PDA

View Full Version : After the puffs & nebbish are gone . . .

Jacie
10/5/2010, 03:49 PM
. . . does any Big XII school schedule them as an OOC opponent?

How long (as in how many seasons) should any school, particularly the North Division, hold a grudge before getting back to "business is business?"

In both cases CU and NU are on an island compared to the rest of the schools in their respective conferences. The closest Big 10 school to Lincoln, NE is Minnesota (Norman, OK is closer to it than Minneapolis). Just from travel considerations alone then, it makes sense for NU to schedule games with Big XII North schools but will any AD want to reward them with a home-and-home after they bolted from the conference? For CU the travel is even farther for conference games. Though they might want to get either of the Kansas schools on the schedule someday, I am not sure if any Big XII school, even Nebraska, would want to renew a series with them.

Would you want OU to play either of them?

I can say, "No, final answer." to Colorado. I never liked the Sooners playing in Boulder, too many bad memories.

Now playing Nebraska means big game, national television, BCS stakes, rehashing the traditions of that rivalry. I think OU and Nebraska should schedule a game though not sure how far in advance and, not a small thing, which school comes calling first? Since they left, I think they owe OU the courtesy of re-establishing ties, though if you disagree with the idea of ever playing them again then it would be a moot point.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 03:50 PM
OU has no room for a nebraska game for years...

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:53 PM
If they do....I won't attend the game. I'll burn the tickets.

Widescreen
10/5/2010, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be interested in getting either on the schedule. There are downsides to them leaving the B12 and scheduling them would mitigate some of those downsides. Screw em.

TahoeSOONER
10/5/2010, 03:54 PM
I hope we get the bugeaters again someday.

Colorado can **** off.

sooner59
10/5/2010, 03:54 PM
OU VS Nebraska MNC. Hey it could happen someday.

yermom
10/5/2010, 03:57 PM
our non-conference schedule just got 25% smaller, i can't imagine Nebraska or Colorado on the schedule anytime soon

especially while Pelini and Stoops are still the coaches

stoopified
10/5/2010, 04:00 PM
our non-conference schedule just got 25% smaller, i can't imagine Nebraska or Colorado on the schedule anytime soon

especially while Pelini and Stoops are still the coachesTrue dat

badger
10/5/2010, 04:02 PM
Isn't NU-CU a "rivalry game" of sorts? Perhaps they'll make theirs a big ol' Big Ten/Pac-12 matchup :rolleyes:

Other than that, we'd probably do a home and home in an eternity away (kind of like when LSU, Tennessee, etc were originally scheduled it seemed like it would take forever for the dates to arrive), especially considering that their recruiting might suck a little bit after leaving Texas behind

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 04:03 PM
I'll let up on Nebbish and loserado a bit. I'll even go to the game as long as it's not one of those Home and Home things. They can come to Norman and play us there like all the other Div IAA schools do.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 04:07 PM
Isn't NU-CU a "rivalry game" of sorts? Perhaps they'll make theirs a big ol' Big Ten/Pac-12 matchup :rolleyes:

As a recent ex-Boulderite, I can say that it was a rivalry until CU slipped off the radar the last few years. But even when it was "active", there was not much history behind. Mostly the 90s.

GimmeRed
10/5/2010, 04:26 PM
. . . does any Big XII school schedule them as an OOC opponent?

How long (as in how many seasons) should any school, particularly the North Division, hold a grudge before getting back to "business is business?"

In both cases CU and NU are on an island compared to the rest of the schools in their respective conferences. The closest Big 10 school to Lincoln, NE is Minnesota (Norman, OK is closer to it than Minneapolis). Just from travel considerations alone then, it makes sense for NU to schedule games with Big XII North schools but will any AD want to reward them with a home-and-home after they bolted from the conference? For CU the travel is even farther for conference games. Though they might want to get either of the Kansas schools on the schedule someday, I am not sure if any Big XII school, even Nebraska, would want to renew a series with them.

Would you want OU to play either of them?

I can say, "No, final answer." to Colorado. I never liked the Sooners playing in Boulder, too many bad memories.

Now playing Nebraska means big game, national television, BCS stakes, rehashing the traditions of that rivalry. I think OU and Nebraska should schedule a game though not sure how far in advance and, not a small thing, which school comes calling first? Since they left, I think they owe OU the courtesy of re-establishing ties, though if you disagree with the idea of ever playing them again then it would be a moot point.

Minneapolis is closer to Lincoln then Iowa City Iowa?

Map Fail?

royalfan5
10/5/2010, 04:43 PM

Other than that, we'd probably do a home and home in an eternity away (kind of like when LSU, Tennessee, etc were originally scheduled it seemed like it would take forever for the dates to arrive), especially considering that their recruiting might suck a little bit after leaving Texas behind

It's fairly likely that NU will have a series with Colorado again sometime in the semi-near future.

kevpks
10/5/2010, 04:43 PM
I'd love to play them in a national championship game (naturally I'm talking about Nebraska here).

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 04:56 PM
I say screw 'em as well, but I still blame a lot of this **** on Texas.

Scott D
10/5/2010, 05:56 PM

if by a lot you mean all you would be correct.

Jacie
10/5/2010, 06:03 PM
Minneapolis is closer to Lincoln then Iowa City Iowa?

Map Fail?

I missed em, thanks.

SoonerLB
10/5/2010, 06:54 PM
They can come to Norman and play us there like all the other Div IAA schools do.

Grovel at the feet of champions traitor dogs! ;)

Husker In Oklahoma
10/5/2010, 07:52 PM

You should, its thier fault 110%.

MyT Oklahoma
10/5/2010, 08:02 PM
I could really care less if we ever see either of them other than in a bowl game. When the going got tough they both folded IMO.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 08:40 PM
You should, its thier fault 110%.

I wouldn't say that. Afterall, Colorado and Nebraska still chose to leave thus deserve a share of the blame.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 08:41 PM
Anyway, this is the 2nd conference that UT has f'd up. They're a cancer and there's no way I'd want them in my conference regardless of how big their fanbase or TV market is.

CatfishSooner
10/5/2010, 09:57 PM
Baylor's lucky they're in any conference...

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 10:28 PM
I'd take a home and home with Nebbish for tradition sake.

**** Colorado. I can't stand that sack of crap fan base......