PDA

View Full Version : Most Despondent Fan Base

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 01:43 AM
Which fan base is gulping down the most anti-depressants this week?

My vote: USC. You lose after going up with only 1:30 left in the game. And there is little light at the end of the tunnel. And you're stuck with the Kiffins.

soonercastor
10/10/2010, 01:49 AM
well they've been pretty much playing for nothing this year, I think Bama; they really thought they were gonna repeat this year (undefeated)

agoo758
10/10/2010, 01:51 AM
I'll go with Michigan. To be frank, that state is a complete ****hole right now, and thought of hiring Rich Rod was supposed to give them a little comfort, but now they are coming off 2 losing seasons in a row, blown out today by little brother, and wondering how they could have been so stupid to push Carr out the door.

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 01:53 AM
How about Texas? Wyoming, UCLA, and Rice all got thoroughly drilled.

agoo758
10/10/2010, 01:55 AM
All good choices...... I'll also bet the Miami fan base bought too much of ESPN's "miami's back" routine, and now they have been hit with harsh reality

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 01:56 AM
Don't forget New Mexico. Beaten by then-winless New Mexico St. Ouch!

Tigeman
10/10/2010, 01:59 AM
Florida!

They thought they just got beat by a good team in Bama, and were willing to chalk it up to that. They figured no way they could lose to an overrated LSU team, especially at home and to one coached by the most interesting coach in the world! Not to mention when's the last time they lost 2 in a row? I mean, come on, they couldn't be that bad could they?

Sorry FL, ..... http://lumdimsum.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/SOUPNAZI.png

agoo758
10/10/2010, 02:01 AM
Central Arkansas lost to the school I am currently attending (Northwestern St.) We went 0-11 last year, and we were 1-4 going into today (with the win being against a Div. 2 team). I bet CA fans are pretty down.

sooner59
10/10/2010, 02:04 AM
USC has to be down. They have no shot at a title....even before the season. And now they have lost two games early in the season just as they are getting into the meat of their schedule. This entire season is for not for SC fans. I love it.

ccmike9
10/10/2010, 02:17 AM
I'll go with Michigan. To be frank, that state is a complete ****hole right now, and thought of hiring Rich Rod was supposed to give them a little comfort, but now they are coming off 2 losing seasons in a row, blown out today by little brother, and wondering how they could have been so stupid to push Carr out the door.

This. Everyone's statuses on Facebook were about how "blue let them down" and how "they can't believe they let themselves get excited." It's a sad circumstance

OUstud
10/10/2010, 02:18 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say Tennessee. The way they lost the LSU game (too many men on the field), plus the curbstomping at a very bad Georgia, plus the complete collapse against Oregon...looking pretty John Blake/Smellyberger-ian. Honorable mention to: Minnesota, Colorado, and Michigan.

Husker In Oklahoma
10/10/2010, 06:07 AM
I'll also bet the Miami fan base bought too much of ESPN's "miami's back" routine, and now they have been hit with harsh reality

I didn't know Miami had fans?? :cool:

swardboy
10/10/2010, 07:54 AM
Having lived in Alabama I'll roll with the Tide "faithful". They turn on a coach so fast I almost pity Saban....they're probably saying "I toled ya he'd lose a game evry year!!!!"

MI Sooner
10/10/2010, 07:59 AM
This. Everyone's statuses on Facebook were about how "blue let them down" and how "they can't believe they let themselves get excited." It's a sad circumstance

I work with tons of Michigan fans, and I don't know any that were confident they'd win this weekend, and both MSU and UM fans were surprised that UM was such a big favorite. I'm sure UM is disappointed with the loss, but they're more where we were at in 1999. They'd be happy w/ 7-5 or 8-4 and a bowl.

I'd think Texas, USC, and Florida are better suggestions.

texaspokieokie
10/10/2010, 08:02 AM
I work with tons of Michigan fans, and I don't know any that were confident they'd win this weekend, and both MSU and UM fans were surprised that UM was such a big favorite. I'm sure UM is disappointed with the loss, but they're more where we were at in 1999. They'd be happy w/ 7-5 or 8-4 and a bowl.

i'd pick tejas, & it sure feels good !!!!!

Mississippi Sooner
10/10/2010, 08:09 AM
Having lived in Alabama I'll roll with the Tide "faithful". They turn on a coach so fast I almost pity Saban....they're probably saying "I toled ya he'd lose a game evry year!!!!"

I'll tell ya one thing, I ain't gonna miss the Paul Finebaum show tomorrow. OU has nothing on Bama when it comes to Monday morning, armchair quarterbacks, and Paul gives them a four hour forum every weekday to practice their craft.

Plus, all the Auburn fans will be pouring out of the woodwork.

Breadburner
10/10/2010, 08:30 AM
PSU fans cant be to happy......

Flagstaffsooner
10/10/2010, 08:48 AM
Meatchicken misses...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UquHGKbMiF0/SZH_vDLjh0I/AAAAAAAAAA4/3JE78sBlWgQ/s320/ncf_g_schembechler_275.jpg

DenverSooner751
10/10/2010, 08:52 AM
I'd go with Miami.....all the talk from ESPN and others about how "Da U" is back probably went straight to their domes.....

My second place team will be the CU fan base which is almost always delusional anyway but especially so whenever they have a glimpse at a winning football record. Around here they were giving coach Hawkins a little bit of a break after having all these losing seasons in a row and then they got smashed by MU....it'll be a funny conversation on Monday. =)

StoopTroup
10/10/2010, 09:06 AM
It's a tad early to comment really. Bama and tejas have to be right up there of course but my vote is gonna go to a team in Stoolwater as you can just feel the meltdown brewing right now. Maybe it's because of the amount of new orange walmart shirts I'm seeing on a daily basis but in my heart I know that they will all be in a pile of rags at Goodwill by years end.

Jacie
10/10/2010, 09:25 AM
I think Colorado and is way ahead of the curve from where they were last year so one loss is not so bad.

Big Blue fans, however, saw their undefeated dreams come to an end. I rate them as the third most despondent.

The sa*et fanbase is in complete disarray. The loss to UCLA was totally unexpected but more than that, they know their team looked like dog cr*p in the process. Seeing more of the same against OU showed em that game was the norm not an abberration, a harbinger of things to come (like this week vs. nebbish). I'd say the whorn fans are vying for the MDFB title.

But they are getting some stiff competition from the Bama fans. Crimson Tide was sky high after the total beatdown of the gators. Then to see their vaunted rushing attack get shutdown must have been a bitter pill to swallow. They fall from #1 ranking (though not far) and know they no longer control their own fate in terms of getting back to the title game. Losing for them was their dream meets reality. They are the new #2 fanbase contending for the MDFB title.

The SUC and Miami fans have a long way to go to catch up to Bama and sa*et. I think SC crowd has taken a sabbatical from football till the probation runs it's course, while the people in south Florida are all Dolphin fans and don't care about UM even when they were having that run in the 80's.

texaspokieokie
10/10/2010, 09:45 AM
Meatchicken misses...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UquHGKbMiF0/SZH_vDLjh0I/AAAAAAAAAA4/3JE78sBlWgQ/s320/ncf_g_schembechler_275.jpg

yeah, they should dig him up.

delhalew
10/10/2010, 09:46 AM
I'll tell ya one thing, I ain't gonna miss the Paul Finebaum show tomorrow. OU has nothing on Bama when it comes to Monday morning, armchair quarterbacks, and Paul gives them a four hour forum every weekday to practice their craft.

Plus, all the Auburn fans will be pouring out of the woodwork.

Out of curiosity, can you you listen to that show on any normal day? I have tried repeatedly, but if you guys think Traber is a pompous @ss, you outta hear this tool. He talks more about himself and his idiotic callers than he does football.
It's the Jerry Springer of sports radio, and derails the programming of an otherwise awesome channel on Sirius/XM devoted totally to college sports.

I will give him ONE thing. Sometimes he gets big name coaches that are hard to get, and usually is a very good interviewer. The problem is, that is like a waiting for Hailey's Comet. The rest of the time is Bama fans fellating Paul.

ouflak
10/10/2010, 09:49 AM
I'll throw in a team that no one has mentioned yet, Penn State. I'm sure a good majority of those fans thought this season could really be something special, even if they dropped an early game to 'Bama. They just lost their third game at home by 20 points to a debatably-better-than-mediocre Illinois team. Ouch.

Breadburner
10/10/2010, 09:54 AM
I'll throw in a team that no one has mentioned yet, Penn State. I'm sure a good majority of those fans thought this season could really be something special, even if they dropped an early game to 'Bama. They just lost their third game at home by 20 points to a debatably-better-than-mediocre Illinois team. Ouch.

PSU fans cant be to happy......Post #17.....:D

stoopified
10/10/2010, 09:56 AM
well they've been pretty much playing for nothing this year, I think Bama; they really thought they were gonna repeat this year (undefeated)Winner

I love that the Condomns have lost two straight games becuse teams drove the length of the field for a winning FG in the closing seconds.

yermom
10/10/2010, 10:24 AM
right now, i'm guessing Florida. one loss, to Bama, could be easy to bounce back from. they are likely out of the picture now

Bama can still probably win out and get back to where they need to be.

Texas fans looking at going into Lincoln, with an off week to watch the Huskers rape the Mildcats can't be too thrilled with the idea of dropping 3 in a row

i still kinda think they find a way to win though.

oudivesherpa
10/10/2010, 10:42 AM
Houston they lost their first and second string QB in one game and are playing with a freshman QB. On, they got blown out yesterday at home by Miss. State.

yermom
10/10/2010, 10:44 AM
ugh. didn't know about the QB's. i flipped to that game for a second and it was already way ugly

texaspokieokie
10/10/2010, 10:48 AM
how bout north texas ?? they had to START their 4TH team QB yesterday.
3 have been injured, including coache's son.

and he had been playing wide-out.

they've had an enormous amount of injuries.

yermom
10/10/2010, 10:50 AM
but they weren't exactly having Glendale dreams like others mentioned

the Pokes won't be on this list either until they lose to us, because they always have that game to hope for no matter what else happens ;)

KantoSooner
10/10/2010, 12:54 PM
I'd think Texas and USC.

Texas because they thought they had a shot to get back to the game this year and, well, because they're Texas and tend to always think their turds don't stink.

And USC, who, even though they knew they on probation still felt like they'd jusst own the PAC10 because they were SC. I lived around a lot of SC fans for many years and they make Texas fans' entitlement seem as nothing.

I bathe in the warm glow of SCHADENFREUDE today.

Scott D
10/10/2010, 02:00 PM

This

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 02:11 PM
Throw in the St. Louis Rams fan base. So close, yet so far.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2010, 10:40 PM
Bama fans had gone quite a stretch since their last loss so that probably makes the sting hurt a bit more. Whorns oughtta be used to it by now.

Sooner74
10/10/2010, 10:42 PM
I'd have to go with the Cowboys. Such high hopes that a realistic fan can see won't be realized.

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2010, 10:48 PM
Bama fans had gone quite a stretch since their last loss so that probably makes the sting hurt a bit more. Whorns oughtta be used to it by now.

Aren't you forgetting something? Hint: "We're Texas!"

DenverSooner751
10/10/2010, 10:54 PM
I'd have to go with the Cowboys. Such high hopes that a realistic fan can see won't be realized.

Close the thread, this post wins. :stunned:

CatfishSooner
10/10/2010, 11:04 PM
f'n texass

Veritas
10/11/2010, 08:45 AM
Gotta be USC.

The current season is hopeless.
Prior 'championships' are now tainted by egregious infractions.
The wonder boy of a couple of seasons ago sold the school out for a few hundred thousand. And now he's best known for banging an Armenian slut.
The supercoach you had fled town just before the whole thing fell apart.
And yes, you're stuck with the Kiffins.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2010, 08:52 AM
Have to agree with USC for the current season.

As for the "what have you done for me lately" crowd, it's 'Bama. They now have to hope everything falls their way for the teams above them or switch over to being generic SEC! SEC! fans. :D

Sooner in Tampa
10/11/2010, 08:55 AM
* two consecutive losses, not ranked for the first time in years, and facing the bugeaters with the very real possibility that they are going to lose three in a row

Florida fan -- they just assumed that all would be well in the swamp...the Mad Hatter got 'em, and got 'em good. Their lack of a running game is going to be an issue the rest of the year...everybody now knows they have ZERO rushing attack

Cowboys!!! You gotta think, it's about time for Jerry to have a nuclear meltdown...they really were a favorite for the NFC to be in Super Bowl.

HAHAHAHA...life in * must really SUCK right now...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2010, 10:43 AM
I take back what I said about Vols fans. As long as USC is suckin', they're happy.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2010, 11:17 AM
Gotta be USC.

The current season is hopeless.
Prior 'championships' are now tainted by egregious infractions.
The wonder boy of a couple of seasons ago sold the school out for a few hundred thousand. And now he's best known for banging an Armenian slut.
The supercoach you had fled town just before the whole thing fell apart.
And yes, you're stuck with the Kiffins.

AND your team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on the last play of the last 2 games. Both conference games.

AND this is only the first half of the first season of the probation.

Veritas
10/11/2010, 11:27 AM
AND your team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on the last play of the last 2 games. Both conference games.

AND this is only the first half of the first season of the probation.
Yup. Their past, present and future is fscked.

KantoSooner
10/11/2010, 11:47 AM
A sudden warmth, combined with cessation of those nagging aches and pains that come from age and a misspent youth. Lifting of stress and a general feeling of relaxation and wellbeing.
A mood that captures optimism, an eagerness to seize the new day. Confidence that things will get better and better.

Yep, that pretty much describes how I feel whenever I think about USC's situation. Maybe this can go on for a few years and then get suddenly worse for them.

prrriiide
10/11/2010, 11:55 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say Tennessee. The way they lost the LSU game (too many men on the field), plus the curbstomping at a very bad Georgia, plus the complete collapse against Oregon...looking pretty John Blake/Smellyberger-ian. Honorable mention to: Minnesota, Colorado, and Michigan.

Not so much. Everyone here in Knoxville knew it was going to be a horrible year. Most of my friends were thinking 3-4 wins at best. They all know that UT is very young and very green in a lot of key areas, mostly OL where theiy'e playing 4 TF in the rotation.

I'd say Bama fans. THey were going for the repeat, and got completely pwn3d by the Cocks. The score was a lot closer than the game; SC beat Bama, and beat them badly, in every phase of the game.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2010, 12:25 PM
I'd say Bama fans. THey were going for the repeat, and got completely pwn3d by the Cocks. The score was a lot closer than the game; SC beat Bama, and beat them badly, in every phase of the game.

I agree Bama fans are prolly down this week; but I think it will be temporary. They are actually in pretty good shape and could well be in the title game with 1 loss. Arkie and Spurrier's boys were willing to attack the young secondary, but I don't see the remaining foes having the talent to do it. Could well be 'Bama and USC in a rematch.

prrriiide
10/11/2010, 01:28 PM
I agree Bama fans are prolly down this week; but I think it will be temporary. They are actually in pretty good shape and could well be in the title game with 1 loss. Arkie and Spurrier's boys were willing to attack the young secondary, but I don't see the remaining foes having the talent to do it. Could well be 'Bama and USC in a rematch.

Don't forget that they still have to play Lesster at the stadium down at the crossroads...that guy s**ts a rabbit's foot before every game.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2010, 01:32 PM
Don't forget that they still have to play Lesster at the stadium down at the crossroads...that guy s**ts a rabbit's foot before every game.

'tis true, but no way can LSU pass for 250+ yards against 'Bama. They will have to keep it very low scoring and hope Lester can expel 3 rabbit feet before that one.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/11/2010, 05:07 PM

I can speak to the Minnesota fan base. They have been so down-trodden under Brewster that they are almost numb to it.... almost. Think a Vanderbilt fan, or a Northwestern fan of years ago. Though, funny, both of those schools are realizing more relative success these days than is Minnesota.

There is no excuse other than extremely weak leadership for Minnesota not to have a successful football program. The Twin Cities and the Minnesota campus/educational opportunities are every bit the equal if not supperior to what Wisconsin and Iowa can offer. And the new stadium and facilities are great. Really it comes down to the past few university presidents and AD's. They've all made a point of staying out of the coaching salary arms race believing they can get a top notch up-n-comer who wants to make their mark, and would be privileged to do so, at Minnesota.

In short among the leadership there is a highly over-inflated view of Minnesota's standing nationally.

But going back to the "almost" numb to it... those that aren't numb are starting to get sick and tired of being sick and tired. And strangely enough there seems to be a new urgency swelling because of the addition of Nebraska. In effect, MN is going to be forced to compete.

Scott D
10/11/2010, 05:46 PM
odie, it's because Minnesota only really cares about their hockey program ;)

ouwasp
10/11/2010, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.... a great deal of good insights... fine cases made for texas, usc, :) ... Bama (but there's still life because they're SEC :rolleyes: )...

How about North Carolina? This was supposed to be a coming out party for them this year, but the season implodes before their 1st game. And the hits just keep on comin'. Wish I disliked them.

Scott D
10/11/2010, 05:54 PM
nah, Carolina's always been one of those teams that "Is on the verge" of becoming great, but never getting over that hump.

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2010, 07:01 PM
nah, Carolina's always been one of those teams that "Is on the verge" of becoming great, but never getting over that hump.

Gee, that sounds rather familiar.

CrimsonRez
10/11/2010, 07:12 PM
should be those darnded cheatin' gooner fans, team can't win without cheatin'! ;)

Cornfed
10/11/2010, 07:28 PM
I would say the Trojans for reasons already stated.
Second would be the shorthorns, hopefully its painful.

Breadburner
10/11/2010, 09:22 PM
Bama fans back at the top...Julio Jones has a broken hand.....

OUstud
10/14/2010, 10:36 PM
KANSAS

Leroy Lizard
10/14/2010, 10:48 PM
Sooners! What, with OUI and all.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2010, 10:51 PM
This is easy: Texass fans of course. They are already starting to jump off the bandwagon!

Sooner74
10/14/2010, 10:53 PM
You could also say USC fans. They are jumping ship.

slh1234
10/14/2010, 11:55 PM
I didn't know Miami had fans?? :cool:

What? They have the 300 most loyal fans in football! :)

thurman murman
10/14/2010, 11:56 PM
All good choices on this thread.

Damn, it's good to be Sooner!

OU_Sooners75
10/15/2010, 12:06 AM
I'm serious girls... A friend of mine who was a Texas fan up till the ou game decided they sucked so bad that he went out and bought him a new baseball hat. This time it was a south Carolina hat. Then he tells everyone that he has always like the gamecocks. Lol

Sooner in Tampa
10/16/2010, 10:10 PM
Do the bugeaters get a vote now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 10:22 PM
tOSU fans have a long drive home too. All the angst about teams above us can pretty much be put aside now. The teams on our schedule are our real enemies.

soonercastor
10/16/2010, 10:23 PM
Florida up there as well, but yeah Nebraska on top of the list this week; they thought they were on top of the world.

CBUS_SOONER
10/16/2010, 10:26 PM
Speaking of those fans... It was about 6:00pm tonight as I was walking home form the park sporting my OU shirt with my 4 and 2 yr old son... A car of 20-30 yr old males drives up with a mega phone and shouts, "OU sucks, I hope they lose, go Bucks!" Karma B!tches. This kinda Shat happens all the time.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 10:28 PM
Speaking of those fans... It was about 6:00pm tonight as I was walking home form the park sporting my OU shirt with my 4 and 2 yr old son... A car of 20-30 yr old males drives up with a mega phone and shouts, "OU sucks, I hope they lose, go Bucks!" Karma B!tches. This kinda Shat happens all the time.

If it weren't for having your boys with you, I bet that cracked you up :)

StoopTroup
10/16/2010, 10:30 PM
If it weren't for having your boys with you, I bet that cracked you up :)

They do that stuff as they know you probably won't kill them in front of your kids.

VA Sooner
10/16/2010, 10:31 PM
Florida... because they had high expectations after having a championship team twice in three years. Expectations very high... and now have lost three in a row.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2010, 10:31 PM
They do that stuff as they know you probably won't kill them in front of your kids.

Yep, cowards.

Leroy Lizard
10/16/2010, 10:33 PM
Florida has dropped three in a row. That fanbase has to be pretty despondent. Next up: Georgia. One of those two teams' fanbases will likely make this list next week.

EDIT: They play in two weeks. My bad.

tommieharris91
10/16/2010, 10:35 PM
OU. We can only put up 52 points on a lowly Iowa State team. We allowed more than 50 yards to them too.

CBUS_SOONER
10/16/2010, 10:36 PM
Yep, cowards.

Yep. Here's how it goes with both my boys...
Me: BOOMER
Both: SOONER!!!!!
Me: GO sooners
Both boys: Beat Texazz and BOOOOOO Buckeyes.

Gosh I love those lil sh!ts!!!!!!!!

ThinMan
10/16/2010, 10:38 PM
I'm serious girls... A friend of mine who was a Texas fan up till the ou game decided they sucked so bad that he went out and bought him a new baseball hat. This time it was a south Carolina hat. Then he tells everyone that he has always like the gamecocks. Lol

It will be a Kentucky hat tomorrow.

Scott D
10/17/2010, 03:48 PM
Florida's fanbase has to be wondering why Cam Newton is the only player that Meyer has ever kicked off the team about now*

* Yes, I know he may have kicked off a whole other two players

Leroy Lizard
10/23/2010, 02:42 PM
Any updates?

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2010, 02:42 PM
:D

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 12:12 AM
Any challengers to the Horns this week?

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I thought the horns had a chance to pull off the upset of a ranked team being at home and all. I guess not.

agoo758
10/31/2010, 12:23 AM
Any challengers to the Horns this week?

Notre Dame makes a case, but I guess they are just used to it by now.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 12:25 AM
With Texas there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel. But I think Mizzou fans may be up there.

stoopified
10/31/2010, 12:42 AM
I think the Orange Cows and Condomns share the honors.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 01:04 AM
USC? Naaaaah. They had a chance to win and they didn't get blown out. And they weren't expecting much.

Now about Mizzou.

(How about the MSU fans?)

birddog
10/31/2010, 08:07 AM
surrounded by msu fans and you can tell they've never had this much attention before. similar to kstate circa 1999-2000ish.

texaspokieokie
10/31/2010, 08:19 AM
can't believe ND lost to tulsa. terrific !!!!!!!!

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:52 AM
Okay guys, who is it this week? OSU? USC? Florida? Texas? Boise St? Alabama? Miami? LSU?

Oooohh, so many goodies to choose from!

sooner59
11/28/2010, 03:55 AM
You got me there. I would say it is a tie between OSU, Texas, and Boise. I think Florida and Bama fans had already accepted their fates. Given Bama is very pisssseed, but Boise was shocked, tejas isn't bowl eligible, and OSU had the biggest let down of the their program.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:02 AM
You got me there. I would say it is a tie between OSU, Texas, and Boise. I think Florida and Bama fans had already accepted their fates. Given Bama is very pisssseed, but Boise was shocked, tejas isn't bowl eligible, and OSU had the biggest let down of the their program.

Yeah, but Bama had a huge lead.

I say:

1. Boise St.
2. OSU
3. Bama

FirstandGoal
11/28/2010, 04:11 AM
Boise FTW and here's my logic.

3. *-- fans have been drunk at the bottom of the barrel for quite a few weeks now. Really hard to have anything even remotely representing hope when being the bitch of the Big XII South is your new reality.

2. Chokey pokies-- As fun as it was to read their brilliant, insightful, and oh so polished posts this week, underneath it all was the invasive perpetual stink of fear and despair. They tried to fool us (and may even have fooled a lot of themselves) with the affected bravado, but seriously...... they're POKES for God's sakes!!!! :stunned:
We knew they were going to lose, they knew they were going to lose. They knew we knew that they knew they were going to lose.

1. Taters -- Definitely win the vote for this week cause they really drank all the kool aid and thought they had a chance. Hey Boise, must really suck to be ranked high in the BCS and then have to go on the road to play a tough ranked team, eh? :rolleyes: Guess us "elitist" teams from AQ conferences were just making that **** up that it gets harder, huh?
I imagine being exposed like this hurts as much as a sore tooth needing a root canal. Sorry for ya!

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:19 AM
Sorry, I can't go with *. Too many fans want Greg Davis out, so the poor showing Thursday night was mitigated to some extent.

FirstandGoal
11/28/2010, 04:22 AM
Sorry, I can't go with *. Too many fans want Greg Davis out, so the poor showing Thursday night was mitigated to some extent.

Sorry, I meant to add in a bit about how * fans heads are gonna explode cause we're gonna get in the Championship game again on the 3-way tie.
I forgot it cause I'm getting too tired....

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:24 AM
Sorry, I meant to add in a bit about how * fans heads are gonna explode cause we're gonna get in the Championship game again on the 3-way tie.
I forgot it cause I'm getting too tired....

Yeah, I forgot about that.

stoopified
11/28/2010, 11:09 AM
Poor Pokes.They were going to Dallas for the CCG and then a funny thing happened,OKLAHOMA SOONERS got'em again.

bahamasooner
11/28/2010, 02:10 PM
The Bongwhorns, without a doubt. Those ******s went from playing for the NC last season to a LOSING record this year ... and no bowl. Never have I seen a more perfect demonstration of the old adage: "From the penthouse to the outhouse."

85sooners
11/28/2010, 03:45 PM
:D :D

bluedogok
11/28/2010, 03:47 PM
Poor Pokes.They were going to Dallas for the CCG and then a funny thing happened,OKLAHOMA SOONERS got'em again.
The thing is in the back of their of their little Poke minds they expect to lose to OU, even moreso with it all on the line.....so it isn't a complete shock to them...it's just being Aggy.

OUmillenium
11/28/2010, 04:08 PM

Don't be Frank, he's crazy, just be yourself.

OUmillenium
11/28/2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but Bama had a huge lead.

I say:

1. Boise St.
2. OSU
3. Bama

I agree, you could make a case for any of those. great to be a sooner this week

Leroy Lizard
12/12/2010, 05:32 AM
Time for an update. While UT is certainly tops on the list, let's not forget Florida (who think they got a lemon) and Georgia (who think they lost out on an opportunity to replace Richt with one of their own).

PLaw
12/12/2010, 12:12 PM
Time for an update. While UT is certainly tops on the list, let's not forget Florida (who think they got a lemon) and Georgia (who think they lost out on an opportunity to replace Richt with one of their own).

1. * - Down South they are starting to realize how close that tobacco road snake oil salesman has pushed the wagon to the edge of the Llano Estacado and it's about to take a 600 ft. fall.

2. SUC - Out West, they are anticipating what 15 'ships will do to a program and we know all to well that it ain't pretty.

3. Meatchicken - Up North, they are feeling the pain of Rich Rod, but not sure what to do about him.

4. The U - Back East, who cares? Bad school, bad facilities, the stars of the 80's and 90's are starting to see gray in those beards.

Like every day - today, is a good day to be a SOONER

BOOMER

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 01:16 PM
I'd be happy to kick the chair out for Texas fans if they need it.

Leroy Lizard
12/30/2010, 10:46 PM
Vol fans?

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2010, 01:45 AM
Or Husker fans?

texaspokieokie
12/31/2010, 11:01 AM
i'd pick husker fans.
they have the rest of the winter to contemplate whether to murder Bo or commit suicide.

KantoSooner
12/31/2010, 11:20 AM
yeah, Husker fans are probably right at the top of the pile. End what looked, at one point, like a proud season with a two game slide; one of which kind of erases a signature win from earlier in the year and the other which leaves them with loser-taint in the only rivalry they've ever had for oh, I don't know, maybe another 25 years or so.
They've got to be feeling pretty suicidal right about now.
Makes me sad just thinking about it.

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 04:26 AM
Now how about Spartan fans?

Actually, it could be Horn fans once again, now that the Fiesta Bowl is over.