PDA

View Full Version : Tom Wort

SCxxSOONER
10/5/2010, 12:25 AM
Named Freshman player of the week by Rivals.

Thought he played really well Saturday, good young player has been out of place at times, but him being a freshman and having to go up with the variation of offenses from air force, cincy, and now texas think he will be a good player

CrimsonRez
10/5/2010, 12:31 AM
Tom Wort...hits very very hard just ask whittaker

sooner59
10/5/2010, 12:53 AM
He is coming along well. All of our young guys seem to be. Now we just need to get our injured guys healthy again. What a great week for a bye followed by Iowa State at home.

Okie35
10/5/2010, 01:42 AM
Tom Wort...hits very very hard just ask whittaker

That hit on the sideline and Tony Jefferson's hit on Goodwin were :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 03:50 AM
Everyone here talks **** on him all week then he gets a national recognition. Funny.

Breadburner
10/5/2010, 04:44 AM
Everyone here talks **** on him all week then he gets a national recognition. Funny.

Not everyone....

Sooner70
10/5/2010, 06:11 AM
I was worried Wort might do a Jeffcoat. I recall Wort had personal foul problems earlier in the season, but he seems to have settled in nicely and that's not happening now. Seems like a good, solid player.

I still don't understand why OU cannot recruit a solid field goal kicker that is a sure thing outside of 30 yard line. Doesn't make sense that Sooners can recruit all those good players & not come up with credible long distance kicking threat.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 06:52 AM
Not everyone....

True, but you did see it and you know what I mean.

Widescreen
10/5/2010, 07:29 AM
True, but you did see it and you know what I mean.

Seems to me some people were complaining when he played poorly and are complimentary when he played well. That sounds kinda normal to me.

TXBOOMER
10/5/2010, 07:56 AM
That hit on the sideline and Tony Jefferson's hit on Goodwin were :eek:

May be the best freshman DB I have ever seen!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 07:59 AM
I still don't understand why OU cannot recruit a solid field goal kicker that is a sure thing outside of 30 yard line. Doesn't make sense that Sooners can recruit all those good players & not come up with credible long distance kicking threat.

I still don't understand what the hell this has to do with Tom Wort.

Fail.

NormanPride
10/5/2010, 08:21 AM
There was a defensive player (Beal maybe?) that was quoted after the game as saying the Texas gameplan was to pick on Wort. He's the weakest link on the D, and until we really get good play from him or Box when he's back we will always give up tons of yards.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 08:37 AM
In that case...

We got good play from Wort and we may get better from Box.

gaylordfan1
10/5/2010, 08:42 AM
I think Box will play and have a chance to win the MLB spot, but I still think Wort continues to start until a greater talent takes his spot. I have several friends that think that Box is our missing link to our defense.... I think we are progressing well. At least it adds depth.

CrimsonRez
10/5/2010, 08:43 AM
Tom has come along very well since the first game. He seems like he is getting back into coverage much better than he did against USU. He is also for the most part wrapping up on his tackles instead of relying on the Brandon Everage technique which was fly head first at them and hope you hit them square in the chest.

NormanPride
10/5/2010, 08:48 AM
No doubt he gets better every game, and his ceiling is really high. Box may be a shadow of himself... Anyone that has experienced really bad back pain can attest to the fact that it saps all strength from you.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 08:50 AM
I have, but it made me STRONGER because I was fortified with KNOWLEDGE from teaching and coaching.

C&CDean
10/5/2010, 08:51 AM
Take a lap.

SouthFortySooner
10/5/2010, 08:52 AM
Count me as one who doesn't think Box will win it.

Tulsa_Fireman
http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2007/09/18/wood3.box.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
If I'm gonna talk crap on Tom Wort, I'll say it to his face.

And then I'll run like my *** is on fire.

sooneron
10/5/2010, 09:04 AM
This is so hard to wrap my little brain around. Let me get this straight. A 19 year old football player is improving as the season progresses?

:mack:

gaylordfan1
10/5/2010, 09:11 AM
This is so hard to wrap my little brain around. Let me get this straight. A 19 year old football player is improving as the season progresses?

:mack:

Yes, college football is getting confusing this year..... :confused:

Jboozer
10/5/2010, 10:26 AM

I don't think that will help, you'll be f***ed!

NOVSooner
10/5/2010, 11:02 AM
when he came in like a raging bull and threw the blocker off him and got Gilbert! that was an amazing play. dude was determined on that one!

Soonermagik
10/5/2010, 12:05 PM
It's going to take him some time to learn the system. He's looked great at times, but sloppy at other times. I think he will become a nice player.

SCxxSOONER
10/6/2010, 10:50 PM
Hes had his rough spots but Ive thought he was special since the first game...the way he runs to the ball, it seems like hes in on the tackle every play just reminds me of travis lewis and rocky calmus

yankee
10/6/2010, 10:55 PM
.the way he runs to the ball, it seems like hes in on the tackle every play just reminds me of travis lewis and rocky calmus

he definitely likes contact, that's for sure.

Crucifax Autumn
Seems to me some people were complaining when he played poorly and are complimentary when he played well. That sounds kinda normal to me.

That I can deal with. I'm talking about the crowd that wanted to bench him. He wouldn't have got freshman of the week or played a good game sitting on the sideline.

yankee

i hope you run a 4.4 forty! :D

CrimsonRez
10/6/2010, 11:01 PM
Why would you talk **** to Tom in the first place?

Chiliman
10/7/2010, 05:50 AM
Wort has had one really good half in 5 games. He was nonexistent in the first half against Texas. If Box is good to go, why wouldn't he eventually get his job back? Inconsistency in the middle absolutely crippled us all season until the second half of the Texas game. Wort may end up being good but he is still not playing the position well. His good plays against Texas were an exemple of his strengths, ie., chasing the ball. Wort is not disciplined in gap integrity and taking on blockers, which are major negatives in the long run playing the Mike position.

King Crimson
10/7/2010, 06:10 AM
given that UT and the "Mad Genius" Greg Davis had exploited us over the middle with the Ryan Reynolds injury, Brandon Crow, Austin Box failures.....the last two years....I thought we got pretty good play out of Wort.

not real happy with most of his other body of work, however. but i'm willing to move on and let see.

Sam.England
10/7/2010, 06:41 AM
He played well against Utah State for the most part... and watching the replay he did have 12 tackles not the 7 given. I havent seen the Cincinnati game due to no coverage here, but it was bad from all accounts.

I will say he does need to get off the blocks better, but its not helping him with the Interior D line not being as it was (missing a certain #93 who demanded double teams). Im sure he will put on some more weight over the next few years which will help with the run game.

Still, im sure every freshman linebacker has had poor games, and he is only going to get better.

Chiliman
10/7/2010, 06:51 AM
Box hasn't played MLB against Texas and not surprisingly SE and TB are back after a 3 week absence.

Cleaning up a pile after the runner has been taken down by someone else is not a tackle. People see what they want to see.