PDA

View Full Version : This year seems very promising...

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2010, 06:22 PM
and it has only just begun to get good.

Now then, I am not usually one to look ahead during the season, but if you will forgive me, I am right now.

This year seems like it is on the way to being a very good season for OU, but look at 2011.

If all underclassmen stay, we are looking at replacing just 3 fulltime starters on offense, 4 if you include Cameron Kenney (6 seniors on the 2 deep depth chart).

On defense we will only lose 3 seniors starters and those three are also the only three on the 2 deep depth chart.

All Seniors on the two deep are:
Demarco Murray RB
Mossis Madu RB
Cam Kenney WR
Bradon Caleb WR
Brian Lepak RG
Eric Mensik RT

Quinton Carter DB
Jonathan Nelson DB
Jeremy Beal DE

:eek: :cool:

So this year may be special, but next year may be unbelievable!

OU Engineer
10/4/2010, 06:27 PM
Chill.

Remember what happened last time we looked ahead to next year when we kept all those good players...

(We went to the Sun Bowl - If you've forgotten)

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2010, 06:32 PM
Sun Bowl?

You mean the replacement of 4 OLinemen? The fact that Greshman never seen the field? Or that Sam Bradford played a whopping 1.5 games?

Next year we will have a very experienced OL that will protect our QB.

Injuries are always possible, but honestly, how often does last year injury type of season happen?

Yes, we went to the Sun Bowl, but it was not because we kept a bunch of good players. On offense alone, we had to replace 1Chris Brown (RB), 2 WRs, and 4 OLinemen from the 2008 team.

The defense was fairly good and was not hampered with the injury bug like the offense was.

Next year, we return a lot more experience than we did last year.

soonerguild
10/4/2010, 06:41 PM
supposedly t lewis made it sound like this was his last RRS, just sayin, he and broyles are the only two i see possibly leaving early

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 06:41 PM
Broyles and Lewis.....NFL more than likely, hopefully there is a lockout.

PDXsooner
10/4/2010, 06:47 PM
I've heard this a lot during the Stoops years. About how much better we are going to be next year...bottom line is, with injuries, players leaving, etc. you never know. You capitalize when you can.

soonerguild
10/4/2010, 06:50 PM
I agree with you, and who knows what is going to happen, but I don't think it is crazy with all the younger players getting playing time and playing well to be excited for the future, but hey, some are optimist's, some aren't.

OU Engineer
10/4/2010, 06:54 PM
not saying Im not an optimist

Im excited for the next few seasons since were so young.

I just dont want to get the carriage in front of the horse...

mightysooner
10/4/2010, 07:07 PM
Im excited for the next few seasons since were so young.

^^ This more than anything. I think our DB's are gonna be nasty!