PDA

View Full Version : This week's SI CFB power rankings

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 06:19 PM
The blurb next to the Boise rating had me in stitches.
SEC! SEC! :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/10/05/power-rankings1/index.html

GKeeper316
10/5/2010, 06:43 PM
Congratulations, Broncos. You've arrived. You've got them scared.

proof this tard aint gotta clue...

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 06:47 PM
I was referring to the jort wearin', toothless idjit from Tampa.

GKeeper316
10/5/2010, 06:50 PM
i largely agree with the "jort wearin', toothless idjit from Tampa"

there's no way in hell boise would survive an SEC, Big 10 or Big 12 schedule.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 06:52 PM

Wow, I bet you're the first one to ever say that.

GKeeper316
10/5/2010, 07:18 PM
and i won't be the last either... because i aint wrong.

Sabanball
10/5/2010, 07:24 PM

Agreed. Though I think they would be competitive and their strength of schedule ranking is not as bad this season as some would think, they would win at most 7-8 games a year in the SEC and I think that's being generous.

I actually hope Ohio St slips up and if we can somehow win the rest of our games then maybe we can meet Boise in Glendale and settle this once and for all. Boise has a great program but the fact is they do not play a week in and week out schedule like we do in the SEC. And please I hope no one is thinking their win over Va Tech means anything.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 07:26 PM
My point was that the SEC bigot was showing he is an uneducated moron. Anyone can sit behind a keyboard and spew a bunch of emotional, profanity-laced garbage thinking they are anonymous. And all because some writer puts a rating opinion beside a team he doesn't agree with. I'm glad Andy pulls up one of these emails each week and calls them out. Hope nobody here would send such drivel.

Sabanball
10/5/2010, 07:34 PM
My point was that the SEC bigot was showing he is an uneducated moron. Anyone can sit behind a keyboard and spew a bunch of emotional, profanity-laced garbage thinking they are anonymous. And all because some writer puts a rating opinion beside a team he doesn't agree with. I'm glad Andy pulls up one of these emails each week and calls them out. Hope nobody here would send such drivel.

I agree with you about the email, but I'll be honest I don't think Texas would have beaten Florida last year either. Of course, that's just one season and superiority in college football runs in cycles. Right now the center of gravity is definitely in the SEC, that with the argument being made that the SEC is actually having a down year with the decline at UF and Georgia.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 07:44 PM
I agree with you about the email, but I'll be honest I don't think Texas would have beaten Florida last year either. Of course, that's just one season and superiority in college football runs in cycles. Right now the center of gravity is definitely in the SEC, that with the argument being made that the SEC is actually having a down year with the decline at UF and Georgia.

I totally agree that 'Bama and UF were the best 2 teams at the end of last year. Doesn't mean Texas wouldn't have won because the best team doesn't always win any given game, but i think there was a pretty good gap after the top 2. Really, I don't take these polls very seriously and the humor i derived wasn't what the mouth breather said, but how he said it. He is so SEC conditioned he doesn't even recognize there are other teams and he gets all worked up if someone in "authority" does.

soonerboomer93
10/5/2010, 07:50 PM
Let's see, Boise is doing what they can to improve, they are moving to the MWC next year.

Frankly, against they're conferenance, they're probably more athletic. They seem to have good discipline and fundamentals though. Combine that with good coaching, and that helps alot I would imagine.

CatfishSooner
10/5/2010, 07:53 PM
SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!!!!!1

oupride
10/5/2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the link

Scott D
10/5/2010, 08:15 PM
Boise's not doing what they can...and that is why I still respect Pat Hill at Fresno more than (insert coach here) from Boise State.