PDA

View Full Version : Good but not great...

nolesooner1984
10/13/2010, 01:14 PM
Having to make the switch from OUinsider to soonerfans is going to be a tough one. So many great posters from the other board. I hope that at least most of them can make the transition.

That board was a lot of fun, but hopefully we can make this one exciting too.

Here's to something new! :pop:

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 01:34 PM
Every time I've gone to the homepage, there have been more and more people viewing the boards, mainly the football one. It looks like this board is set up pretty similar to OUI, what with embedding and stuff. Still don't know why my avatar won't show up though.

Anyway, here's to merging with the SF crew!

OU_Sooners75
10/13/2010, 01:38 PM
This board is great.

I have an account over there, and never really like it. No offense to anyone from there.

This place is a lot more laid back than OUI was.

deweydw
10/13/2010, 01:41 PM
http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/8/6/7/4/7/ar125676182574768.jpg

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 01:43 PM
This board is great.

I have an account over there, and never really like it. No offense to anyone from there.

That should make Rom, Bjorn, socali, and the IW crew happy

NormanPride
10/13/2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, this place doesn't have the same info as OUI, but we have tons more character. And we have our share of in-the-know people.

If jkm says something, most likely it's true. Same with skull and 04 about basketball.

CatfishSooner
10/13/2010, 01:45 PM
welcome...

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 01:45 PM
I'm wondering whether it will be worth it to keep my OUI pay account. I have rivals as well, so it might be time to just let it go...

85sooners
10/13/2010, 01:46 PM
:cool: welcome fellow sooners!

btk108
10/13/2010, 01:46 PM
avy's are turned off during football.......slows things wayyyy down

NormanPride
10/13/2010, 01:49 PM
I'm wondering whether it will be worth it to keep my OUI pay account. I have rivals as well, so it might be time to just let it go...

I will most likely cancel as well. I can't believe Brian actually called posters "worthless" and "idiot/trash". That's not a company I want to support.

Sooners78
10/13/2010, 02:20 PM
I will most likely cancel as well. I can't believe Brian actually called posters "worthless" and "idiot/trash". That's not a company I want to support.

No doubt, I hope OUI fails bigtime after he posted that crap!

BillyBall
10/13/2010, 02:21 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Karen Owens powerpoint.

fdubzou
10/13/2010, 02:26 PM

Yeah, that was really out of line. Without those "idiot" posters there'd only be like 50 of us that actually pay and post on that site. I liked the set up, those looking to have fun mixed with their CFB discussions could go to OF, and the elitists that didn't like us idiots could go to the pay section of the site. Now that its all pay, all I'm getting is James' stuff and what I'm assuming will be a select few posters that continue on with the site. I get inside info from rivals, too. I do, however, enjoy reading posts by canyoneer, soonersurs (Jonathan Miller's father), and SoonerPeace, so I'll have to see what they end up doing/if I get similar stuff over here before I full on cancel.

Jello Biafra
10/13/2010, 02:28 PM
sounds a lot like the way things happened when SI went tits up.....who remembers that dooshbag mod openacan from SI?!?!?

i wanna choke him/

OUby35
10/13/2010, 02:29 PM
I used to use them but found this board have more respectful and knowledgeable members. What happened to them? Are they shutting down?

Jello Biafra
10/13/2010, 02:30 PM
I used to use them but found this board have more respectful and knowledgeable members. What happened to them? Are they shutting down?

to sooners ILL?

they went down several years ago

Jello Biafra
10/13/2010, 02:35 PM
in fact, didn't they merge with insider?

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2010, 02:36 PM
Look out for the filthy Horns on this site ...

OH WAIT !!!

fadada1
10/13/2010, 02:37 PM
anyone know where the new folks can get a SOONER ringtone?????

:D

instigator
10/13/2010, 02:45 PM
anyone know where the new folks can get a SOONER ringtone?????

NorCal Sooner
10/13/2010, 03:16 PM

I'd dump it.

swardboy
10/13/2010, 07:02 PM
Why DO they call him AD? After all, his name is Adrian Peterson....

landrun
10/13/2010, 09:25 PM
OUI posters posting here now??? Seriously? I heard these guys were "worthless". :D

.... There goes the neighborhood. :( ;) :D

DenverSooner751
10/13/2010, 10:15 PM
Where can I find the Studdard Thread?
I also need a ringtone....

LOL, seems like all anyone ever asked about a few years ago. Though that thread was epic.

I never went to OUI. I started on SF in.....2006 I think, maybe it was 2005. I don't post a ton but love the group here. A LOT of good characters, and plenty of laughs.

sooneron
10/13/2010, 10:17 PM
Having to make the switch from OUinsider to soonerfans is going to be a tough one. So many great posters from the other board. I hope that at least most of them can make the transition.

If you don't think you like it...

http://www.wordforge.net/images/smilies/CurlyBill.jpg

StoopTroup
10/13/2010, 10:30 PM
How many homos you bringing over from oui?

We are all cool with it so there's no need to feel us up....just come on out of the closet now if your ghey. Even ghey posters can make a place fabulous. :D

sooneron
10/13/2010, 10:35 PM
How many homos you bringing over from oui?

We are all cool with it so there's no need to feel us up....just come on out of the closet now if your ghey. Even ghey posters can make a place fabulous. :D

and you need to check your spek, fag.:D

bssooner
10/13/2010, 10:47 PM
I have been on OUinsider for a solid 10 years it seems, or around the time message boards became popular and it was created. Just registered here today when I clued into the 247 stuff, and going pay. Hopefully this site will fill my OU fix as I visited OUinsider usually everyday.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2010, 10:49 PM

It's probably not my place to say this, but this board has been and is fun and exciting. You don't go into a new bar after yours burns down and announce to everyone, "Gee our old bar was really great but maybe all of us new guys can make this joint worth drinking at." It kind of makes you come across as a tool.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2010, 10:50 PM
I have been on OUinsider for a solid 10 years it seems, or around the time message boards became popular and it was created. Just registered here today when I clued into the 247 stuff, and going pay. Hopefully this site will fill my OU fix as I visited OUinsider usually everyday.

<--------------

Yeah, you can waste plenty of time here. ;)

soonerinkaty
10/13/2010, 10:54 PM
GTFO n00bs. You're tracking dirt on the new carpet.

OUkid
10/13/2010, 11:30 PM
Should have come over years ago.... good riddance to OUI

ouwasp
10/13/2010, 11:54 PM
I don't post a ton but love the group here. A LOT of good characters, and plenty of laughs.[/QUOTE]

This is true. :)

Memtig14
10/13/2010, 11:58 PM
Pay no attention.........

I just couldn't remember how many posts I had over here.

Memtig14
10/13/2010, 11:58 PM
I've been reset!!!

OUCH!

PCSooner
10/14/2010, 12:09 AM
OUI Refugee here. As far as I'm concerned as long as it's a Sooner board and not an aggie or texas board then all is good.

Jack Schmidt
10/14/2010, 12:17 AM
OUI Refugee here. As far as I'm concerned as long as it's a Sooner board and not an aggie or texas board then all is good.

This

Sooner in Tampa
10/14/2010, 06:15 AM
That should make Rom, Bjorn, socali, and the IW crew happy
OH good lord...please tell me socali is not on his way with his band of dip****s!!!

deweydw
10/14/2010, 06:54 AM
OUI posters posting here now??? Seriously? I heard these guys were "worthless". :D

.... There goes the neighborhood. :( ;) :D

OUI? Isn't that a prono magazine?

sooner518
10/14/2010, 07:29 AM

As often as Lid posts here, sometimes you might think its a * board.....:D

tcrb
10/14/2010, 07:55 AM
Well, I for one, am glad that SF exists. I hate to admit it, but I didn't know about it before the meltdown on oui began yesterday. oui is the only Sooner message board I ever frequented and until now, it had always met my needs. Lots of good posters over there and I even enjoyed some of the dewsch bag trolls that provided comic relief.

My first impression of SF is that there are alot of good folks here as well, and so far I feel right at home. I think I agree with the baylor fan (didn't even know that baylor had fans), in that nole's post might be taken as a little offensive by a few, but I also understand what he's going through right now. Us oui migrants feel a little like we just got kicked in the nuts and are still reeling a bit from the sudden change. I know him to be a good poster from oui and a solid Sooner fan. I dont think he meant to throw out anything negative about this board.

In any case, I appreciate the hospitality that most of the SF regulars are extending and hope that the "oui invasion of 2010" turns out to be a good thing for SF and that OUr presence enhances this board in a good way.

Sooners78
10/14/2010, 08:10 AM
Does SF still have their famous tailgate? I stopped by for the 2004 Oregon game, and it was great. Everyone there had nametags with their SoonerFan screen names. It was about a block south of Lindsey on the east side of Jenkins.

josh09
10/14/2010, 08:13 AM

You mean MORE exciting :)

TexasLidig8r
10/14/2010, 08:20 AM
As often as Lid posts here, sometimes you might think its a * board.....:D

Someone has to bring intelligent insight and witty retorts into this otherwise dreary and gray world. The fact of the matter is...

You want me on that wall.

You need me on that wall.

DeaconBoomer
10/14/2010, 08:23 AM
This board is great.

This is good to hear. No offense taken. Glad to be here!

olevetonahill
10/14/2010, 10:38 AM
sounds a lot like the way things happened when SI went tits up.....who remembers that dooshbag mod openacan from SI?!?!?

i wanna choke him/

Man that dude was a Big time dooshbag , Couldnt drank worth a shat, had no class whatever ;)

Jello Biafra
10/14/2010, 10:40 AM
Man that dude was a Big time dooshbag , Couldnt drank worth a shat, had no class whatever ;)

i know thassss right.

olevetonahill
10/14/2010, 10:41 AM
It's probably not my place to say this, but this board has been and is fun and exciting. You don't go into a new bar after yours burns down and announce to everyone, "Gee our old bar was really great but maybe all of us new guys can make this joint worth drinking at." It kind of makes you come across as a tool.

And Sic knocks it out the Park
Good jorb ;)

soonergolfer
10/14/2010, 10:44 AM
just converted from Insider as well. New name tho

nolesooner1984
10/14/2010, 10:48 AM
what was your old name soonergolfer?

Mississippi Sooner
10/14/2010, 10:48 AM
It just occurred to me, OUI's new policy is not unlike little brother's policy of making people buy season tickets if they want to see the Bedlam game.

Great strategy, there. Working out great for the pukes.

C&CDean
10/14/2010, 10:49 AM
Does SF still have their famous tailgate? I stopped by for the 2004 Oregon game, and it was great. Everyone there had nametags with their SoonerFan screen names. It was about a block south of Lindsey on the east side of Jenkins.

They're even more greater nowadays. We've moved to the parking lot of the Casa Blanca building on the corner of Jenkins and Boyd. We don't do the nametags anymore since we've grown to over 100 people showing up.

IMO, the thing that seperates SF.com from all the other boards is the fellowship of many of the members. On this board, many of us know each other (primarily through the tailgates) and have become good friends. Every year, several first-time tailgaters show up and the family continues to grow...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2010, 10:50 AM
some of us have become more than friends...

Sooner in Tampa
10/14/2010, 10:51 AM
some of us have become more than friends...
Yeah...some are friends with benefits :P

SoonerAtKU
10/14/2010, 10:53 AM
Someone has to bring intelligent insight and witty retorts into this otherwise dreary and gray world. The fact of the matter is...

You want me on that wall.

You need me on that wall.

I know you ordered the Code Baby**** Orange.

OUinFLA
10/14/2010, 10:59 AM
I think I agree with the baylor fan (didn't even know that baylor had fans), .........

Pay no attention to SicEm. No one else does.

On the other hand if he starts a thread, be sure to read it. Most of his have provided hours of amusement at his own expense. He's the Baylor ambassador of goodwill and unusually lame judgement.