PDA

View Full Version : This is one tough Hokie!

setem
10/11/2010, 08:01 PM
Hokies Right Guard Greg Nosal loses finger tip and keeps on playing! (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5674544)

Greg Nosal played without tip of pinkie

The school says Nosal lost the finger tip when it got caught between two helmets in the first half Saturday against Central Michigan. After a brief search, team doctors found the severed finger tip inside his glove and determined that it could be reattached.

Team surgeon Mark Seigel gave the 6-foot-6, 293-pound redshirt junior the option of having the finger repaired on the spot, or having the hand bandaged and the tip put on ice to be reattached later. He chose to keep playing, took pain medication and went back in.

The finger tip was stitched back on in the fourth quarter, after the pain medication had started to wear off. The Hokies led 31-7 and were substituting liberally in a 45-21 victory.

"You talk about a tough guy," Hokies coach Frank Beamer said Monday. "For him to continue to play, it says a lot about him and what his effort for this football team is."

C&CDean
10/11/2010, 08:10 PM
pffft. A pinky? I'd be a lot more impressed if he lost an inch of his dick.

How do they quantify an "inch of his pinky?"

SoonerDomiNation
10/11/2010, 08:22 PM
MAybe it was his dick and just thought it was his pinkie.

Breadburner
10/11/2010, 08:27 PM
I bet it was Favre's dick.....

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2010, 08:55 PM
I bet it was Favre's dick.....

You know you have a Favre hater when he brings him up in a Virginia Tech/Central Michigan thread.

MeMyself&Me
10/11/2010, 09:11 PM
Cool story. Reminds me of some of the cooler stories I'm familiar with in High School... but my memories aren't quite as extreme as that.

In a huge neighboring town rivalry game, our starting quarterback got is shoulder out of socket (throwing arm no less) and he came out. Later in the game, our backup qb broke his jaw due to contact under his facemask. We didn't have a viable qb after the two.

While tending to our backup on the field, our trainers popped the shoulder back into joint on our starter and he went back in. We won by 1 point.

I've always respected the guys that can play through pain and anguish for the sake of the team.

THE-JROD
10/11/2010, 09:37 PM
Pure dedication and desire.....definitely have to admire those guys!!

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2010, 10:31 PM
If he was really tough he woulda stared down the opposing QB while chewing and eating the finger as the blood ran down his chin. Now THAT would intimidate.

setem
10/11/2010, 10:50 PM
Cool story. Reminds me of some of the cooler stories I'm familiar with in High School... but my memories aren't quite as extreme as that.

In a huge neighboring town rivalry game, our starting quarterback got is shoulder out of socket (throwing arm no less) and he came out. Later in the game, our backup qb broke his jaw due to contact under his facemask. We didn't have a viable qb after the two.

While tending to our backup on the field, our trainers popped the shoulder back into joint on our starter and he went back in. We won by 1 point.

I've always respected the guys that can play through pain and anguish for the sake of the team.

That reminds me of when I moved to Arkansas from Oklahoma when I started the 9th grade. There was a group of guys that had it out for me and they were all hella good martial artists. They roughed be up one Halloween but this old Asian dude stopped them before they killed me. A couple of months later I was fighting in the a karate tournament against these guys and everyone in the valley, with absolutely no formal training. One of the wise acres thought it would be cool to take out my knee man, I thought I was done for sure, but that old Asian came to the rescue and did some voodoo **** and made it better so I could fight. Wouldn't you know it I was able to beat the ring leader of the group and take home the trophy! Now that is tough!

KantoSooner
10/12/2010, 06:59 AM
That's poetic, man. Epic stuff! I'm all inspired. Think I'll go listen to 'Eye of the Tiger' now.

Maybe more than once. Back to back.

texaspokieokie
10/12/2010, 07:09 AM
50 to 60 years agom my Dad lost part of one of his little fingers working in oil field. he took off early that day & went to Dr.; but didn't miss any more work.
he was a tuff old guy.

i'm nothing like that.

Aries
10/12/2010, 07:24 AM
Team surgeon Mark Seigel gave the 6-foot-6, 293-pound redshirt junior the option of having the finger repaired on the spot, or having the hand bandaged and the tip put on ice to be reattached later.

Those were the only two options?! :eek:

meoveryouxinfinity
10/12/2010, 09:20 AM
Those were the only two options?! :eek:

Me: umm let's go to the hospital ASAP

Mad Dog Madsen
10/12/2010, 09:21 AM
Ehh, it's just a pinkie. :D