PDA

View Full Version : I listened to the game...

BoomerJack
10/4/2010, 03:00 PM
... on the radio. Have been this year since moving to Stillwater in May. To sort of change gears, I heard Bob Berry, bless his heart, refer to one of the hashmarks as a "hash brown". To his credit, he immediately realized the error and laughed at himself along with Coach Johnson and probably all associated with the production of the broadcast.

OK2U
10/4/2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, he also credited DeJuan Murray with a couple nice catches.

tfoolry
10/4/2010, 03:12 PM
I left a hash-brown in my pants after that late OU fumble.

BoomerJack
10/4/2010, 03:13 PM
I left a hash-brown in my pants after that late OU fumble.

Did it leave a hash mark???

ouduckhunter
10/4/2010, 03:14 PM
LOL, that is too funny!

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 03:14 PM
What they still aint got TeeVee in stoolwater?

fwsooner22
10/4/2010, 03:20 PM

I was thinking the same thing

BoomerJack
10/4/2010, 03:21 PM
;)

Surprisingly, yes we do. Had sound muted on my Sony TV.

You also might be interested to know that my place has running water and indoor plumbing as well. ;)

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 03:25 PM
;)

Surprisingly, yes we do. Had sound muted on my Sony TV.

You also might be interested to know that my place has running water and indoor plumbing as well. ;)

Now I Know yer just making **** up :eek:

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 03:25 PM
Dude... Saturday we had Brad Nessler. The rare occasion that listening to a game called on ABC is fun.

But I understand... Saturday was BBS's last RRS game over radio. :(

We won it for you, Bob!

Jacie
10/4/2010, 03:31 PM
Maybe Bob had been walking around the midway earlier and seeing all those fried food booths made him hungry causing him to utter a Freudian slip.

SoonerPr8r
10/4/2010, 03:31 PM
If you get invited to a party and they ask you to bring a date. They expect livestock with hopes of wife swapping.

Rickety_Syd
10/4/2010, 03:44 PM
I haven't listened to a radio broadcat in years, but I will be forced to next Saturday. The Iowa State game is on FSN and DishNetwork just dropped FSN, so I'll have to listen to the radio.

Sometimes I wonder if these Bob Barry stories are true or if people are just taking advantage of an old man too be funny. Not too long ago I used to turn down the TV and listen to the radio broadcast and never had a problem with Bob.

I don't demand perfection from play-by-play announcers because they all make mistakes during games. I have an old cassette tape of an OU/Kansas State game from 86 or 87. OU was blowing them out and Jamelle Holieway was replaced by Eric Mitchell, but John Brooks kept calling him Holieway for about half the fourth quarter. He even called him Eric Metcalf once. And I LOVE Brooks.

mightysooner
10/4/2010, 07:23 PM
"I heard Bob Berry, bless his heart, refer to one of the hashmarks as a "hash brown".

HAHAHA....maybe Bob didn't have breakfast, or didn't remember that he did. As long as the nose of the ball is over the hash brown I'll take it.

cvsooner
10/4/2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, he also credited DeJuan Murray with a couple nice catches.

He meant Jamarkus Miller. Or DeMarco McFarland. Or...