PDA

View Full Version : Do 1 year olds require a ticket??

PhiDeltBeers
10/12/2010, 09:59 AM
My wife and I are planning to take our 1 year old daughter to her first game on Saturday. Will she require a ticket?

nativesooner
10/12/2010, 10:04 AM
yes.. even a 1 month old will require a ticket.... I'd just walk around outside with her in your arms and hold up a #1 sign... someone will give you one if they know it's for her.. I know a few folks that look for people with kids needing a ticket

stoopified
10/12/2010, 10:06 AM
What we were told when we asked( afew years ago) is that if they are in your lap, no BUT if they require a seat -yes.

nativesooner
10/12/2010, 10:09 AM
OU has to make it's money because they're hurting ya know! lol! even if they sit in your lap, they'll have to have a ticket to get in...

from Sooner Sports..

Football

All persons, including children of any age, must have a ticket for admission into Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

PhiDeltBeers
10/12/2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys.

DenverSooner751
10/12/2010, 10:33 AM
1 year olds do require a ticket.....how else do OSU fans ever get in?

nativesooner
10/12/2010, 10:34 AM
you're welcome.... seriously, don't pay for one... you can get it free I'm sure!

Jacie
10/12/2010, 11:12 AM
Do they get to bring their sippy cups?

Seamus
10/12/2010, 11:13 AM
Seriously, though, how are you going to enjoy the game with a 1-year-old there? The first time the crowd goes nuts or the RufNeks fire their guns, she's gonna be a wreck. Might be better for all involved to consider a baby-sitter.

Just sayin' ...

HBick
10/12/2010, 11:21 AM
Seriously, though, how are you going to enjoy the game with a 1-year-old there? The first time the crowd goes nuts or the RufNeks fire their guns, she's gonna be a wreck. Might be better for all involved to consider a baby-sitter.

Just sayin' ...

Yeah and she's not going to remember anything, I'd consider a babysitter because I respect the people around me as well.

Just sayin' ...

kelloggOUballa
10/12/2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah man my wife just sat in the cool zone under the bleachers with our 1-year old son for much of the game we went to. That's our experience.

tator
10/12/2010, 11:38 AM
Recipe for a miserable Saturday.

bonkuba
10/12/2010, 11:49 AM
I have been through this many times. I have a 5 month old now that I had to by an extra season ticket for.

We have tried to go through in the past and we are stopped and asked for her ticket....along with the 4 and 7 yr old.....which that I understand.

I called the ticket office and they did inform me that every child (lap or not) requires a ticket.

I have a thread on this somewhere but I am too lazy to look it up :D

Unless it has changed since August that is still the case....I believe it sucks beyond belief.....but if I want her in I have to pay the $$.

You might get lucky and get her in if you have a sympathetic gate person......I have once or twice :D :D

Hope this helps.

bonkuba
10/12/2010, 11:55 AM
Recipe for a miserable Saturday.

I can understand your comment....but the total opposite is true for my family. We make a HUGE deal about every home game. We bring the RV...park in Sooner Village, kids get to see the band, Cheerleaders, occasionally some of the football players, etc,etc....they can also ride their bikes all over the place without fear of getting ran over (it is closed off).

My kids love the beginning of the games, the loud guns and everything involved. Now, of course, when it is hot or too cold they wont last the whole game....but I want and they want to be involved. My 7 yr old has gone to every home game since he was born and he believes he is actually a member of the team somehow :D .

The folks around us are very nice and even have kids of their own there (young ones). My kids are very well behaved and scream like crazy when the other team has the ball......and they LOVE to shout BOOMER SOONER!!!

Anyway, sorry for the long post but understand my kids and my Sooners are my life and I can't have one without the other.:D

bonkuba
10/12/2010, 11:57 AM
yes.. even a 1 month old will require a ticket.... I'd just walk around outside with her in your arms and hold up a #1 sign... someone will give you one if they know it's for her.. I know a few folks that look for people with kids needing a ticket

I do this a lot.......I always have one extra. :D

PhiDeltBeers
10/12/2010, 12:00 PM
I have 3 season tickets. Been sitting in the same seats for years, so I know all the people around me. I just usually go with my dad and uncle. The main reason I asked the question, was to figure out whether or not to sell the 3rd ticket. My daughter's almost 2 and can already holler OOOUUUU. I think she'll like it. If not we'll leave early. No biggie, I'll be at the next game.

Soonerntxs
10/12/2010, 12:05 PM
I took my 1yr old to BAYLOR last year, we had empty seats all around us, no problems..slept most of the game. We meet family every year at the Baylor Game & have a blast. Some family stay at the tailgate, so we took him out to the TG in the 3rd Q and let everyone squeeze cheeks!

As for Norman, no way would I consider taking my now 2 yr old. CROWDED, Up & Down, HOT...did I say HOT? Diaper bags, Bottles, sun screen,..... this would be selfish of me to put my little guy through it. Plus, no fun when your having to hold onto your little one when DM or Broyles or Stills runs one in for a 45 yrd. TD!

I plan on trying Norman w/mine at age 6-7, thats the age I first started going.

Hope this helps.

badger
10/12/2010, 12:11 PM
Put your kids to "the test."

1- Put an OU football game on TV.

2- Ask kids to watch entire game with you.

3- Provide snacks and drinks and try to get them to do cheers (especially the Oooooo...U! on kickoffs).

If the kiddo falls asleep on your comfy couch in air conditioning at home or doesn't really seem to love football, they are not ready to make it through four hours in the sun packed on bleachers like sardines.

texaspokieokie
10/12/2010, 12:14 PM
I took my 1yr old to BAYLOR last year, we had empty seats all around us, no problems..slept most of the game. We meet family every year at the Baylor Game & have a blast. Some family stay at the tailgate, so we took him out to the TG in the 3rd Q and let everyone squeeze cheeks!

As for Norman, no way would I consider taking my now 2 yr old. CROWDED, Up & Down, HOT...did I say HOT? Diaper bags, Bottles, sun screen,..... this would be selfish of me to put my little guy through it. Plus, no fun when your having to hold onto your little one when DM or Broyles or Stills runs one in for a 45 yrd. TD!

I plan on trying Norman w/mine at age 6-7, thats the age I first started going.

Hope this helps.

Good post !!!!!!

lmg0088
10/12/2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but for some reason I cannot start a new thread.

But here is a interesting first person article from SI about a former sports agent. He tell about paying college athletes, naming names and more. Its pretty long so I won't copy and past, but here is the link.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp

fadada1
10/12/2010, 03:05 PM
mike gundy, who is a MAN, and 40, does NOT require a ticket when the pokes come to town.

i do believe i've found a loophole!!!!!!

tator
10/12/2010, 03:05 PM
I can understand your comment....but the total opposite is true for my family. We make a HUGE deal about every home game. We bring the RV...park in Sooner Village, kids get to see the band, Cheerleaders, occasionally some of the football players, etc,etc....they can also ride their bikes all over the place without fear of getting ran over (it is closed off).

My kids love the beginning of the games, the loud guns and everything involved. Now, of course, when it is hot or too cold they wont last the whole game....but I want and they want to be involved. My 7 yr old has gone to every home game since he was born and he believes he is actually a member of the team somehow :D .

The folks around us are very nice and even have kids of their own there (young ones). My kids are very well behaved and scream like crazy when the other team has the ball......and they LOVE to shout BOOMER SOONER!!!

Anyway, sorry for the long post but understand my kids and my Sooners are my life and I can't have one without the other.:D

understood......maybe I should have said "MY recipe for a miserable Saturday" :)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2010, 03:34 PM
I waited until my son was 4 and my daughter 6 before I took them to a game..and I took em to the baylor game in case it didnt work out for them..