq with other college coaches to meet the troops there?

And except for the sooner fan base, Mack is held in very high regard and is respected.

You think that might have something to do with it?

ThinMan
10/15/2010, 05:26 PM
Stoops has recruited just as, if not greater talent. And yet.. it has met with bowl game loss after bowl game loss and losses to Texas again and again and again as well as TWO, 5 loss seasons in the last 5 years.

Stoops is 7-5 against Texas, and has won the Big 12 in years 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, and is still in the mix for 2010. He's gotten his team to four national championship games and won one.

That OU owns the Big 12 is hardly in doubt.

The question is how Texas can routinely out recruit and be a distant second to OU?

stoopified
10/15/2010, 06:23 PM
To bad a plane didn't fly over with a 28-20 on a neutral field banner.

PDXsooner
10/15/2010, 06:34 PM
He'll be lobbying for the Alamo over the Holiday.

Soonerfan88
10/15/2010, 08:22 PM
Although we all want #8, I don't see OU getting in this year as tOSU will probably play Boise State (gag)! Therefore, I would prefer * go to the Insight Bowl. This means I could laugh at them while they lose, go to the kick *** New Year's party in Tempe and then watch OU get the monkey off their back & win in Glendale. It would be a win/win/win trip!!

thurman murman
10/15/2010, 11:33 PM
Thurman Murman...

Positive grey spek for a great on line name.

From one of the all time great Christmas flicks.

Thank you.

I know I have a great name. That's why I chose it.

I will give you some green dots if you will go year-by-year comparing the differences between our bowl game opponents and texas' bowl game opponents.

While you're at it (just for kicks), tell me what you think the scores of the games would have been had the opponents been swapped.

:pop:

edit: I know you're busy with your assignments above, but feel free to comment on this:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/ut-athletics-official-goes-on-leave-974865.html

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/16/2010, 02:13 AM

Then again, losing by 50 would be just as funny.Excellent post!

Okie35
10/16/2010, 02:20 AM
Although we all want #8, I don't see OU getting in this year as tOSU will probably play Boise State (gag)! Therefore, I would prefer * go to the Insight Bowl. This means I could laugh at them while they lose, go to the kick *** New Year's party in Tempe and then watch OU get the monkey off their back & win in Glendale. It would be a win/win/win trip!!

I think it will be Oregon vs. _________ <--- fill in the blank ... hopefully ou.

10/16/2010, 02:24 AM
Nope, we have none of that on this day of 10-15-2010. We have scoreboard.Coach Stoops 7 /Happy-Clappy and his well paid ref crews 5.

10/16/2010, 02:34 AM
Stoops has recruited just as, if not greater talent. And yet... losses to Texas again and again and again...haha, good show, whorn. Stoopsie 7 - Happy Clappy & his well paid refs 5!

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2010, 05:06 AM
So Stoops goes to texass and gets better players than the STATE university? That isn't a very good defense of clappy IMO.

oupride
10/16/2010, 06:56 AM
I'll speak for Mack.

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2010, 07:20 AM
Now he's out of excuses for 3 in a row.

TexasLidig8r
10/16/2010, 08:55 AM
So Stoops goes to texass and gets better players than the STATE university? That isn't a very good defense of clappy IMO.

No you drunken sot.

Stoopsie has pulled in recruits from more a nationwide point of view.. like, the gangsta rappa from Georgia and the screwdriver wielding punk from vegas.

ThinMan
10/16/2010, 09:04 AM
You mean the two kids who never played a down is why Stoops has a winning record against Brown? I thought all the OU recruits come from Texas anyway.

Please keep your excuses from contradicting one another. That becomes confusing.

OU-HSV
10/16/2010, 09:11 AM
No you drunken sot.

Stoopsie has pulled in recruits from more a nationwide point of view.. like, the gangsta rappa from Georgia and the screwdriver wielding punk from vegas.

Just like a whorn, focus on the two assclowns out of a million good ones OU has landed.
Why don't you go smoke a bowl w/Ricky (among other whorns) and get in a strip club fight with Vince, and cause some trouble with some of your other more recent players who have been in the headlines.

47straight
10/16/2010, 11:19 AM
No you drunken sot.

What I thought was really bad about those guys was not only they did that, but then they beat the witnesses and told them "Bitches deserved to get kicked, so that's what I do" and threatened more if they kept talking to police.

Oh wait, that was UT.

soonerchk
10/16/2010, 11:25 AM
Was it Cedric Benson that stole the tv? And who ran into the building? I can't quite keep track of the UT rap sheets.

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 11:30 AM
If St. Lou retires they are going to need another babbling idiot to replace him. My pick = Happy Clappy Smack Brown Pep Talks

JENGA!

ThinMan
10/16/2010, 11:30 AM
What I thought was really bad about those guys was not only they did that, but then they beat the witnesses and told them "Bitches deserved to get kicked, so that's what I do" and threatened more if they kept talking to police.

Oh wait, that was UT.

:eek:

thurman murman
10/17/2010, 12:48 AM
TexasLidig8r,

You seemed to have ignored my original questions. That was predictable.

Could you explain this upstanding citizen?

http://www.blip.tv/file/3009940

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:29 AM
No you drunken sot.

So what you are saying is that we have better recruiting all-around and Kids from EVERYWHERE dream of being a Sooner and winning championships, while clappy apparently just trolls juvenile detention centers in texass grabbing whatever kid seems most stoned?

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:37 AM
Through the '06 season:

September 2006 Longhorns Tarell Brown, Tyrell Gatewood, and former player Aaron Harris are arrested on drug charges.

May 2006 Former Texas running back Ramonce Taylor was arrested in Bell County on the charge of possession of marijuana. He is awaiting trial. Taylor had already been dropped from the team.

December 2005 Austin police investigated Longhorn players Cedric Griffin and Ramonce Taylor after an assault and robbery near Sixth St. on Dec. 10. The two players were not charged. Head coach Mack Brown said some players violated curfew and were disciplined.

October 2003 Cedric Benson was charged with criminal trespassing. Benson pleaded no contest and served his sentence.

May 2003 Four players, including Aaron Harris, Larry Dibbles and Selvin Young, were arrested for possession of marijuana. Those charges were later dropped.

January 2000 Four players, including Kwame Cavil and Aaron Humphrey were suspended from the team for violating unspecified team rules. Texas would lose the Cotton Bowl to Arkansas.

I'm sure those guys that got off were TOTALLY innocent. And in no way was clappy glossing over those arrests and investigations back then is there?

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:40 AM
June-September 2007:

— Backup safety/receiver Tyrell Gatewood (now suspended indefinitely) on misdemeanor drug charges, accused of having Xanax and prescription codeine cough syrup in his car. Freshman cornerback Ben Wells was cited in the same traffic stop for possession of drug paraphernalia but not was not taken to jail.

— Joseph (now transferred from the team) on the aggravated robbery charge and attempted car theft charges in separate incidents.

— Jones (now suspended indefinitely) on the same aggravated robbery charge as Joseph.

— Linebacker Sergio Kindle (returning from three-game suspension this week) on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

— Defensive end Henry Melton (also returning from three-game suspension) on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

Longhorn football player James Henry has been arrested on a pair of third-degree felony charges. He is accused of retaliating against victims who turned in a teammate for an alleged robbery.

Henry, a redshirt freshman who has played on special teams this season, is charged with “obstruction or retaliation” and “tampering or fabricating physical evidence.” Combined, bail is set at $30,000. Henry was booked into jail at 3:59 p.m. Monday.

In their arrest affidavit, Austin police accuse the 19-year-old Henry of retaliating on behalf of teammate Robert Joseph, who was arrested July 27 on aggravated robbery charges. Joseph and teammate Andre Jones were charged with breaking in to a Southeast Austin apartment and robbing several people in the apartment.

Police say that Joseph called Henry the next day from jail, and their conversation was recorded. In that call, police say, Henry told Joseph that he’d gone to the scene of the robbery and confronted witnesses. “I went over there and whooped all them niggas last night, fool,” Henry is quoted as saying in the recording, according to the arrest affidavit.

When police interviewed Henry and confronted him about the conversation, he admitted that he’d confronted the victims and gotten into a fight with them, the affidavit says.

The victims told police that Henry had come up to them and asked, “Who narked on us?”

They said that Henry tried to get into a fight with one of the men, 18-year-old Andre Swain, and told him, “Bitches deserve to get kicked, so that’s what I am going to do!” The witnesses said that Henry then kicked Swain six or seven times in the head and punched him repeatedly.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:40 AM
January 2010:

Texas Longhorn Football Player Brandon Collins Arrested in Pflugerville for 1st Degree Felony
By Dunham Law Firm · Monday, January 4, 2010 · No Comments

A wide receiver with the University of Texas football team has been charged with first-degree felony following a robbery in Pflugerville, an Austin suburb.Brandon Collins is alleged to have been involved in the aggravated assault and robbery of an individual in a McDonald's parking lot around 2:45 Saturday morning. The victim contacted police who soon stopped a vehicle matching the description used by the assailant.

Collins, 20, was driving the Chrysler Sebring at the time of the traffic stop. There were two passengers in the vehicle, Ashton Collins, 25, and Marcus Caruth, 19. The victim identified Caruth as the man who had robbed him. Police found a semi-automatic pistol in the car, as well as a small amount of marijuana and suspected hashish under the front seat. The three suspects were booked into Travis County Jail on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity and aggravated robbery.

Mack Brown, head coach for the Texas Longhorns, dismissed Collins from the team on Sunday. Collins caught 35 passes during the 2008 season but has not played this season after being declared academically ineligible in August. He has practiced with the football team all season but did not travel to Pasadena, California for the national championship game, where second ranked Texas faces the top ranked University of Alabama.

Collins is the third Texas Longhorn player to be arrested in the past two months. D.J. Monroe was suspended for three games after he was stopped for DWI in the Hays County, South of Austin. He was reinstated on the team after his DWI charge was dropped by a Hays County prosecutor. Marcus Davis was also arrested for DWI after being stopped south of Houston in late November. The freshman player has since decided to transfer to another school

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:42 AM
August 2010:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/ex-longhorn-football-player-hit-girl-in-tmz-video-28799

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 03:51 AM
I missed Vondrell McGee. I'm sure there are several others between '07 and '10, but I'm sure everyone's getting a good idea of my point.

swardboy
10/17/2010, 07:48 AM
Really, whose worse with the criminal recruits? Mack or Urban?

OU-HSV
10/17/2010, 07:50 AM
Really, whose worse with the criminal recruits? Mack or Urban?

Heh, or Mark Richt at Georgia

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 07:58 AM
Mack's bad enough that I got sick of pulling up the lists, but Urban has put his list together so much faster than clappy.

Flagstaffsooner
10/17/2010, 08:18 AM
TexasLidig8r,

You seemed to have ignored my original questions. That was predictable.

Could you explain this upstanding citizen?

http://www.blip.tv/file/3009940

Everybody in texass drives that way.:texan:

47straight
10/17/2010, 01:54 PM
Longhorn football player James Henry has been arrested on a pair of third-degree felony charges. He is accused of retaliating against victims who turned in a teammate for an alleged robbery.

Henry, a redshirt freshman who has played on special teams this season, is charged with “obstruction or retaliation” and “tampering or fabricating physical evidence.” Combined, bail is set at $30,000. Henry was booked into jail at 3:59 p.m. Monday.

In their arrest affidavit, Austin police accuse the 19-year-old Henry of retaliating on behalf of teammate Robert Joseph, who was arrested July 27 on aggravated robbery charges. Joseph and teammate Andre Jones were charged with breaking in to a Southeast Austin apartment and robbing several people in the apartment.

Police say that Joseph called Henry the next day from jail, and their conversation was recorded. In that call, police say, Henry told Joseph that he’d gone to the scene of the robbery and confronted witnesses. “I went over there and whooped all them niggas last night, fool,” Henry is quoted as saying in the recording, according to the arrest affidavit.

When police interviewed Henry and confronted him about the conversation, he admitted that he’d confronted the victims and gotten into a fight with them, the affidavit says.

The victims told police that Henry had come up to them and asked, “Who narked on us?”

They said that Henry tried to get into a fight with one of the men, 18-year-old Andre Swain, and told him, “Bitches deserve to get kicked, so that’s what I am going to do!” The witnesses said that Henry then kicked Swain six or seven times in the head and punched him repeatedly.

If some freak accident had happened while kicking those guys in the head and one died, Henry would be on death row.