PDA

View Full Version : Good News: Food Stamp Usage at Record High!

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 11:03 AM
The Good News? With the Government having to feed so many people, that should help to offset the 20%-50% jump in their insurance premiums thanks to Obamacare.

Food Stamp Recipients at Record 41.8 Million Americans in July, U.S. Says

The number of Americans receiving food stamps rose to a record 41.8 million in July as the jobless rate hovered near a 27-year high, the government said.

Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program subsidies for food purchases jumped 18 percent from a year earlier and increased 1.4 percent from June, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said today in a statement on its website. Participation has set records for 20 straight months.

Unemployment in September may have reached 9.7 percent, according to a Bloomberg News survey of analysts in advance of the release of last month’s rate on Oct. 8. Unemployment was 9.6 percent in July, near levels last seen in 1983.

An average of 43.3 million people, more than an eighth of the population, will get food stamps each month in the year that began Oct. 1, according to White House estimates.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-05/food-stamp-recipients-at-record-41-8-million-americans-in-july-u-s-says.html

JohnnyMack
10/6/2010, 11:09 AM
You forgot to type "Dear Leader" along with your copy and paste job. You're slipping.

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking Barack Hoover Obama fits him better.

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 11:43 AM
Where's all the gubermint cheeze? Buried with Reagan?

tommieharris91
10/6/2010, 11:43 AM
I'm thinking Barack Hoover Obama fits him better.

Unemployment in September may have reached 9.7 percent, according to a Bloomberg News survey of analysts in advance of the release of last month’s rate on Oct. 8. Unemployment was 9.6 percent in July, near levels last seen in 1983.

I like Barack Reagan Obama a bit more.

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 12:03 PM
I like Barack Reagan Obama a bit more.Hopefully so. It peaked in 1982, a year into RR's term I believe, and never looked back.

So far, that hasn't been the case.

49r
10/6/2010, 01:08 PM
Be careful, your schadenfreude is showing!!!

OhU1
10/6/2010, 01:50 PM
Food Stamps is welfare for farmers! FDR's government subsidy of an industry's product.

GKeeper316
10/6/2010, 02:01 PM
ya lets blame obama because all the jobs have been shipped off to india and we buy all our stuff from china...

the only jobs the president can create are government jobs. do you want more government, then? or should we trim government spending by eliminating government jobs, thereby increasing the unemployment rate?

whats your solution?

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 02:05 PM
the only jobs the president can create are government jobs.
Then what was the point of the stimulus???

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 02:07 PM
whats your solution?Basically doing the opposite of doing anything Obama has done the last two years.

Which I'm guessing is why most of his economic advisors have jumped ship by now.

GKeeper316
10/6/2010, 02:18 PM
Then what was the point of the stimulus???

you should be mad at the right people... the banks. they took all the tarp money we gave them, and instead of lending it out to small businesses to create jobs like they were supposed to, and had promised to do, they did their financial institution dance with each other and just traded till they secured their own financial positions.

just fyi, tho, the money we gave them will be paid back long before its required, and will actually turn a profit for the taxpayers... so now we can take that money and either pay down the debt, or give it back to the banks with restrictions that earmark it for small business development.

and i saw last night that the donald is thinking about running for prez, and while id never vote for him, i do agree with his main platform of "stop bending over backwards for china".

we can all do our part. stop buying cheap **** from china. stop giving money to companies that outsource customer service (when possible).

GKeeper316
10/6/2010, 02:20 PM
Basically doing the opposite of doing anything Obama has done the last two years.

which is what, exactly?

seems to me you're just bitchin for the sake of bitchin and dont have a clue what to do about anything.

oumartin
10/6/2010, 03:26 PM
I just wanna know where are my food stamps?

nevermind, just give it to the unwed tramp who's baby I help bring into this world by paying her hospital bill.

49r
10/6/2010, 03:55 PM
It wouldn't happen to be due at least in a small part to the fact that due to a constantly growing population, food stamp usage should pretty much always reach (or be near) a record high, now would it?

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 05:08 PM
food stamp usage should pretty much always reach (or be near) a record high, now would it?So what you're saying is Obama and the liberals are forcing people into poverty on purpose???

yermom
10/6/2010, 06:55 PM
which is what, exactly?

seems to me you're just bitchin for the sake of bitchin and dont have a clue what to do about anything.

i see you've been introduced to the Tea Party

49r
10/7/2010, 09:33 AM
So what you're saying is Obama and the liberals are forcing people into poverty on purpose???

That doesn't even make any sense. I mentioned neither Obama nor "the liberals" in my post, and your red herring attempt here is laughable at best, sparky.

My point is that given a relatively steady level of poverty, food stamp usage should always be at or near record highs due to the simple fact that our population is constantly growing. This food stamp deal is a total non issue and you know it.