PDA

View Full Version : Boise-Nevada

CrimsonRez
10/6/2010, 10:59 PM
I know this is a little far away, but I really do not know much about Nevada. I keep hearing that they are the only team left on Boise's schedule that has a true shot at them.

So my question is, does Nevada have a chance?

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2010, 11:06 PM
I know this is a little far away, but I really do not know much about Nevada. I keep hearing that they are the only team left on Boise's schedule that has a true shot at them.

So my question is, does Nevada have a chance?

Yes they do and so does Fresno state.

CrimsonRez
10/6/2010, 11:09 PM
Is it a matter of time before Kellen Moore f***s up? Or is there another reason?

Okie35
10/6/2010, 11:12 PM
Yes they do and so does Fresno state.

I agree. I think Nevada will be the tougher challenge being that its @ Nevada.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2010, 11:12 PM
Is it a matter of time before Kellen Moore f***s up? Or is there another reason?

When it comes fresno they usually play Boise tough. Nevada this year has slot of experience and I believe the game is at Nevada. Not only that but Nevada has the discipline to beat Boise. Will they? I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if they did though.

Okie35
10/6/2010, 11:13 PM

Moore rarely ****s up.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2010, 11:16 PM
Moore rarely ****s up.

It helps that Boise state has not played a top 25 defense, that is not tcu or some other midmajor,since Moore has been there.

CrimsonRez
10/6/2010, 11:17 PM
Moore rarely ****s up.

damn

OU_Sooners75
Double post

Crucifax Autumn
Nevada will win.

Okie35
10/6/2010, 11:18 PM
When it comes fresno they usually play Boise tough. Nevada this year has slot of experience and I believe the game is at Nevada. Not only that but Nevada has the discipline to beat Boise. Will they? I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if they did though.

The last 3 games Nevada has lost to Boise on average by 6 points. 2007 they lost 69-67 haha in OT @ Boise. 2008 41-34 @ Nevada and 09 it was 44-33 in Boise. Last year Boise State had a 20 point lead in the 1st quarter and Nevada cut the score to 34-26 going into the 4th. I'm w/ you I won't be surprised if Nevada beats them. Nevada plays better @ home.

King Barry's Back
10/7/2010, 07:00 AM
The last 3 games Nevada has lost to Boise on average by 6 points. 2007 they lost 69-67 haha in OT @ Boise. 2008 41-34 @ Nevada and 09 it was 44-33 in Boise. Last year Boise State had a 20 point lead in the 1st quarter and Nevada cut the score to 34-26 going into the 4th. I'm w/ you I won't be surprised if Nevada beats them. Nevada plays better @ home.

Go Nevada! But what if Nevada goes undefeated? Why shouldn't they get the nod that Boise would have gotten? They've already beaten Cal and BYU and would have beaten Fresno and Boise.

They all need to lose. When we are the only unbeaten is the only time I am really happy.

badger
10/7/2010, 08:00 AM
All those WAC teams need to realize that the only way they are ever going to get any attention is if they beat Boise. Don't just win games - beat the big dog in the pack.

A lot of teams take that same approach with us (see: every opponent this year except texas and fsu) and it gets them respect.

TRY to beat Boise. Just try and not suck, please

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 09:17 AM
All those WAC teams need to realize that the only way they are ever going to get any attention is if they beat Boise. Don't just win games - beat the big dog in the pack.

A lot of teams take that same approach with us (see: every opponent this year except texas and fsu) and it gets them respect.

TRY to beat Boise. Just try and not suck, please

Nevada does not suck this year.

They can beat Boise, don't worry.

goingoneight
10/7/2010, 10:01 AM
If we didn't sleepwalk offensively in the Fiesta Bowl for three quarters, we're not having this conversation IMO.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/7/2010, 10:11 AM
Nevada does not suck this year.

BUT, They still can't beat Boise, don't worry.

badger
10/7/2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, much like Miami and SC used to, they would sleep walk through the cupcakes, then play their ranked/legit opponents hard. It was really hard to watch, as you all may recall :mad:

85sooners
10/7/2010, 11:29 AM
Who cares if they win out their not going to the mnc

kevpks
10/7/2010, 01:43 PM
If we didn't sleepwalk offensively in the Fiesta Bowl for three quarters, we're not having this conversation IMO.

I agree. OU created this monster. We owe it to college football to destroy it. Bring them on.

sooner59
10/7/2010, 01:47 PM
Who cares if they win out their not going to the mnc

Because it would make me smile for them to lose and ruin their hopes and dreams on the field.

TahoeSOONER
10/7/2010, 01:56 PM
I go to Nevada games and they're more than capable of beating Boise. Historically these are big rivals and Nevada used to own Boise for decades when they were in the Big Sky and Big West. Reno will be rocking regardless if Nevada is undefeated or not and they typically pull off upsets at home against good teams. It really comes down to Nevada's defense stepping up and whether they can run the ball on offense and keep Boise's offense off the field.

Go Pack!!

JLEW1818
10/7/2010, 06:48 PM
why would we want Nevada to win any games?

We won't them to lose and suck as much as possible.

Oregon already jumped Boise, and so will we. (if we keep winning)

If Nevada beats Boise, great. But it doesn't matter what they are ranked. I want Nevada to lose every game.

it's not a matter of "would an undefeated OU be able to jump Boise?" That's not the point. The point is, will the voters allow a team behind Boise to jump them? The answer is yes. Oregon jumped them. We will jump them as well if we win out. if not sooner.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/7/2010, 08:33 PM
Nevada's coach invented the Pistol formation...THey had 3 1000 yard rushers last season, first team to do so...Kaepernick is an absolute stud at quarterback, at 6'6 225 is tough to bring down and can toss the ball around pretty well... and Taua is a darn good RB...

Nevada blew up Cal by 21 and can score enough points to beat boise

TahoeSOONER
10/7/2010, 09:09 PM

If Nevada beats Boise, great. But it doesn't matter what they are ranked. I want Nevada to lose every game.

it's not a matter of "would an undefeated OU be able to jump Boise?" That's not the point. The point is, will the voters allow a team behind Boise to jump them? The answer is yes. Oregon jumped them. We will jump them as well if we win out. if not sooner.

My point is I want Boise to lose and I'd like to see Nevada do it. I think OU will jump Boise if we take care of business and Nebraska keeps rolling.

birddog
10/7/2010, 09:15 PM
from every game i've seen (2 er 3) it looks like boise means business. they try to intimidate teams with alot of stupid personal fouls(oregon state) but if it comes down to it they'll NEVER win a mnc. it just won't ever happen.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2010, 09:17 PM

Because I want Boise and their fans/media to STFU and not have a crybaby argument.

birddog
10/7/2010, 09:19 PM
you know what? **** em all. they can all rot. there i said it.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 09:33 PM
I go to Nevada games and they're more than capable of beating Boise. Historically these are big rivals and Nevada used to own Boise for decades when they were in the Big Sky and Big West. Reno will be rocking regardless if Nevada is undefeated or not and they typically pull off upsets at home against good teams. It really comes down to Nevada's defense stepping up and whether they can run the ball on offense and keep Boise's offense off the field.

Go Pack!!

Let's not forget that Boise was a noob to d1aa football when they were in the big west and big sky conferences. Shoot barely 50 years Go boise was just a two year school.

TahoeSOONER
10/7/2010, 09:40 PM
I've watched both Nevada and Boise grow up in terms of football and have been lucky enough to broadcast some of Nevada's games. It's been a interesting ride for a Okie that grew up watching real football. Both programs have made major strides but Nevada and Boise have a long standing rivalry.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 09:47 PM
I've watched both Nevada and Boise grow up in terms of football and have been lucky enough to broadcast some of Nevada's games. It's been a interesting ride for a Okie that grew up watching real football. Both programs have made major strides but Nevada and Boise have a long standing rivalry.

I'm not questioning that at all.

Given their history in football, it is their second longest rivalry at 36 games. Boise own the series at a 24-12 edge.

Their longest rivalry is 39 games against Idaho.

TahoeSOONER
10/7/2010, 10:06 PM
I didn't know that, appreciate the info and I know what your saying in terms of Boise's infancy in the game, both schools really.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 10:15 PM
I didn't know that, appreciate the info and I know what your saying in terms of Boise's infancy in the game, both schools really.

Wow.. What a intriguing history for Nevada. They were major division college football from 1945-1950. Then small division from 1950-1972. From 1973-1978 they were D-II. From 1979-1991 they were D1aa. Obviously from 1992 to present they are FBS.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 10:18 PM
Oh and from 1937-1944 they were small division college football.

TahoeSOONER
10/7/2010, 10:23 PM
It's a fun school. UNR used to be a huge party school but has calmed down allot in the past ten years though it's still a party school. Sadly Boise has owned them as of late but Nevada is climbing back.

Should be a great game this year though.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2010, 10:29 PM
It's a fun school. UNR used to be a huge party school but has calmed down allot in the past ten years though it's still a party school. Sadly Boise has owned them as of late but Nevada is climbing back.

Should be a great game this year though.

Yea but the last 3 or 4 were pretty damn close.

Btw the source I used for my data was http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com it has every D1A school most smaller schools and I think even some NAIA schools. Good resource site along with www.stassen.com.