PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Pick Us to finish 11th

boomersooner82
10/5/2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=205006218&DB_OEM_ID=10410

I guess I can't say I'm surprised, but 11-of-12 with teams like Nebraska and Colorado picked ahead of us just sounds depressing.

badger
10/5/2010, 02:27 PM
We were joking before the football season that the good thing about being Baylor and Poke State is that with two teams leaving, they will move up the preseason polls next year from their 11/12 positions.

And then, the Pokes go and get themselves ranked and Baylor receives votes in the poll this week!

Long post short, anything can happen... but if it doesn't, we are guaranteed to move up the preseason poll next year :(

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2010, 05:16 PM
We were joking before the football season that the good thing about being Baylor and Poke State is that with two teams leaving, they will move up the preseason polls next year from their 11/12 positions.

And then, the Pokes go and get themselves ranked and Baylor receives votes in the poll this week!

Long post short, anything can happen... but if it doesn't, we are guaranteed to move up the preseason poll next year :(

You do know this is a basketball ranking right? It doesn't have anything to do with football.

royalfan5
10/5/2010, 07:20 PM
I would guess that the ballots go out with Nebraska prefilled into 10th place for simplicity's sake. I suppose they will have buy new ones for next year.

badger
10/6/2010, 11:18 AM
You do know this is a basketball ranking right? It doesn't have anything to do with football.

Ja, but they rank all 12 teams in football too, which is why I made the comparison.

Here's another comparison - you might get to TWO postseasons this year for major mens sports instead of just one! See, I just mentioned football and basketball together again! :D

But yeah, I stand by my first statement - nowhere to go but up if you're ranked 11th or below in the Big 12 preseason poll this year :(

badger
10/7/2010, 11:23 AM
The women were just picked to finish third.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101007_92_0_Bigwom756940)

While I would love to scream B***S*** and break things against the wall, I'll save any angst for this season's incarnation of the womens bball blog.

Baylor's Behemoth helped Skeletor claim top preseason dishonors, but rumor has it that the Behemoth might not be there past this season. I don't think the WNBA allows early entrants, but I do know that overseas ball does for both men and women and that it pays a lot more than Baylor.

The Laggies of aTm are #2, because their bully brute force intimidates most... but not OU. Still bitter about the championship game last year, yes. IT WAS THE RIM! THEY ADJUSTED OUR RIM BEFORE THE GAME STARTED! :mad:

Once again, the Big 12 conference will be strong and difficult to win. But, I think Sherri's girls are more than up for the challenge... I just hope Whitney Hand can stay healthy.