PDA

View Full Version : Red River Rivalry Smacktalk

SilliSooner
10/8/2010, 02:53 PM
An outsiders look at the big game: Bleacher Report link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/484338-ou-texas-smacktalk-decifered-a-language-prof-views-the-red-river-rivalry)

OU_Sooners75
10/8/2010, 03:18 PM
That was faily good.

IowaSooner26
10/8/2010, 03:19 PM
Chris Spurgeon posted 1 day ago

I hope you were simply trying to be "clever" yourself with your Fire Greg Davis explanation to your friend. You do realize Fire Greg Davis means FIRE OUR INEPT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, right?

If you need clarification, go to www.firedavis.com for more info and to sign the new petition.

Wow. Are all whorns this ****ing stupid?

Widescreen
10/8/2010, 04:00 PM
Probably not. Note that I said "probably".

Sooner70
10/9/2010, 08:31 AM
Say what you will, but likely what contributes most to Texas' current demise is the loss of McCoy (miss his feet), and Shipley. Also, I think playing all those 5A HS teams out of conference gave them the false confidence that they actually may be good again......NOT. Also, some of the longtime Longwhorn fans I know are bemoaning the apparent lack of intellecutal prowness of some of their players in game situations.....Jeffcoat for example.

Leroy Lizard
10/9/2010, 08:49 AM
Say what you will, but likely what contributes most to Texas' current demise is the loss of McCoy (miss his feet), and Shipley. Also, I think playing all those 5A HS teams out of conference gave them the false confidence that they actually may be good again......NOT. Also, some of the longtime Longwhorn fans I know are bemoaning the apparent lack of intellecutal prowness of some of their players in game situations.....Jeffcoat for example.

Prowess?

I liked the article. I think it could have been expanded a bit, but the Greg Davis stuff at the end was wonderful.

fossil
10/9/2010, 09:08 AM
:) By the way, where the heck is that smartassed Texas lawyer who goes by the name of LIDI-GATOR? Haven't heard or seen a single word of him since the OU win over the Longhorns. Has he just crawled back under the rock, or will he have the courage to acknowledge that his beloved Horns ain't so hot? The world waits.........and waits........and waits.......for LID to crawl back!!

picasso
10/9/2010, 09:19 AM

Mack's best teams have had a run/pass QB.

Not Simms/Gilbert types.

olevetonahill
10/9/2010, 09:26 AM
:) By the way, where the heck is that smartassed Texas lawyer who goes by the name of LIDI-GATOR? Haven't heard or seen a single word of him since the OU win over the Longhorns. Has he just crawled back under the rock, or will he have the courage to acknowledge that his beloved Horns ain't so hot? The world waits.........and waits........and waits.......for LID to crawl back!!

Not ALL of us. :P

StoopTroup
10/9/2010, 09:47 AM
One of my favorites is.....

SCOREBOARD!

http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/dynamic/00077/BevoBeat100x80_77255u.jpg