PDA

View Full Version : not one time this entire season

starclassic tama
10/6/2010, 07:11 PM
have the sooners trailed in a game, even by a single point. kinda puts everyone's complaining into perspective...

EDIT: trailed 3-0 to cincinatti. my mistake...

Mazeppa
10/6/2010, 07:17 PM
How long did they lead?

GKeeper316
10/6/2010, 07:19 PM
How long did they lead?

couple minutes. we scored next possession, if i recall correctly. ive done some bong hits since then, so i could be wrong.

starclassic tama
10/6/2010, 07:19 PM
just over 7 minutes, in the first quarter.

the cincinatti drive that gave them the lead started at 13:45. the oklahoma drive that put them ahead for good started at 10:39, and ended at 6:36.

Mazeppa
10/6/2010, 07:30 PM
So we've trailed 7 minutes out of 300.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 10:02 PM
So who wants to compare our time leading to that of all the other unbeatens?

I'll be waiting.

King Barry's Back
10/7/2010, 08:04 AM
So who wants to compare our time leading to that of all the other unbeatens?

I'll be waiting.

Yeah. I'm waiting too.

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2010, 08:19 AM
Too much math for me. Someone else will have to work it out.

Frozen Sooner
10/7/2010, 08:21 AM
just over 7 minutes, in the first quarter.

the cincinatti drive that gave them the lead started at 13:45. the oklahoma drive that put them ahead for good started at 10:39, and ended at 6:36.

That's pretty cool that Cincinnati gets to count their points at the beginning of scoring drives rather than the end. Must make comebacks a lot easier. ;)

starclassic tama
10/7/2010, 08:26 AM
good catch. the cincinatti scoring drive ended at 10:39, and the kickoff was a touchback. so the sooners have only trailed for 4:03 the entire season.

Jacie
10/7/2010, 10:13 AM
good catch. the cincinatti scoring drive ended at 10:39, and the kickoff was a touchback. so the sooners have only trailed for 4:03 the entire season.

Math and football history mistakes on this board are going to get nailed faster than Mack Brown can go down on a 5-star recruit. Spelling is another matter . . .

OUthunder
10/7/2010, 10:22 AM
have the sooners trailed in a game, even by a single point. kinda puts everyone's complaining into perspective...

EDIT: trailed 3-0 to cincinatti. my mistake...

Fail

EDIT: Fail fixed :D

TopDawg
10/7/2010, 11:36 AM
I like that stat. However, I'm a little concerned by this one.

Not one time this entire season...

have the Sooners outscored their opponent in the 4th quarter.

4th Quarter Scores:
OU - 0
Utah State - 0

OU - 3
Florida State - 10
(in a blowout, with a late TD against backups)

OU - 0
Air Force - 14

OU - 7
Cincinnati - 17

OU - 7
Texas - 10

I'm glad that we're winning close games again, but I'm a little bit disappointed that we're letting them get close with some poor 4th quarter performances.

oumartin
10/7/2010, 11:39 AM

4th Quarter Scores:
OU - 0
Utah State - 0

OU - 3
Florida State - 10

OU - 0
Air Force - 14

OU - 7
Cincinnati - 17

OU - 7
Texas - 10

I'm glad that we're winning close games again, but I'm a little bit disappointed that we're letting them get close with some poor 4th quarter performances.

pft. Bob aint worried

landrun
10/7/2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not worried either.

I just realized that this team is sooooo good that we only have to play 3 qtrs to win our games. That's why we quit. If we played the whole 4 qtrs, it just wouldn't even be fair. :D

boomersooner28
10/7/2010, 12:05 PM
Ya, what I'm concerned about is our 4th quarter gameplan. Hurry up Hurry up! Handoff up the middle, loss of one. Hurry up hurry up, hand-off up the middle, no gain. Hurry up, 3rd and 11, 4 yard pass. Punt, offensive time of possession 49 seconds. :(

Breadburner
10/7/2010, 12:09 PM

4th Quarter Scores:
OU - 0
Utah State - 0

OU - 3
Florida State - 10

OU - 0
Air Force - 14

OU - 7
Cincinnati - 17

OU - 7
Texas - 10

We out-scored them something like 63 to 21 in the 4th last year....

goingoneight
10/7/2010, 12:40 PM
I know some people don't like the whole James Hale spin/sunshine pumping way of looking at things, but he did have great point earlier...
He said the defense is young and not very deep, which leads to a bad move here or a busted assignment there late in games, and that if you are still knocking the no huddle offense, it is the fast-paced effort they're putting out there that has won us football games so far. Two DeMarco Murray touchdowns don't happen if OU huddles up and gives Texas time to line up and get set last Saturday.

I know right now it looks like we're just lucky to survive everybody's furious comebacks, but something needs to be said for how a young team can jump on their opposition like that in the first place.

Two things I'm seeing that spell a 5-0 start to 2010.

1. Offensive Line/Tight End and Fullback Play. Grade them whatever you want to. They're not great, but we're running the ball effectively, even if only by gimmicky play that catches teams off guard.

2. The team plays with more confidence and the experience gained overall from 2009's woulda-coulda-shouldas is the biggest reason we're not 2-3 right now.

We're about to get Austin Box back, which can only help for depth even if he doesn't start. Having him out there with the troops is like having an extra hand to lift something heavy. You may not NEED him, persay... but he can't hurt your depth or abilities defensively being back and ready to go. Adrian Taylor is getting stronger and more confident all the while being big brother out there to the young guys we're bringing along. Same can be said for Frank Alexander, Jamelle Fleming and Jonathan Nelson.

The team has a great opportunity to keep growing at this point and possibly become something special.

PalmBeachSooner
10/7/2010, 12:47 PM
I'm special...in a great way.

oumartin
10/7/2010, 12:58 PM
Hey, I have no problem trying to milk the clock after getting a lead. My problem is running the hurry up offense to try to milk the clock. Snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the playclock with a lead is stupid. You aren't fooling anybody by running the hurry up after halftime. Everyone knows you are still gonna do nothing more than run it to kill clock.

We need to come out of the locker room when we have a nice lead and just start running the wishbone. Just put someone with some decent speed under center. We have a great fullback, more than 2 backs that work better on the edges then they do working between the tackles. Run quick pitches to the edges or fun a fullback dive. At least you are killing clock and not being so stupidly obvious as to what you are doing.

TopDawg
10/25/2010, 09:41 AM

4th Quarter Scores:
OU - 0
Utah State - 0

OU - 3
Florida State - 10

OU - 0
Air Force - 14

OU - 7
Cincinnati - 17

OU - 7
Texas - 10

Well, at least we outscored ISU in the 4th.