PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2010, 09:14 AM
I think I just felt an earthquake.

Seriously.

I'm sitting at my computer knockin' out my checkbook, feet propped up, when I feel a small "wibble", a short wobble in my chair which was quickly followed by our dogs barking. It wasn't a vibration, it was more like something grabbed the bottom of my chair and wiggled it ever so slightly. This was at 0907 hours according to my clock.

I've never actually felt one before. Ran outside, saw nothing. No reason that I can identify that would cause it. No noise associated with it.

Odd.

Jello Biafra
10/13/2010, 09:16 AM
I think I just felt an earthquake.

Seriously.

I'm sitting at my computer knockin' out my checkbook, feet propped up, when I feel a small "wibble", a short wobble in my chair which was quickly followed by our dogs barking. It wasn't a vibration, it was more like something grabbed the bottom of my chair and wiggled it ever so slightly. This was at 0907 hours according to my clock.

I've never actually felt one before. Ran outside, saw nothing. No reason that I can identify that would cause it. No noise associated with it.

Odd.

hmmm wonder where the epicenter was....felt it here at tinker and you felt it all the way in tulsa

Fraggle145
10/13/2010, 09:17 AM
Felt it here in Norman.

Soonerborn03
10/13/2010, 09:19 AM
hmmm wonder where the epicenter was....felt it here at tinker and you felt it all the way in tulsaIt had to be closer to Norman. It shook my room hard for 3 seconds with pictures shaking and metal rattling everywhere, then just rumbled softly for another 10 or so.

Weird but very awesome.

OU Engineer
10/13/2010, 09:21 AM
Yea im in norman and it was definitely more than a wiggle. A good 3-5 seconds of pretty moderate earth moving.

yankee
10/13/2010, 09:21 AM
welp, i commented in another thread how i wanted to feel an earthquake during my time in college up here. it woke me up and i was outside my apartment in less that 4.5 seconds. so now i can say i've felt an earthquake, but i'd rather not feel one again. that is a weird feeling. and kinda scary too.

SoonerStormchaser
10/13/2010, 09:23 AM
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2010ciay.php

So I'm out here in the desert chatting with the wife on FB, when she messages me "EARTHQUAKE!"
Seriously, I went through a ****ton of 4.5's when I lived in Japan...they were pretty common.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2010, 09:25 AM
A four to a five, just east of Norman according to the USGS.

Fraggle145
10/13/2010, 09:53 AM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8090/picturedeviceindependen.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8090/picturedeviceindependen.jpg

stoopified
10/13/2010, 09:59 AM
Felt it here in Norman. Same here in Moore about 908 this morning.I heard a loud noise,the house shook.Figured it was either an eartquake,Sonic Boom or explosion.I eliminated explosion be cause I could find no debris cloud,eliminated the sonic boom theory because I heard no plane prior to the boom, and saw no contrail.

soonerborn30
10/13/2010, 10:07 AM
It felt like a big truck was pulling into my office. Floor just rumbling. Pretty cool.