PDA

View Full Version : 50 Most Racist TV Shows of All Time

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2010, 06:27 AM
http://best.complex.com/lists/the-50-most-racist-tv-shows-of-all-time

Have fun!

AlbqSooner
10/8/2010, 07:00 AM
They get on the Lone Ranger pretty hard. When they say that the word Tonto means stupid in Spanish, that is a pretty racist castigation of the Tonto Apache Tribe. Perhaps stupid describes the website creators.

As for Kemo Sabe. I suggest that this is a deriviation of the Spanish term "Que no sabe". Which means "don't understand". Seems like that website is calling the Lone Ranger stupid more than Tonto.

texaspokieokie
10/8/2010, 07:32 AM
JMHO
the guy that made this list is the biggest bigot of all.

"Sienfeld" made fun of everybody. they made fun of Jews, & many on the show are Jews especially Seinfeld & Larry David.

they loved to poke fun @ nazis, like the "soup nazi".

2 of the main characters were wasps, & were portrayed as a couple of "dufusess". george & kramer
also, george's parents.

XingTheRubicon
10/8/2010, 08:34 AM
racism = mentioning minorities in any way

picasso
10/8/2010, 08:44 AM
Eight Is Enough made fun of whitey.

Breadburner
10/8/2010, 09:26 AM
Archie Bunker should be number 1....hah...

yermom
10/8/2010, 09:33 AM
oh, COPS. wow.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2010, 10:33 AM
Some of their choices were pretty damned stupid, that's for sure. I just wanted to see what everyone thought should be left off this list and what should be added.

All in the Family not being there surprised me in some ways since the person who made the list doesn't see the difference between satire and outright racism and usually people like that don't get that Archie was the butt of all the jokes really.

I also thought it was weird that they didn't really take into account that while NYC is filled with all races, they don't actually all sit around singing Kumbaya together or anything, making the fact that shows ranging from Seinfeld to Sex in the City are realistic in their lack of racial diversity in the core character groups.

Sooner98
10/8/2010, 11:08 AM
racism = mentioning minorities in any way

Or, not mentioning them at all. :rolleyes:

Seriously, didn't accusing anything and everything of non-existant racism go out in like, the 90's? People actually still do this? Dooshrockets like the people who come up with lists like this fan the flames of racial disharmony more than all of the TV shows he mentioned, combined.

yermom
10/8/2010, 11:08 AM
i just meant the clip. "i don't sell crack, i'm a prostitute"

heh.

i'm at about 42 and yeah, it's a little off

Pricetag
10/8/2010, 01:34 PM
If this list is tongue-in-cheek, it's pretty funny. I don't see its merit otherwise.

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 01:55 PM
The NBA airing games is the most racist thing on TV IMO. Always making fun of us white guys and our game. I've considered a Class Action Lawsuit for awhile but Homey, Froze and Rus keeps telling me timing is everything.

Is0pG0VytBA

;)

Veritas
10/8/2010, 02:56 PM
]I also thought it was weird that they didn't really take into account that while NYC is filled with all races, they don't actually all sit around singing Kumbaya together or anything, making the fact that shows ranging from Seinfeld to Sex in the City are realistic in their lack of racial diversity in the core character groups.
Srsly. Depicting reality isn't racism, although it frequently gets labeled as such.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/8/2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.pauld.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/thatsracist.gif

tator
10/8/2010, 04:05 PM
You're all racist. And I should know, I have lots of black friends.

stoopified
10/8/2010, 04:12 PM
The Cosby Show was racist in that APPRENTLY WHITEY LARGELY DID NOT EXIST IN HIS WORLD.

badger
10/8/2010, 04:18 PM
The Cosby Show was racist in that APPRENTLY WHITEY LARGELY DID NOT EXIST IN HIS WORLD.

Yeah - it's the same logic used in the linked article. I am surprised they didn't throw in a token minority show just to show that THEY weren't racist. They could have easily picked the D.L. Hughley show. Every single joke that guy has ever told was "white folk this, but black folk that." Or the George Lopez show, which had "Low Rider" as it's theme music and was filled with stereotypes. I am also surprised they mentioned SNL but not it's competitor, Mad TV.

yermom
10/8/2010, 04:33 PM
i guess you missed Martin and Method and Red :D

Tulsa_Fireman
10/8/2010, 04:44 PM
Didn't catch 'Chico and the Man' on that list, either.

"Eet's not my yob!"

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 06:45 PM
Why was The Man an old drunk white guy?

Crucifax Autumn
10/9/2010, 12:45 AM
'Cause The Man was Vet.