PDA

View Full Version : Acting in tv commercials

ouwasp
10/5/2010, 11:39 PM
Sometimes it is so bad it is comical. I wonder how much those hams get paid?

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2010, 12:30 AM
I don't know, but I bet a lot of them don't get paid much. Hell, some of the chicks probably don't get paid a thing and are probably blowing the directors just to get on the small screen for 15-30 seconds.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 03:43 AM
Speaking as a ham who has acted in a lot of commercials, I can tell you with complete authority that many of them pay more than being a series regular on a tv show...and almost always for only one day's work.

Leroy Lizard
10/6/2010, 04:05 AM
Speaking as a ham who has acted in a lot of commercials...

Yeah, we know:

http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/enzyte.jpg

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:34 AM
^ Jealous of the Geico Gecko....

oumartin
10/6/2010, 08:09 AM
Speaking as a ham who has acted in a lot of commercials, I can tell you with complete authority that many of them pay more than being a series regular on a tv show...and almost always for only one day's work.

and you are in that group that sissy that rides a moped talked about. You blow the directors just to get a little screen time.

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 10:45 AM
To hell with the Bactors, I wanta whoop datass of the Idiots who Write that stupid **** .:mad:

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 11:41 AM
I like the Go Daddy Commercials. I just want to be clear on this.

badger
10/6/2010, 11:47 AM
I'm a hard working average American adult that you can relate to! :rolleyes:

C&CDean
10/6/2010, 12:35 PM
Who's seen that new snuggie commercial with the people doing the macarena, etc. on it? How ****ing bad is that ****?

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 01:19 PM
and you are in that group that sissy that rides a moped talked about. You blow the directors just to get a little screen time.Well, duh...but I'd do that for free even if there wasn't a commercial to be had. :cool:

To hell with the Bactors, I wanta whoop datass of the Idiots who Write that stupid **** .:mad:Now THAT'S where the real money is. Plus, I've gotta admit, more than once I've deliberately made a commercial really annoying just to punish people who don't have DVR's. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 01:20 PM
I like the Go Daddy Commercials. I just want to be clear on this.You like the pudgy red head?

And let's be honest now...she hasn't missed once meal ever since the big bucks have started rolling in for her. From her first appearance to her most recent, she's gained at least 30lbs.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah, we know:

http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/enzyte.jpg
Nah. While frequently aired, the Extenze type commercials are all non-union, so they don't pay much. Usually about only 3-5 k per day. And a "day" in commercials is usually only about 4-6 hours.

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 01:39 PM
Well, duh...but I'd do that for free even if there wasn't a commercial to be had. :cool:

Now THAT'S where the real money is. Plus, I've gotta admit, more than once I've deliberately made a commercial really annoying just to punish people who don't have DVR's. ;)

Dont werk with Me. While I do Remember the Product that a Particular Commercial trys to push. Its a Negative remembrance.
As In I refuse to buy or have in my shack Cheese its, Simply because that ad they run is so ****ing stupid .:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, but I don't care since I'm freelance and don't work for the actual company. I'm already paid. ;)

olevetonahill
10/6/2010, 01:44 PM
Hell get me a Gig doing those mercials
I can pizz off the best of em :D

ouwasp
10/6/2010, 09:53 PM
You know, I think I'd be a natural in one of those gizmo comms where said gizmo relieves the anguish of someone trapped by a daily dillemma. I'm pretty good at being confused :confused: , irritated :mad:, and then glad :) when a miracle device saves the day!

Then I could have a laugh at some nobody on a messageboard poking fun at my poor ability to act. :D

Sounds like a plan. :texan:

soonerinkaty
10/6/2010, 10:21 PM
I love those Old Spice "Smell like a man, man" commercials. That **** I could watch all day.

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2010, 01:54 AM
You know, I think I'd be a natural in one of those gizmo comms where said gizmo relieves the anguish of someone trapped by a daily dillemma. I'm pretty good at being confused :confused: , irritated :mad:, and then glad :) when a miracle device saves the day!

Then I could have a laugh at some nobody on a messageboard poking fun at my poor ability to act. :D

Sounds like a plan. :texan:Hey, after the first time I made $40,000 for one day's worth of work...I came to the realization that you can call me a crappy actor all day long as long as I'm getting paid.

And you're the one who called yourself a "nobody," not I. Though your strange insecurity on this one is kinda humorous.

unbiasedtruth
10/7/2010, 06:00 AM
Hey, after the first time I made $40,000 for one day's worth of work...I came to the realization that you can call me a crappy actor all day long as long as I'm getting paid.

And you're the one who called yourself a "nobody," not I. Though your strange insecurity on this one is kinda humorous.

must have happened right after the 1,000 yard shot right???

olevetonahill
10/7/2010, 08:10 AM
must have happened right after the 1,000 yard shot right???

Heh, He spent it all at the Gun Show ;)

goingoneight
10/7/2010, 10:07 AM
Why can't all commercials be like beer commercials? And I'm not talking about aging Latino Ladies' Man sporting import shat, I mean the funny ones. You mean to tell me that nobody outside of a brewery has a sense of humor?

Oh, and if I hear that Burger King Flute commercial one more time... :mad:

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2010, 11:48 AM
must have happened right after the 1,000 yard shot right???It's funny how you don't realize that you just demonstrated your complete ignorance on the subject. ;)

OhU1
10/7/2010, 11:53 AM
And I'm not talking about aging Latino Ladies' Man sporting import shat,

If he were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off the urge to thank him.

TMcGee86
10/7/2010, 01:48 PM

I was just about to say this.

There's an actress here in town who is now writing books. She was a speaker at an event I went to and she said that the money she made on a single commercial was more than she made in all her films put together. She wouldn't say how much it was but she described it as a "ridiculous" amount of money.

She said it's just a matter of if your commercial gets picked up and how many times it plays and for how long. If it stays in circulation you just keep making money.

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2010, 01:52 PM
I was just about to say this.

There's an actress here in town who is now writing books. She was a speaker at an event I went to and she said that the money she made on a single commercial was more than she made in all her films put together. She wouldn't say how much it was but she described it as a "ridiculous" amount of money.

She said it's just a matter of if your commercial gets picked up and how many times it plays and for how long. If it stays in circulation you just keep making money.

Crap. That old lady in the Clapper commercial must be approaching Bill Gates status by now.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/7/2010, 01:55 PM
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2010, 01:57 PM
I've fallen, and I can't get up!

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2010, 01:23 AM
Seriously...all those actors who said those classic lines over and over in commercials...made BANK.

The Verizon Guy could SERIOUSLY never work another day of his life if he managed his money even moderately well.

Collier11
10/8/2010, 01:40 AM
I almost did commercials in college, in Oklahoma they wanted you to pay $100 or something like that and you were guaranteed 1 commercial and could earn more if you didnt suck, I said hell with it, I needed that $100 for beer :D

Collier11
10/8/2010, 01:43 AM
It's funny how you don't realize that you just demonstrated your complete ignorance on the subject. ;)

Oh Cmon LAS, if you could hit a target at that range then yer girl wouldnt have capped you so easily in episode 1 of The Resistance :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2010, 02:16 AM
Well **** LAS...Let me know when they need someone who's fat, 40, and white and I'll throw out my mad acting skills.

Phil
10/8/2010, 08:04 AM
So was I the only one that noticed LAS in the IBM commercial during the Nebbish-KSU game?

picasso
10/8/2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.theunusualsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tn2_jeremy_renner_2.jpg
Used to do commercials.

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2010, 03:27 PM
I almost did commercials in college, in Oklahoma they wanted you to pay $100 or something like that and you were guaranteed 1 commercial and could earn more if you didnt suck, I said hell with it, I needed that $100 for beer :D
Just as a public service announcement...NEVER pay to act/audition/etc. a) it's illegal in some states and b) it's ALWAYS a scam. ALWAYS.

So whoever offered you that was a scam artist. Just...fyi.

Collier11
10/8/2010, 03:32 PM
Thats why I drank the beer instead :D

buck
10/9/2010, 11:15 AM
prescription? what do i have?