PDA

View Full Version : Is Texas Going to Push Mack Out?

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2010/10/05/college-football-will-texas-keep-will-muschamp/

I'd take that with a truck load of salt, but if UT is determined to keep Muschamp then maybe it's not too far-fetched.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 02:30 PM
Mack looks like a doormat that was left at the backdoor of Bob's old place in Manhattan, KS.

badger
10/5/2010, 02:30 PM
Ah, the benefits of coach-in-waiting, eh? :D

Bowden: All I want is one more season!

I really hope they don't throw :mack: out the same way they dumped Bobby at FSU. Hook 'em hate aside, Mack's a good guy.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 02:32 PM
I don't understand why the UT brass has such a woody for Muschamp.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 02:33 PM
Mack's a good guy.

Thank you for making me puke.

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2010, 02:34 PM
Why would they push him out? They can find a more suitable replacement than Mustcrap.

Brown is the second longest tenured coach and the winningest coach of Texas (that has coached for more than 3 seasons).

Look how good previous Auburn DCs have faired as head coaches.

Muschamp is not anything special. Hell I would take Brent Venables before Muschamp when it comes to being a HC.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 02:37 PM
Why would they push him out? They can find a more suitable replacement than Muschamp.

They could have, but that's the problem...they've already seemingly made their decision in declaring Muschamp the coach-in-waiting. If they're determined to keep him and UGA fires Richt then they'll have to come up with something to stop him from bolting to his alma mater and that probably means dumping Mack.

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2010, 02:39 PM
So you dump a proven head coach with a good track record for some johnny-come-lately?

yermom
10/5/2010, 02:39 PM
Mack would have to dump a lot of games for this to happen.

he's not nearly as old as Bowden.

i'd LOVE to see this happen though :D

ouduckhunter
10/5/2010, 02:41 PM
I've been wondering when they would start calling for Mack's retirement! Hummm, will Mack go gracefully, and bow out to his lady in waiting, or will he pull a JoePa and retire when he's 85??? How long before Georgia or LSU come calling for Muschamp? There's bound to be some good drama here, especially if Muschamp leaves! If we're lucky, it will rival Tennessee's meltdown when Kiffin left!!

Poor Whorns!! ;)

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 02:44 PM
Everytime the whorns get another Coach the Sooners hear the austinians try to move the RRSO to a Home and Home situation.

Jacie
10/5/2010, 02:51 PM
I've been wondering when they would start calling for Mack's retirement! Hummm, will Mack go gracefully, and bow out to his lady in waiting, or will he pull a JoePa and retire when he's 85???

Poor Whorns!! ;)

Mack may want to coach till he's 85 but the pressure to win is not as great in Happy Valley as it is in Austin. Unlike Mack, JoePa doesn't have to play Oklahoma every year . . .

boomermagic
10/5/2010, 02:52 PM
They will not get rid of Mack.. Not for a while anyway..

stoopified
10/5/2010, 02:52 PM
NO ......thank goodness

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:00 PM
If mack's gonna get pushed out....bevo is gonna have to be given a huge laxative.

OhU1
I am baffled by all the man love down in Austin for "Coach Boom". The Horn fan message boards act like he is the real head coach right now (except when they want to bitch).

I think it's a case of the "grass being greener" with the unproven but supposedly high potential prospect. I would compare the "Coach Boom" halo effect to fans wanting to dump the starting QB for some "Brent Rawls" supposed stud QB on the bench.

sooneron
Sometimes, I really like Tramel. Like this time. Gotta love stirring the pot in asstin.

The administration would be foolhardy to force out a proven winner for someone that is good at coordinating. It's no guarantee that Muschimp would average more than 10 wins a season. In fact, it's doubtful. Most coaches just don't accomplish what :mack: has done. And I call bunk on the nice comment above, he'd sell his mother for another title.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:01 PM
Sometimes,

You lost me after sometimes. :D

sooneron
10/5/2010, 03:03 PM
Ok, nancy, rarely...

pac10SUX
10/5/2010, 03:05 PM
ima gonna mis laffin at ol' yeller teefs!! ;)

boomermagic
10/5/2010, 03:09 PM
If mack's gonna get pushed out....bevo is gonna have to be given a huge laxative.

:eek: :D :D :D

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:10 PM
JENGA ! ! !

mhackl
10/5/2010, 03:14 PM
For me... This would be like trying not to laugh at a funeral.

The university would be set ablaze by rioting fans and boosters.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 03:38 PM
A year after a title game appearance?

TXBOOMER
10/5/2010, 03:47 PM
F Mus Chump. He won't last, not political enough for that job. Mack is a politician. They will mack a big mustake if they get rid of Mack. I mack I mean crack myself up.

KantoSooner
10/5/2010, 03:52 PM
If it happens, I hope it happens soon....so that I can enjoy at least several years of watching Bob own muschamp with implacable domination.

Muschamp is not head coaching material.

badger
10/5/2010, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure Muschamp is going to be the win-title-every-year the whorns expect... I mean, that's the only reason you replace a 10-win-every-year coach, right?

I stand by my previous :mack: is nice comment. Dude didn't call his final timeout when we were in victory formation, was on the sidelines at one of our recent national championship games and really hasn't ever said anything bad about Oklahoma or Bob (at least publicly). We could have a much worse guy coaching our rival... Muschamp perhaps

SoonerBacker
10/5/2010, 04:59 PM
I know SOMETHING is going on down there. I saw several shirts on horns last Saturday that stated, "WE BACK MACK!"

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 05:00 PM
1. Mack is a very good coach who has won big at UT. To think that we are lucky UT has him is ridiculous.

2. That article has zero substance.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 05:07 PM
2. That article has zero substance.

Isn't that the essence of a rumor?

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 05:22 PM
Yes, but I thought Tramel considered himself a professional writer.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, but I thought Tramel considered himself a professional writer.

Hah, I bet he does. The real question is, does anyone else?

badger
10/5/2010, 05:40 PM
Hah, I bet he does. The real question is, does anyone else?

Oh by the way SicEm! I noticed that you're 3-1 so far!
http://i53.tinypic.com/m950u9.png
:D

47straight
10/5/2010, 06:34 PM
I don't understand why the UT brass has such a woody for Muschamp.

Apparently, they think cussing is a huge revolutionary development in coaching.

47straight
10/5/2010, 06:37 PM
I have no insight into boosters or others who have actual pull with the school, but there is a sizeable minority of the fanbase who do want exactly what the article describes.

They want Mack to step "up" to the AD position *now* so that Muschamp won't leave, and so he can go ahead and start building his team.

Mostly, they think with Mack in the AD office that Muschamp will find his own O.C., like I-wanna-fight-with-Ruf/Neks Applewhite

ashley
10/5/2010, 08:20 PM
This is a stupid thread.

mightysooner
10/5/2010, 08:24 PM
Texas is stupid if they push Mack out for any reason. They're only where they are because of him.

MyT Oklahoma
10/5/2010, 08:27 PM
Oh I hope not..........

TUSooner
10/5/2010, 08:38 PM
They have to keep Mack; that team needs a Mommy.

starclassic tama
10/5/2010, 08:56 PM
I think it's a case of the "grass being greener" with the unproven but supposedly high potential prospect. I would compare the "Coach Boom" halo effect to fans wanting to dump the starting QB for some "Brent Rawls" supposed stud QB on the bench.

very well said. mack has not been perfect at UT, but he has them in the hunt just about every year.

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure Muschamp is going to be the win-title-every-year the whorns expect... I mean, that's the only reason you replace a 10-win-every-year coach, right?

I stand by my previous :mack: is nice comment. Dude didn't call his final timeout when we were in victory formation, was on the sidelines at one of our recent national championship games and really hasn't ever said anything bad about Oklahoma or Bob (at least publicly). We could have a much worse guy coaching our rival... Muschamp perhaps

I agree with you on this! While I can't stand him for many reasons, your statements about him are true.

Muschamp........lol, the whole Coach BOOM **** was HILAR.

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 10:14 PM
This is a stupid thread.

Then don't post in it..............................

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 11:04 PM
I agree with you on this! While I can't stand him for many reasons, your statements about him are true.

Muschamp........lol, the whole Coach BOOM **** was HILAR.

For those that dislike Mack, wait until Muschamp is on the sidelines. Then you will know true dislike.

DenverSooner751
10/5/2010, 11:08 PM
For those that dislike Mack, wait until Muschamp is on the sidelines. Then you will know true dislike.

Truth.

Okie35
10/6/2010, 12:38 AM

That made me laugh but you're right. He always looks like he's whining on the sideline.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 01:11 AM
I push out a mack or two every morning and after a large meal.

TexasLidig8r
10/6/2010, 09:16 AM
There are douschnozzles in every fan base.

For the most part, noise is being made by the under 30 year old crowd with an overblown sense of entitlement and an unrealistic view of college football. They don't understand the demands of the job and think all a person needs to do is go out every Saturday and have your coordinators execute a flawless gameplan.

They don't understand nor care to understand the subtleties of the jobs.. the endless days on the road, hobnobbing with high school coaches and well healed alums.... schmoozing politicians both in Austin and in every east popcorn small town.

If Muschamp leaves.. well.. thanks for your help at the university... get some great head coaching experience and maybe one day.. we'll be knocking at your door.

I wonder if those same douschenozzles remember we lost 3 games in 2006 and 2007 as well?

badger
10/6/2010, 10:20 AM
I wonder if those same douschenozzles remember we lost 3 games in 2006 and 2007 as well?

:stunned: You mean teams can't win forever like Pete Carroll said they could?

(we don't have a stunned whorn icon yet, so i'll just use stunned aggie for now)

PS: I still think you should use the avvie I made you :)

AlbqSooner
10/6/2010, 11:26 AM
If it happens, I hope it happens soon....so that I can enjoy at least several years of watching Bob own muschamp with implacable domination.

If Mack is pushed out as head coach, you won't get to enjoy this. Muskrat will be under such intense pressure that anything less than a NC in the first couple of years will have the asstin crowd showing him the door.

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 12:20 PM
Willis Allen Ramsey - A Texan

In honor of Muskchump. :D

xBYV_7a0FQs

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2010, 03:14 PM
There are douschnozzles in every fan base.

For the most part, noise is being made by the under 30 year old crowd with an overblown sense of entitlement and an unrealistic view of college football. They don't understand the demands of the job and think all a person needs to do is go out every Saturday and have your coordinators execute a flawless gameplan.

They don't understand nor care to understand the subtleties of the jobs.. the endless days on the road, hobnobbing with high school coaches and well healed alums.... schmoozing politicians both in Austin and in every east popcorn small town.

If Muschamp leaves.. well.. thanks for your help at the university... get some great head coaching experience and maybe one day.. we'll be knocking at your door.

Everything but this was very well said....well even this was, but Texas is starting at a 4+ loss season in the face.

MR2-Sooner86
10/6/2010, 03:25 PM
Personally I'd love to see Mack step down and Greg Davis named the new head coach.

Hey a guy can dream can't he? :pop: