PDA

View Full Version : Wait, wait, wait..........

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 05:26 PM
Oklahoma State was supposed to be as good as ever last year with all of that talent. Last year was the year for them and it turned out pretty mediocre.

YET! its 2010 and they are in better contention this year than last!

WTF!

They might be second in the South with a team that everyone said could maybe win 7 games in a rebuilding year.

Is Holgerson really that much of a difference?

The big 12 south has taken a very weird turn. But at least we are still on top!

If by some miracle OSU beats Texas (which i doubt, but this is prolly their best shot at it this year) than it will be very interesting come november.

That being said, is Gundy on the hot seat if they dont beat OU or Texas?
-I say no, give him 1 more year.

your thoughts?

Scott D
10/4/2010, 05:30 PM
Holgerson? maybe.

Their 42 year old QB? more than likely ;)

DarrellZero
10/4/2010, 05:36 PM
Wake me when they:

1) Beat somebody worth a damn (and no, ATM ain't it).

2) Beat anybody on the road.

3) Play some defense.

Any of the three will do.

Soonermagik
10/4/2010, 05:38 PM
They have yet to be tested. They played an over hyped A&M team at home and barely won. They still have to beat Nebraska, Texas and OU. I say they lose 3-4 games.

Tigeman
10/4/2010, 05:50 PM
The only reason they have a chance at beating TX is b/c TX has no offense. Little Bro is gonna score.... Period! So your only shot is to hold them in the mid 20's and outscore em. TX can't score enough, even on that mediocre defense.

A&M and OSU have almost identical personalities.... so that's why that game turned out like it did.

If Stoops doesn't go into his shell and lets KW keep going then we'll be fine against OSU. I've determined we have no problem scoring, which is evident by the fact that we've scored on the first and second series of almost every game so far. I just think Stoops shuts it down once we're in the 20's b/c they don't trust Landry and the offense and well... he's a defensive coach. He wants the game in the hands of the defense, and thinks he's ok as long as the offense just doesn't lose them the game. Which is Ironic I was thinking this b/c it's exactly what Traber was saying today as well. But it's true. I think you'll see something VERY similar to the RRS game when we play little bro....in terms of the results and how things progress throughout the game.

starclassic tama
10/4/2010, 06:13 PM
gundy isn't going to be on the hotseat for losing to OU and texas every year but still winning 8 or more games...

soonerguild
10/4/2010, 06:54 PM
best shape lil bro has ever been in as a program unfortunately, if they fire gundy it would be as dumb as the firing of leach and mangino, not only are the odds of them finding someone better than him slim, but that coach would leave if he did have success. the fact that gundy will never leave has to give him some extra time since at a place like stoolwater they are normally a stepping stone.

btb916
10/4/2010, 07:11 PM
How do you figure Gundy will be on the hot seat?

cvsooner
10/4/2010, 07:57 PM
They also have some ridiculous schedule with...what...eight home games? Unbelievable.

TahoeSOONER
10/4/2010, 08:05 PM
They are going to score but with a running game and some good defense we'll handle them like we always do.

Tigeman
10/4/2010, 08:06 PM
How do you figure Gundy will be on the hot seat?

Cause of Boone's statements earlier this year. And well.... money talks! And well.... he gives them more than their football program brings in, in a year. Their A.D. is owned by Boone, so well.... you do the math! Rather or not it's realistic... everything rides on Boone's perception of things. That being said, I don't think it happens. But that's the line of reasoning.

soonerguild
10/4/2010, 09:41 PM
how great would it be if boone did get inpatient and fired gundy. In 3 years when they are 6-6 again i would love to see the picture on boone's face then.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 09:45 PM
Wake me when they:

1) Beat somebody worth a damn (and no, ATM ain't it).

2) Beat anybody on the road.

3) Play some defense.

Any of the three will do.
Preach it bro

stoopified
10/4/2010, 09:49 PM
They have yet to be tested. They played an over hyped A&M team at home and barely won. They still have to beat Nebraska, Texas and OU. I say they lose 3-4 games.True dat

SoonerNation20
10/4/2010, 11:59 PM
They also have some ridiculous schedule with...what...eight home games? Unbelievable.

Apparently they talked to Ohio State when doing the scheduling. Ohio State pulled that garbage too. They already play in the Big 10 with those horrendous teams.. now they schedule 8 homes? What a joke.

Okie35
10/5/2010, 12:10 AM
The only reason they have a chance at beating TX is b/c TX has no offense. Little Bro is gonna score.... Period! So your only shot is to hold them in the mid 20's and outscore em. TX can't score enough, even on that mediocre defense.

A&M and OSU have almost identical personalities.... so that's why that game turned out like it did.

If Stoops doesn't go into his shell and lets KW keep going then we'll be fine against OSU. I've determined we have no problem scoring, which is evident by the fact that we've scored on the first and second series of almost every game so far. I just think Stoops shuts it down once we're in the 20's b/c they don't trust Landry and the offense and well... he's a defensive coach. He wants the game in the hands of the defense, and thinks he's ok as long as the offense just doesn't lose them the game. Which is Ironic I was thinking this b/c it's exactly what Traber was saying today as well. But it's true. I think you'll see something VERY similar to the RRS game when we play little bro....in terms of the results and how things progress throughout the game.

Yea we get very conservative after a comfortable lead.

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 12:37 AM
Yea we get very conservative after a comfortable lead.

Which could have been fine w/ last years D.... this years....not so much. Man we miss GK :(

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 12:45 AM
Any team would improve by getting Gundy off the playcalling.

soonerborn30
10/5/2010, 09:21 AM
I've said for a long time that guys like T Boone expect ROI. In this case, it's in the form of championships. I think everyone realizes how unlikely little brother is to ever win a conference championship, much less a national championship, hence the hot seat talk.

But, knowing them, they'd gladly take an *** whipping in a CCG and tout their division championship status.

King Barry's Back
10/5/2010, 09:39 AM
gundy isn't going to be on the hotseat for losing to OU and texas every year but still winning 8 or more games...

Exactly right. Given the expectations at Stoolwater, Gundy has probably already won almost enough to have bought another season. If he picks up two more Ws, plays TX close and doesn't embarass himself against OU, he'll be fine.

King Barry's Back
10/5/2010, 09:44 AM
I've said for a long time that guys like T Boone expect ROI. In this case, it's in the form of championships. I think everyone realizes how unlikely little brother is to ever win a conference championship, much less a national championship, hence the hot seat talk.

But, knowing them, they'd gladly take an *** whipping in a CCG and tout their division championship status.

Too true. Let's face it, if we beat them but wind up tied at first place in the South Div -- and we went to the CCG based on head-to-head -- they would be THRILLED. They'd build a new trophy case for the "DIV CHAMPS" trophy, and they'd have "DIV CHAMPS" rings made for every player and trainer w/i 100 miles of Stilly.

They'd be justified in celebrating what, for them, would be a big deal, but they'd also try to taunt us with how they "tied OU!" Which we'd ignore as we prepared for another conference championship.

That's just how it would be.