PDA

View Full Version : Does Oklahoma?

oudavid1
10/10/2010, 03:17 AM
Have the toughest overall schedule in the nation this year? If not, who does?

sooner59
10/10/2010, 03:19 AM
We are up there. Our opponents winning help that, though. FSU, Air Force, and Cincy helped us a little this week.

soonercastor
10/10/2010, 03:22 AM
gonna have to look a random SOC rankings but Alabama's stretch is purty brutal. Air Force and FSU definitely put us up there :D. Gonna see the SOC after tomorrow's rankings come out.

oudavid1
10/10/2010, 03:23 AM
Even Utah State is helping out. FSU did work on the cons. And Air Force is pretty decent. Cincy could maybe somehow sorta win the big east.

gaylordfan1
10/10/2010, 04:36 AM
FSU came through for us BIG TIME tonight! I was explaining to the wife tonight about who we have beat and who they beat tonight and how this will help us with the BCS.... (mainly FSU beating UM), then she brought up a very good point.... "Didn't Boise beat Oregon State?". So, Boise beating Oregon State which beat Arizona will be as beneficial as us beating FSU and them beating UM. I don't know if I should love or hate having a wife that can throw a wrench in my chain when talking college football!

soonercastor
10/10/2010, 04:40 AM
FSU came through for us BIG TIME tonight! I was explaining to the wife tonight about who we have beat and who they beat tonight and how this will help us with the BCS.... (mainly FSU beating UM), then she brought up a very good point.... "Didn't Boise beat Oregon State?". So, Boise beating Oregon State which beat Arizona will be as beneficial as us beating FSU and them beating UM. I don't know if I should love or hate having a wife that can throw a wrench in my chain when talking college football!

true but FSU is a direct opponent, much bigger impact.

gaylordfan1
10/10/2010, 04:43 AM
true but FSU is a direct opponent, much bigger impact.

True, but the same goes with Oregon State being a direct opponent of Boise State.... Correct? Kinda the same thing, right?

pappy
10/10/2010, 05:10 AM
but florida state only has 1 loss and oregon state has 2

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2010, 08:51 AM
BSU's best wins are against two unranked two-loss teams. tOSU's best win came against a 2-loss thUg team who could be unranked come this next poll. TCU's best win came against one of the same 2-loss teams that BSU beat. Oregon has a great win over Stanford, but their second best win came against a putrid Tenn team. Neb's best win came against an unranked and overinflated KSU team. We and MSU are the only two undefeateds left who have beaten two ranked teams (MSU beat Michigan and Wisky).

BTW, did Herbie even mention last night in his discussion on polls that we monkey-stomped that very FSU team who took thUg to the woodshed?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2010, 09:04 AM
I would probably say Iowa State does...

Okie35
10/10/2010, 09:31 AM
I was going to say South Carolina usually has the hardest schedule. On this site we're at 15th.

http://www.gberatings.com/sos/

Overall ratings we're at 1...

http://www.gberatings.com/

PDXsooner
10/10/2010, 09:40 AM
Oregon State's non conference schedule included TCU and Boise.

The Maestro
10/10/2010, 09:43 AM
Come early December our win over FSU and Ohio State's win over Miami could be the deciding BCS factor for us over the Bucknuts, so thanks to the Noles for coming to life.

I just don't see a loss on Oregon's schedule. It could happen, but they have all the toughest games at home. But it could get real interesting. If Ohio State were to lose and then Oregon runs the table...and then loses to Oregon State, who will get the nod??? TCU and Boise BOTH beat them! I'd say strength of schedule at that point would favor TCU since they have to get by Air Force and Utah. I'd still seriously love a rematch with Boise out here in the desert.

Okie35
10/10/2010, 10:04 AM
On here http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/oklahoma/2010.html we're 8th and it will probably go up considering Air Force and FSU won.

MeMyself&Me
10/10/2010, 10:07 AM
BTW, did Herbie even mention last night in his discussion on polls that we monkey-stomped that very FSU team who took thUg to the woodshed?

Herbie has a history of forgetting to mention OU when talking about polls. During OU's butt stomping of Missouri in the Big 12 title game in '07 in which he worked, he listed through all the 2 loss teams that had an argument to get to play Ohio State and why... except OU.

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2010, 10:18 AM
It's surprising, since he picked us to get to the BCS Title Game. You know, right now, Phil Steele is looking REAL smart!

MI Sooner
10/10/2010, 10:54 AM
Last night Herbie talked about where Bama should drop to, and he said around 5-6. Now, I guess it depends on your philosophy a little, because I still think Bama is a top 5 team, but I think the polls are more intended to measure whate you've done, and I don't see how they could be top 5 since they should only be between 3rd and 5th in their conference (behind Auburn and South Carolina for sure, and possibly LSU and Arkansas).

I'll be very interested to see what the polls look like, as the Big XII was clearly getting no respect last week (possibly deservedly). You had all the undefeateds, then a few one loss teams, then the "bad" big 10 undefeateds, then some more 1-loss teams, then the "bad" Big XII undefeateds. If Mizzou and Okie St. remain the most lightly regarded BCS undefeateds, we'll have a hard time getting any bump in the polls aside from a possible Big XII conference championship game. Also, don't look now but the ACC may still go to Va Tech, boosting Boise's resume. And if pollsters are comparing us to Boise, two things will really hurt us, 1) our Fiesta Bowl loss to them, and 2) our NCG losses. People will say that "Chokelahoma" has had their turn and now Boise should get theirs.

Finally, I know this is a stretch and looking WAY too far ahead, but if we run the table, don't be too surprised if we end up with victories over 4 BCS-bowl teams (FSU, Neb, Cinci (I think they'll finish 2nd in BE behind WVU), and whoever we play in a BCS game). I wonder if that's ever been done before?

ouengineer97
10/10/2010, 11:01 AM
I was going to say South Carolina usually has the hardest schedule. On this site we're at 15th.

http://www.gberatings.com/sos/

Overall ratings we're at 1...

http://www.gberatings.com/

Thanks for posting. It is interesting to me that Oregon and Neb are ranked at 102 and 108 in this poll for SOC. Eventhough this is not an exact science, it is clear that they have truly not played anyone, yet. I am calling for Texas to beat Neb next week based on the Texas defense shutting down that freshman QB. I actually hope that I am wrong, but...

Salt City Sooner
10/10/2010, 11:28 AM
Sagarin has us @ 15 SOS as well. Oregon St. is #1. They've played his #2,3, & 7 teams.

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 11:29 AM
Oregon State's non conference schedule included TCU and Boise.

Ten years ago that ain't so bad.

PDXsooner
10/10/2010, 11:43 AM
I just don't see a loss on Oregon's schedule.

I disagree. Oregon still plays:

at USC ( I KNow it ain't your father's USC, but a very talented team and a very loseable game)

at Cal

Arizona (Mike Stoops has had success at Autzen)

at Oregon St (a rivalry game in which the home team has won every year since '97 with the exception being 2008)