PDA

View Full Version : This season is the most wide open since 07

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:20 PM
No Great Teams...anyone not agree? Discuss

MeMyself&Me
10/9/2010, 11:23 PM
Too early to say. '08 came down to 3 teams but I don't know that we knew it was down to three teams this early in the season.

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:24 PM
Lets think about this...Typically great teams that have NO shot at a natl title

Florida
USC
Texas
Miami- extremely overrated this year, I think everyone would agree

Still alive but have to win out

Bama
LSU-Still dont think they are that good IMO
Arizona
Arky
Iowa
Stanford
South Carolina
Florida St

Undefeated and rocking...so far

OU
Ohio St
Boise- Blaht
Oregon
TCU
Neb
Auburn
Mich St

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:24 PM
Too early to say. '08 came down to 3 teams but I don't know that we knew it was down to three teams this early in the season.

True but 08 had some really really good teams, this year we dont I dont think

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2010, 11:25 PM
Bama is unreal, best team I've seen in a years.

Oh, wait.

Blue
10/9/2010, 11:25 PM
We'll be Great by the end of this year.

Our schedule is looking better and better.

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:30 PM
I think so too but we still have to prove that we can be consistent on the road

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2010, 11:30 PM
I think our great may be a season down the road, but OU is good enough to win it all...

Blue
10/9/2010, 11:35 PM
If we can steal one this year, we may be talking dynasty.

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:35 PM
I think our great may be a season down the road, but OU is good enough to win it all...

and in a year like this, thats all that matters

MeMyself&Me
10/9/2010, 11:36 PM
True but 08 had some really really good teams, this year we dont I dont think

Well, I'll certainly agree that there are no great teams this year... and in that sense, it does remind me of '07. I doubt we're going to have a 2 loss national champion though. '07 was just a weird year all around.

Tigeman
10/9/2010, 11:37 PM
Despite today's stumbling block, I still think Bama is a great team and not a team I'd want to play if I had my choice.

I think Oregon looks pretty freaking good!

SweatervestU, well.... I can't really tell if they're good or playing crap. I never have much respect for them so any decision I made against them would be biased, so I'll refrain from commenting on them.

With or w/o the loss, I still say Bama and the Ducks are the 2 best teams right now. Bama just had a bad game and didn't look like themselves. I'm sorry for their opponent next week!

yermom
10/9/2010, 11:37 PM
LSU is still undefeated, aren't they?

soonercastor
10/9/2010, 11:38 PM
lol the Ducks? really? I don't think so.

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:38 PM
yes but no one believes they wont lose atleast 2 games with those 2 QBs

oumartin
10/9/2010, 11:46 PM
Boise is the best team in the country

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:46 PM
LOL, I dont know if we can argue them being top 3 anymore though...not yet

MamaMia
10/9/2010, 11:47 PM
No Great Teams...anyone not agree? Discuss

Its a bit more wide open than I'd like.

Blue
10/9/2010, 11:47 PM
I'd love to get them in Glendale.

yermom
10/9/2010, 11:49 PM
i've love to see undefeated Boise and undefeated TCU in Glendale

...a week before we are playing there

Collier11
10/9/2010, 11:52 PM
Thatd be awesome :D

agoo758
10/9/2010, 11:52 PM
I am certainly alot more optimistic about our chances if we win out this week than last week.

Dan Thompson
10/10/2010, 10:56 AM
After we beat NU in the CCG, we will jump BS and TCU. Ohio St and Oregon will be #1 and #2, if undefeated.

MeMyself&Me
10/10/2010, 11:21 AM
After we beat NU in the CCG, we will jump BS and TCU. Ohio St and Oregon will be #1 and #2, if undefeated.

Also, having 1 loss AQ teams like Alabama will help OU pass Boise and TCU. The computers will keep 1 loss AQ teams ahead of Boise and TCU easily and the more of those there are, the more ground they'd have to make up in the human components to make it to the championship game.

So it would be good for OU if teams like Alabama win the rest of the way out.

Scott D
10/10/2010, 12:01 PM
heh I'll play this game.

1. Alabama - As shocking as that loss might have been for people, having 9 of 11 new bodies starting on defense was going to catch up to them at some point especially with their schedule (which is ridiculous, and I'm surprised I don't hear more Bama fans saying the SEC was stacking the deck against them)

2. Boise - They are NOT going to be in the title game unless EVERY team in the BCS conferences have at worst 1 loss, at best (in Boise's POV) 2 losses. If the deck continues as it has been Boise's going to get leapfrogged by unbeaten Auburn, Oklahoma, LSU, Nebraska and Boise will find themselves fighting with the winner of the potential MWC championship game teams Utah and TCU for a bid.

Sparty is smoke and mirrors....Wisconsin is overrated (but has a good chance to upset tOSU this Saturday, and like I said last week the Michigan D couldn't stop Betty White from running ragged over them. I kind of like Sparty (which irks my in-laws since they're maize and blue through and through), but they're not as good as they looked yesterday...that game is to them what our game is to the Pokes.

Auburn scares me, I can't explain it...but I take comfort in knowing that Leslie Miles is not going to get through the State of Alabama gauntlet without at least 1 if not 2 losses.

And on a side note, I want to give props to Jordan Jefferson for throwing for EXACTLY 100 yards yesterday against Florida.

Scott D
10/10/2010, 12:02 PM
Oh, and Nebraska jumps Boise next week with a win over Texas.

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2010, 02:52 PM
heh I'll play this game.

2. Boise - They are NOT going to be in the title game unless EVERY team in the BCS conferences have at worst 1 loss, at best (in Boise's POV) 2 losses. If the deck continues as it has been Boise's going to get leapfrogged by unbeaten Auburn, Oklahoma, LSU, Nebraska and Boise will find themselves fighting with the winner of the potential MWC championship game teams Utah and TCU for a bid.

I'd add the caveat that the top non-AQ teams have past the big east and ACC conferences. I agree on the 4 other AQ conference winners.

josh09
10/10/2010, 04:42 PM
I agree, this season is incredibly wide open. What we need to happen for us though (besides us looking out for ourselves and winning out) is either Oregon or Ohio State to go down. Auburn or LSU will fall because they play each other, and there's a good chance both of them could lose anyways, just because they're in the SEC. Any other undefeated teams behind us are too far back to jump us if they happened to go undefeated IMO, and our own points will be enough to jump both TCU and BS.