PDA

View Full Version : Our two deep

Collier11
10/4/2010, 09:38 PM
This has been talked about a ton the last several weeks so I figured I'd just put the numbers out there.

On our two deep we have 10 Fresh/Soph's on Offense and 17 on defense

Take away Broyles and Lewis who are probably the most likely of our JR's to go pro and we have 6 JR's on Off and 4 on Def.

So, 27 of 49 players listed on our Depth chart are FR or Soph's and 10 are JR's not counting Broyles or Lewis.

Needless to say, this team is young and loaded. We are going to continue to get better this year and if we avoid any speed bumps along the way, we could be REALLY GOOD by the end of the year. The next few years dont look too shabby either :D

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Tigeman
10/4/2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah I'm REALLY excited about next year!!! Losing Murray sucks, but I do think Broyles stays.... his size won't allow him to go real high in the draft I don't think.

The question is, can he improve his draft # w/ another season.... I'm not sure he can, so he may leave for that reason alone.

soonerguild
10/4/2010, 09:45 PM
My way of being optimistic through the first 5 games is that we appear to be really fast and athletic, just foolish sometimes, and I think we have a chance to get a lot better the rest of the year. How we play after this bye week at home will say a ton about how we are working. The next week should purely fundamentals.

Collier11
10/4/2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah I'm REALLY excited about next year!!! Losing Murray sucks, but I do think Broyles stays.... his size won't allow him to go real high in the draft I don't think.

Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin disagree

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2010, 09:54 PM
maclin is 6' right at 200 lbs..he is a different build than broyles..

why would broyles stay because of size? its not like he is going to stay and get bigger

OU Engineer
10/4/2010, 10:04 PM

Wes Welker would also disagree vehemently.

Salt City Sooner
10/4/2010, 11:03 PM

The question is, can he improve his draft # w/ another season.... I'm not sure he can, so he may leave for that reason alone.
It's not just about him though. One has to factor in who else would be coming out, & this looks to be shaping up to be one heck of a receiver class. Throw in the potential lockout, & IMO it's nowhere near a cinch that he (or Lewis for that matter) leave.

yankee
10/4/2010, 11:39 PM

and santana moss, and the steve smiths, and wes welker, and...

Tigeman
10/4/2010, 11:55 PM
maclin is 6' right at 200 lbs..he is a different build than broyles..

why would broyles stay because of size? its not like he is going to stay and get bigger

That was my point

Point being he's not gonna grow, other than weight. So only thing he could do to improve his draft spot is performance based, and well... not sure he can improve it enough to move up the boards.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 12:12 AM
Early draft boards have him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, id have to guess that is pretty accurate at this point

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 12:41 AM
Early draft boards have him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, id have to guess that is pretty accurate at this point

Yep, and I don't really see him going any higher even if he stays another year, which normally is the sign to leave. It all depends how big his school pride is and how Important a degree is to him.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 12:45 AM
surprisingly, the one I looked at tonight had Lewis as a 1st rounder. I was thinking 2nd

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 12:50 AM
surprisingly, the one I looked at tonight had Lewis as a 1st rounder. I was thinking 2nd

Nope, alot of people are saying he's the 1st LB taken.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 12:55 AM
Hey was a top 15 pick on this site

Okie35
10/5/2010, 12:55 AM
Nope, alot of people are saying he's the 1st LB taken.

Yup, Travis Lewis is the #1 LB on Mel Kiper's board.

He's already a top 5 receiver according to scouts. His size isn't a factor. I doubt he stays but he might.

47straight
10/5/2010, 12:59 AM
There wont be the NFL in the fall, means that Broyles stays,

Collier11
10/5/2010, 01:01 AM
As likely as it looks now, I cant imagine that the NFL would be so stupid as to allow actual games to be missed. It is at the height of popularity and I just cant see it

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 02:06 AM
As likely as it looks now, I cant imagine that the NFL would be so stupid as to allow actual games to be missed. It is at the height of popularity and I just cant see it

Games won't be missed. They will just have STEP playing QB, C&CDean playing RB, and the rest of the team made up of those banned from Hornfans.com.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 02:07 AM
STEP would be the worst prima donna QB ever, I can already hear him crying about his knees

ashley
10/5/2010, 07:21 AM
The younger your team the more improvement you generally get as the season goes on.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 08:23 AM
Shoot...cannon of an arm...cannon...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 08:24 AM
I think we all should know by now that draft boards at this point of the season aren't even close

fwsooner22
10/5/2010, 08:27 AM
There wont be the NFL in the fall, means that Broyles stays,

I hope you are right and it's a REALLY good point.

NormanPride
10/5/2010, 08:28 AM
I've viewed this team as a swinging pendulum. Every once in awhile we hit the mark exactly and look like a really dangerous and unstoppable giant. The rest of the time, our youth and inexperience hurts us in big ways. The pendulum has been swinging closer and closer to the mark each game, and it's nice to see that against a good team like texas that the D was solid on about 95% of its plays.

Now, we just need the OL to get more consistent and we'll be good to go. Habern has had a rough year, but the tackles have looked better and better each game, IMO.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 08:28 AM
Are we giving Mel Kiper love now?

Because I thought he was a pompadour wearing dooshnozzle?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 08:31 AM
Are we giving Mel Kiper love now?

Because I thought he was a pompadour wearing dooshnozzle?

Whats wrong with pompadours?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 08:32 AM
http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/MelKiperJr.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 08:33 AM
Maybe I do know more in this case because of teaching and coaching it...experience usually accounts for knowledge

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 08:34 AM
Teaching + Coaching / Experience = KNOWLEDGE

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 08:37 AM
http://llenrock.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/knowledge-is-power.gif

Tulsa_Fireman
10/5/2010, 08:38 AM
KNOWLEDGE

Soonerwake
10/5/2010, 08:50 AM
Whats wrong with pompadours?

Your pompadour is looking might good these days... :D

NormanPride
10/5/2010, 08:51 AM
It's what the N is for?

sooneron
10/5/2010, 08:54 AM
http://addresslabelsusa.com/nebraska_helmet.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 09:15 AM
Your pompadour is looking might good these days... :D

i knew it!:D

OK2U
10/5/2010, 10:58 AM
In one of the post-game celebration video posted on Soonersports, all of the players are all chanting:
"O....U.... WE TOO DEEEP!
O....U.... WE TOO DEEEP!"