PDA

View Full Version : Smurfs will be the only unbeatin at the end of the season

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 12:01 PM
According to this dude :rolleyes:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1137502

deweydw
10/11/2010, 12:05 PM
Doh!!! Just posted another thread on this. You beat me to it. By three minutes.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 12:08 PM
Ya snooze ya lose :P

Mississippi Sooner
10/11/2010, 12:10 PM
It'd be funny if Boise did wind up as the only unbeaten, and yet still get left out of the national title game.

CrimsonJim
10/11/2010, 12:11 PM
And they STILL won't get to play for the MNC. :D

CrimsonJim
10/11/2010, 12:12 PM
grrr...I snoozed by one damned minute and Mississippi Sooner beat me to it. http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

olevetonahill
It'd be funny if Boise did wind up as the only unbeaten, and yet still get left out of the national title game.

No it wouldnt, that means WE Lose one and That **** aint funny :eek:

deweydw
Ya snooze ya lose :P

Yep, work got in the way. :rolleyes:

Poor Pokes lose 4 games.

Mississippi Sooner
:D

But seriously, I still think the Smurfs will have their hands full with Nevada.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 12:14 PM
grrr...I snoozed by one damned minute and Mississippi Sooner beat me to it. http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

Sounds to me like you and deweydw Need to "Pay Tention ":D

deweydw
10/11/2010, 12:31 PM
My clicker is slow. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with that.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 01:18 PM
If it werks fer you :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2010, 01:19 PM
my wife says my clicker is too fast

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 01:24 PM

She says Mines just right ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2010, 01:25 PM
you BITCH!

badger
10/11/2010, 01:27 PM
Some teams can make it to the title game with one loss, so long as there are not two top teams left that are undefeated.

Boise is not one of them, regardless of how many losses other teams have.

As a general rule, if teams cannot make it to the title game with one loss when there are not two undefeated top teams, than their schedule is too weak to be considered for title game contention, even if they are undefeated.

The BCS will figure this out by season's end when Bois Estate starts to drop.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 01:31 PM
you BITCH!

:P

KantoSooner
10/11/2010, 01:34 PM
If there's ever a year, then this one is likely it: Boise to the Champ game and then Boise mauled like a little girl in the lion cage. Then we won't have to hear about them again for a long time.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 01:38 PM
Well if the smurfs make it into the MNC game , I hope its Us they Play :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2010, 01:39 PM
I think Boise can play with any team in the country this year so even though they might lose, it would be a good game

badger
10/11/2010, 01:42 PM
btw, are they even close (i.e. this season or next) to challenging our 47-game win streak? I think OU has to schedule them if that is the case.

deweydw
10/11/2010, 01:46 PM

She says Mines just right ;)

a3C_wLCZ18M

MojoRisen
10/11/2010, 01:56 PM
btw, are they even close (i.e. this season or next) to challenging our 47-game win streak? I think OU has to schedule them if that is the case.

They lost to TCU year before last - so they can't be more than 20 games right now.

Mississippi Sooner
10/11/2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, and their home winning streak has a huge * too.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2010, 02:01 PM

They lost to TCU year before last - so they can't be more than 20 games right now.

I haven't looked to see how many seniors they have, but since they returned almost everyone from last year, I suspect they lose a bunch of players.

Okie35
10/11/2010, 04:42 PM
I already think Nevada will beat em but now I don't even want it a contest. Boise will probably win though.

Okie35
10/11/2010, 04:44 PM
I haven't looked to see how many seniors they have, but since they returned almost everyone from last year, I suspect they lose a bunch of players.

They have 19 seniors among them are Austin Pettis and Titus Young. So they lose a lot of play makers. Kellen Moore is a junior but I doubt he leaves. He might want to play another year w/ his brother.

GKeeper316
10/11/2010, 06:12 PM
**** boise

badger
10/11/2010, 07:42 PM
They have 19 seniors among them are Austin Pettis and Titus Young. So they lose a lot of play makers. Kellen Moore is a junior but I doubt he leaves. He might want to play another year w/ his brother.

That got me thinkin... what else would cause Kellen to stay around?

http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/de90b045-1b3a-44cc-b6af-91fd21ec1c52/output.gif

stoopified
10/11/2010, 07:46 PM
My wife says my clicker is TOO big.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 08:00 PM
My wife says my clicker is TOO big.

She says Mines just right :D

NormanPride
10/12/2010, 09:47 AM
Going out on a limb here to say Michigan State ends up unbeaten. Their last remaining test is at Iowa, but I think they have the horses and the D to get through that.

Nevada has a chance to beat Bois Estate, but I don't think they will. Everyone's getting all hyped up about them, but the best team they beat was Cal at home. I know it's not a big home advantage, but still... They shouldn't lose before Bois Estate comes to Reno, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a stinker somewhere.

No way anyone in the SEC goes undefeated, and Utah, TCU and Air Force will take care of the unbeatens in the MWC.

That leaves the Big 12, Oregon and tOSU. The nuckbutts might win out, but their QB really isn't that amazing, and I think they lose at Iowa against their very solid D. Oregon WILL tank this year. They've looked bad in every game but miraculously put on 40 points in the 4th quarter. Someday they'll play a team that doesn't give up huge plays and turnovers and will lose. They are our antithesis. A third of the Big 12 is undefeated, and that may not change this weekend. Next weekend, though, all four play one of the other zero loss teams. Nebraska on the road at OSU should be a cakewalk for the Bugeaters, but we are going to have our hands full with Mizzou. Hopefully the team has all their ridiculous quotes from before the season plastered all over the locker room.

After that, Nebraska has pretty smooth sailing until the Big 12 title game. If they get past Mizzou at home then they don't really have any other tests. We, however, still have Baylor and OSU on the road after that. And with the way our team is playing I would be absolutely shocked if we go undefeated. I still say we make it to the Big 12 title game, though.

SouthFortySooner
10/12/2010, 10:10 AM
I think Boise can play with any team in the country this year so even though they might lose, it would be a good game

I too feel like they have a very disciplined team and always play with a lot of heart. A playoff would spell their contending.

NormanPride
10/12/2010, 11:37 AM
This year I think needs a playoff more than even in 2008. In 2008 you had about three teams that could compete for the title, but this year there are about ten. 2007 was another year that could have used one.

jkjsooner
10/12/2010, 11:51 AM
I think it's an absolute shame that half the teams are excluded from title contention before the first kickoff. You play the game to compete for championships. Even teams that are below average should still be able to dream prior to the first game.

I know of no other sport at any level that excludes a team from the championship prior to beginning the season. (The only comparison could be the mythical national championships given to high school teams but those are much more mythical and much less official than anything we have in D1 football.)

Not only do we need a playoff but we also need a system so that no team is automatically excluded from the playoff. I would argue for an 8 team playoff using something similar to the BCS rankings to choose the 8 teams with additional play-in games if it happens that an undefeated team is not in the top 8 (probably very rare). I wouldn't mind some type of safeguard to keep a team from becoming an independent and loading up on 11 cupcakes every year (minimal SOS or a selection committee that could exclude a team) ...

As for Boise, if BCS teams don't like their schedule then schedule a home/away series with them. Boise has stated they will play anyone so long as they get a return trip. They're an established program and frankly deserve it. Otherwise, we're asking them to jump a hurdle we would never jump ourselves.

Edit: If we really don't want the Boise States of the world competing for a title then we should not have let them into D1-A (or whatever it is called now).

MeMyself&Me
10/12/2010, 12:03 PM
Edit: If we really don't want the Boise States of the world competing for a title then we should not have let them into D1-A (or whatever it is called now).

It was their choice really. There is FCS if that's so important to them.

Look, for those that can't stand the bowls and absolutely have to have a playoff to enjoy football, can you please go and watch FCS or the NFL and quit trying to **** it up for the rest of us? :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2010, 12:54 AM
Ryan Dinwiddie