PDA

View Full Version : As if the Folk in Congress aint got enough folks POd at em

olevetonahill
10/10/2010, 07:09 AM
Now they gonna get the Old Folk on their asses, And just before the Lections

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101010/ap_on_bi_ge/us_social_security_no_cola;_ylt=Al.ofUK2iCqCVw0Tn1 rkq5Ks0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNxaGY3OXZuBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMT AxMDEwL3VzX3NvY2lhbF9zZWN1cml0eV9ub19jb2xhBGNjb2Rl A21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMgRwb3MDNwRwdANob21lX2Nva2 UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDbm9zb2NpYWxzZWN1

OUHOMER
10/10/2010, 07:29 AM
How are the dems going to explain that there was no infaltion this year.

Your right congress will have a hard time with this one,

olevetonahill
10/10/2010, 07:41 AM
I think one of the biggest things holding "INFLATION" down is the fact that the housing market hasnt recovered nor will it for quite some time .
When new home starts are real low like they have been , then Demand for other products goes way down. Lumber, Shingles that kinda stuff. which relates to less employment.
But how Many Old Folk on SS are in the Housing Market anyway
Hell Food has gone up, Gas has gone up , Medicine has gone up.

I just bought tires for my truck
2 years ago the same Tire was 65 bucks each . They are now 90 .

StoopTroup
10/10/2010, 09:36 AM
When you say old folks....you mean you, right Vet? :D

olevetonahill
10/10/2010, 09:44 AM
Well Thot I dint need to say it :D

CrimsonJim
10/10/2010, 10:56 AM
Vet is a member in good standing of the Old Focks of America. http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif

Oh, you said "folks"...my bad.

Jerk
10/10/2010, 04:57 PM
Karl Denniger's prediction for this economy has always been deflation.

It's a word that the Federal Reserve won't even use; they'll find a euphemism for it. Like replace 'pass away' for 'death'. For good reason, deflation is like a black hole that can suck up jobs and wealth.

The Fed is now trying to 'kick start' the economy by creating inflation. That needs to be done but if wages aren't coupled to price increases then the plebeians will soon have their pitchforks out.

The thing that gets me is this: Congress has already shot their wad at massive stimuli and pork packages. Why not spend a few extra billions to pay off the old geezers so they'll vote for you? Hell, we've already sh*t trillions down the drain.