PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping up the Big XII

MI Sooner
10/8/2010, 05:21 AM
Since this is the last year of the Big XII with current membership, I was trying to go back and look at we've done since the conference started. We have 6 conference championships, which by itself establishes OU as the cream of the Big XII crop. But there are some other milestones which we have secured and can still secure. With the terrible start we got off to in 1996-1998, I never would have believed that by now we'd have:

The most conference championships - 6 (Texas next w/ 3)
The most divisional championships - 7 (Texas and Nebraska are next w/ 5)
A winning record against all divisional opponents (closest is Texas @8-7)

Unless we somehow played Texas in a bowl, all of those are secure.

However, we only hold a 5-4 edge over Nebraska since 96, and 5-3 against Colorado. There's a good chance we'll meet Nebraska and they'll have a chance to even it up. There's a remote chance that Colorado could beat us twice this year.

I'd really like to send Nebraska off to the Big 10 with 4-6 record against us, as that would give us 7 Big XII championships and a winning record against all conference opponents during the conference's existence.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/8/2010, 08:20 AM
too bad we didn't get to play Neb every year, or that record would be quite a bit more skewed.

Husker In Oklahoma
10/8/2010, 08:23 AM
too bad we didn't get to play Neb every year, or that record would be quite a bit more skewed.

Maybe so, but had that happened, the Big 12 would still be in tact.

King Crimson
10/8/2010, 08:27 AM
need badly to beat Colorado. Hang half a hunnerd, style. Blowout, assrape. Hide the women and children.

living here, that 07 game and the "idea" that they've owned us for more than decade is not palatable.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/8/2010, 08:30 AM
Or maybe if you hadn't left a second on the scoreboard.
At least this year you'll finally get your win :texan:

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 09:34 AM
Or maybe if you hadn't left a second on the scoreboard.
At least this year you'll finally get your win :texan:

As much as I would have liked to see Pony Boy **** up that last play, which they probably shouldn't have reviewed cause they never review those type of plays, there was one second left when the ball hit the ground. Lucky son of a bitch...:mad:

tator
10/8/2010, 10:57 AM
is tact in Nebraska?