Bama has 6 games left.

Mississippi
Tenn
LSU
Miss. State
Ga. State
Auburn

Every single one of these teams have an open week before they play Bama.:eek:
I always check to see if Texas and OSU have an open week before they play us. It would be really frustrating to be a Bama fan right now knowing you've been setup like that.

Sooner74
10/10/2010, 11:26 PM
Bama has 6 games left.

Mississippi
Tenn
LSU
Miss. State
Ga. State
Auburn

Every single one of these teams have an open week before they play Bama.:eek:
I always check to see if Texas and OSU have an open week before they play us. It would be really frustrating to be a Bama fan right now knowing you've been setup like that.

Ok, realistically do you see mississippi/miss st./Ga. State winning anyway? Secondly, most teams are prepared in a week anyway. Do the second weeks help? Debateable.

Tigeman
10/10/2010, 11:36 PM
They threw a fit about it before the season started....do you blame em?

Sooner74
10/10/2010, 11:40 PM
They threw a fit about it before the season started....do you blame em?

No Blame...but it seems like a weak excuse they are making before the game, in case they lose.

oudavid1
10/10/2010, 11:46 PM
Bama has had it pretty easy and the SEC even admitted to trying to help them out a little. Besides, they already lost to SCar so whats the difference.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2010, 11:50 PM
Whining about a tough schedule is wimpy.

Tigeman
10/11/2010, 12:02 AM
Well the deal was there was some scandal. Apparently 3 or 4 of the teams during this stretch adjusted their schedules to schedule a bye once they had already released their schedule dates.

Whiney or not, you guys know damn well we'd be throwing a fit if we were in the same situation. Conspiracy or not!

Sooner74
10/11/2010, 12:07 AM
Well the deal was there was some scandal. Apparently 3 or 4 of the teams during this stretch adjusted their schedules to schedule a bye once they had already released their schedule dates.

Whiney or not, you guys know damn well we'd be throwing a fit if we were in the same situation. Conspiracy or not!

I'd be mad...It wouldn't be board material and I probably would think of it as a challenge. Good teams win...it is that simple.

That is like saying it isn't fair we don't play Texas at home every 2 years. What about playing OSU away 2 years in a row? Not excuses for teams that win.

sooner59
10/11/2010, 12:15 AM
They will win out. One-loss Bama at the end of the season.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2010, 12:17 AM
When we've had crazy stretches we've just manned up and won a tough stretch.

oumartin
10/11/2010, 12:30 AM
We play in Stillwater this year and next year. Lets complain about that.

None of those teams are a threat to Bama so who cares.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2010, 01:09 AM
We play in Stillwater this year and next year.
Anyone know why that is?

hotshot13422
10/11/2010, 01:10 AM
Anyone know why that is?

The new conference schedule

yankee
10/11/2010, 01:23 AM

auburn appears to most definitely be a threat...

MamaMia
10/11/2010, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=oumartin;2981601]We play in Stillwater this year and next year. Lets complain about that.
QUOTE]What? Are you serious? :confused: :mad: :confused:

MamaMia
10/11/2010, 01:33 AM
The new conference schedule

So, why would that make a difference?

Salt City Sooner
10/11/2010, 02:01 AM

You won't catch me dead complaining about it; reason being that the tradeoff is that Tech has to come to Norman 2 years in a row. Anybody who's griping about Stilly 2x should check out our recent history there vs. Lubbock. I strongly suspect said discontent will simmer down in fairly short order.

yermom
10/11/2010, 02:58 AM
the crappy thing is that it will be a bitch getting tickets two years in a row

OUinFLA
10/11/2010, 06:58 AM
the crappy thing is that it will be a bitch getting tickets two years in a row

I heard TBoone is going to be putting season tickets in floating halloween balloons as prizes around the state.
Perhaps you can find one of those.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/11/2010, 08:07 AM
Bama has 6 games left.

Mississippi
Tenn
LSU
Miss. State
Ga. State
Auburn

It's a good thing that Ole Miss is terrible, Tennessee sucks, LSU = Tennessee, MS State sucks, and Georgia State is bad.

Auburn is the only "decent" team on that list and I don't know if they are for real yet or not.

The SEC has been good the last few years, but is 3rd best conference at best this year.

Frozen Sooner
10/11/2010, 08:10 AM
It's a good thing that Ole Miss is terrible, Tennessee sucks, LSU = Tennessee, MS State sucks, and Georgia State is bad.

Auburn is the only "decent" team on that list and I don't know if they are for real yet or not.

The SEC has been good the last few years, but is 3rd best conference at best this year.

MEATGRINDER!

goingoneight
10/11/2010, 08:20 AM
They have as much right to complain as we do for having to go to some places two years in a row. Are they gonna put a rule in place now that somehow prevents this?

The Maestro
10/11/2010, 08:20 AM

Agreed. I hardly call their schedule unfair. The last three weeks was the tough stretch...now they cruise until Auburn.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2010, 08:25 AM
Those Dallas Cowboys looked good after their bye didn't they. All of those teams suck except LSU and Auburn. Alabama has a bye before they play LSU so you can take that one off of your list.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/11/2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think LSU is the easy pass some of you do. For one thing the game is at Tiger Stadium. For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.

budbarrybob
10/11/2010, 10:14 AM
Fire BV!!!![hairGel]

oumartin
10/11/2010, 10:15 AM
You won't catch me dead complaining about it; reason being that the tradeoff is that Tech has to come to Norman 2 years in a row. Anybody who's griping about Stilly 2x should check out our recent history there vs. Lubbock. I strongly suspect said discontent will simmer down in fairly short order.

r u kidding me? this isn't Mike Leaches Tech anymore

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2010, 10:21 AM
r u kidding me? this isn't Mike Leaches Tech anymore

But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".

oumartin
10/11/2010, 10:24 AM
But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".

It's Craig James behind the mask! And he woulda gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2010, 10:33 AM
I'm picturing the unmasking now, after a misfiring boobytrap in the equipment shed ends up subduing Shaggy and Scooby, but miraculously some side effect causes the pirate to be caught up in a tangle of water hoses after which Fred pulls the mask to reveal Craig's face.

CrimsonRez
10/11/2010, 11:12 AM
We all made choices...Bama chose to be in the SouthEast ;)

texas bandman
10/11/2010, 11:53 AM

ROTFLMAO

Classic.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/11/2010, 12:15 PM
But, why would ESPN's latest proclaimed Greatest Team of All Time of Last Week need to complain about scheduling?

TUSooner
10/11/2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think LSU is the easy pass some of you do. For one thing the game is at Tiger Stadium. For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.

THIS^^^ Les may look like a dope. He might even be a dope. But his team is always ready to play hard (if not smart). Plus, he's either made a deal with the devil, or he's got that Forrest-Gump-I-can't-fail-no-matter-how dumb-I am vibe going on. I hate LSU, but they are baaaaaad (by which I mean good). Look for them to beat Bama, win the SEC, and be in the BCS-MNC game. You heard it here first!

btb916
10/11/2010, 12:39 PM
THIS^^^ Les may look like a dope. He might even be a dope. But his team is always ready to play hard (if not smart). Plus, he's either made a deal with the devil, or he's got that Forrest-Gump-I-can't-fail-no-matter-how dumb-I am vibe going on. I hate LSU, but they are baaaaaad (by which I mean good). Look for them to beat Bama, win the SEC, and be in the BCS-MNC game. You heard it here first!

Err...I doubt that, myself. I think they will lose to Bama or Auburn, maybe both. They might lose a head-scratcher, as well. With the mad hatter, you never know though.

OhU1
10/11/2010, 01:01 PM
For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.

I'm surprised Les was not the coach of Colorado 20 years ago when the imfamous 5th down play occurred at Missouri. That's the type of luck Les is playing in.

Les will take on any "sucker" with his football team. He likes this football team. Losing is not what he plans with this football team.

CatfishSooner
10/11/2010, 01:28 PM
SUCKER!!!!!!1

stoopified
10/11/2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone know why that is?Bob said it was voted on by the conference.He said everybody was going to have to play two straight away games with somebody.The impreesion I got was Bob would rather play two in a row in Stillwater than College Station or Columbia.

10/11/2010, 07:50 PM
The new conference scheduleThat's not really an answer to the question, you know...

Tigeman
10/11/2010, 07:50 PM
Bob said it was voted on by the conference.He said everybody was going to have to play two straight away games with somebody.The impreesion I got was Bob would rather play two in a row in Stillwater than College Station or Columbia.

I thought we ALSO had to play aTm at home twice too?

Tigeman
10/11/2010, 07:55 PM
OOps, nvm! Just peaked at the schedule....I was wrong :)

GKeeper316
10/11/2010, 08:11 PM
saban said in an interview last week that he had his staff go back over the last 5 years and look at the records of teams in the sec that had bye weeks and how they did coming back from a week off... 29-29 so no discernable advantage either way.

10/11/2010, 11:25 PM
Bob said it was voted on by the conference.He said everybody was going to have to play two straight away games with somebody.The impreesion I got was Bob would rather play two in a row in Stillwater than College Station or Columbia.Who does OU get at home in Norman 2 yrs in a row?(I woosh it was the cows)

agoo758
10/11/2010, 11:40 PM
The way I see it, those teams could easily come out rusty. And why is Alabama playing Georgia State for week 11????????????

Salt City Sooner
10/12/2010, 12:05 AM
Who does OU get at home in Norman 2 yrs in a row?(I woosh it was the cows)

Take a peek at post #17.

King Barry's Back
10/12/2010, 09:29 AM

Wait goll darned minute. We play in Stillwater this year and next?

I am pretty damn well ready to complain about that.

With our troubles in Stillwater, that could EASILY cost us a national title, and is absolutely NOT anything to giggle about.

King Barry's Back
10/12/2010, 09:36 AM
OK, now I've read the whole thread.

If everybody had to play somebody on the road two years in a row, why didn't we just pick TX?

We could just wear our white jerseys two years in a row and everything else is even.

Going to Stillwater twice is bull****.

Tidefan36854
10/14/2010, 08:29 PM
The way I see it, those teams could easily come out rusty. And why is Alabama playing Georgia State for week 11????????????

We are playing GSU because little sister has a bye week and we are playing them on a short week. The game is on Friday after Thanksgiving, and GSU was plugged in to give an easier game before the Iron Bowl. Auburn looks pretty good this year, but going 11 games without a bye just to have a week off before is dumb. They did the same thing last year, and they were gassed down the stretch. It probably cost them several games last year, and very well could do so this year as well.

Getting to whip the **** out of Bill Curry is gravy!;)