PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/Bama Matchup in Jerry Dome to Kickoff 2012 Season

Sabanball
10/14/2010, 05:59 PM
Long rumored but now official.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101410aah.html

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 06:54 PM
Thursday night game for these two programs?

Talk about selling out!

I actually might attend that one.

SoonerPride
10/14/2010, 07:00 PM
JerryDome is a horrible venue to watch a game.

Seeing Robinson live would be cool though

jumperstop
10/14/2010, 07:28 PM
JerryDome is a horrible venue to watch a game.

Seeing Robinson live would be cool though

If he doesn't get injured by then.

Sabanball
10/14/2010, 07:47 PM
Texas was a possible opponent for us in this game, but according to Nick on the coach's radio show tonight Michigan was the only one that would sign on after all the negotiations were over. Another side note, Bama will be the 'home team' hence we'll be in our crimson jerseys. Denard Robinson will be a senior also for UM, assuming he's not gone to the NFL. My biggest question is will Rich Rod be there? Looks like he has it turned around this season but 2012 is still two seasons away and I would think he's on a short leash.

Soonerfan88
10/14/2010, 07:51 PM
I hated that sterile place and will not go back there unless OU is playing for a NC. It's biggest selling point is that it is new but I didn't think the amenities for the casual fan were any better than other places and that damn screen needs to go.

But if you go to the game, I hope you have a good time and pound meatchicken.

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 07:51 PM
Thursday night game for these two programs?

Talk about selling out!

I actually might attend that one.

Sorry, I thought the game was next year.

It looks like Sept. 1, 2012 is on a Saturday.

ouleaf
10/14/2010, 09:33 PM
Jerry still owes a lot of money so he's gonna try and schedule as many sports and/or entertainment events as possible there, especially with the potential for a lockout next season. Look for more college football & basketball games, boxing matches, WWE, UFC, and concerts.

Soonerfan88
10/14/2010, 09:39 PM
About the only thing I will give Jerry credit for in that stadium...when costs far overran the original proposal, he paid for it all himself instead of sticking the taxpayers(so I have read). Most owners get some percentage written into the deal and don't care about the little guy footing the rest of it.