PDA

View Full Version : Nebbish

CrimsonRez
10/8/2010, 12:40 PM
Okay I know that they are good. But how do they expect to beat a team that can walk and chew gum at the same time when they lead the nation in fumbles and are pretty one dimensional? Besides the USC game Washington hasn't shown anything and K-State was obviously overrated by the way their QB and defense played.

agoo758
10/8/2010, 12:42 PM
Got the job done. 48-13 is a good win regardless of who you play, they don't make many mistakes, at least from what I've seen. If they don't beat themselves, it'll be tough for anyone to beat them.

Edit: I'll reiterate, the number of fumbles are a result of the number of run plays, (see nebraska 1997) if they don't lose them, they'll be fine.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 12:43 PM
Thier oppenents have a combined record of 9-13, OU's have a combined record of 14-10. That said, they are still pretty good, and have a good chance of being 12-0 going into the Big 12 championship game. I just think that there is too much conference play left for them to come out unscathed.

NatureBoy
10/8/2010, 12:43 PM
Before the KSU game, a lot of folks were picking KSU to win (even on this board) or to play a close game.

NU dominates, and now the comments that KSU just blows are surfacing. It's to be expected.

The fumbles DEFINITELY has to get corrected. This team isn't anymore one-dimensional than the 1997 team.

CrimsonRez
10/8/2010, 12:46 PM
Well K-States linebackers looked like they were running in sand the whole game. The 1997 team could also throw really good, Martinez struggles to throw anything more than a 5 yard slant.

tfoolry
10/8/2010, 12:52 PM
K-State sux; they barely beat Iowa State. We'll know about the Cornholers when they finally play a top 50 team next Sat.

MeMyself&Me
10/8/2010, 12:53 PM
Before the KSU game, a lot of folks were picking KSU to win (even on this board) or to play a close game.

NU dominates, and now the comments that KSU just blows are surfacing. It's to be expected.

The fumbles DEFINITELY has to get corrected. This team isn't anymore one-dimensional than the 1997 team.

I think most of those picks were coming from the trap game angle. Not the KSU is a good team angle. Nebbish didn't get caught looking ahead. Good for them. Doesn't by itself make Nebbish a great team. We'll see though.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 12:59 PM
I think most of those picks were coming from the trap game angle. Not the KSU is a good team angle. Nebbish didn't get caught looking ahead. Good for them. Doesn't by itself make Nebbish a great team. We'll see though.

This^

That Natureboy guy seems to keep getting butt hurt cause a bunch of Sooner fans don't automatically call his team the greatest ever. Please just go back to the Husker board Nature...;)

royalfan5
10/8/2010, 01:01 PM
K-State sux; they barely beat Iowa State. We'll know about the Cornholers when they finally play a top 50 team next Sat.

Is Texas a top 50 team this year?

TahoeSOONER
10/8/2010, 01:05 PM
Any team that plays good defense and has a running game like that will be tough to beat.

I tip my cap but can't wait to hang their one and only loss in the Big 12 Title game.

OUs got the team speed to keep Martinez under a hundred.

NatureBoy
10/8/2010, 01:06 PM
This^

That Natureboy guy seems to keep getting butt hurt cause a bunch of Sooner fans don't automatically call his team the greatest ever. Please just go back to the Husker board Nature...;)

Link? I've stated on a few occasions that this Husker team has a ways to go. I have not taken issue to anyone who thinks the team isn't the greatest issue.

Nice try, though. I'm still stylin' and profilin'....Woooooooooo.

GimmeRed
10/8/2010, 01:10 PM
Is Texas a top 50 team this year?

After they lose to Nebraska they will be 3-3 and it will be the same Texas sucks this year wait till they face Okie light.

That goal line will keep moving all year.

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 01:11 PM
I'd like to be clear....

Picking KSU to win is different than wanting them to win.

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 01:12 PM
After they lose to Nebraska they will be 3-3 and it will be the same Texas sucks this year wait till they face Okie light.

That goal line will keep moving all year.

tejas is gonna beat the corn cobs by 2 moos.

OK2U
10/8/2010, 01:29 PM
... expanding their stadium
(90K)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5662189

NormanPride
10/8/2010, 02:25 PM
I'll admit I thought Kstate was good before the game. Though, I'm not really sure why after looking at what they did. I guess it was the early win at home versus UCLA?

Regardless of first impressions, that was not a good team that lined up against Nebraska yesterday.

MojoRisen
10/8/2010, 04:34 PM
Nebraska is back, we need to improve on D against the run... The Corn Holes are a bit better than Airfoce.. Minues the chop blocks

Okie35
10/8/2010, 05:44 PM
I'll admit I thought Kstate was good before the game. Though, I'm not really sure why after looking at what they did. I guess it was the early win at home versus UCLA?

Regardless of first impressions, that was not a good team that lined up against Nebraska yesterday.

The would've been a different story if Kstate didn't go for it on 4th down in their first series. It all went downhill from there.

NatureBoy
10/8/2010, 06:17 PM

Iowa State did route Texas Tech, and KSU did beat UCLA.

NatureBoy
10/8/2010, 06:19 PM
The would've been a different story if Kstate didn't go for it on 4th down in their first series. It all went downhill from there.

Yeah, KSU made a mistake by letting Nebraska be on offense. It all went downhill from there.

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 06:41 PM
Nature Boy....quit crawling all over every shock of corn that gets near yer lips.

huskerland
10/8/2010, 07:24 PM
The would've been a different story if Kstate didn't go for it on 4th down in their first series. It all went downhill from there. Are you sure?