PDA

View Full Version : Why is Oregon getting all the love they are getting?

OU_Sooners75
10/13/2010, 01:37 PM
I just do not understand it.

So far, they have played just one team (out of 6) with a winning record (Stanford).

Their opponents combined record is an amazing 13-22. Their future opponents combined record is an astounding 20-18 at this point in time.

I just do not understand how they can even be considered to be the second best team in the nation by so many people right now.

I hope to god, there are like 5-6 undefeated teams at the end of the season....blow this BCS bull**** away!

Okie35
10/13/2010, 01:40 PM
To be honest they deserve it more than tOSU but its ok I'm sure Ohio State will not be talked about much after this weekend when they lose.

soonerbrat
10/13/2010, 01:41 PM
oregon schmoregon

tommieharris91
10/13/2010, 01:44 PM
Because they score a crapton of points.

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 01:44 PM
Phil Knight.

Cornfed
10/13/2010, 01:46 PM
Because they played Tennessee a hardfought game :P

soonerborn30
10/13/2010, 01:49 PM
Because their offense resembles what I could barely manage on XBOX. That and their uniforms are sweet.

ouduckhunter
10/13/2010, 01:54 PM
ESpin and everybody else gets sucked into the razzle dazzle that is Oreygone! Yes, they are undefeated so far, and yes, they have several good players, but I think the man love starts with all of their ghey little uniforms and helmets that they change out 5 times a game. Their Disney mascot doing pushups literally just seems to push them over the edge too! Everytime that they come out here for GameDay, which unfortunately has been fairly often the past few years, they get great weather too! They just go crazy over the weather, seem to thing that it's nice like that all the time, and they practically recruit for the school because they love it so much. I think that they might not want to come out here so often if they had to broadcast on one of our dark, rainy, cold, windy days. Those days suck, and they are very common in the fall and early winter here. If they have to be here at all, I just wish that it would be on one of those kind of days! Pfft on the Quacks!

85sooners
10/13/2010, 02:03 PM
:gary:

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 02:10 PM
I don't know, as much animosity as I harbor for Oregon, it is nice to see ESPN pimping SOMEONE other than UT, USC, UF, and Bama/LSU/other SEC school. I wish tOSU would lose though so we could stop hearing about them. I actually like it that nobody is paying any attention to us right now. Our guys don't have to hear all this hype and deal with that pressure, and it makes it all that much easier for us to sneak up on 'Brasky, assuming they keep winning. It will also make it that much sweeter if we do go on an NC run.

soonercastor
10/13/2010, 03:05 PM
Same question applies to Nebraska; but its somehow good for us that they're getting that love. Can't wait to **** them up.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2010, 03:17 PM
Because no team is that good and they are undefeated and next in line. Also, no one has really figured out how to stop their option and their D has good numbers in the 2nd half of games.

TheMind__Gap
10/13/2010, 03:26 PM
I am pretty sure that their duck works for ESPN. It's in about every single freakin' commercial they air on that channel.

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 03:28 PM
I am pretty sure that their duck works for ESPN. It's in about every single freakin' commercial they air on that channel.

That is a bit unusual how many commercials the Disney character has been in recently.

GKeeper316
10/13/2010, 03:39 PM
the almighty computers will smite them in a couple weeks.

OUinFLA
10/13/2010, 04:20 PM
just wait until jlew starts a thead about them.

Tigeman
10/13/2010, 04:35 PM
I just do not understand it.

So far, they have played just one team (out of 6) with a winning record (Stanford).

Their opponents combined record is an amazing 13-22. Their future opponents combined record is an astounding 20-18 at this point in time.

I just do not understand how they can even be considered to be the second best team in the nation by so many people right now.

I hope to god, there are like 5-6 undefeated teams at the end of the season....blow this BCS bull**** away!

Have you watched them play? When they turn it on, it's like shades of us in 2008. It pains me to say it, but they really are pretty damn good. Their offensive line is just making massive holes, and just pushing people around at will. They've only allowed 2 sacks all season. Their defense is slightly above average.... not great, but more than serviceable! Their second half adjustments are what does it for them. There's things you can see about a team when you watch them play, never mind who their opponent is. And Oregon is good. I'm not saying they'll win out, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do.

I hate the Ducks as much as any other Sooner Fan, but I'll give credit where it's do (except to *). You wanna gripe about ESPiN being on someone's Jock, gripe about tOSU... as they aren't even in the same class as Bama, or Oregon if you ask me.

Okie35
10/13/2010, 04:41 PM
Have you watched them play? When they turn it on, it's like shades of us in 2008. It pains me to say it, but they really are pretty damn good. Their offensive line is just making massive holes, and just pushing people around at will. They've only allowed 2 sacks all season. Their defense is slightly above average.... not great, but more than serviceable! Their second half adjustments are what does it for them. There's things you can see about a team when you watch them play, never mind who their opponent is. And Oregon is good. I'm not saying they'll win out, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do.

I hate the Ducks as much as any other Sooner Fan, but I'll give credit where it's do (except to *). You wanna gripe about ESPiN being on someone's Jock, gripe about tOSU... as they aren't even in the same class as Bama, or Oregon if you ask me.

Yup and I would make a thread about them losing this weekend but it wouldn't be that big of an upset to me. Pryor has never played well against Wisconsin and always got bailed out by special teams and defense. He got 1 game winning td off an 11 yard run but averaged 1.2 yards a carry that game.

bigfatjerk
10/13/2010, 04:42 PM
They score a bunch of points really fast.

NormanPride
10/13/2010, 04:48 PM
They score a bunch of points in the 4th quarter for some reason. I think every game they're really close until about 5 minutes left, then 18 turnovers and big plays later they win by 20. I've never seen anything like it.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2010, 04:58 PM
They score a bunch of points in the 4th quarter for some reason. I think every game they're really close until about 5 minutes left, then 18 turnovers and big plays later they win by 20. I've never seen anything like it.

And they stop giving up points late too. Yes, I'm a bit envious, but hopeful OU will start doing these things as well.

goingoneight
10/13/2010, 04:58 PM
I'm not used to taking Oregon seriously. I think it's a combination of UO being good, and the defenses they're playing are bad. As stated above, it's a lot like OUr 2008 team, but OUr 2008 offense was literally just a pro-style offense with All-Americans and seniors littered through the three deep. They run a zone-read offense that is very crisp at executing and the defenses they've faced either suck or don't have the athletes to keep up with them.

I think with a month to prepare for it, Bama or OU's only question against Oregon would be the million dollar question, and that is 'what does Oregon have to say to the opponent's offense?' Remember that if you're playing for an MNC, you get a month to prepare for it.

Oregon crept up on USC the last few years in the athletic aspect of it, and now with the coaching and NCAA shakeup, we're talking about the new PAC 10 powerhouse. Kids want to go there for the crazy uniforms, the loud stadium and it's easier academically there according to most reports. Still, I take the team that can play the best defense in any championship game, and UO leaves much to be desired there still. Not to suggest we're ready to play championship-level defense yet, just sayin.

Okie35
10/13/2010, 05:01 PM

I've seen it offensively but I've never seen anything like how their defense is ... they make immediate 2nd half adjustments.

Tigeman
10/13/2010, 05:52 PM
I've seen it offensively but I've never seen anything like how their defense is ... they make immediate 2nd half adjustments.

Yep wish we could this year! :O

ThinMan
10/13/2010, 05:56 PM
Who should be #1 if not Oregon?
Ohio State?
Nebraska?
Boise State?

Not a lot of great choices out there. People complain that this isn't a NC caliber OU team, but considering everyone else, we fit right in at the top.