PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to Bo

olevetonahill
10/7/2010, 10:05 PM
Im pretty sure we all knew he was a Hell of a coach. Cornshuckers did him wrong. Bob helped him out then Lessmilage did a tad .

Grats BO on turning that program around .
Now can ya do something with yer few retarded Fans ?
Thanks In Advance
Signed
A ****ing Hillbilly

Piware
10/7/2010, 10:06 PM
Im pretty sure we all knew he was a Hell of a coach. Cornshuckers did him wrong. Bob helped him out then Lessmilage did a tad .

Grats BO on turning that program around .
Now can ya do something with yer few retarded Fans ?
Thanks In Advance
Signed
A ****ing Hillbilly

And spit out that dayum gum before you hurt yourself with it.

CrimsonJim
10/7/2010, 10:07 PM
Yo Bo! Kick sexat's AZZ!!

olevetonahill
10/7/2010, 10:43 PM
I want Bo to Kick azz till 12-4 then Fold Like a cheap suit :P

Soonerus
10/7/2010, 10:51 PM
I really like Bo but I bet Texas beats them...

Piware
10/7/2010, 10:57 PM

I don't know about that. Gilbert Grape is going to have a very long afternoon against that defense. Mack better supercharge his clapper for this one.

NatureBoy
10/7/2010, 10:58 PM
Still a ways to go, but Bo has done wonders for this program.

olevetonahill
10/7/2010, 10:59 PM

How Much Bro
100 ? heads up ?
I almost would bet that Saxet loses 3 more
:pop:

Soonerus
We shall see...

olevetonahill
Still a ways to go, but Bo has done wonders for this program.

Go Pizz up a rope , Dope :rolleyes:

NatureBoy
10/7/2010, 11:11 PM
Go Pizz up a rope , Dope :rolleyes:

So you could see my package? Kinda odd...

CatfishSooner
10/7/2010, 11:28 PM
:eek: :pop:

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2010, 06:21 AM
**** the mother ****ing bugeaters!!! **** Bo, **** their QB, and **** their big headed, easy schedule loving, know nothing jackass fans!!!

Mad Dog Madsen
10/8/2010, 08:10 AM

The only thing Texas will beat them at is to the locker room at halftime when Texas is down 14+.

cyclonesooner
10/8/2010, 09:08 AM
Nebraska option and offensive line blocking scheme is very efficient and entertaining to watch. My heart tells me it will be a Nebraska rout but you would think whorns would be able to compete after a extra week of preparation. Whorns running game will be non-existent and just don't think Gilbert has the mobility behind under-achieving line to get it done.

btk108
10/8/2010, 09:12 AM
I'll take Nebbish over Texass.

I'm a little leary of Nebbish when we meet them at Jerry's World. Their backs looked REALLY fast and mobile.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 09:27 AM
I'll take Nebbish over Texass.

I'm a little leary of Nebbish when we meet them at Jerry's World. Their backs looked REALLY fast and mobile.

Yeah, that guy looks good. And you know OU can be with those mobile QB's in the game, seen us choke mutiple times in the past few years cause we couldn't wrap up a QB. I'll be interested to see how they play against Texas, I know they aren't great this year, but it will be a little better of a judge than K State. They had the worst rushing defense in the league according to ESPN last night so it only makes sense that they got run all over.

cccasooner2
10/8/2010, 09:59 AM
........ And you know OU can be with those mobile QB's in the game, seen us choke mutiple times in the past few years cause we couldn't wrap up a QB. ......

An entire decade going on two IIRC. We survived most, but it sure has been an achilles heel.

BillyBall
10/8/2010, 10:14 AM
Herbie the Husker looks like a total pederast. That's the creepiest mascot in cfb.

Pigface1
10/8/2010, 10:18 AM
Texas is walking into a prison shower, they're going to destroyed by Nebraska.

OU Engineer
10/8/2010, 10:23 AM
yea taylor martiez might be able to burn us pretty good in the CCG...

just based on the precedence our defense has set against dual threat or running style quarterbacks...

TMcGee86
10/8/2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, that guy looks good. And you know OU can be with those mobile QB's in the game, seen us choke mutiple times in the past few years cause we couldn't wrap up a QB. I'll be interested to see how they play against Texas, I know they aren't great this year, but it will be a little better of a judge than K State. They had the worst rushing defense in the league according to ESPN last night so it only makes sense that they got run all over.

I wondered about this. I didn't hear them say that during the game but after watching KSU, I think they may have the two worst safeties I've ever seen play. They are just a joke against the run. Horrible angles, shying away from hits on nearly all plays, slow as molasses. Just bad.

I am now really interested to see what Nebbish can do against the whorns. Gideon is bad but not nearly as bad as those two KSU safeties. However if he takes some of the angles he took against us, it could be a long night for the whorns.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 10:30 AM
Texas is walking into a prison shower, they're going to destroyed by Nebraska.

Idk, Texas is sucky, but so is K State...and Washington...and all the other teams Nebraska's played. They didn't exactly put a thumping on South Dakota State, winning @ home 17-3. Their oppenents combined record is something like 9-13 if I did my math correctly. I'll wait until the Texas game before I start saying they'll go undefeated...

GimmeRed
10/8/2010, 10:47 AM
Idk, Texas is sucky, but so is K State...and Washington...and all the other teams Nebraska's played. They didn't exactly put a thumping on South Dakota State, winning @ home 17-3. Their oppenents combined record is something like 9-13 if I did my math correctly. I'll wait until the Texas game before I start saying they'll go undefeated...

Yeah K-State is sucky but handled UCLA, Washington handled USC. Sometimes it is just the other team that makes a team suck.

I also know we a very capable of winning all of our remaining games or losing most of them. Thats kinda what makes College Football so much fun.

cjames317
10/8/2010, 10:55 AM
There are two excellent threads at shaggybevo.com discussing and showing the fundamental problems with the horns' offense and the execution problems with their defense, based on OUr game:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/73968-Why-our-offense-fails......(pics-included)

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/74019-The-defensive-failures......(pics-included)

I don't think it's possible for them to change/improve enough in two weeks to deal with the bugeaters.

GO BIG RED!

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah K-State is sucky but handled UCLA, Washington handled USC. Sometimes it is just the other team that makes a team suck.

I also know we a very capable of winning all of our remaining games or losing most of them. Thats kinda what makes College Football so much fun.

Yeah, people shouldn't get to much into the "Team A beat Team B, and Team B beat Team C, therefore Team C will lose to Team A" stuff. But all I was saying is that I'm not sure Nebraska will win all the rest of their games and it seems like people are too high on them after really only playing easy teams. They sure are capable of winning out as are we, but looking realistically they still have a whole conference schedule to play.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 11:13 AM
There are two excellent threads at shaggybevo.com discussing and showing the fundamental problems with the horns' offense and the execution problems with their defense, based on OUr game:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/73968-Why-our-offense-fails......(pics-included)

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/74019-The-defensive-failures......(pics-included)

I don't think it's possible for them to change/improve enough in two weeks to deal with the bugeaters.

GO BIG RED!

Those threads were good to look at for a bit, but hindsight is 20/20. Seemed like they were looking at some reason for why they lost, but somtimes players just don't make the play.

SoonerAtKU
10/8/2010, 11:25 AM
I think Pelini realizes that he can't take his foot off the gas this year. I see Nebraska by more than a little.

yermom
10/8/2010, 11:33 AM
it's too perfect for Nebraska to beat the wh0rns

that's why i think it might not happen :D

SoonerObsession
10/8/2010, 12:04 PM
After seeing how great a defensive coach Pelini is, it makes me wonder if Bob Stoops had allowed him to be THE defensive coordinator while he was at OU, how much better would our defense have been? I'm not a Venables hater, but I do wonder if their styles clashed when they were co-defensive coordinators.

yermom
10/8/2010, 12:15 PM
that was the talk while he was here. Pelini is more focused on the DBs vs. Vulnerables and the LBs, is my understanding. i remember Nebraska getting a ton of pics the last year Bo was running the defense in Lincoln

BV seems awful willing to leave an LB on the sideline these days though

cccasooner2
10/8/2010, 12:16 PM
Nebraska over TX by 14.

Veritas
10/8/2010, 12:37 PM
We'd (we being Nebraska as I'm a Husker) had damn well better beat Texas. We're better and we owe those **********s for...****. The bull**** last year, a decade plus of bullying, and for just being a douchy poison pill of a plastic program.

We beat Texas and get to the CCG to play OU and lose, I can live with that. OU has always been a worthy adversary and Sooner fans are nice people. Pretty much the opposite of asswipe whorn fans.

But I will be scarred forever if we lose to Texas.

agoo758
10/8/2010, 12:39 PM
Not only will texas lose, they will lose by at least 3 touchdowns.

Pigface1
10/8/2010, 12:44 PM

I'm not saying they're going undefeated, I'm just saying they're going to roll Texas. They're playing like they have something to prove this year and it's likely the last time Texas will ever be there.

Veritas
10/8/2010, 01:04 PM
I'm not saying they're going undefeated, I'm just saying they're going to roll Texas. They're playing like they have something to prove this year and it's likely the last time Texas will ever be there.
The Texas hate here is approaching Norman levels, I kid you not. We're usually really nice to our guests and I hope that doesn't change for UT.

But I did go get Husker license plate frames for my Texas-plated cars. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
10/8/2010, 01:09 PM
But I did go get Husker license plate frames for my Texas-plated cars.

Good man. Tuck fexas.

StoopTroup
10/8/2010, 01:15 PM
If Venables had gone to NU instead of pellini they'd have won more games and they would still be in the big XII. Pellini is a puppet and Dr. Tom is pulling the strings. Brent woulda throat punched oswald by now.

;)

NatureBoy
10/8/2010, 01:20 PM
pellini they'd have won more games and they would still be in the big XII. Pellini is a puppet and Dr. Tom is pulling the strings. Brent woulda throat punched oswald by now.

Nice, but a donkey punch to the nuts would be more effective.

jumperstop
10/8/2010, 01:28 PM
Nice, but a donkey punch to the nuts would be more effective.

I thought a donkey punch was that you had to punch them in the back on the head/neck. Maybe I'm looking too much into it...

TMcGee86
10/8/2010, 01:47 PM
I gotta think UT shows up for this one. However I still don't think they have enough O to score against the Neb D.

I think it's low scoring and Neb wins on a late TD. 17-9.

yermom
10/8/2010, 04:35 PM
I thought a donkey punch was that you had to punch them in the back on the head/neck. Maybe I'm looking too much into it...

yeah, donkey punch seems to be misapplied quite a bit :D

TXBOOMER
10/8/2010, 05:21 PM
F Bo and F Mack and F Nebbish and F texass! BOOMER SOONER!

Husker In Oklahoma
10/8/2010, 09:06 PM
it's too perfect for Nebraska to beat the wh0rns

that's why i think it might not happen :D

I could not agree with you more. Texas, for whatever reason, has had NU's number. This game does just look to perfect for NU, scares me to death.

Scott D
10/8/2010, 09:43 PM
I gotta think UT shows up for this one. However I still don't think they have enough O to score against the Neb D.

I think it's low scoring and Neb wins on a late TD. 17-9.

I'd rather see them win on a last second field goal ;)

GimmeRed
10/8/2010, 10:00 PM
I'd rather see them win on a last second field goal ;)

How about we're up by 50, call timeout with 1 second left, kick a field goal and win by 53.

Best of both worlds IMO.

Scott D
10/8/2010, 10:06 PM
nah, I like the idea of Martinez fumbles the ball out of bounds with one second left.

VA Sooner
10/8/2010, 10:15 PM
The Pellini brothers have done a very good job there in Lincoln. Do well for the season, stay ranked above us, and fold against OU's defense at the end of the regular season. I like that plan...

delhalew
10/8/2010, 10:27 PM
I think if our defense doesn't learn to play a complete game, or tries to take a normal line on little bastard Martinez, they would tear us up.

nebraskaSOONER
10/9/2010, 08:13 AM
I still have no clue if Neb. is good or not, these next few weeks will answer that question I believe. They just better stay undefeated for the Big 12 Champ game. BOOMER SOONER!!!

Sooner in Tampa
10/11/2010, 07:07 AM
I still have no clue if Neb. is good or not, these next few weeks will answer that question I believe.
The jackass bugeater fans that I know and talk to; they think it's a done deal...OU vs. NU in the Big XII CCG and they think they win the Big XII going away!!

I ****in hate the bugeaters!!!!!

OK2U
10/11/2010, 11:38 AM
haha
http://www.omaha.com/article/20101010/BIGRED03/101019977

Veritas
10/11/2010, 03:20 PM
The jackass bugeater fans that I know and talk to; they think it's a done deal...OU vs. NU in the Big XII CCG and they think they win the Big XII going away!!

I ****in hate the bugeaters!!!!!
This jackass bugeater fan doesn't think it's a done deal by a long shot. Texas has a lot to lose and there's lots of pride on the line. Mack is a ****ty X's and O's guy but he'll have 'em clapped up.

MojoRisen
10/11/2010, 03:31 PM
Something tells me Texas has enough on D to stop Big Red option(They are yet to prove they can pass) .. or at least slow them to normality.. I also see this as an ugly 16-13 type ball game.

King Barry's Back
10/11/2010, 03:34 PM
I haven't seen every game, but Nebraska looks like the cream of the Big XII crop this year. I expect them to make the CCG, and I hope we're there and ready to play.

If this OU team continues to improve through the season as we've seen other young Stoops teams do, watch out world, here comes the Sooners.

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2010, 03:51 PM
We'd (we being Nebraska as I'm a Husker) had damn well better beat Texas. We're better and we owe those **********s for...****. The bull**** last year, a decade plus of bullying, and for just being a douchy poison pill of a plastic program.

Et tu Veritas?

We beat Texas and get to the CCG to play OU and lose, I can live with that. OU has always been a worthy adversary and Sooner fans are nice people. Pretty much the opposite of asswipe whorn fans.

sigh.. you've bought into the pablum being spewed from the Lincoln Administration...

But I will be scarred forever if we lose to Texas.

Veritas.. don't be like the vast majority of the Nebbish fan base. Why not simply say, "We saw a great opportunity for larger financial revenue by joining the Big 10/11/whatever and decided it was in our universities' long term best interest to leave the Big 12?"

instead.. all we hear is, "Wah wah wah.. Texas controls EVERYTHING! (ignoring how everyone else votes against Nebraska).. wah wah wah.. the television disproportionate sharing of revenue is unfair (ignoring that Nebraska voted for it) wah wah wah.. we can't have Prop 48 casualties and the conference championship game is at the Deathstar for the next 3 years (ignoring that Nebbish again was outvoted each time including 11 - 1 on the Deathstar vote).

There should be no conceivable reason why Nebraska loses to us. This is your unholy jihad game.. the game the Bugmunchers have been pointing to since last December. You have found an offensive identity and a freshman QB to operate it. You are ranked in the top 5 in some polls. Your defense appears to be strong. There are both real and false motives for a big, "revenge" game victory over Texas... the Texas offense is in disarray..the last regularly scheduled game ever to be played between Texas and Nebraska... Big Red has EVERYTHING to play for... national ranking, national respect, one last victory to put an exclamation point on leaving the Big 12 by taking down your perceived biggest enemy. From the on-set of the Red Out video, Nebraska's mind set has been to not only win the game, but do it in a way that leaves no doubt.

Texas is rebuilding and the offensive playcalling is not taking advantage of what little talent on the offensive side of the ball Texas has.

We have very little to play for.

There is no possible way that Nebraska loses this game....

and yet... the pressure... what pressure on Nebraska. What will the mindset be if the game is incredibly close in the 4th quarter? hmmmmmm

Veritas
10/11/2010, 04:25 PM
Texas controls EVERYTHING! (ignoring how everyone else votes against Nebraska)
That sorta underscores my point.

And yes, we saw a great opportunity for larger financial revenue by joining the Big 10 and decided it was in our universities' long term best interest to leave the Big 12.

Not having to deal with UT's unbridled arrogance and megalomania is a wonderful side benefit.

The Ghost of Mex
10/11/2010, 04:28 PM
SCREW BO AND THE WHORN HE ROAD IN ON!!!

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2010, 04:33 PM
That sorta underscores my point.

And yes, we saw a great opportunity for larger financial revenue by joining the Big 10 and decided it was in our universities' long term best interest to leave the Big 12.

See..if you had just stopped at this point, it would be like the old, respected Nebraska fanbase which honed a reputation of being one of the classiest in college football.

Not having to deal with UT's unbridled arrogance and megalomania is a wonderful side benefit.

But, you follow up with this and that makes you look like the neuvo, whiny, "we can't beat them, so we're picking up our toys and going to play in a different sandbox," Nebraska fan of the new millenium.

:rolleyes:

and you really don't think THE Ohio State.. or Meatchicken have the same arrogance?

The little guys always believe the Big Ballers are arrogant.

And as much as you may not want to admit or embrace it... college football today is different than 20 years ago. 20 years ago, it was about wins and losses and how well your fan base traveled. Today, it's about your population base and corporate sponsorships, and financial strength of your alumni base. It's about millions of dollars being brought into the university's coffers.

You take the "we're a naive, just off the farm, where's our shiny new tractor" attitude to the Big 10/11/whatever, those couch-burning Buckeyes and Meatchicken alums will be more than happen to break it off in ya.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2010, 04:38 PM
Texas simply can't score enough points with this offense to win. They can't do it. The QB doesn't have what it takes, the O Line can't sustain and there simply aren't enough playmakers for Texas to escape with a win.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 04:42 PM
I agree JM , I see lid is running his mouth, Oh well
Like the Nebs or not , Ya still got to admit that Bo has em back on track

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2010, 04:55 PM
Texas simply can't score enough points with this offense to win. They can't do it. The QB doesn't have what it takes, the O Line can't sustain and there simply aren't enough playmakers for Texas to escape with a win.

It would appear to be that way.

And yet...

That unholy, oppressive, unrelenting pressure that Nebraska has to deal with. The hopes, dreams, the hate filled imaginary vengeance pre-occupying Nebbish fans for this one game.. saddling their team like a Bootlegger on OleVet.

:eek:

KantoSooner
10/11/2010, 05:00 PM
It'll be one to watch, no doubt.
I'm equally excited for ours to be a snoozer. Get up early, stay up big throughout. Go take a shower. That'd suit me just fine.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2010, 05:03 PM
It would appear to be that way.

And yet...

That unholy, oppressive, unrelenting pressure that Nebraska has to deal with. The hopes, dreams, the hate filled imaginary vengeance pre-occupying Nebbish fans for this one game.. saddling their team like a Bootlegger on OleVet.

:eek:

You're cute, but we've all seen your team play. It's OK. Just accept this season for what it is.

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 05:09 PM
You're cute, but we've all seen your team play. It's OK. Just accept this season for what it is.

JM I can see up to 3 more loses AFTER the :texan: s lose to Neb.

Cornfed
10/11/2010, 05:13 PM
I beleive it will be a good game to watch, but I give the nod to NU. Homefield advantage and a stout defence make it happen. NU 24-TX 17

olevetonahill
10/11/2010, 05:27 PM
I may turn to the Okie lite , or the Awburn game. after Neb goes up by 21 in the 1st 1/4

Husker In Oklahoma
10/11/2010, 05:48 PM
I may turn to the Okie lite , or the Awburn game. after Neb goes up by 21 in the 1st 1/4This is gonna be a very tough, hard football game for NU. I would love it if you were right, but I am thinking another game with them that goes to the wire!

Scott D
10/11/2010, 05:51 PM
This is gonna be a very tough, hard football game for NU. I would love it if you were right, but I am thinking another game with them that goes to the wire!

that depends what SWC refs you get for the game.

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2010, 06:15 PM
that depends what SWC refs you get for the game.

Perhaps the same ones that handed you the game on Oct. 2.

(my imitation of a sooner fan is now over)

:D

TahoeSOONER
10/11/2010, 06:18 PM

Ut is about to get humiliated, book it.

CrimsonRez
10/11/2010, 06:26 PM

It's because of our offensive coordinator!!!!!!!!!!

my imitation of a longhorn fan is now over

MojoRisen
10/11/2010, 07:19 PM
Martinez is going to throw a few picks~ get smacked a little bit. We'll see how he likes being hit. We will see

SoonerKnight
10/11/2010, 08:13 PM

Did not know that whorn fans were still smilling! :D

Veritas
10/12/2010, 09:18 AM
You take the "we're a naive, just off the farm, where's our shiny new tractor" attitude to the Big 10/11/whatever, those couch-burning Buckeyes and Meatchicken alums will be more than happen to break it off in ya.
Thanks for nicely illustrating my whole point about * arrogance. Add condescension to the list of things nobody's going to miss about being in a conference with UT.

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for nicely illustrating my whole point about * arrogance. Add condescension to the list of things nobody's going to miss about being in a conference with UT.

You really don't believe THE Ohio State and Michigan aren't going to look upon you as the hayseed noobies?

Evidence Point 1: Look at the Big 10/11/whatever schedule they handed you the first year.

Evidence Point 2: Your first few years in conference, you are not receiving the same monetary split as the other conference teams.

Evidence Point 3: At the meetings establishing the split in divisions and games to be played next year, Dr. Whiner was allowed to attend.. but was not given a vote.

Everyone understands Nebraska can't compete with Texas off the field. That is not in dispute. It is not arrogance when it is merely reciting the truth. Further, the Big 12 has proven except for once, you couldn't get it done ON the field either.

In all likelihood, the Bugeaters will emerge victorious this Saturday. Good for you. However, that one win will not erase the reality of both universities existence over the course of the Big 12.

JRAM
10/12/2010, 09:41 AM
Bo looks like an anteater and probably smells like one also. I think that he and Osbourne need to take their asses and skip off to the big 10 as soon as they can. It can't be fast enough. GO TEXAS . BEAT THE SCHUCKERS

JohnnyMack
10/12/2010, 09:44 AM
Everyone understands Nebraska can't compete with Texas off the field. That is not in dispute. It is not arrogance when it is merely reciting the truth.

Ummm, nobody can compete with Texas off the field. However this weekend The Clapper might get his *** handed to him in a paper sack on the field, which is ultimately a lot more fun to talk about.

Veritas
10/12/2010, 10:00 AM
Lid, any response that does anything but paint UT as the source of holiness and light in a world of evil and darkness is a waste of keystrokes.

royalfan5
10/12/2010, 10:09 AM
Lid makes me Glad that my Texas relatives are Collie Aggies.

agoo758
10/12/2010, 10:18 AM
:rolleyes:

and you really don't think THE Ohio State.. or Meatchicken have the same arrogance?

The little guys always believe the Big Ballers are arrogant.

And as much as you may not want to admit or embrace it... college football today is different than 20 years ago. 20 years ago, it was about wins and losses and how well your fan base traveled. Today, it's about your population base and corporate sponsorships, and financial strength of your alumni base. It's about millions of dollars being brought into the university's coffers.

Being brought down to the harsh reality that one's team is not good, nor can they lay a finger on Oklahoma even when they are good has a way of putting someone in a bad mood doesnt it?

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2010, 10:55 AM
Lid, any response that does anything but paint UT as the source of holiness and light in a world of evil and darkness is a waste of keystrokes.

Hombre.. far from it.

Just saying I and many not only UT fans but Big 12 had a great deal of respect for Nebraska before the incessant whining since about March of this year.

If Dr. Tom had come out and said, "we're going to the Big 10/11/whatever since it is in Nebraska's financial best interests long term and we're excited about the new athletic challenges and great academic opportunities," then, good for you and you would have a lot more respect for leaving the conference with your heads held high.

Hell, I got a lot of laughs when the story first began to break and Missouri was getting undressed as fast as they could, broke out the lube, and supplied the whiskey to the Big 10/11/whatever conference and bent over saying, "Take Me! Take me!" only to have Nebraska hold a finger up and respond.. "yeah.. no."

Instead, it was the daily "Texas is Evil Whine-a-thon" hosted by Dr Tom, Pellini and the Bugeater administration that made your administration come across as whiny, sore losers. Your admins didn't do your admittedly overall great fan base any favors.

As for Texas being the beacon of everything right in college football.. yeah no. .not so much. Belmont's position on some things is maddening at best.

It's just a damned shame that Nebraska had to leave like it has instead of with dignity and pride.

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2010, 10:56 AM
Being brought down to the harsh reality that one's team is not good, nor can they lay a finger on Oklahoma even when they are good has a way of putting someone in a bad mood doesnt it?

The adults are talking here junior.

We'll let you know when we want the crayon section to chime in.

agoo758
10/12/2010, 01:22 PM
The adults are talking here junior.

We'll let you know when we want the crayon section to chime in.

And then of course you get personal with your attacks..... here you are spending God knows how much time on this board trying to convince us how fans arn't as mean-spirited as we believe, and then you unleash an attack on me because I call you out for having nothing substantial to offer for any discussion.... ever

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2010, 01:46 PM
And then of course you get personal with your attacks..... here you are spending God knows how much time on this board trying to convince us how fans arn't as mean-spirited as we believe, and then you unleash an attack on me because I call you out for having nothing substantial to offer for any discussion.... ever

[hairGel]THAT'S NOT TRUE!!![hairGel]

agoo758
10/12/2010, 01:50 PM
[hairGel]THAT'S NOT TRUE!!![hairGel]

Oh sorry. Youre right. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2010, 01:58 PM
Back on topic:

Pelini is a hot-headed gum-chompin' asshat. He and Mickey Andrews ought to get together and see who can plow through their cud fastest.

He's a bad ADHD mix between Lester and Callenberger and an implosion just waiting to happen.

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2010, 02:14 PM

Fans aren't as mean spirited... but

I am.

I know that for you to understand half of the words I use, you need to go to dictionary.com... but do try to keep up.

Chillax Sparky.. we're just having some fun.

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2010, 02:15 PM
Back on topic:

Pelini is a hot-headed gum-chompin' asshat. He and Mickey Andrews ought to get together and see who can plow through their cud fastest.

He's a bad ADHD mix between Lester and Callenberger and an implosion just waiting to happen.

Well said sir. Well said indeed.

I'd give you some pos grey spek!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2010, 04:05 PM
haha
http://www.omaha.com/article/20101010/BIGRED03/101019977

Sad what's become of the bugeaters. Pellini's one accomplishment is beating AZ in a bowl game and they are already making murals of him.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2010, 04:13 PM
I have to agree with hornshyster on one thing, all of the whining coming from the bugeater camp over the past several months is a little unbecoming. I'm still not rooting for texass but I won't be rooting against them as hard as I normally would.

49r
10/12/2010, 04:42 PM
You really don't believe THE Ohio State and Michigan aren't going to look upon you as the hayseed noobies?

Evidence Point 1: Look at the Big 10/11/whatever schedule they handed you the first year.

Evidence Point 2: Your first few years in conference, you are not receiving the same monetary split as the other conference teams.

Evidence Point 3: At the meetings establishing the split in divisions and games to be played next year, Dr. Whiner was allowed to attend.. but was not given a vote.

Everyone understands Nebraska can't compete with Texas off the field. That is not in dispute. It is not arrogance when it is merely reciting the truth. Further, the Big 12 has proven except for once, you couldn't get it done ON the field either.

In all likelihood, the Bugeaters will emerge victorious this Saturday. Good for you. However, that one win will not erase the reality of both universities existence over the course of the Big 12.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

49r
10/12/2010, 04:45 PM
Hombre.. far from it.

Just saying I and many not only UT fans but Big 12 had a great deal of respect for Nebraska before the incessant whining since about March of this year.

If Dr. Tom had come out and said, "we're going to the Big 10/11/whatever since it is in Nebraska's financial best interests long term and we're excited about the new athletic challenges and great academic opportunities," then, good for you and you would have a lot more respect for leaving the conference with your heads held high.

Hell, I got a lot of laughs when the story first began to break and Missouri was getting undressed as fast as they could, broke out the lube, and supplied the whiskey to the Big 10/11/whatever conference and bent over saying, "Take Me! Take me!" only to have Nebraska hold a finger up and respond.. "yeah.. no."

Instead, it was the daily "Texas is Evil Whine-a-thon" hosted by Dr Tom, Pellini and the Bugeater administration that made your administration come across as whiny, sore losers. Your admins didn't do your admittedly overall great fan base any favors.

As for Texas being the beacon of everything right in college football.. yeah no. .not so much. Belmont's position on some things is maddening at best.

It's just a damned shame that Nebraska had to leave like it has instead of with dignity and pride.

Yup. Thou dost protest way too much.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2010, 04:56 PM
I happen to agree with Lid. The whole time when discussing this move, the NU leadership from Perlman on down said over and over and over again, that it wasn't about deep-seeded resentment or "the past".

Bull. Sh*t. THAT... is protesting too much. If the past hadn't been an issue it wouldn't have received mention, plain and simple.

And furthermore, I am looking forward to NU getting swung around by the d*ck the next few years until they have built up a measure of cache in the Big Tenweleven. I saw it mentioned by some scribe or other... if NU thinks Texas is an arrogant blue-blood, wait until they get a load of Michigan and tOSU.

I still giggle everytime it is mentioned how harmonious Big Tenweleven meetings are. I imagine they go something like this. "Hey Big Blue and BuckNut here. Today's agenda is about how we make wads of cash for this conference and you are going to do what we want. Deal? All in favor say "Aye!" "... and the cascade of "Aye's" follows.

Let's see what happens when Osborne squeaks out a feeble old man "Nay".

I imagine the result will be something like this: "OK, NU. Tell you what. You are going to play all of the toughest teams in the league, and do most of it on the road to boot. Got it? Don't bother responding. You're not allowed."

Oh wait... that just happened. Too real for you corn cobs?

Veritas
10/12/2010, 05:50 PM
You must have paid closer attention than I did to what was coming out of the NU admin offices. My company was in the midst of delivering a huge project this summer so all I was doing was working my *** off. Most of my updates came from my wife and my BIL.

That to say, I don't really remember Dr Tom et al hanging this deal on Texas; the side I saw presented, when I paid attention, was always the positives of moving to the Big 10. Most of the Texas bashing has come from fans like myself, message board dweebs (like myself), bloggers, and Lincoln sportswriters. Or at least that's been my observation via peripheral vision.

Either way, I personally don't care how the administration positioned it. Nebraska is going to the Big 10 for the positive reasons you've mentioned, and because of the negatives of being in a conference dominated by Texas interests.

How we may or may not get treated in the Big 10 is 100% conjecture and while it's indirectly related to the situation, that's all is: indirect. This whole counterargument "you think it was bad here, wait until..." is silly. It's akin to when a kid says "I don't like fish sticks, I want fries" and then they get fries and the kid is like "these fries are too salty." The grossness of fish sticks isn't responsible for the saltiness of the fries.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2010, 12:48 AM
I personally enjoy fishsticks

49r
10/13/2010, 10:49 AM
fishsticks are okay, but they need lots of tartar sauce

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2010, 10:58 AM
You must have paid closer attention than I did to what was coming out of the NU admin offices. My company was in the midst of delivering a huge project this summer so all I was doing was working my *** off. Most of my updates came from my wife and my BIL.

That to say, I don't really remember Dr Tom et al hanging this deal on Texas; the side I saw presented, when I paid attention, was always the positives of moving to the Big 10. Most of the Texas bashing has come from fans like myself, message board dweebs (like myself), bloggers, and Lincoln sportswriters. Or at least that's been my observation via peripheral vision.

Either way, I personally don't care how the administration positioned it. Nebraska is going to the Big 10 for the positive reasons you've mentioned, and because of the negatives of being in a conference dominated by Texas interests.

How we may or may not get treated in the Big 10 is 100% conjecture and while it's indirectly related to the situation, that's all is: indirect. This whole counterargument "you think it was bad here, wait until..." is silly. It's akin to when a kid says "I don't like fish sticks, I want fries" and then they get fries and the kid is like "these fries are too salty." The grossness of fish sticks isn't responsible for the saltiness of the fries.

NO NO NO Fluffy!

You are so not allowed to have a coherent, logical, non-inflammatory post! Of all the nerve!!! :mad:

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2010, 11:15 AM
btw, I want my positive gray spek for pullin for texas against nebraska

CrimsonJim
10/13/2010, 11:18 AM

Now you're just telling stories to gain Lid's affection. Collier is going to be jealous!

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2010, 11:32 AM

Done and Done.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2010, 11:46 AM
Now you're just telling stories to gain Lid's affection. Collier is going to be jealous!

Oh, I've had his affection...Apparently yelling "I plead the 5th" over and over is a major lawyer turn on

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2010, 02:40 PM
Oh, I've had his affection...Apparently yelling "I plead the 5th" over and over is a major lawyer turn on

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

TXBOOMER
10/13/2010, 02:48 PM
Back on topic:

U R Correct! I cannot stand looking at his gum chomping a$$! I wish I could cast a spell on him that would make him bite his tongue every 5th chomp!

Sooner in Tampa
10/16/2010, 10:11 PM
Yup...hats off to Bo

JohnnyMack
10/17/2010, 09:58 AM
Lid,

I was wrong.

JohnnyMack

OULenexaman
10/17/2010, 10:25 AM
**** the mother ****ing bugeaters!!! **** Bo, **** their QB, and **** their big headed, easy schedule loving, know nothing jackass fans!!!

yep.....my thoughts too.:D :D :D :D

stoopified
10/17/2010, 10:33 AM
YO BO