cccasooner2
10/6/2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.tomwort.co.uk/index.html

gaylordfan1
10/6/2010, 09:55 PM
I think the kid is settling in well...

cccasooner2
10/6/2010, 10:17 PM
The faked punt Roberson carry definitely was not even close to being a 1st down. What do the replay officials need for conclusive evidence? It could not have been clearer on this video.

Chiliman
10/6/2010, 10:36 PM
Where's the AF and Cincy highlights?

Sam.England
10/7/2010, 06:49 AM
The faked punt Roberson carry definitely was not even close to being a 1st down. What do the replay officials need for conclusive evidence? It could not have been clearer on this video.

I have watched that maybe a dozen times, I still dont know how they gave it! Maybe when he was 2 yards out of bounds he got over the line.

And Air Force and Cincinnati (albiet it a small one vs Cinci :rolleyes: ) will be up when there is footage to use. (Air force the download is missing 3/8th of the game, and found a Cinci one now, so should be next day or 2)

sooner518
10/7/2010, 08:36 AM
I have watched that maybe a dozen times, I still dont know how they gave it! Maybe when he was 2 yards out of bounds he got over the line.

And Air Force and Cincinnati (albiet it a small one vs Cinci :rolleyes: ) will be up when there is footage to use. (Air force the download is missing 3/8th of the game, and found a Cinci one now, so should be next day or 2)

if the ball crosses the first down mark out of bounds, and the player still hasnt touched out of bounds yet, then it is a first down because the first down marker extends beyond the field of play. it was a correct call I thought.

(this is not true of the endzone, where you must get the ball inside the pylon, or at least touch it with the ball)

Soonerwake
10/7/2010, 09:12 AM
if the ball crosses the first down mark out of bounds, and the player still hasnt touched out of bounds yet, then it is a first down because the first down marker extends beyond the field of play. it was a correct call I thought.

(this is not true of the endzone, where you must get the ball inside the pylon, or at least touch it with the ball)

Actually, it's where the ball crossed the sidelines. From the NCAA rulebook:

When a ball carrier dives or jumps toward the sideline and is airborne as
he crosses the sideline, forward progress is determined by the position
of the ball as it crosses the sideline (A.R. 8-2-1-III and IV).

OK, back to topic..

sooneron
10/7/2010, 09:18 AM
Good jorb, Sam.

ashley
10/7/2010, 11:23 AM
correct call

badger
10/7/2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome to this website dedicated to an Oklahoma Sooner all the way from Britain, linebacking sensation Tom Wort.

They really are rather British, are they nout? :D

SCOUT
10/7/2010, 12:08 PM
One of the guestbook comments on his site wrote

Liverpool loves Tom Wort! The British Bulldog!
I like it!

Widescreen
10/7/2010, 12:53 PM

I think you've got it backwards. DeMarco was awarded a touchdown last year against OSU even though he went out of bounds (in the air) at about the 2 yard line because the goal line supposedly goes to infinity. Since he landed past the imaginary goal line out of bounds, they gave him the TD.

badger
10/7/2010, 12:55 PM
You know what else extends into infinity?

Wortworth's cuteness :D

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz352/oupride/RRR/28-20/celebrate.jpg

:hot: He looks like just a baby tackling machine right now. Bawww... Baby Boz :D

CrimsonRez
10/7/2010, 05:14 PM
I think you've got it backwards. DeMarco was awarded a touchdown last year against OSU even though he went out of bounds (in the air) at about the 2 yard line because the goal line supposedly goes to infinity. Since he landed past the imaginary goal line out of bounds, they gave him the TD.

I heard them talking about that, I think the rule is, is that if the ball doesn't cross within the pylon part of the players body has to be in the endzone....kinda like when a player runs to the corner of the endzone and they extend their arm out of bounds but their feet are still in the endzone.

jumperstop
10/7/2010, 05:30 PM

So are you like related to Wort? If so, it is awesome to have you posting on the site.

cccasooner2
10/7/2010, 05:36 PM
Actually, it's where the ball crossed the sidelines. From the NCAA rulebook:

When a ball carrier dives or jumps toward the sideline and is airborne as
he crosses the sideline, forward progress is determined by the position
of the ball as it crosses the sideline (A.R. 8-2-1-III and IV).

OK, back to topic..

Why do the posting posters not believe this? I mean, come on, it's either in the rulebook or not. If it is in the rulebook, it's pretty clear. It's not like the GD Constitution.

:hot: