PDA

View Full Version : I know it's espn but

aero
10/4/2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with this assessment from Big 12 Power Rankings Week 6:

"Theorize all you want about whether or not Nebraska would beat Oklahoma. They might if they played tomorrow, but look at who Nebraska's beaten and who Oklahoma's beaten. Almost weekly fourth-quarter miscues have produced some scores that were closer than they should have been, but Oklahoma was clearly the better team in all five wins."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/power-rankings-100410

While people can point out our mistakes or our disposition of letting teams hang around, I think any reasonably knowledgeable, unbiased, football fan would agree that we appeared to be the better team in all 5 games so far. I think we are sitting in a pretty good spot right now. Semi under the radar. Lots of people doubting us and perhaps underestimating us. I actually think we may have a pretty good team that is only improving game by game. Kind of a work in progress. This may turn out to be an interesting year.

starclassic tama
10/4/2010, 06:11 PM
not to mention, bowl blunders aside, stoops' teams almost always get much better towards the end of the season.

jiminy
10/4/2010, 07:45 PM
not to mention, bowl blunders aside, stoops' teams almost always get much better towards the end of the season.

Especially this team, with all the talented frosh who are getting great game experience this season

SoonerNation20
10/4/2010, 08:55 PM
Especially this team, with all the talented frosh who are getting great game experience this season

Like Tom Wort, who appeared to have doubled his season tackling total against *.

Dan Thompson
10/4/2010, 08:57 PM
It's surprising how young the team is. Lots of Freshman and Sophmores.

OK2U
10/4/2010, 09:05 PM
Like Tom Wort, who appeared to have doubled his season tackling total against *.
After the Cinci game I was really looking forward to Box's return, but after he played so well against Saxet and since Box will have some serious rust to knock off, I wonder if Wort has played himself into the surefire starter in the middle.

oupride
10/4/2010, 09:23 PM
thanks for the post

Jboozer
10/4/2010, 09:23 PM
I thought wort was great. He was everywhere, and his intensity was amazing. I think he is only getting better. T Lewis probably has alot to do with it he is our one true leader and is getting everyone in position against *

aero
10/4/2010, 09:28 PM
Wort is a punisher. Looking forward to seeing him fulfill his potential.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 09:38 PM
Like Tom Wort, who appeared to have doubled his season tackling total against *.Wort has been one of OU's top tacklers all year.His biggest problem has been that he tries to make ALL the tackles and that attitude has taken him out of position on more than a few occasions because he didn't take care of his assignment.As they always say the best part about frosh is they become sophs.