PDA

View Full Version : Nebbish or Whorns

oupride
10/5/2010, 07:43 PM
Okay, say the Huskers get past KState and are undefeated, who will you be pulling for?

Crimson Kid
10/5/2010, 07:44 PM
Neb allways.

OU Engineer
10/5/2010, 07:44 PM
Nebbish.

Beating a highly ranked oSu and undefeated Nebraska in the CCG will boost us high.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 07:45 PM
whoprns. Who's this nebrish?

oudavid1
10/5/2010, 07:46 PM
f*** Texas. Simple.

MyT Oklahoma
10/5/2010, 07:50 PM
Bugeaters.

Boomer.....
10/5/2010, 07:52 PM
Not even a question. Nebbish.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 08:02 PM
I'm pulling for the traitors. I want OU to be the ones to knock 'em down.

Monster Zero
10/5/2010, 09:04 PM
Okay, say the Huskers get past KState and are undefeated, who will you be pulling for?

Nebraska all the way, baby.

I spent the winter of '94-95 in Omaha. Having a bit of an accent and an Oklahoma tag on the truck, every single person I met was nice to me because I was from Oklahoma. An off-duty Omaha cop started a conversation with me in a grocery store parking lot to talk about Oklahoma football. The most uncivil thing that happened was a couple of college-age guys pulled up next to me and started messing with me after we had lost to NU in bassitball, and even they were just having a little good clean fun with me.

In contrast, what can I say? :texan:

One of the greatest rivalries in college football, and certainly our greatest rivalry, has been sacrificed at the altar of :texan:

THEN after all that's said and done, my BIL shows up here in Oklahoma from another state, (Not :texan: ) him and his wife both all pimped up in their :texan: stuff like they're on their way to homecoming or something.

:texan: has some major retribution coming their way, and it starts on the 16th.

Actually, it's not gonna be that much of a joy to watch. I think it's gonna be like that the time when I was in Coach Brown's gym class in the 8th grade (OKC Webster Junior High School, 1968) and one of the seventh-graders took a beating from another one of the seventh-graders who happened to be on the rassling team. There were a couple of lessons there - the one pertinent to this discussion is:

Don't be like :texan: and maybe you won't have to take a beating in front of the whole gym class someday.

(Second lesson is: Between two guys of equal genetic endowment, whichever one of the two knows how to rassle (or box, or whatever) wins 99 times out of a hundred.)

Also, all the kids in gym class are gonna be on the side of the guy who has been easy to get along with.

Don't be like :texan: and don't raise you kids to be that way either.

CrimsonJim
10/5/2010, 09:13 PM
Nebbish to crush the whorns!! It will be fun to watch Mr. Clappy & Mustcramp lose three in a row.

OUthunder
10/5/2010, 09:14 PM
The horns, here's why.

Nebraska Sucks
Strength of schedule
Nebraska sucks
Nebraska took their ball and ran to the Big Ten because they can't beat Texas
Nebraska sucks
I want them to have some doubt when we stop their *** in the Big XII Championship game.

PLaw
10/5/2010, 09:25 PM
Back in the day, I would be pullin' for the steriod fed farmboys from the Little Red shuckers. I only hate them on one day. But the whiney, orange?? That's hate 365.

BOOMER

agoo758
10/5/2010, 09:31 PM
It's a real shame that some people would completely disregard decades of respect between us and Nebraska over them changing a conference as if no team as ever have done that before.

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 10:25 PM
Nebbish....and I hope it's ugly

And by ugly I mean Neb crushing them

Breadburner
10/5/2010, 10:27 PM
What helps us the most in the BCS........

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 10:29 PM
What helps us the most in the BCS........

Texas is unranked, so getting a high ranked Neb team in the CCG game should we get there is the best for us.

sooner59
10/5/2010, 10:32 PM
Why is this even a question?

TahoeSOONER
10/5/2010, 11:08 PM
Bugeaters by a ton please

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/5/2010, 11:19 PM
Gotta go Whorns. Don't want Nebbish to have a chance at another Title as they depart the conference. I want them beaten by Whorns and us!

K-State winning on Thursday night would be nice.

ouwasp
10/5/2010, 11:31 PM
Nebraska. They provided me a lot of football pleasure back in the dark '90s, when OU was a stumbling shell of its former self. I mean, I stayed a Sooner fan, but when it came down to watching a team kick somebody's butt using option football and tough D, it was Big Red o' the North.

Callahan pi$$ed me off and caused me to want NU to fall off the face of the earth. But that has passed.

Nebraska vs texas? I wish all questions in life were this easy.

GBR

PDXsooner
10/5/2010, 11:35 PM
Huskers all the way. First of all, I love Texas losing. Secondly, an undefeated Nebraska in the Big 12 title game would not only line up a HUGE game for the fans, but it might be the bump OU needs in the BCS standings.

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 06:53 AM
Nebraska

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:00 AM
Gotta go Whorns. Don't want Nebbish to have a chance at another Title as they depart the conference. I want them beaten by Whorns and us!

K-State winning on Thursday night would be nice.

There you have it.

If the corn dogs want a title....let them earn it in another conference. No reason to shake hands as they exit the Big XII Door.

The worst part of it is that many Husker Fans didn't have anything to say or do with this fiasco and they are the ones that ultimately have to put up with attitudes such as mine. I feel for them....they should probably go back to School in Norman....burn their NU Degree if they have one and just start over. I feel they'd be better served plus maybe some of them might come down with some of those Pre-Game Brats/Pols and sausages. Bastages know how to start a Tailgate I tell ya.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 07:03 AM
But if we beat them 65-3 then we send them out like they deserve.

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:09 AM
I'm good with that too I guess but a meeting with the mildkats is even yummier IMHO.

sendbaht
10/6/2010, 08:10 AM
Nebraska anyday.......Go corn bread

OUmillenium
10/6/2010, 08:22 AM
f*** Texas. Simple.

This.

I can only remember a handful of times I didn't route against UTerus, one of those was v USuC in 2005. And actually I pulled for USC all game long til I started thinking about them possibly challenging our win streak.

The others are when UTerus plays lOSUr. Always pull for UTerus because they have actually won something before. I have the same amount of Big 12 trophies and College Football national championship trophies in my closet that lOSUr has.

pweitkem
10/6/2010, 09:10 AM
Nebraska undefeated would be best for OU. But I think UT beats them in Lincoln.

BoomerJack
10/6/2010, 09:10 AM
Cornhuskers of course. As I have said many, many times, I wouldn't pull for U.T. if they were playing Al Queda Tech or Taliban Tech.

C&CDean
10/6/2010, 09:22 AM
Neither one. All this "BCS points" crap be damned. If we win all of our games it doesn't matter spit what NU does. I couldn't give even a little bit of a **** who wins the NU/UT game. All I care about is OU, and OU taking care of our own business. The rest of the crap will come out in the wash.

sooneron
10/6/2010, 09:41 AM
bugeaters. period.

oudivesherpa
10/6/2010, 09:42 AM
Nebbish. UT is in the Big 12 South, I want all other Big 12 South teams to have at least 2 conference losses to provide insurance in case we slip up. We will take care of Nebbish at Jerry's World in December.

oudavid1
10/6/2010, 02:11 PM
Nebraska undefeated would be best for OU. But I think UT beats them in Lincoln.

REALLY!!!!? Where are you from again?

I'll bet with you!

Crimsontothecore
10/6/2010, 02:31 PM
Under any other circumstance I would want NU to win, but as much as it pains me to say this, I would want ...you know..the other team to win. I do not want nebraska thumbing their noses at the Big12 with a trophy under their arm as they exit.

TMcGee86
10/6/2010, 02:47 PM
Nebbish by a million.

Tuck Fexas, and that 1 sec add was a traveshamockery.

josh09
10/6/2010, 03:14 PM
No question, nebraska, even if they weren't undefeated going into this game. But since they are, if they manage to run the table and go into the Big 12 Championship Game undefeated, and if we do too, then the winner of that game is probably going to the national championship, no matter what else is happening in other conferences.

MR2-Sooner86
10/6/2010, 03:18 PM
**** Nebraska. **** Texas. **** that game. **** em both.

We're going to beat both their ****ing asses so it doesn't really 3/4 of a **** matter.

josh09
10/6/2010, 03:35 PM
Neither one. All this "BCS points" crap be damned. If we win all of our games it doesn't matter spit what NU does. I couldn't give even a little bit of a **** who wins the NU/UT game. All I care about is OU, and OU taking care of our own business. The rest of the crap will come out in the wash.

I don't like the BCS points crap either, but that doesn't change the fact that it still makes the final decisions in college football. If we were to play a 1 or 2 loss Nebraska team in the Big 12 Championship, with us being undefeated, along with maybe an Ohio St. or Oregon also being undefeated, then its just a fact that it would be harder for us to jump that Ohio St. or Oregon team if we win. But beating an undefeated Nebraska team would help a whole lot, since the Big 10 and Pac 10 don't have championship games.

As for now though, I'd just like us to focus on the present and finish. :D

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2010, 03:44 PM
Why this question?

I say I am hoping both could win to be honest.

A win by Texas will push our SOS higher. There is yet no guarantee that OU is playing Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship.

However, it would be nice to see two top 5 teams in the Big 12 championship, so I really do hope Nebraska wins.

Now that we beat Texas, I hope they do not drop more than one more game this year...and that is to Nebraska.

josh09
10/6/2010, 03:46 PM
Why this question?

I say I am hoping both could win to be honest.

A win by Texas will push our SOS higher. There is yet no guarantee that OU is playing Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship.

However, it would be nice to see two top 5 teams in the Big 12 championship, so I really do hope Nebraska wins.

Now that we beat Texas, I hope they do not drop more than one more game this year...and that is to Nebraska.

Agreed, 3 losses in a row for texas would be hilarious, but they need to wake up after that so our SOS looks better. Except maybe against A&M, it's always fun to watch the aggies beat the horns, especially since texas feels like they own them(which they pretty much do!).

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2010, 04:07 PM
texas, no doubt about it

KantoSooner
10/6/2010, 04:12 PM
I want Tejas to win out (I'd accept it if pokeys beat them, though) except against Nebs. I want the Huskers undefeated against us in ccg.

screw the BCS, polls or anything else, I just want to watch OU beat Nebs one last time. I might not make it to 2021, and my grandfather certainly won't (he's 98 already), so this is it. And it will make it all the sweeter if they have to wait over a decade to get back once we win.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/6/2010, 05:06 PM
****'em both. i hope they both forfeit

oupride
10/6/2010, 08:13 PM
Gotta go Whorns. Don't want Nebbish to have a chance at another Title as they depart the conference.

This is kinda why I asked the question. A Nebbish leaving the Big 12 as Champion could make the Big 12 look a lot weaker and the Big 10 a lot stronger. Any other thoughts on this matter?

cccasooner2
10/6/2010, 08:33 PM
Definitely Nebraska, improves OUr odds of getting to Glendale as we win out.

BOOMER!!

CrimsonRez
10/6/2010, 11:06 PM
It doesn't matter who else wins as long as we do.

SOFSooner
10/7/2010, 07:30 AM
Doesn't matter, it doesn't involve the Sooners, but if I had to choose it would have to be Nebbish. The only good thing about t**** is it is a buffer between Oklahoma and Mexico, and they suck at that also.

pweitkem
10/7/2010, 07:35 AM
REALLY!!!!? Where are you from again?

I'll bet with you!

How much?

huskerland
10/7/2010, 10:57 AM
whoprns. Who's this nebrish? I don't think that we know who we are just yet. Maybe Husker fans will know more after the KSU game. Any way it's a good question! BTW: It appears that there is a good chance in the future that NU/ OU can hook up again. Great is shows the respect that remains between OU and NU. Let's get it on!

Link!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_7a5d1f00-d1b0-11df-a1c9-001cc4c002e0.html

85sooners
10/7/2010, 11:36 AM
Cornhuskers

oudavid1
10/7/2010, 01:33 PM
How much?

10 spek's, you win ill spek your last 10 posts, i win and you do the same for me.

You think da whorns will beat nebraska and i think the cornhuskies will win.

Deal?