PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I'm watching the ESPN 360 replay of OU-UT

King Crimson
10/6/2010, 08:49 PM
well, or starting too. and Brad Nessler, who looks like **** and covered in some creepy bronzing studio makeup, says that UT is coming off "Mack Brown's worst loss...at home, against UCLA".

OK, sure. But was it REALLY worse than the 60 we put on them in 00. They were ranked #5 IIRC. That was a monumental ***-kicking. We could have named the score.

or even the lesser fisting we gave them in 03? but still scored 60 in which VY debuts...and Mack posts on his website they were "a couple plays" away from being in the game. LOL. when they invent 25 point plays in college football, lemme know.

Lose to UCLA by a bunch at home...."we suck".

Lose to OU by twice as much, two times in three years: "the sky is falling on our flimsy "We're Texas" mythology? Twice. Punctures a hole in the metaphysical sky of their UT universal circle jerk.

I love Greg Davis' playcalling with a dropback passer. He's money for us with Chris Simms, that guy whose name i can't remember who started ahead of Vince Young....and now Gilbert. Gilbert will get better, nice arm and may kick our *** in the future; but dink/dunk without the QB draw option has LB's making easy plays instead of out of position.

Nice job GD. We love you man. For going into that play-calling fetal position we all remember and love, this Bud's for you.

I'm roasting a chicken, peppers and ital sausages (homemade by an ital buddy, whoa!) at the moment....getting ready to enjoy the ESPN 360 replay.

p.s: i almost pissed my pants when Jones fumbled. really. wtf? Jones scares me like that. However, we should call that "opponent fumbles the punt" play more often. It's money the last two weeks. also, loved that 3rd and 9 call inside our 10 where we throw for 30. haha. Texas.

OUmillenium
10/6/2010, 09:23 PM
Chance Mock

King Crimson
10/6/2010, 09:35 PM
Chance Mock

yes.

OK2U
10/6/2010, 09:41 PM
Mack Brown's worst loss at home

King Crimson
10/6/2010, 09:49 PM
Mack Brown's worst loss at home

see, i don't think that's the way he says it.

i think the emphasis is on worst loss and then says it's at home. it's bad sentence structure by Nessler.

worst loss......and it was *at home*.

maybe I'm wrong. but, I don't think so.

plus, they lost some kind of goofball game to NC State in 99 (?) where NCSU scores 14 points off blocked punts. To the purist, that was pretty bad loss. Losing to Neuheisel stealing the Pistol from Nevada....pretty bad too.

TMcGee86
10/6/2010, 10:11 PM
I brought that up in the game thread. I agree, the way they say it it makes it sound like it was their worse loss ever and it just happened to be at home.

I heard another TV hack say it that way the other day.

They should say "worst home loss ever" instead of worst loss ever at home.

Totally agree.

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2010, 10:22 PM
Did you see the shadow of the airliner cross the field lengthwise from right to left and one of the whorn DBs looked up at the plane from the defensive huddle?

Made me laugh. That plane must have been close.

King Crimson
10/6/2010, 10:26 PM
I brought that up in the game thread. I agree, the way they say it it makes it sound like it was their worse loss ever and it just happened to be at home.

They should say "worse home loss ever" instead of worse loss ever at home.

Totally agree.

hell yeah. and thanks a lot as always Ron Burgandy.

cccasooner2
10/6/2010, 10:35 PM

They should say "worse home loss ever" instead of worse loss ever at home.

Totally agree.

But it still winds up as a worst loss. :)

Wishboned
10/7/2010, 12:03 AM
Did you see the shadow of the airliner cross the field lengthwise from right to left and one of the whorn DBs looked up at the plane from the defensive huddle?

I did notice that.

I wonder if it was pulling a banner?

CrimsonRez
10/7/2010, 12:08 AM
I did notice that.

I wonder if it was pulling a banner?

No actually, there were a bunch of airplane shadows they were on their way to DFW Airport I was at the game and it was a bunch of Southwest and American Airline planes...but I admit on the first one I was like...oh ****!

King Crimson
10/7/2010, 12:32 AM
growing up going to every home game from about 78 to 88, child of the Bone...i never thought i would say this. i like that "I" we line up in and run it. WITH that Millard carries.

sooner59
10/7/2010, 01:50 AM
65-13

texaspokieokie
10/7/2010, 05:47 AM
before mack's time but look what houston did to horns in 86,87 &88 (may be off a year)

at least one of those games had to be in astin.

King Barry's Back
10/7/2010, 06:29 AM

Yeah! I saw the same thing! I wanted a shot of the plane or something, but they never mentioned it.

TMcGee86
10/7/2010, 10:27 AM
But it still winds up as a worst loss. :)

heh, good point. :O

stoopified
10/7/2010, 10:42 AM
I did notice that.

I wonder if it was pulling a banner?I say we should do that to UT for no better reason than payback.Show them just how lame it is .

Harry Beanbag
10/7/2010, 11:17 AM
Just finished looking up Mack's double digit home losses, which there are a few of BTW, and noticed a little nugget. Does anybody realize Mack is 2-4 against Kansas State, including two losses in Austin? That is awesome.

King Crimson
10/7/2010, 11:24 AM
Just finished looking up Mack's double digit home losses, which there are a few of BTW, and noticed a little nugget. Does anybody realize Mack is 2-4 against Kansas State, including two losses in Austin? That is awesome.

i think maybe it was 99, I remember watching that game....when Snyder brought the heat every play and they brutalized "the Major" at DKR.

one of Darth Snyder's real top 10 teams and they put 40 on UT.

cjames317
10/7/2010, 11:28 AM
That record could go to 2-5 on Nov. 6.

Harry Beanbag
10/7/2010, 11:45 AM
1998 UT 7 KSU 48 Manhattan
1999 UT 17 KSU 35 Austin
2002 UT 17 KSU 14 Manhattan
2003 UT 24 KSU 20 Austin
2006 UT 42 KSU 45 Manhattan
2007 UT 21 KSU 41 Austin