PDA

View Full Version : TL:DR. What's the OUI short story?

Veritas
10/14/2010, 09:58 AM
Did it get infiltrated by aggies? Or worse, whorns?

Also, just to get this out of your way and to BLOW YOUR MINDS...I'm a Husker fan. I'm also a moderator. I make it a real point to exercise my power with a maximum of crapice (it's like caprice but smells worse) and I use a randomizer so that my actions are entirely arbitrary. If you're looking for reason and a fair shake, look elsewhere. :texan:

okie52
10/14/2010, 10:07 AM
And I started a nasty thread about the Bugeaters on the other board.

We had a good poster on the other board with the name veritas...I guess that will change.

Veritas
10/14/2010, 10:09 AM
And I started a nasty thread about the Bugeaters on the other board.

We had a good poster on the other board with the name veritas...I guess that will change.
Yeah, that wasn't me. I'm like Dr Horrible, with a side of fried awful.

If I couldn't handle "eff the Bugeaters" threads I'd have left a looooong time ago. :)

okie52
10/14/2010, 10:13 AM

If I couldn't handle "eff the Bugeaters" threads I'd have left a looooong time ago. :)

:)

I don't know how old you are but I'm old enough to remember when the OU Husker rivalry was a very respectful one. Seems like that changed when the conference was formed.

How did you end up on this board (particularly as a mod)?

NormanPride
10/14/2010, 10:17 AM
The "publisher" basically said that the freeloaders were trash and made all but one board pay-to-post. Everyone bailed and a majority came here.

Klegg
10/14/2010, 10:21 AM

Just so we get off on the right foot...F#$% the Bugeaters...:pop:

Veritas
10/14/2010, 10:22 AM
:)

I don't know how old you are but I'm old enough to remember when the OU Husker rivalry was a very respectful one. Seems like that changed when the conference was formed.

How did you end up on this board (particularly as a mod)?
I'm 35, grew up living for the OU/NU game every year.

That sucks you've had bad experiences. And kinda surprises me, to be honest. Most of the fans I know really miss the 'old days' and really look forward to when OU comes to town. OU fans are always fun to hang out with because the cultures of the two states are so similar. I had season tix to OU during the Blank years and was always treated well. Well, usually. There are a couple of ugly incident but drunk college kids are pretty much universally obnoxious to opfans.

I don't really remember how I ended up here. I think it might have been around the time of the Darren Delone thing during our own 'thank god that's in the past' years.

The story with being a mod...long long ago I told the HMFIC I'd moderate a politics board if he'd split it off. He said nah, I'll just make you a mod over politics related threads. These days I still have all the powers but don't do much with them except slap down spammers, obvious trolls, and delete the overly risque pic every now and then. Every once in a while I'll lock a thread if it's just gotten ridiculous. Can't tell you the last time I banned someone, I usually let the other guys deal with that as I'm not on here enough to really have the appropriate context.

okie52
10/14/2010, 10:27 AM
I'm 35, grew up living for the OU/NU game every year.

That sucks you've had bad experiences. And kinda surprises me, to be honest. Most of the fans I know really miss the 'old days' and really look forward to when OU comes to town. OU fans are always fun to hang out with because the cultures of the two states are so similar. I had season tix to OU during the Blank years and was always treated well. Well, usually. There are a couple of ugly incident but drunk college kids are pretty much universally obnoxious to opfans.

I don't really remember how I ended up here. I think it might have been around the time of the Darren Delone thing during our own 'thank god that's in the past' years.

The story with being a mod...long long ago I told the HMFIC I'd moderate a politics board if he'd split it off. He said nah, I'll just make you a mod over politics related threads. These days I still have all the powers but don't do much with them except slap down spammers, obvious trolls, and delete the overly risque pic every now and then. Every once in a while I'll lock a thread if it's just gotten ridiculous. Can't tell you the last time I banned someone, I usually let the other guys deal with that as I'm not on here enough to really have the appropriate context.

The OU NU series among oldtimers (like me) is probably still fondly remembered. But the youngsters and the internet have changed that, apparently. They don't have the Thanksgiving Day and national prestige memories that the older people have.

The series probably died when the Big 12 formed.

Klegg
10/14/2010, 10:29 AM
The OU NU series among oldtimers (like me) is probably still fondly remembered. But the youngsters and the internet have changed that, apparently. They don't have the Thanksgiving Day and national prestige memories that the older people have.

The series probably died when the Big 12 formed.

I really think Callahan set it back 20 years...I have MANY good, Bugeater friends...

okie52
10/14/2010, 10:36 AM
I really think Callahan set it back 20 years...I have MANY good, Bugeater friends...

Yea, Callahan was bad in so many ways.

TUSooner
10/14/2010, 12:37 PM
I've been looking for an excuse to grow up and move on, this influx of undesirables could be it. If there's one more thread about bowel movements, I'm definitely gone!

;)

Soonerntxs
10/14/2010, 12:59 PM
I've been looking for an excuse to grow up and move on, this influx of undesirables could be it. If there's one more thread about bowel movements, I'm definitely gone!

;)

MY POOP STINKS! U RANG?:D

badger
10/14/2010, 01:27 PM
Veritas, you guys better kick arse this weekend... and if you don't, that's OK too because it's win-win for OU. Either those stupid whorns from Baja Oklahoma lose or one of the 12-remaining-undefeated-teams-NOT-named-OU goes down. :D

We'll do our part and take out one of your North division foes for you this weekend if you wanna meet in December (they're your "foe" because, in case you forgot last year... awww eff it, I'm already borderline banned for everything I've already typed here) and try to do the same the week after. Do your part and ensure that our biggest South competitors go DOWN this week and next! :D

Veritas
10/14/2010, 01:38 PM
I hope we do. Lots of my friends think it's in the bag. I'll consider it in the bag when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter. We've had Texas' number several times in the last decade and have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

okie52, you're probably right. I forget that at 35 there are a couple of generations behind me that either only remember the 90's when NU was awesome and OU sucked or the 00's when OU was awesome and NU sucked. They never lived the rivalry and sweated through those games so they don't have the respect or nostalgia.

Plus, I'm getting old therefore I think kids these days are just not raised to be good sports and to respect other fans.

Klegg, most of us up here are as anxious to forget the Callajerkenberger era as you guys are to forget Smellslikebourbon or Blank.

My head sees the reasons behind going to the Big 10. My heart will always be with the Big 8 though.

badger
10/14/2010, 02:03 PM
Speaking of your avvie, you guys should totally teach your wonderful classy Nebbish fans the REAL words to March Grandioso anytime your band (or the whorn band) plays it.

It's really simple! Here goes:

I hate Texas
I hate Texas
Tex...as.... SUCKS!

Here's the song I'm referring to (in its worst possible form) in case you don't know which one I'm referring to:
feeVFtMYWdo

Just start it up at the stadium and get everyone to join in around you. I want 80k to sing it on national TV! :D

soonerboomer93
10/14/2010, 02:32 PM
I hope we do. Lots of my friends think it's in the bag. I'll consider it in the bag when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter. We've had Texas' number several times in the last decade and have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

okie52, you're probably right. I forget that at 35 there are a couple of generations behind me that either only remember the 90's when NU was awesome and OU sucked or the 00's when OU was awesome and NU sucked. They never lived the rivalry and sweated through those games so they don't have the respect or nostalgia.

Plus, I'm getting old therefore I think kids these days are just not raised to be good sports and to respect other fans.

Klegg, most of us up here are as anxious to forget the Callajerkenberger era as you guys are to forget Smellslikebourbon or Blank.

My head sees the reasons behind going to the Big 10. My heart will always be with the Big 8 though.

so you're saying you guys are gonna fall for the "games over when the clock hits 00:00" trick two years in a row?

nealeb
10/14/2010, 02:36 PM
MY POOP STINKS! U RANG?:D

can't believe i found this funny :)

Veritas
10/14/2010, 03:11 PM
so you're saying you guys are gonna fall for the "games over when the clock hits 00:00" trick two years in a row?
****. Ok when they're on the bus headed home.

soonerboomer93
10/14/2010, 03:17 PM
just remember, they're texas

the stink, it lingers...

The Profit
10/14/2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think it will even be close. I see the the Corn Pluckers as 28 point victors.

badger
10/14/2010, 03:50 PM

I have already Jerry-rigged the Jerry-world clock so that it sticks to 0:01 at the end of the fourth quarter for when we meet the Bugeaters.

That way, when the scoreboard reads 77-0 after the Sooner victory over Nebbish, it will be doubly painful to leave for the Big Ten.