PDA

View Full Version : Next year will be even better for OU/TX

Tigeman
10/4/2010, 10:17 PM
I'm going ahead and looking forward to another TX a$$ whippin next year at the hands of us. It's gonna be fun.

Lets look at what happens to them!

They lose a few of their O-line (we've seen first hand how bad that sucks). They lose their corners, they lose Acho, they're still stuck w/ Gilbert Grape, but most of all.... they lose their DC! No more Musdick to deal w/ :cool: (I'm predicting he gets and takes the Georgia job).

The future looks brighttttt.....so I gotta wear :cool:

josh09
10/5/2010, 12:30 AM
Haha I dont think Muschamp will be leaving, he's already been named "next in line". But yes, I have a feeling we will be favored by a lot next year for this game.

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 12:39 AM
Georgia is his Alma Mater and has close to the same money as *, plus they're in the SEC. Muschamp leaves if he gets the offer. Hell.... he almost left to TN.

ousooners182
10/5/2010, 03:08 AM
Georgia is his Alma Mater and has close to the same money as *, plus they're in the SEC. Muschamp leaves if he gets the offer. Hell.... he almost left to TN.

exactly. he wont wait for mack if he gets the chance to coach at georgia. 90% of texas fans on their board feel the same way.

Jacie
10/5/2010, 07:12 AM
And you think his stock is going to go up from the stellar results posted by the whorn defense this year, do you?

He'd be lucky to get an offer to coach linebackers at Lollygag High after this season.

Muschamp ain't going no where.

XingTheRubicon
10/5/2010, 08:21 AM
I think he stays at UT...and Georgia would hire him in a second if he'd go.

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 01:54 PM
And you think his stock is going to go up from the stellar results posted by the whorn defense this year, do you?

He'd be lucky to get an offer to coach linebackers at Lollygag High after this season.

Muschamp ain't going no where.

Wow... really???? You think one season defines you?.... and a season that's not even over at that! I bet after last year you were ready to fire Stoops too? After taking 2 seperate teams to the mNCG and grabbing one title along the way, I'd say the guy has proved he can coach a D. But I guess we'll just see.

Fraggle145
10/5/2010, 02:19 PM
I'm going ahead and looking forward to another TX a$$ whippin next year at the hands of us. It's gonna be fun.

Lets look at what happens to them!

They lose a few of their O-line (we've seen first hand how bad that sucks). They lose their corners, they lose Acho, they're still stuck w/ Gilbert Grape, but most of all.... they lose their DC! No more Musdick to deal w/ :cool: (I'm predicting he gets and takes the Georgia job).

The future looks brighttttt.....so I gotta wear :cool:

You obviously dont know much about UGA. 1st of all they just got a new AD. The first thing he wants to do probably isnt to fire a coach with six 10 win seasons, one 9 win season, 2 8 win seasons and 2 outright SEC titles. Richt has at least one more year. They fired Martinez last year and the D still hasnt improved. They will fire Mike Bobo this year.

Secondarily, Muschamp obviously isnt tied completely to UGA, he was D-Coordinator at one of their archrivals at Auburn before he went to texas.

You also forget there are other D-Coordinators with strong ties to UGA. *cough* Kirby Smart *cough*

Jacie
10/5/2010, 03:04 PM
Wow... really???? You think one season defines you?.... and a season that's not even over at that! I bet after last year you were ready to fire Stoops too? After taking 2 seperate teams to the mNCG and grabbing one title along the way, I'd say the guy has proved he can coach a D. But I guess we'll just see.

I grant that I am relishing watching the great Coach Boom's squad take some hits this year but it is more than that. It is because everytime I watch him during a game he reminds me a lot of Dave Wannstedt. Now Dave was a pretty good D-coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys and parlayed that into a short, and not very good stint as head coach of the Dolphins. I was more than a little surprised he managed a head coaching job at a school of the calibre of Pitt after being let go by Miami. Whenever I see Pitt play, there's Dave jumping and screaming seemingly at everyone, not what I like to see in a head coach (I know, Bob's done a bit of it himself but Wannstedt seems to be in permanent hypermode). As far as results go, Dave has yet to win the Big East where the only real competition he has is West Virginia. I think he is always going to be a runner-up coach and Muschamp reminds me a lot of him. I wouldn't want him to be the coach of my school's team unless I was a fan of a team that was not one of the elites among college football.

Sooner-N-KS
10/5/2010, 03:30 PM
Haven't you heard? This wasn't *'s year anyway. They are loaded with freshman talent that's going to crush OU's lack of talent next year and every year after. :P

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 03:39 PM
I couldn't give a rats *** what the whorns problems are for next year. Right now I need them to win out so our BCS position stays strong. We have things way more important to think about right now IMHO.

Screw Georgia, the dolphins....west virginia and anyone else who is trying to cut off a cow chip from the whorns. We need them to stay on track until Bowl Season. If they want to fly a banner or sumthang....I'm OK with that though.

stoopified
10/5/2010, 03:54 PM
Haven't you heard? This wasn't *'s year anyway. They are loaded with freshman talent that's going to crush OU's lack of talent next year and every year after. :PUT owns OU.....just ask TexLid.The fact that OU owns the series leads in the decades of the 1950's,1970's,1980's,2000's is apparently irrelevant. Apparently UT has a different definition of domination than I do.