PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin

diegosooner
10/13/2010, 09:55 AM
has been a stud during preseason. Hope it continues in the regular season and he wins ROY over John Wall of the Washington Wiz...er ..Bullets.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/13/2010, 10:17 AM
Yep.

:pop:

badger
10/13/2010, 10:35 AM
Speaking of the Clips, Willie Warren has not played at all during the preseason apparently due to a groin strain or something. He was a second-rounder, so his entire contract is not guaranteed, but apparently $100k of it is guaranteed, so that might be a reason to keep him around... that and perhaps BG and WW are BFF for all I know :)

Wish 'em both the best.

oumartin
10/13/2010, 10:54 AM
WW ridin' BG coattails again.

ouleaf
10/13/2010, 12:35 PM
So is Blake still eligible for ROY stuff this year? Wall will definitely provide some good competition for that honor.

badger
10/13/2010, 12:44 PM
So is Blake still eligible for ROY stuff this year? Wall will definitely provide some good competition for that honor.

Yup. Not sure if this has ever happened before for an injury season, but I am pretty sure that "rookie" season and award considerations are a player's first season in actual regular season games. For example, David Robinson was selected in the '87 Draft (I think) but was Rookie of the Year in 1990... I think.

Hopefully BG won't have to keep carrying around that stupid Dora backpack though -- give that job to Willie!

http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/1118Blake1.jpg

primetime43
10/13/2010, 01:48 PM
His first real game can' t come fast enough!

Mad Dog Madsen
10/13/2010, 02:06 PM
Yup. Not sure if this has ever happened before for an injury season

Yes, it has happend before. Greg Oden was eligible like 3 times for ROY.

fwsooner22
10/13/2010, 02:19 PM

Probably STILL eligible !

yankee
10/13/2010, 07:26 PM

Probably STILL eligible !

i bet he's also eligible for social security...

SanJoaquinSooner
10/13/2010, 10:50 PM
It's a definite yes. Since he did not play in a single regular season game, Blake is eligible.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2010, 03:25 AM
i bet he's also eligible for social security...

At this point I wouldn't bet on him not being eligible for SSDI or regular SS.

badger
10/14/2010, 05:27 PM
btw, in case anyone's curious, older brother Tay Tay is now in Belgium as part of...bmmm... Liege Basket. Signed with them back in July. My guess is he's gonna make six figures overseas for a few years and then have his med school entirely paid for when he's done :D

No word on where Tiny will end up. Probably not the NBA. Not sure if WW will make the Clips or not, but he hasn't been cut yet, it looks like.

I have seen absolutely nothing on Tommy Mason-Griffin.

the_ouskull
10/14/2010, 08:19 PM
Great write-up on Blake, by the way.

http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/10/14/checking-in-on-blake-griffin/

the_ouskull

ouleaf
10/14/2010, 09:54 PM
Great write-up on Blake, by the way.

http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/10/14/checking-in-on-blake-griffin/

the_ouskull

Definitely good analysis. If he can knock down that mid-range jumper consistently and up the FT% a bit, he can be a top 20 player in the league very soon.

Collier11
10/15/2010, 12:46 AM
Im figuring 18 and 11 for Blake if he stays healthy

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2010, 03:06 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20101015,0,2401604.story

the_ouskull
10/15/2010, 04:19 PM
Im figuring 18 and 11 for Blake if he stays healthy

Yeah, but if you gave me the reverse of that, and 4-1 odds, I'd take that too. (11 and 18) I think that, once he's playing with the first-stringers on a night-in, night-out basis, he'll look to score less... at least this season. He's going to dunk the sh*t out of the ball this year, though. His cuts and footwork make even bad passers look decent.

the_ouskull

stoopified
10/15/2010, 04:37 PM
Yup. Not sure if this has ever happened before for an injury season, but I am pretty sure that "rookie" season and award considerations are a player's first season in actual regular season games. For example, David Robinson was selected in the '87 Draft (I think) but was Rookie of the Year in 1990... I think.

Hopefully BG won't have to keep carrying around that stupid Dora backpack though -- give that job to Willie!

http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/1118Blake1.jpgWonder why Blake didn't tell 'em to stuff that nonsense,he was there to play basketball.After all taking the whole Clippers team to dinner would have to come in under 55K. :D

Collier11
10/15/2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, but if you gave me the reverse of that, and 4-1 odds, I'd take that too. (11 and 18) I think that, once he's playing with the first-stringers on a night-in, night-out basis, he'll look to score less... at least this season. He's going to dunk the sh*t out of the ball this year, though. His cuts and footwork make even bad passers look decent.

the_ouskull

Lead the league in Off Rebounds?

ouleaf
10/15/2010, 05:26 PM

Looks like Randolph grabbed the most last year with 330. After that there was a pretty significant dropoff to Howard with 285 or so. It looks like the past few years around 300 or so has led the league, but there some crazy numbers put up a while back by the likes of Rodman, Barkley, M. Malone where they would come down with 400 to sometimes well over 500.

300 over a 82 game season would be like 3.7orpg. I'm not sure if he'll lead the league just yet, but he'll definitely be near the top i think.

the_ouskull
10/15/2010, 11:12 PM

Not while Marcus Camby, and Reggie Evans, and Cheeseburger Randolph, and Dwight Howard, and David Lee's in Oakland now... I don't think Blake will out-oboard those guys just yet... but those are some excellent offensive rebounders that we're talking about, and we're already talking about him with them. I think it's time to slow down. Until he learns to conserve his energy a bit better, he's going to give up the occasional rebound from tugging on his shorts. He's potentially great, but for now, he's just good with potential. Let's see where he is in December... Then we dance.

the_ouskull

Blue
10/16/2010, 04:17 AM
He'll be a star. Go Blake.

starrca23
10/16/2010, 05:17 PM
I will be in Atlanta when Blake plays the Hawks. I'm thinking it shoud be pretty easy to get some good seats for that game...

Serge Ibaka
10/17/2010, 11:45 AM
Last October, I bought Clipper/Thunder tickets just 2 days before Blake hurt himself.

I'm excited to finally see him on the court.

The highlights that I have seen have been amazing. His size, strength, hustle, and speed is just so well suited for the NBA. Having Kaman at the 5 will benefit him a lot too.

Do the Clippers have an outside shot at the playoffs? It seems like they might if Baron Davis plays well. I'd watch a lot of LAC games if I had the chance...they'll never be on cable!

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2010, 02:21 PM
I believe the clippers will be on NBA-TV tuesday night.

Collier11
10/18/2010, 02:22 AM
Ive got tix to the game when they come to OKC, cant wait to see him play again

Serge Ibaka
10/18/2010, 11:04 AM
Ive got tix to the game when they come to OKC, cant wait to see him play again

Ditto. I'm going to yell really loud for him.

I still hope his team loses by 50 though.

badger
10/18/2010, 03:32 PM
Wonder why Blake didn't tell 'em to stuff that nonsense,he was there to play basketball.After all taking the whole Clippers team to dinner would have to come in under 55K. :D

The article that accompanied the pic seemed to suggest that Blake just wanted to be accepted and normal and one of the guys... hard to do when you're the #1 draft pick for a franchise that needs a hero

KNEE BRACE
10/18/2010, 04:04 PM
BD and eric gordon are not going to leave enough shots around for blake to score 18 a game unless he can dunk 9 offensive rebounds a game. Which I wouldn't put past him.

I think we'll see something like 12-9

Serge Ibaka
10/18/2010, 04:13 PM
BD and eric gordon are not going to leave enough shots around for blake to score 18 a game unless he can dunk 9 offensive rebounds a game. Which I wouldn't put past him.

Depends upon coaching and BD's attitude. But, i tend to agree with you: the Clips might have too many scoring options to get Blake that many shots. Still, Blake can pick up tons of trash-buckets in transition and off boards. 15 or 16 (and 10) isn't unreasonable.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/19/2010, 08:52 PM
I believe the clippers will be on NBA-TV tuesday night.

sorry. my sources tell me blake did not participate in the shoot-around earlier and won't play tonight as a precautionary measure due to a tweaked ankle.

badger
10/20/2010, 10:32 AM

He played around some good shooters at OU. He still got his points from just being himself. My guess is he's been waiting so long to compete again (and he's a nice guy) so he probably won't care about stats

Eielson
10/20/2010, 12:55 PM

So you're saying he'll dunk 6 offensive rebounds?

badger
10/20/2010, 01:44 PM
So you're saying he'll dunk 6 offensive rebounds?

Courtney Paris would miss the first, then hit the second... you know to get two rebounds instead of one :)

Love you, CP3! :D

Mad Dog Madsen
10/20/2010, 02:24 PM
Courtney Paris would miss the first, then hit the second... you know to get two rebounds instead of one :)

Love you, CP3! :D

Where the heck is CP3 nowadays???

badger
10/20/2010, 02:43 PM
Where the heck is CP3 nowadays???

A majority of professional womens bball players play overseas. There just isn't very many opportunities here in the states as there is overseas for some reason. Perhaps with the growth of the college game there will be more roster sports (and more teams) in the future. During a declining economy where even the big boy leagues like the NFL and NBA are struggling financially and cutting staff and trying to renegotiate big player contracts... probably not.

OU currently has no alums in the WNBA. CP3 was with the Sky, but was cut in favor for fellow Sooner (and CP3's protege) Abi Olajuwon. Phoenix had both Nyeshia Stevenson and Ashley Paris at one point, but both were cut in the preseason. Tulsa's first round draft pick was Amanda Thompson, who like Abi, was cut mid-season.

This really doesn't mean they're not good enough to play professionally. It just means that there are very few roster spots and most are taken by seasoned veterans who will probably never retire.

the_ouskull
10/20/2010, 03:48 PM
Quick note from the "Skull is an *sshole that posts a lot of advanced stats that most people don't know about, much less understand" department:

Blake's per/48 averages during the preseason come out to 28 and 20. Niiice.

...and now back to your regularly-scheduled discussion about women's basketball that was about 158 words longer than it needed to be. (I love ya, Badg! :D)

the_ouskull

badger
10/20/2010, 04:20 PM
...and now back to your regularly-scheduled discussion about women's basketball that was about 158 words longer than it needed to be. (I love ya, Badg! :D)

Nah, I was just answering a question. I'll save my bloggin' till November.

Back to Blake, I noticed that he's with that stupid former Dookie (Jon Scheyer I think?) who's one of four Rookies still with the Clips. I counted the roster on their main site - 17 players. They need to be down to 15 in time for the regular season, methinks.

With Griff's spot sealed, I'm curious to see if fellow ex-Sooner Willie Warren will get cut or not. Nothing out there on the google news wire.

Speaking of ex-Sooners, Tiny Gallon has a non-guaranteed deal (whatever the eff that means) with the Celtics. Link here. (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/10/celtics_take_a_1.html)

As for TMG, it's like he's dropped off the face of the planet. The only time he's mentioned is when it's about someone else, as in "Blake Griffin never teamed with TMG." or "The Sooners no longer have TMG." or "The NBA Draft selected 60 players, none of whom were named TMG."

Serge Ibaka
10/20/2010, 06:22 PM
Nah, I was just answering a question. I'll save my bloggin' till November.

Back to Blake, I noticed that he's with that stupid former Dookie (Jon Scheyer I think?) who's one of four Rookies still with the Clips. I counted the roster on their main site - 17 players. They need to be down to 15 in time for the regular season, methinks.

With Griff's spot sealed, I'm curious to see if fellow ex-Sooner Willie Warren will get cut or not. Nothing out there on the google news wire.

Speaking of ex-Sooners, Tiny Gallon has a non-guaranteed deal (whatever the eff that means) with the Celtics. Link here. (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/10/celtics_take_a_1.html)

As for TMG, it's like he's dropped off the face of the planet. The only time he's mentioned is when it's about someone else, as in "Blake Griffin never teamed with TMG." or "The Sooners no longer have TMG." or "The NBA Draft selected 60 players, none of whom were named TMG."

There's no way that Gallon has an NBA (or even NBDL) future, is there? Either way, can't imagine he takes a spot on Boston's roster.

As for Willie: ESPN currently has him in the 15-man depth chart. But he's only played in 1 preseason game (logging 1 steal and a foul in 6 minutes). Has he been healthy? That doesn't bode well.

We can all agree that Blake is going to be awesome though.

ouleaf
10/21/2010, 08:43 AM
...and now back to your regularly-scheduled discussion about women's basketball that was about 158 words longer than it needed to be.

agreed

badger
10/21/2010, 08:49 AM
agreed

sorry :O

badger
10/23/2010, 11:26 AM
By the way, ESPN hired Marvel to help with their NBA preview issue - guess what they did with the LA Clippers:

http://i52.tinypic.com/eprktj.jpg

BLAKE SMASH! :eek:

if you want to see any of the other teams, let me know and I'll post screen shots

Eielson
10/23/2010, 12:24 PM
if you want to see any of the other teams, let me know and I'll post screen shots

Lakers!

Serge Ibaka
10/23/2010, 01:10 PM

Thunder!

Collier11
10/23/2010, 01:14 PM
VANCOUVER!

badger
10/23/2010, 03:18 PM
Lakers here (http://i53.tinypic.com/2q2oft4.jpg) (Kobe as Iron Man)
Thunder here (http://i55.tinypic.com/m8g3vc.jpg) (KD as Thor)
Grizzlies here (http://i54.tinypic.com/2dtdg1t.jpg)(Captain America)

Collier11
10/23/2010, 04:17 PM
That KD pic is awesome

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2010, 04:26 PM
Odd. The Grizzlies started out in Canada...

yankee
10/23/2010, 05:19 PM
Odd. The Grizzlies started out in Canada...

doncha know, they rool the streetz of memphis. wild bears. scary stuff.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2010, 05:28 PM
I know when I think of Mississippi, I think of Black Bears. Rebel Black Bears. Maybe they have Grizzlies in Tennessee.

the_ouskull
10/23/2010, 06:12 PM
I know when I think of Mississippi, I think of Black Bears. Rebel Black Bears. Maybe they have Grizzlies in Tennessee.

I think of traps.

Sin,

http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/olemissackbar-550x343.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
10/30/2010, 04:12 PM
Recommendation: Two games, two double-doubles for the rookie. There's not much to complain about at this point, as he looks like a fantasy beast already, although his 54.5 free-throw percentage (6-for-11) is obviously less than ideal. Other than that, however, Griffin owners have to be quite pleased.

(Rotowire.

blake looks great , although he does looked gassed in the second half. May be a bit short on conditioning after sitting out a year.

the_ouskull
10/30/2010, 07:00 PM
He's REAL short on his conditioning right now. The NBA game is longer, yes, but I don't remember him being such a short-tugger at OU. Maybe it was because teams were always calling time-outs to shut the crowd up after Blake just dunked again, but still... he's got to either learn to conserve energy on the court, or build up his reserves past where they are now. Being tired = stupid fouls, and Blake can't afford stupid fouls this year if he wants to see the court, and continue to help out my "Evil Shenanigans" fantasy basketball team.

the_ouskull

Collier11
10/30/2010, 07:04 PM
problem is that he is a VERY HIGH energy player and its funny saying that is a problem

diegosooner
11/5/2010, 01:04 PM
yeah, with 82 games, many back-to-back, you gotta pace yourself to match your conditioning, I would think.

badger
11/5/2010, 04:49 PM
Blake did insane workouts to prepare for the NBA, so I wouldn't sell him short on being able to last 82 games. Like Sammie, the time off due to injury probably just made him stronger, not weaker.

Token pic of svelte Blake:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2hqau04.jpg

picasso
11/6/2010, 12:53 AM
The beefy/gazelle guys slim down a bit in the pro game. Ala Cornelius Williamson (I know it's Corliss but I always called him Cornelius).;)

pappy
11/6/2010, 06:07 PM
Lakers here (http://i53.tinypic.com/2q2oft4.jpg) (Kobe as Iron Man)
Thunder here (http://i55.tinypic.com/m8g3vc.jpg) (KD as Thor)
Grizzlies here (http://i54.tinypic.com/2dtdg1t.jpg)(Captain America)

is there a website you found these at? I'd like to see all the teams.

badger
11/16/2010, 12:40 PM
Yep, he got ejected.

RdWF3luMGKI

Clips are now 1-10. BG once again gets attacked and does not retaliate. Alas, the wins just aren't following his performances. But, BG still making us proud character-wise and stat-wise.

Pappy, I got those via my ESPN Insider subscription and just took screenshots to share 'em here. If you subscribe to ESPN magazine you also get Insider online (It was a gift). If you have a favorite Marvel hero, it probably got featured. Let me know if there's a particular hero or team you want to see and I'll try to look 'em up again.

CowboyMRW
11/16/2010, 01:01 PM
Man the guy was a good pickup on my fantasy team. Many wondered how he would be after his injury last year but so far so good.

I love when Oklahoma kids excel in the pros. It makes the state look good.

Although I hated that he played for OU and that we possibly could've landed him, I respect the guy's talent and his demeanor. He's always calm and collected and never retaliates to another person. Can't fault a person for that.

Good luck to him throughout his career

the_ouskull
11/16/2010, 07:43 PM
You couldn't have possibly landed him. You didn't have his brother.

Aggies. Geez.

And you're absolutely right about Oklahoman's in the pros. You're also right about how proud we are that Blake represents himself, and OU, the way that he does. And, in case you haven't seen this video - he could give Mike Gundy a run for his funny, and that's saying something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_OjY4SKXE

Sucks to be orange, no doubt, but you seem like you might be one of those rare, rational ones. I picked Blake up too. I knew he'd crush offensive boards and overall rebounding, and I figured he'd shoot a high percentage, and improve his free throws. So far, so great.

Welcome to Soonerfans...

the_ouskull

CowboyMRW
11/16/2010, 07:51 PM
You couldn't have possibly landed him. You didn't have his brother.

Aggies. Geez.

And you're absolutely right about Oklahoman's in the pros. You're also right about how proud we are that Blake represents himself, and OU, the way that he does. And, in case you haven't seen this video - he could give Mike Gundy a run for his funny, and that's saying something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_OjY4SKXE

Sucks to be orange, no doubt, but you seem like you might be one of those rare, rational ones. I picked Blake up too. I knew he'd crush offensive boards and overall rebounding, and I figured he'd shoot a high percentage, and improve his free throws. So far, so great.

Welcome to Soonerfans...

the_ouskull

I know that we didn't have his brother. But what's done is done.

Thanks for the welcome

badger
11/17/2010, 06:29 PM
I miss BG. Here's a moment from his last game as a Sooner I'll never forget:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/ut9099/hansbrough-motivator.gif
GIF still courtesy of OUHoops, fark still courtesy of HeyBC. :)

the_ouskull
11/17/2010, 06:49 PM
Now we need side-by-side gifs with this one and one of Blake dunking from that game. Make that three gifs, total.

Left Gif: See above.
Left Caption: Slam Dunk

Middle Gif: This video, whittled down to him saying "Correction." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2Zr9clLDI
Middle Caption: n/a

Right Gif: (either the dunk at 0:37, or the one at 1:04) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2Zr9clLDI
Right Caption: Slam Dunk!

Now, who's better than I am at the necessary programs to bring my imagination to life? (The correct answer is "everybody," in case anybody's wondering...)

the_ouskull

Collier11
11/17/2010, 07:30 PM
Confused, those are Chappelle show clips?

Collier11
11/17/2010, 09:13 PM
20 and 10 at halftime tonight

booomer
11/17/2010, 10:01 PM
22 and 15 in the 4th with 10 mins left.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 10:33 PM
26 and 17

booomer
11/17/2010, 10:43 PM
Clippers lose 111 to 113 :(

swardboy
11/18/2010, 09:16 AM
PMI...Pardon My Ignorance, but I assume that Blake went to the worst team in the NBA when he was drafted two years ago. Have the Clippers upgraded much/any since then (aside from Griffin), and how long until they become a real contender do ya think?

Mad Dog Madsen
11/18/2010, 03:04 PM
The Clippers will only contend for worst team in the West. Big Blake needs to get outta there!!! :mad:

Collier11
11/18/2010, 03:05 PM
PMI...Pardon My Ignorance, but I assume that Blake went to the worst team in the NBA when he was drafted two years ago. Have the Clippers upgraded much/any since then (aside from Griffin), and how long until they become a real contender do ya think?

They have a lot of YOUNG talent, very young...I guess we will have to see if it translates to future success or not

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:12 PM
If the team stays together and Vinny does a halfway decent job there then in 2-3 years they will be in the playoffs as a 3 seed

Mad Dog Madsen
11/18/2010, 03:30 PM
Vinny is a terrible coach. He won't be there in 2-3 years. They might make the playoffs by then. They'll probably get like 3 straight #1 picks anyhow.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:48 PM
Vinny is a terrible coach. He won't be there in 2-3 years. They might make the playoffs by then. They'll probably get like 3 straight #1 picks anyhow.

I know he's not very good but all he has to do is manage. They've got talent, albeit young talent. In 2-3 years I can see this team challenging

Blue
11/21/2010, 12:49 AM
Is going off tonight!! 37 pts 12 reb and 7 assists. A dunking clinic. With more minutes to go.

Collier11
11/21/2010, 01:40 AM
44 and 15 tonight, wowsers

soonerbub
11/21/2010, 02:05 AM
holy shizzit that is AWESOME

tommieharris91
11/21/2010, 02:40 AM
Dear God he had some NICE dunks tonight. One of his dunks was basically this.

http://sportsalex.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/blake_griffin.jpg?w=185&h=300

soonerbub
11/21/2010, 03:04 AM
Too bad (for both) that their only win is against the Thunder :(

oumartin
11/21/2010, 07:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lVut7lUao0

OU-HSV
11/21/2010, 10:02 AM
Dear God he had some NICE dunks tonight. One of his dunks was basically this.

http://sportsalex.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/blake_griffin.jpg?w=185&h=300

Yeah he is freakin awesome. He made some of those defenders his b*tch last night

JohnnyMack
11/21/2010, 08:55 PM

Here's another clip...

cqs0Zf_TJ2c

Serge Ibaka
11/22/2010, 01:19 AM

The 2nd dunk is just unbelievable..he has so much body control for a person his size. It's unbelievable.

44 - 15 (and 7 assists!). Granted, the Knicks allow crazy stats for everybody they play, but still!

Blake's so awesome.

ouleaf
11/22/2010, 10:03 AM
Blake has definitely had his share of outstanding hightlights and the season has only just begun. I really, really hope he'll consider participating in the Dunk contest during the All Star weekend. I think it'll be a great move for him, and really give him some exposure on a national level.

...sooner
11/22/2010, 10:23 AM
he is not a human.

Collier11
11/22/2010, 12:44 PM
He is the son of a big strong black guy and a red headed white woman...I think there is something in there that automatically creates super athletes

Serge Ibaka
11/22/2010, 06:51 PM
He is the son of a big strong black guy and a red headed white woman...I think there is something in there that automatically creates super athletes

Well, they're 2 for 2 on sons drafted into the NBA.

Not bad.

swardboy
11/22/2010, 07:15 PM
Well crap....now I'm gonna have to watch some basketball.

instigator
11/22/2010, 07:23 PM
I love that the fans have the same look I had while he played for us. He does things that just don't look natural.

bluedogok
11/22/2010, 10:45 PM
Well crap....now I'm gonna have to watch some basketball.
You can just watch the highlight clips on ESPN.....pretty much what basketball has devolved into.

Blue
12/1/2010, 11:57 PM
This guy is unreal. Check out NBAtv. He's going off again.

instigator
12/2/2010, 12:05 AM
This guy is unreal. Check out NBAtv. He's going off again.

You're not kidding. He is making absolutely silly shots and gorgeous dunks.

SoonerGrant
12/2/2010, 01:29 AM
31-13 tonight in a win over SA. Had a nice ally-oop from half court as well.

sooner518
12/2/2010, 08:35 AM
Blake was the #3 highlight on Sportscenter's Top 10. Except they did 4 highlight plays in one. 3 sweet dunks and a fallaway shot where he slipped on some water on the floor, fell away and just threw up a 15 footer that banked in.

Apparently I dont get NBAtv as I tried to watch last night but couldnt. Hes about the only NBA player I would go out of my way to watch.

sooner59
12/2/2010, 09:31 AM
He was ridiculous last night.

sooner518
12/2/2010, 10:51 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/chris_mannix/12/02/blake.griffin/griffinspurs.jpg
just sickness

badger
12/2/2010, 10:56 AM
Those Clippers fans need to start attending games.

NP is a Spurs fan, but was happy for the Clips and Griff getting a much-needed W. After all the Spurs have as many wins as Clips have losses, so Griffin definitely needed the win more than his Spurs did.

NormanPride
12/2/2010, 11:19 AM
Poor Splitter. Good win for Blake, and I'm not too worried about the Spurs. :)

Collier11
12/2/2010, 12:31 PM
I dont care if he plays for the Clips, if he keeps up at this pace he needs to be an All Star...look at his line thus far in his career

20.7ppg
11.6 rpg
2.7 apg

starclassic tama
12/2/2010, 02:42 PM
awesome. and way better than i even predicted. i knew he was going to be a stud, but i was thinking somewhere around 16 and 9 per game...

ouleaf
12/3/2010, 10:04 AM
I dont care if he plays for the Clips, if he keeps up at this pace he needs to be an All Star...look at his line thus far in his career

20.7ppg
11.6 rpg
2.7 apg

Him being in a large market like LA will help get him a lot of votes, even if he doesn't play for the city's 1st team.

The numbers he is putting up are nothing short of impressive. I was thinking it would be a great season if he could average about 14 and 8.

...sooner
12/3/2010, 04:59 PM
Him being in a large market like LA will help get him a lot of votes, even if he doesn't play for the city's 1st team.

The numbers he is putting up are nothing short of impressive. I was thinking it would be a great season if he could average about 14 and 8.

im trying to win the free trip to the all star game & ive voted for blake in every single one so far. & ive filled out about 500 with many more to come

boomersooner28
12/9/2010, 02:09 AM
Blake nut-checked the top of Lamar Odom's head tonight. Heh. :D

...sooner
12/9/2010, 11:34 AM
Blake nut-checked the top of Lamar Odom's head tonight. Heh. :D

teeheee i hate the fakers anyway! linkyy maybe?

boomersooner28
12/9/2010, 05:42 PM
Still searching but I did find this beauty...fast-forward to a lil after the 9:00 mark. Hilarious! Artest talking about how sick Blake is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l20Z-32ZdkQ

oumartin
12/9/2010, 05:43 PM
Still searching but I did find this beauty...fast-forward to a lil after the 9:00 mark. Hilarious! Artest talking about how sick Blake is.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l20Z-32ZdkQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l20Z-32ZdkQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

what's that you say?

boomersooner28
12/9/2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wHT6EKdnQ

Watch this highlight clip....WOW :D

boomersooner28
12/9/2010, 05:50 PM
what's that you say?

I somehow totally forgot how to embed youtube clips. :confused:

badger
12/9/2010, 05:54 PM
Reminder on how to embed Youtube here:

1- Find video on Youtube. Go to the actual youtube page, don't just look at embeds off other sites.

2- Copy (Ctrl+C or apple key + c for you mac types) the last part of the URL in your web browser window... everything after the equals sign... here's a screen shot:
http://i55.tinypic.com/20ueg4g.png

3- Paste it (CTRL+V) here around brackets like so:

[ youtube ] 2Gagrj9v-uQ [/ youtube]

(take out the spaces)

4- Enjoy!
2Gagrj9v-uQ

ouleaf
12/15/2010, 03:51 PM
Not sure who all else has seen this, or if it's been posted yet, but it looks like Blake's official Website is up and running now. Like the Griffin logo he has too.

http://www.blakegriffin.com/pages/main

badger
12/15/2010, 03:56 PM
Great find! Thanks for posting!

Aldebaran
12/17/2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/12/15/20101215_truenba_griffin_preview.nba/index.html

oumartin
12/18/2010, 10:29 AM
Blake had two of the top 10 NBA plays last night as well. A sweet 360 layup and a pretty nice dunk.

Oh, and they finally won a road game last night

badger
12/18/2010, 11:40 AM
#2 on ESPN's Top Ten this morning:
5uiQEd-4ko0

starrca23
12/18/2010, 02:52 PM
Crazy good...he actually turns and locates the rim before shooting. No luck, all skill.

Sooner95
12/18/2010, 07:41 PM
Indeed, that was crazy! keep it up Griff!

SanJoaquinSooner
12/18/2010, 11:52 PM
the clippers actually won tonight, 100-99 over the bulls.

ouleaf
12/21/2010, 11:25 AM
Had another nice night last night against another Double-Double machine in Kevin Love. At this point Love and Blake both deserve All-Star picks. Hopefully they are both picked despite playing for bad teams

badger
12/21/2010, 12:46 PM
What's their record now? Any outside chance of turning the season around and getting a low playoff spot, even if it means playing the Lake Show in the first round?

(that would be awesome for Blake - they'd call it the B-Lake Show and the announcers would endlessly love him)

Eielson
12/21/2010, 12:52 PM
What's their record now? Any outside chance of turning the season around and getting a low playoff spot, even if it means playing the Lake Show in the first round?

(that would be awesome for Blake - they'd call it the B-Lake Show and the announcers would endlessly love him)

They're 8-21. :O

ouleaf
12/21/2010, 02:57 PM

Yeah I don't think the playoffs are in the cards for the Clippers unless they go on a serious run here in the next month. Their schedule is pretty favorable for January, but gets really tough come Feb. Just don't really see them being able to finish ahead of current 1-8 in the West.

I just hope all the buzz Blake is creating will mean more nationally televised Clipper games next season. They have a handful of NBA TV games and like one game on TNT and the last game of the year on ESPN.

badger
12/21/2010, 03:06 PM
There just aren't enough NBA games on TV, period. We get the Mavs and Thunder here in Tulsa, and whoever ESPN, TNT and the NBA channel choose to televise, if anyone. NP was lamenting last night that his Spurs weren't on. The Bucks were my childhood team, but I'm not really in any team's boat right now, but regardless, the NBA is fun to watch and Blake makes it... funner. Waaay funner. PUT BLAKE ON TV!

E-Town
12/21/2010, 04:34 PM
I usually have to watch Blake on my computer at:

http://www.atdhe.net/

lasooner123
12/21/2010, 06:27 PM
hes gonna be a top 5 player in the league by the end of his first year...impressive

kobe
wade
dwight
griffin
lebron

the_ouskull
12/22/2010, 09:38 AM
No, he's not. Chris Paul, Dirk, Deron Williams, Al Horford, Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudemire, Manu Ginobli, and Kevin Durant are guys, just off of the top of my head, that I'm pretty sure are ahead of Blake in PER.

But, he IS making a pretty good, pretty strong case to be a Top 20 player already. He's Top 20 in PER now, and he's Top 15 in both Value Added and Estimated Wins Added. He is, however, just outside of the Top 20 in Adjusted Win Score.

A few of the things I love about him...

- His rebound rate - he collects 27% of the defensive rebounds that are available on the floor while he's on the floor. He gets almost 20% of ALL rebounds while he's on the floor, in fact. (Good for Top 10 in both categories...)
- His TS% is 54.1, which is just slightly lower than the league average, but considering that Blake isn't shooting any 3's to "help" his percentage there, it becomes even more impressive.
- Also, being 24th in Usage means that the team already trusts him enough to run a lot of the offense through him. (Or it would mean that he's a ball-hog, but we already know better...)
- His TO% is below the league average as well. (11.73 to Blake's 10.84)

But, he's not without issues...

He's still putting up an average of 3 fouls per game. He's also not protecting the basket, with only 0.6 blocks per. Basically, he's not "struggling" defensively, but it's only because of the way that he rebounds the ball. Also, players don't go at him quite as hard, I've noticed, and that may be because they're scared he's going to posterize them on the other end - I don't know...

-----

Overall, Blake is already a Top 10 power forward - I'd only rank Dirk, Amare, Pau, and Carlos Boozer ahead of him FOR SURE, and Kevin Love, Lamar Odom, and maybe a Paul Millsap ahead of him, depending on what you were looking to do with your team. So, potentially, he's even a Top 5 power forward already... but a Top 5 player...?

Slow your roll, Hyperbole Boy.

the_ouskull

Eielson
12/22/2010, 10:49 AM
He's definitely not a top 5 player, but if I were just starting a team he might be one of my first 5 picks (10 is probably more realistic). Of course, the Clippers will find a way to ruin this. :(

badger
12/22/2010, 12:23 PM
He might not be a top five player right now, but if you're building a team for the future, you might not want top five guys - you might want the guys that are top 10, top 15 now that will become top five guys later. How much longer with Kobe and KG be in the league, or at least in their prime? Not too much longer, thanks to 82-game seasons (plus playoffs) since their teen years.

If you're building a team for the future with five guys, you probably want Blake Griffin. If you're building a fanbase for the future with five guys, you DEFINITELY want Blake Griffin. If they were the Tulsa Clippers, I'd have season tix just to see him dunk repeatedly :D

ouleaf
12/22/2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah I Blake is well on his way to being one of the league's true elite players, but he still needs to work on his overall offensive game. Continue to work on perfecting that 18 footer. Continue to improve his post game. Definitely work on upping that FT percentage.

His rebounding has been great on both ends. He is pretty good about passing out of double teams. His strength and athleticism will are a great foundation, but it's his work ethic and the time he'll put in over the next couple of years that will make him a true star.

the_ouskull
12/22/2010, 11:25 PM
He's already a star. Shooting 70-80% from the line would make him an ALL star. There's talk that, if he weren't playing for the Clippers, he'd be a dark horse MVP candidate, even. If they could WIN any of these games that he's dominating, it'd help his cause a bit.

the_ouskull

Collier11
12/23/2010, 12:09 AM
Based on what he does for that team and his overall skills combined, Id say he is a top 20 guy in the league, JMHO.

To say he is top 5 is silly, Amare, Durant, Bron, Kobe, Paul, Deron Williams, etc... you get the point

Id say as far as a power forward goes, He is probably top 3 as an overall player

Hey Skull, can you really put Dirk ahead of him still? Dirk can still score but isnt near the rebounder and is horrible as a defender. What numbers do you have to look at this comparison?

bigfatjerk
12/23/2010, 12:21 AM
I think he'll be near the top 5 pretty soon. About a year nobody would have put Durant that high.

the_ouskull
12/23/2010, 09:45 AM
Hey Skull, can you really put Dirk ahead of him still? Dirk can still score but isnt near the rebounder and is horrible as a defender. What numbers do you have to look at this comparison?

Did you really just ask me for numbers? Come ON, man. :D

Dirk is involved in a higher percentage of his team's plays, although not by a lot. (Usage rate.) Dirk's TS% towers over Blakes. (64.9% to 54.2%.) They're both assisted on over 64% of their baskets, with Dirk's slightly lower. (Meaning Dirk creates more offense for himself...) Blake turns the ball over more often. (On 10.84% of his possessions to Dirk's 9.32%.) However, Blake has an advantage over Dirk in all facets of rebounding similar to the advantage Dirk enjoys over Blake in outside shooting. In addition, Blake is also a better (or at least more frequent) passer than Dirk. But, Dirk has a higher adjusted Win Score (8.46 - 7.62) and adjusted PER (24.29 - 21.28).

As far as basic stats go...

Dirk is outscoring Blake (24.5 to 20.8) turns the ball over less than Blake (2.3 to 2.7) and shoots a higher percentage than Blake across the board... especially at the FT line. (Dirk's 87% over Blake's 57%? Yeah.) So, even though Blake tries two more FT's per game, Dirk is still hitting more FT's per game. Sad. Dirk is also shooting a higher overall percentage (54-ish to 51-ish) despite 3 of his attempts per game coming from the arc.

And, of course, the FINAL scoreboard...

Win-Loss Record of their respective teams, which I won't bring up.

Bottom line: Blake is an explosive, vastly gifted young talent. Dirk is a veteran beast. Blake will dunk on anybody in the league, and has proven a desire to match his ability to do so. Dirk will score on anybody in the league, or any defense designed to stop him, and will do so with more efficiency than Blake even knows exists at this point in his career.

Or, put another way... What's Blake known for? Dunking. He finishes shots around the rim at a 67.6% clip. Dirk finishes shots around the rim at a 76.8% clip. The young Jedi still has much to learn. (More on these percentages...? Just to drive in a few final nails...? Sure...)

Inside ten feet from the rim? Dirk: 61.2%. Blake: 46.7%.
Ten to fifteen feet from the rim? Dirk: 51%. Blake: 34.1%.
Fifteen to twenty-three feet from the rim? Dirk: 53%. Blake: 33%.
And, from downtown? Dirk: 39.4%. Blake: 50%. Blake is shooting a REMARKABLE percentage on the two or three shots he's taken, but he's smart enough to know that he shouldn't be taking them. Even Blake knows he's no Dirk.

If you want a player who can play run-and-gun, or slow-it-down; a player who is a threat to score from everywhere on the court, and will can't be fouled late, you want Dirk. If you want a player that will dunk what you give him down low and rebound a lot more of your caroms (to give the ball to his sh*tty guards) then you want Blake. I love Blake. I think he's a All-Star this season, even on the Clippers... but he's no Dirk. Not yet. Dirk just passed Larry Legend on the all-time scoring list. Blake's a Clipper. Let's slow down on the comparisons is all I'm sayin'.

Happy, sir?

the_ouskull

ouleaf
12/23/2010, 10:10 AM
can you really put Dirk ahead of him still? Dirk can still score but isnt near the rebounder and is horrible as a defender. What numbers do you have to look at this comparison?

Dirk is about to be a 10 time all-star with an MVP trophy on the shelf, and he's without question a top 3 candidate right now for MVP this year. Dirk is still a good Defensive rebounder, but his numbers have dropped off partly because he has other quality rebounders on the team in Chandler, Marion, Kidd, etc. He'll make you pay if you put him on the line. He also has a higher PER than Blake.

You really can't make an apples to apples comparison though b/c their games are so different. They do both have unbelievable work ethics though.

Yes I am a Mavs homer.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2011&p2=griffbl01&y2=2011

sooner518
12/23/2010, 10:33 AM
but can Dirk do this?

xqzF_0LWwHg

Collier11
12/23/2010, 01:36 PM
Did you really just ask me for numbers? Come ON, man. :D

Dirk is involved in a higher percentage of his team's plays, although not by a lot. (Usage rate.) Dirk's TS% towers over Blakes. (64.9% to 54.2%.) They're both assisted on over 64% of their baskets, with Dirk's slightly lower. (Meaning Dirk creates more offense for himself...) Blake turns the ball over more often. (On 10.84% of his possessions to Dirk's 9.32%.) However, Blake has an advantage over Dirk in all facets of rebounding similar to the advantage Dirk enjoys over Blake in outside shooting. In addition, Blake is also a better (or at least more frequent) passer than Dirk. But, Dirk has a higher adjusted Win Score (8.46 - 7.62) and adjusted PER (24.29 - 21.28).

As far as basic stats go...

Dirk is outscoring Blake (24.5 to 20.8) turns the ball over less than Blake (2.3 to 2.7) and shoots a higher percentage than Blake across the board... especially at the FT line. (Dirk's 87% over Blake's 57%? Yeah.) So, even though Blake tries two more FT's per game, Dirk is still hitting more FT's per game. Sad. Dirk is also shooting a higher overall percentage (54-ish to 51-ish) despite 3 of his attempts per game coming from the arc.

And, of course, the FINAL scoreboard...

Win-Loss Record of their respective teams, which I won't bring up.

Bottom line: Blake is an explosive, vastly gifted young talent. Dirk is a veteran beast. Blake will dunk on anybody in the league, and has proven a desire to match his ability to do so. Dirk will score on anybody in the league, or any defense designed to stop him, and will do so with more efficiency than Blake even knows exists at this point in his career.

Or, put another way... What's Blake known for? Dunking. He finishes shots around the rim at a 67.6% clip. Dirk finishes shots around the rim at a 76.8% clip. The young Jedi still has much to learn. (More on these percentages...? Just to drive in a few final nails...? Sure...)

Inside ten feet from the rim? Dirk: 61.2%. Blake: 46.7%.
Ten to fifteen feet from the rim? Dirk: 51%. Blake: 34.1%.
Fifteen to twenty-three feet from the rim? Dirk: 53%. Blake: 33%.
And, from downtown? Dirk: 39.4%. Blake: 50%. Blake is shooting a REMARKABLE percentage on the two or three shots he's taken, but he's smart enough to know that he shouldn't be taking them. Even Blake knows he's no Dirk.

If you want a player who can play run-and-gun, or slow-it-down; a player who is a threat to score from everywhere on the court, and will can't be fouled late, you want Dirk. If you want a player that will dunk what you give him down low and rebound a lot more of your caroms (to give the ball to his sh*tty guards) then you want Blake. I love Blake. I think he's a All-Star this season, even on the Clippers... but he's no Dirk. Not yet. Dirk just passed Larry Legend on the all-time scoring list. Blake's a Clipper. Let's slow down on the comparisons is all I'm sayin'.

Happy, sir?

the_ouskull

I did ask for numbers :D But only cus I knew youd have them

soonerbub
12/23/2010, 05:33 PM
24 & 18 last night (improving both avgs)
7-10 FT

still lost to H town
now 8-22

85sooners
12/23/2010, 06:12 PM
Lol

badger
12/23/2010, 06:54 PM
Crappidy. When does Blake's Clippers contract run out so he sign with any, ANY other team. Sorry to any Clips fans out there, but Blake deserves better than being a one-man show. Yes, he'll always stand out because he's that awesome, but even Superman can't do it alone if Lex Luthor owns him.

(I am trying to envision that now - how would Lex own Superman --- perhaps Krptonite? Holding Lois Lane as ransom? Shutting down the Daily Planet?)

Frozen Sooner
12/23/2010, 07:01 PM
Crappidy. When does Blake's Clippers contract run out so he sign with any, ANY other team. Sorry to any Clips fans out there, but Blake deserves better than being a one-man show. Yes, he'll always stand out because he's that awesome, but even Superman can't do it alone if Lex Luthor owns him.

(I am trying to envision that now - how would Lex own Superman --- perhaps Krptonite? Holding Lois Lane as ransom? Shutting down the Daily Planet?)

Theft of the bottle city of Kandor.

Blue
12/23/2010, 07:08 PM

They've got some good young players. Eric Gordon, DJ. I think they've got a good foundation.

diegosooner
12/23/2010, 10:34 PM
They've got some good young players. Eric Gordon, DJ. I think they've got a good foundation.

need to get rid of barron robber davis.

cccasooner2
12/23/2010, 11:13 PM
I'm confident he'll be a Laker one day. Cleveland was once the Laker farm club, the Clippers are beginning to fill that role.

the_ouskull
12/23/2010, 11:24 PM
If Blake can't win with the Clippers, 'cause, seriously...

...I'd like to see him, in order, be a Rocket, a Thunder, or a Spur. Rocket 'cause I'm a fan. The Thunder 'cause home team, and the Spurs, 'cause I'd like Coach Pop to have a go at Blake. Not to mention learning from the greatest power forward of all time...

the_ouskull

Harry Beanbag
12/24/2010, 03:31 AM
If Blake can't win with the Clippers, 'cause, seriously...

...I'd like to see him, in order, be a Rocket, a Thunder, or a Spur. Rocket 'cause I'm a fan. The Thunder 'cause home team, and the Spurs, 'cause I'd like Coach Pop to have a go at Blake. Not to mention learning from the greatest power forward of all time...

the_ouskull

Thanks for the update.

Harry Beanbag

Blue
12/24/2010, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the update.

Harry Beanbag

Lol.

soonerbub
12/26/2010, 07:01 PM
28 & 12 today
12-16 FT

beat the suns by 5

sooner59
12/26/2010, 10:24 PM
Blake Griffin is so awesome that they are talking about him during the halftime show for a bowl game. But to be fair, nobody probably cares to discuss the actual bowl game. Its lame.

CowboyMRW
12/27/2010, 01:37 AM

I think Bledsoe might be a star one day also. They have a good core. Just coaching is awful and they are so young. They'll probably get another top 5 pick this year again so they should bring in another stud rookie

SilliSooner
12/27/2010, 11:33 AM
They need a small forward and more bench help. Terrence Jones from Kentucky might fall their way. Then they'd have a decent starting line-up.

Next, they need to shore their bench. Donald Sterling refuses, and always has refused to spend for strong bench players. The Clippers continually build a lead with the starters but when it goes bench against bench they lose the lead, sometimes by six or eight points.

SilliSooner
12/27/2010, 11:42 AM
-----

Overall, Blake is already a Top 10 power forward - I'd only rank Dirk, Amare, Pau, and Carlos Boozer ahead of him FOR SURE, and Kevin Love, Lamar Odom, and maybe a Paul Millsap ahead of him, depending on what you were looking to do with your team.

the_ouskull

Skull, Blake went head-to-head recently against Kevin Love. How did that turn out? Do you have the stats? I think Blake ripped him up, taught Love how the PF position ought to be played.

the_ouskull
12/27/2010, 01:39 PM
No, Blake played a great game against him. Owned him. He had 26 points and 17 boards to Love's miserable 24 points, 14 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block... not to mention the win.

Or the second game they played, in which Blake more noticeably outplayed Love, AND got the win...

BG: 22/10/7
KL: 12/10/3

It was Eric Gordon that killed for the Clips that game, though.

Overall, I think Blake is a more dynamic, more exciting player with a much, much higher ceiling. That's why I prefaced in my original statement, "depending on what you're trying to do as a team," Love is a player in the same category as Griffin. Given the chance, I'd take Blake every time, but not every coach requires athleticism. Some coaches like the wide-butt, get you every defensive board, and shoot a high-percentage (from the field AND the line) guys from their four-spot. That's all.

the_ouskull

Eielson
12/27/2010, 01:49 PM
Skull, Blake went head-to-head recently against Kevin Love. How did that turn out? Do you have the stats? I think Blake ripped him up, taught Love how the PF position ought to be played.

Head-to-Head Averages (2 games):

Griffin: 24 points (17 shots), 13.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, .5 steals, 2 turnovers,0 blocks

Love: 18 points (10 shots), 12 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 turnovers, .5 blocks

They've only played two games against each other, and there is only two noticeable difference. Sure, Blake has more points, but he's taken way more shots (Love only has one more FT attempt if you're wondering). Per shot, Love is scoring more efficiently. These two games are far from conclusive. Blake got the better of Love in the second game, but Love outplayed him in the first one. Love is averaging 20.8 points and 15.7 rebounds. Nobody is teaching him how the "position ought to be played."

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2010, 02:09 PM
BLAKE GRIFFIN IS KILLING THE DUNK

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/blake-griffin-in-tie.jpg

The NBA had a busy weekend; there were the five games on Christmas Day–the Bulls and Knicks were Christmas-y, Kobe managed only 7 points against the Heat and Durant dropped 44 on the Nuggets. But all of that takes a back seat to Blake Griffin, whose “rookie” season has just been a long glorious highlight reel.

Blake Griffin and the Clippers took down the Suns last night, simultaneously ending a 9-game skid and creating a skid in my pants after watching this sick one-handed alley-oop dunk. Soon there will be Blake Griffin dunks and everyone else’s dunks, which will be more expensive and taste like cardboard and come with small toys that make America’s children fat. That’s a world I’m comfortable living with.

xdSeL9N2Yrs

SilliSooner
12/27/2010, 11:40 PM
Head-to-Head Averages (2 games):

Griffin: 24 points (17 shots), 13.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, .5 steals, 2 turnovers,0 blocks

Love: 18 points (10 shots), 12 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 turnovers, .5 blocks

They've only played two games against each other, and there is only two noticeable difference. Sure, Blake has more points, but he's taken way more shots (Love only has one more FT attempt if you're wondering). Per shot, Love is scoring more efficiently. These two games are far from conclusive. Blake got the better of Love in the second game, but Love outplayed him in the first one. Love is averaging 20.8 points and 15.7 rebounds. Nobody is teaching him how the "position ought to be played."

I was only aware of the second game, so sorry, I may have assumed from too small an example.

Kevin Love reminds me too much of Linas Kleiza. Same hands, same inside-outside abilities, same moves around the basket, same haircut. The difference may be Love's aggressiveness and smarts. Also Love's wrists and grip may be the strongest in the game. If so, Blake's grip can't be very far behind.

Rocko
12/28/2010, 12:23 AM
BLAKE GRIFFIN IS KILLING THE DUNK

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/blake-griffin-in-tie.jpg

The NBA had a busy weekend; there were the five games on Christmas Day–the Bulls and Knicks were Christmas-y, Kobe managed only 7 points against the Heat and Durant dropped 44 on the Nuggets. But all of that takes a back seat to Blake Griffin, whose “rookie” season has just been a long glorious highlight reel.

Blake Griffin and the Clippers took down the Suns last night, simultaneously ending a 9-game skid and creating a skid in my pants after watching this sick one-handed alley-oop dunk. Soon there will be Blake Griffin dunks and everyone else’s dunks, which will be more expensive and taste like cardboard and come with small toys that make America’s children fat. That’s a world I’m comfortable living with.

xdSeL9N2Yrs

He truly is unreal.

ouleaf
12/30/2010, 12:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5962651

In a debate between two super annoying guys, Bayless and Broussard. Bayless is even more annoying than usual, who makes one of the weakest cases I've ever heard him make. Creating controversy is his M.O. though.

badger
12/30/2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry leaf, saw the title of the video (Spoiler: It's "Blake Griffin overrated?") and couldn't wait for it to load. Closed the window, don't wanna hear anyone badmouth our Blake.

Soon there will be Blake Griffin dunks and everyone else’s dunks, which will be more expensive and taste like cardboard and come with small toys that make America’s children fat. That’s a world I’m comfortable living with.

I love that quote and it's not just the dunking - he doesn't even touch the rim on some of his shots and they're still stunning and make ESPN's Top 10. His baskets are... like... art... poetry... <tear> so... beautiful...

Eielson
12/30/2010, 12:26 PM
Skip is capable of making any ESPN announcer sound intelligent.

badger
12/30/2010, 06:29 PM
Check this out:

1rqR6RzfV4c

soonerbub
1/3/2011, 04:46 PM
31 & 15 last night...another loss to the hawks
9-14 FT

Blue
1/5/2011, 11:26 PM
Should be another top 10 play on SC tonight. He just dunked a sick Oop.

I'd like to see him be more of a presence in the paint on D, but that will come when he's not afraid to get a few fouls.

soonerbub
1/10/2011, 09:25 AM
The man's a menace!!
23 & 12 yesterday in the WIN over golden state
9-11 FT
2 wins in a row puts the clips at...12-24 :O

the_ouskull
1/10/2011, 10:36 AM
But they started off the season 1-13, too. When you've been a loser for as long as the Clips have, even Blake will take a while to turn around that culture. If Baron Davis didn't have a "go-and-get-it" to throw his lazy-*ssed passes to in Blake, he wouldn't be playing half as hard as he already is, and they're playing .500 ball since that crappy start.

the_ouskull

soonerbub
1/12/2011, 02:52 PM
Tonight would be the night to have League Pass
clippers host miamuh @ 9:30

boomersooner28
1/12/2011, 05:18 PM
Tonight would be the night to have League Pass
clippers host miamuh @ 9:30

Dammit man... I wanna see BG throw down a hammer slam on LBJ's head

badger
1/12/2011, 05:26 PM
Dammit man... I wanna see BG throw down a hammer slam on LBJ's head

Oh you will - ESPN's entire Sportscenter broadcast will be dedicated to BG throwing down a hammer slam on LBJ's head (and their Lebron-loving commentators questioning the non-call by the officials - I mean, the ball hit King James' head! King James! LBJ!)

Blue
1/12/2011, 11:00 PM
Clips are smokin the heat right now. 29-19. They're dunking all over them. Not Blake, but Davis, Gordon, and Jordan.

44-26 Clippers after 1 quarter.:eek:

SoonerGrant
1/12/2011, 11:10 PM
44 points in the first quarter! Good game so far for Clips fans.

ouleaf
1/13/2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely a big time home win for Blake and Clippers. Got off to a red hot start and held off the big 3 for Miami who scored a combined 84 points or 80% of the teams total points.

Blake, Gordon, and Davis all had a solid night. Nice to see Davis actually care about playing basketball again. If he's on a good team, that is playing well, his attitude is much better than if the team is losing.

While I'm certainly not proclaiming the Clippers will be a playoff team this year, they definitely will be next year if they can keep their core group of guys together, stay healthy, and round out the bottom of the roster to add some depth.

badger
1/13/2011, 10:14 AM
btw, kinda Blake-related since he played against him - LBJ is the biggest wimp in the world for not taking ownership of his tweet. Dude, you already ruined your image, why not just come out and say EFF THE CAVS AND THEIR OWNER next time? Publicly?

So, glad the Heat lost and more glad that it was at Blake's dunking hands... here's a highlight video of his techie revenge:
O8QZ3NmFjks

ouleaf
1/13/2011, 05:22 PM
For Ticket listners in the DFW area, even all of the radio guys are starting to take notice of Blake and have devoted parts of entire segments to discussing him and the season he is having.

Sturm came out and admitted that he was way off on how Blake would impact the league. He just wasn't sure about his game translating to the NBA.

Corby and Junior Miller, both OU fans in their own right have been big proponents of Blake this season.

All of this pales in comparison to Mike Rhyner's absolute man crush on Blake though. He just devoted a whole segment on the guy and that he reads everything on Blake now. This is truly amazing b/c Rhyner usually sticks to baseball and only skims through the paper on the other major sports.

Definitely loving all the good publicity he is getting and it is much deserved. Can't wait for the Clippers to roll through Dallas in a couple weeks. I'm definitely going to make it to that game.

boomersooner28
1/13/2011, 06:24 PM
The guy works harder than anybody...plus the sick God-given ability also helps. ;)

If he continues to work as hard as he does now, he will be a man-beast for years to come.

SoonerGrant
1/14/2011, 12:57 AM
So, glad the Heat lost and more glad that it was at Blake's dunking hands... here's a highlight video of his techie revenge:
O8QZ3NmFjks

Was that BG's first ever technically foul? College and NBA?

Knippz
1/15/2011, 04:00 PM
Blake's averaging 22 pts, 13 reb, 4 ast, and 5 Sportscenter highlights a game.

My favorite new phrase after this season (NFL and NBA) - "TOLD YOU SO!"

badger
1/15/2011, 06:08 PM
Was that BG's first ever technically foul? College and NBA?

Yes probably, but I heard Ma Griffin used to issue them to both brothers all of the time growing up :D

badger
1/15/2011, 06:11 PM
NEARLY the highlight of the century:
3Pd47J0F118

ALSO nearly the highlight of the century:
GrAxsT8BDN4

I guess we'll just have to settle for this :D
8wqIRhtd85w

And yeah, these all happened in the same non-televised-here game last night :(

Collier11
1/15/2011, 06:15 PM
He is mmmmm good

Blue
1/29/2011, 11:21 PM
Has two sweet Top 10 plays in the 1st quarter already vs the Bobcats. A 360 layup and a Oop from 10 feet before half court. It was sweeet.

17 pts, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists in 1st quarter.

Blue
1/31/2011, 10:58 PM
WINDMILL!!!!!

HE BROKE OUT THE KISS THE RIM!!

badger
3/23/2011, 03:39 PM
The latest on Blake Griffin is that he is getting tired of Clippers owner Donald Sterling... and this is probably one of the reasons why:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/554234/donald-sterling-ad.jpg

There are just so many things wrong with that ad, which appeared in the Los Angeles Times.

On a lighter note, Tay Tay and Blake were featured in this Wall Street Journal feature, "Why do brothers dominate basketball?" (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703858404576214962049110494.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)

and if you were the first one thinking bad, evil thoughts with that headline after seeing what Sterling placed in the LA Times, you're not alone :(

Blue
3/24/2011, 11:09 PM
Anybody see Blakes new Subway ad? "Dunk after dunk...after dunk.."

It reminds me of Happys ad. "Talk about a hole in one..."

badger
3/26/2011, 04:31 PM
Hope you all got to see this. Either way, here it is again:
4OstnaejZzQ

I'm surprised more NBAers don't wanna do the dunk contest. It's really gotten BG a lot more endorsements it seems.