PDA

View Full Version : Why is OU not on this list

85Sooner
10/5/2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry if it already has been posted.

Bob needs to get AD to pay this kid a visit. AMAZING.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Barry-Sanders-Jr-lands-spotlight-with-highlight?urn=highschool-274408

OK2U
10/5/2010, 12:59 PM
Stoops said OU is recruiting him early today during his press conference.
Couldn't talk about the details

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:01 PM
He doesn't list OU as one of his favorites even though I think he was a visiting recruit for OU during the OU texas game...And AD was there, so maybe..

I just don't think there is any way in hell he ends up at OU...

yermom
10/5/2010, 01:02 PM
is his grandpa still alive? :D

Widescreen
10/5/2010, 01:03 PM
Since his impressive sophomore season, the back has received scholarship offers from Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa and UCLA.
We haven't offered apparently.

oumartin
10/5/2010, 01:11 PM
name doesn't ring a bell.

oudavid1
10/5/2010, 01:12 PM
he plays 3a football, the tackling is horrible. He is a great athlete. But i dont think he will produce in College Football anywhere near his father.

Pigface1
10/5/2010, 01:20 PM
He's the real deal. Wearing a Texas hat while being a guest of OU at the RRS is crap, though.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:21 PM
I've heard stuff like he hates OU, probably always has...He should really hate Brent Parker though

soonerboy_odanorth
10/5/2010, 01:32 PM
Somebody needs to remind the young man what his pop's record was against OU.

mhackl
10/5/2010, 01:34 PM
he plays 3a football, the tackling is horrible.
^^ This ^^

w0lfe
10/5/2010, 01:37 PM
He's the real deal. Wearing a Texas hat while being a guest of OU at the RRS is crap, though.

Yup I heard about this as well, forget this kid. I dont want him either.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:37 PM
Anybody know what they play at Palestine, Texas?

stoopified
10/5/2010, 01:41 PM
If his name was Barry Smith jr I don't think he would get all the attention he is getting.He MIGHT go on to be an inpact player in college BUT history says no. Greg Pruitt's boy? Nope,Archie Griffin's boy? No. Marcus Dupree's boy? No. Marcus Dupree's boy? No.David Overstreets' boy was a good but not greet db.Small school kids can make it big,does Jason White ring a bell? That said I don't care one way or another.I have seen many times when we didn't get must have players who turned out busts,landed studs who ended up duds so I don't care until they are at OU.

kbsooner21
10/5/2010, 01:43 PM
he plays 3a football, the tackling is horrible. He is a great athlete. But i dont think he will produce in College Football anywhere near his father.

So did Wes Welker...

Pretty sure Ronnell played 8 man...

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 01:43 PM
85, visit the recruiting forum. We have a 4 page thread about the kid.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143747

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 01:49 PM

That's shows me some maturity issues. Most the kids will drop the emotional stuff that infect us fans when it comes to really choosing a school. They will try to decide which program is the best fit as well as the school. And they will appreciate all the schools devoting recruiting resources. But he's just a junior, right? He could grow up some more.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:51 PM
he will always be just a junior

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2010, 01:52 PM
he will always be just a junior

:D :D

badger
10/5/2010, 01:59 PM
It's funny, cuz Barry Sanders Junior's name is not Barry Sanders Junior :D It's just "barry sanders." I think they have different middle names. But yeah, I expect everyone to call him junior and to make fun of him as such when he doesn't choose their school. If he doesn't go to Poke State (even though OSU stole his daddy's tape so that he wouldn't get offered elsewhere), those fans are gonna be SOOOOO butt hurt

Pigface1
10/5/2010, 02:03 PM
That's shows me some maturity issues. Most the kids will drop the emotional stuff that infect us fans when it comes to really choosing a school. They will try to decide which program is the best fit as well as the school. And they will appreciate all the schools devoting recruiting resources. But he's just a junior, right? He could grow up some more.

I agree.

mhackl
10/5/2010, 02:06 PM

Ok... Good Point

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 02:08 PM
Sanders recently named Oklahoma State, UCLA, Florida State and Alabama as his top four current college choices, but nothing is permanent.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/heritage-halls-barry-sanders-cuts-list-to-four/article/3501335#ixzz11VrnpG3B

Phil
10/5/2010, 02:09 PM
Stoops said OU is recruiting him early today during his press conference.
Couldn't talk about the details

I'm pretty sure Stoops didn't mention that he was recruiting any particular individual by name. That's a major no-no.

TMcGee86
10/5/2010, 02:13 PM

Pretty big diff between TX 3A and OK 3A.

For one, Texas only goes up to 5, so you are really talking about the equivalent of a Tx 2A team.

Texas 2A is pretty weak. Though Colt did alright.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 02:17 PM
the point is there is talent scattered throughout all levels of high school football...and these coaches know enough to grade out what the player can do vs what the stats say or who the competition is

TMcGee86
10/5/2010, 02:17 PM
the point is there is talent scattered throughout all levels of high school football...and these coaches know enough to grade out what the player can do vs what the stats say or who the competition is

Totally agree with that.

Pricetag
10/5/2010, 02:27 PM
It's funny, cuz Barry Sanders Junior's name is not Barry Sanders Junior :D It's just "barry sanders." I think they have different middle names.
Barry W. Sanders?

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:05 PM
BSjr would start at Tulsa University. They should probably send Steve Largent to talk to him.

tommieharris91
10/5/2010, 03:14 PM
Bob needs to get AD to pay this kid a visit. AMAZING.

*psst* that's kinda against ncaa rules

texaspokieokie
10/5/2010, 03:16 PM
he seems to be reasonably articulate for a hi school junior. much more talkative than his dad was then or maybe even now.

the kids he's playing against are just not in his league. did you see in one game he got 313 yds,but only had 13 carries.

remember, his grandad wanted Barry SR to go to OU, but he only weighed
about 165, so OU didn't want him.

i don't care where he goes, but i'd prefer it wasn't tx. ucla could be a good choice.& a fun place to go.

just not tx.

Wishboned
10/5/2010, 03:20 PM
He can come to OU and play for conference and national championships. Or he can go to another school and watch OU play for conference and national championships.

It's his choice.

TahoeSOONER
10/5/2010, 03:29 PM
It's his choice but if he did wear a tx hat while a guest of OUs then he needs to make another choice other than OU.

That's straight disrespectful and we don't kindly to those kind of kids.

He's dynamic but we're LOADED at RB now.

texaspokieokie
10/5/2010, 03:31 PM
he's only a jr.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 03:33 PM
Put me in the group that doesn't care what he does...Kinda why I don't get into recruiting much...

you sign the kids that want to be apart of your program and wish good luck to the rest...and don't get overhyped about any of them until they are making plays on the field wearing an OU helmet

freshchris05
10/5/2010, 04:01 PM

344 Carries 2628 yards 7.6 avg 37 TDS... one year

You are probably right

texaspokieokie
10/5/2010, 04:02 PM

You are probably right

nobody else has.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 04:03 PM

You are probably right

I know :D

freshchris05
10/5/2010, 04:04 PM
i knew i shoulda put one of these ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 04:06 PM
Im pretty sure if you divide those stats in 1/2 and he can do that in a season, whoever signs him will be pretty happy

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 04:07 PM
i knew i shoulda put one of these ;)

nuthing like a fresh wink for teh ladies.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/5/2010, 04:07 PM
3A football? Is that the best you guys can come up with? Somebody better go tell Nick Saban, Joe Pa, Les Miles, and about 20 other guys to stop recruiting him because he plays "Oklahoma 3A."

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 04:11 PM
he's been watchin a little tape

PLaw
10/5/2010, 06:38 PM

Hmmm, ask Ronnel "THE HAMMER" Lewis about small school hitting.

The hardest hitting HS game I ever saw was a Class A game down in Garvin Co.

BOOMER

oudavid1
10/5/2010, 07:41 PM
Hmmm, ask Ronnel "THE HAMMER" Lewis about small school hitting.

The hardest hittingd HS game I ever saw was a Class A game down in Garvin Co.

BOOMER

im not saying your wrong, but a couple of big hits on special teams is all he is known for. Its not like we are running a 4-3, Ronnell isnt that could of a linebacker (yet, hopefully).

I hope im wrong about barry, i know him socially, but i dont see him being anywhere big in 4 years. If he goes to Bama he will never break 600 yards in one season.

Boomer38Sooner
10/5/2010, 07:44 PM

I'm good friends with Barry... I can't believe you would think he is immature. Unbelievable man. If your dad won the Heisman at OSU, of course you would be a devout OSU fan. OSU hates us like we hate Texas. Its as fair as that. Barry is a great kid and one of my friends. So STFU

ashley
10/5/2010, 08:04 PM

You should have told coach Switzer to not go to Hooks, TX. Maybe SMU should not have offered Eric Dickerson of Sealy, TX.

PLaw
10/5/2010, 08:28 PM
im not saying your wrong, but a couple of big hits on special teams is all he is known for. Its not like we are running a 4-3, Ronnell isnt that could of a linebacker (yet, hopefully).

I hope im wrong about barry, i know him socially, but i dont see him being anywhere big in 4 years. If he goes to Bama he will never break 600 yards in one season.

I think the original post had something to do with 3A tackling being inferior. The point was there is good technique and hitting in the lower classes. I didn't intend to imply that Ronnel had arrived as a top flight college LB, just that he can bring the wood. Like you, I think (hope) Ronnel will be fine in about another year.

In fact, I can show you some pretty sloppy tackling in the Texas 5A level. Just go to any Justin Northwest game for a good example of how not to tackle.

Boomer

PLaw
10/5/2010, 08:33 PM
You should have told coach Switzer to not go to Hooks, TX. Maybe SMU should not have offered Eric Dickerson of Sealy, TX.

Yeah, Barry should have never set foot in Momma Selmon's house in Eufala or Mrs. Peters house down in PV. And, how 'bout that Cumby kid from Clarendon.

In fact, now that I'm on a roll. Brian Urlacher played 3A ball in NM. And, those Florida schools better stay away from Pahoke.;)

Boomer

soonerborn30
10/5/2010, 08:45 PM
I'm with STEP. I couldn't GAS less where this kid plays.

Although, it would be pretty funny if he pulled a Ryan Broyles and chose us over OSU. OP.com might actually physically explode in a mushroom cloud of hatred if that happened.

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 06:17 AM
Yeah, Barry should have never set foot in Momma Selmon's house in Eufala or Mrs. Peters house down in PV. And, how 'bout that Cumby kid from Clarendon.

In fact, now that I'm on a roll. Brian Urlacher played 3A ball in NM. And, those Florida schools better stay away from Pahoke.;)

Boomer

think it was Kenny King that came from clarendon.

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 06:49 AM

you can see flaws in Barry's game that all these college coaches can't see ???

Pigface1
10/6/2010, 10:28 AM
He's the real deal. However, being a guest of someone and then throwing it back in their face by wearing the other team's gear while being said guest is pretty immature.

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 11:03 AM
he's only 16 or 17.

TMcGee86
10/6/2010, 11:24 AM

Again, Sealy is TX 3A, the equivilent of where BSJ is at is TX 2A. And I have to agree that there are very few kids recruited out of 2A here. It's just not as good.

3A is where it starts to get legit. Even then it depends on where you go. Sealy is right outside of Houston so it produces a decent amount of talent.

cvsooner
10/6/2010, 11:52 AM
Wearing the Texas hat says a lot about his attitude.

It would be worth it to get him, though, just to see the absolute total meltdown at OSEwe. First Broyles...now this. :)

Seamus
10/6/2010, 11:52 AM
I'm good friends with Barry ... Barry is a great kid and one of my friends.

OK, this is an excellent opportunity. If you are indeed good friends, and not implying that you aren't, please ask him if he actually wore a ut hat while a guest of OU at the RRS.

If he did, please ask him why he would do such a thing. Then pop back in here and share his answer with us.

Pigface1
10/6/2010, 12:44 PM
A lot of people saw him and it was supposedly on a dare.

Salt City Sooner
10/6/2010, 12:50 PM
Wearing the Texas hat says a lot about his attitude.

It would be worth it to get him, though, just to see the absolute total meltdown at OSEwe. First Broyles...now this. :)
Don't forget Hurst. BSJ would be the trifecta.

oudavid1
10/6/2010, 02:08 PM
you can see flaws in Barry's game that all these college coaches can't see ???

no, his plays are assisted by poor play on the other side. But he is defiantly talented. But i dont want OU to get him is all. And as i said, i do know him socially and he is very likable. I(Just me, dosnt mean you cant) just dont really like him at OU.

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 02:15 PM
yep, he's head & shoulders above his opposition. why wouldn't you want him @ OU.

this last clip i saw, he was barely touched, hardly any attempts @ tackles.

Pigface1
10/6/2010, 03:47 PM
I'd like to have him there, but it's not going to happen. And really, he'd have a hard time seeing the field as soon as he'd want to compared to other places.

Okie35
10/6/2010, 03:52 PM
I'd like to have him there, but it's not going to happen. And really, he'd have a hard time seeing the field as soon as he'd want to compared to other places.

He'll go to Okie Lite

CowboyMRW
10/6/2010, 05:21 PM
I think a lot of us fans would be ok if he didn't choose us. It's all what's best for him personally. It would suck to lose out on a legacy of that talent and name but it's the kid's choice to do whatever he thinks is best. I just hope he doesn't go to UCLA or Tennessee.

badger
10/6/2010, 05:38 PM
He'll go to Okie Lite

Now if only they could find Thurman Thomas Jr. and Mike Gundy Jr. and they'd have the infamous pic that all the Poke sports bars have everywhere again :rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
10/6/2010, 05:40 PM
& Hart Lee Dykes Jr.

goingoneight
10/6/2010, 06:02 PM
Would Brent Parker, Jr. please fumble the OU-OSU game away? :D

Okie35
10/6/2010, 06:29 PM
Now if only they could find Thurman Thomas Jr. and Mike Gundy Jr. and they'd have the infamous pic that all the Poke sports bars have everywhere again :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :P

PLaw
10/6/2010, 06:59 PM
think it was Kenny King that came from clarendon.

Bingo! you are correct. Both had nice NFL careers.

George was from the Tyler area.

BOOMER

freshchris05
10/7/2010, 09:30 PM
8-man, 2-A, 6-A, it doesn't matter, there are alot of things that go into recruiting these kids. Tom Wort played 5-A in Texas and I think I saw him miss a tackle or two. And as far as RBs go, don't pay attention to stats. Film.